Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

halwain posted:

The city has a couple of really weird high spires, does someone remember those from somewhere in the comics?

Elevator shafts leading to an underground city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Emerson Cod posted:

Its probably the version of the city in the Himalayas, the team gets there, and after whatever big Season Finale event, it blasts off to the moon. That part may happen in a movie. They wouldn't have to cast the Royal Family, though it would make sense if Skye's dad is one of them (my wife is guessing Maximus).

Could we not give away poo poo like this - even though it is speculation based on the comics and it might not even come to pass, poo poo like "its on the loving moon" should come as a suprise to most people and be really exciting, not "oh yeah it's on the moon as some comic nerds waffled about it 6 months ago".

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

OB_Juan posted:

Elevator shafts leading to an underground city.

I could see them going this route actually just by how the city seems to be layered.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mr Beens posted:

Could we not give away poo poo like this - even though it is speculation based on the comics and it might not even come to pass, poo poo like "its on the loving moon" should come as a suprise to most people and be really exciting, not "oh yeah it's on the moon as some comic nerds waffled about it 6 months ago".

In a TV thread full of Marvel nerds? Good luck with that.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Honestly, I really doubt that we will see any actual Inhuman related stuff. Similar to Hydra, the big reveal will come in the movie, not on the tv show. Hence, I doubt Skye will have any real connection to the Royal Family.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Did the prop department give Hunter Jeff Winger's cowboy costume?

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

In a TV thread full of Marvel nerds? Good luck with that.

Yeah I know, but I have to try. The Arrow and Flash threads both have "no comic chat" rules but they are equally annoying. It would be great just to have some of that poo poo put behind spoiler tags for us nerds that are not also comic book nerds.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mr Beens posted:

Yeah I know, but I have to try. The Arrow and Flash threads both have "no comic chat" rules but they are equally annoying. It would be great just to have some of that poo poo put behind spoiler tags for us nerds that are not also comic book nerds.

It's not spoilerish. It's pure speculation. You're asking people to not speculate at all? That's loving stupid.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Also Arrow and Flash are about actual comic book characters so somethings from comics can legit spoil potential story lines since they are lifted straight from them. We don't even know what kind of alien stuff we are dealing with here yet or what the "city" exactly is.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Clearly it's Atlanta. Poor Kree guy was just trying to make his Delta connection.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Mr Beens posted:

Also it hasn't been on the moon for years :eng101:

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
People are extrapolating from Marvel comic universe knowledge. Nothing that has been presented in the show has even hinted at moon cities, Kree/Inhuman bullshit. is it too much to ask that stuff like that could be shoved behind a /comic chat spoiler tags?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Ward/Brett Dalton transitioning from a terrible character and actor into the best on the show has to be one of my favorite things about this series. Crazy Ward is just the best.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I love how even when he does something good Ward still managed to kill an innocent bystander just because.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

JT Smiley posted:

I love how even when he does something good Ward still managed to kill an innocent bystander just because.

Who was the bystander? The bartender? I feel like that was a Hydra bar or something.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

ToastyPotato posted:

Who was the bystander? The bartender? I feel like that was a Hydra bar or something.

Wow, just because they work at a Hydra bar doesn't make them a terrible person. :colbert:

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Deakul posted:

Wow, just because they work at a Hydra bar doesn't make them a terrible person. :colbert:

I thought Simmons' pal at the Hydra lab wasn't going to be a bad fellow but then he was all gleeful about genocide so I have adjusted my expectations accordingly. :colbert:

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

ToastyPotato posted:

Oh poo poo, you're right.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

JT Smiley posted:

Oh poo poo, you're right.

Hence the "welcome back" to Ward. I know his segment was kinda the B-plot of this episode but I enjoyed it a lot more. Coulson had necessary plot, but it wasn't really EXCITING plot. Meanwhile Crazy Eyes sends them a gift-wrapped Hydra upper manager and then heads off to immolate and bury his brother.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Just to add to speculation - The town Skye was found in as a baby is near the Himalayas.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Mokinokaro posted:

I could see them going this route actually just by how the city seems to be layered.

Just caught up on last night's episode and yeah my first thought seeing it was Ant/Termite colony cross-section so whatever it is it's probably underground.

Vendetta
Jun 30, 2002

I'm in pieces.
I know I wasn't the only one who snickered when I realized that he'd given the bartender his bullet in the head back.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I unfortunately got to watch this weeks episode late. And double unfortunately haven't had time to catch up on the posts between last week and now. But I just want to congratulate myself on correctly predicting Ward trying to take down Hydra (and somewhat from the inside). It's only a matter of time before he's "back on the team but no one trusts him" in season 3 as I had mentioned before. He ended it by saying he has personal matters to attend to and a clear "gently caress my brother" news paper toss. But here is something you may have missed because it was such a quick shot of the contents of the bag. Obvious kidnap things.

But there is clearly a tape recorder in there. If he doesn't kidnap, torture, and then force a confession from his brother about his involvement in Hydra as his big "gently caress you let me back into SHIELD look how committed I am I even tortured my own brother/got my own personal revenge for him being a dick to me" I will be incredibly surprised.

That being said I am really glad the whole carvings thing turned into a map. I hope we see some really cool alien poo poo like we did in Avengers and GotG. #Kree

Windows 98 fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Nov 13, 2014

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Big fan of Skye's casual "Hail Hydra" phone greeting.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

DancinBrud posted:

Yeah, that got a laugh out of me as well.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I want to go back to me around episode 9 or so and say "I loved an interaction between Skye and Ward in Season 2" and see how I react.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

DancinBrud posted:

I'd like to think that's how Hydra agents actually answer the phone.

"Hail Hydra! Pizza? Sorry you have the wrong number"

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I don't care if it doesn't make any sense, that fuckin' city is K'un-L'un and I won't hear otherwise!

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

LeafyOrb posted:

They probably have their own pizzeria at this rate.

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Mr Beens posted:

Nothing that has been presented in the show has even hinted at...Kree/Inhuman bullshit

Well, except for the whole ancient blue corpse, hidden alien city, and possible half-alien/something team member. Those all qualify as pretty good Kree/Inhuman hints.

Just because poo poo isn't being name dropped doesn't mean the hints aren't there.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

ToastyPotato posted:

They probably have their own pizzeria at this rate.

Hydra Pizza Buffet. Cut off a slice, two more take its place!

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Jamesman posted:

Hydra Pizza Buffet. Cut off a slice, two more take its place!

That's actually a perk of joining HYDRA, all the pizza you can eat and a really drat good dental plan.

Stayne Falls
Aug 11, 2007
Everything was beautiful
This show really took a hell of a chance giving us the boring prequel for an entire 2/3 of a season but it really feels like it's paying off now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

LeafyOrb posted:

Well it is how they say goodnight.

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

DFu4ever posted:

Well, except for the whole ancient blue corpse, hidden alien city, and possible half-alien/something team member. Those all qualify as pretty good Kree/Inhuman hints.

Just because poo poo isn't being name dropped doesn't mean the hints aren't there.

I think that's kind of his point though. If you know the comics even a little, and you pay attention to Marvel's big press announcements, you're going to suss out that they're about to become a huge deal in the films and on this show, to the point that it's pretty clear that they'll be a major part of Avengers 3.

There might be a point where informed speculation crosses the line.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Republican Vampire posted:

I think that's kind of his point though. If you know the comics even a little, and you pay attention to Marvel's big press announcements, you're going to suss out that they're about to become a huge deal in the films and on this show, to the point that it's pretty clear that they'll be a major part of Avengers 3.

They're making an Inhumans movie as part of Phase 3. I think that confirms they're going to be a huge part of the future.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
Comics-based speculation ahoy:

If the Inhumans movie is coming out in November 2018, I'm thinking that this map is possibly a hidden Kree Colony for observation and SCIENCE :science: which will allow a big ol' breadcrumb trail for Agents of SHIELD to follow until the Inhumans are revealed in a film. Finding it could be the focus for this season and next season could be about uncovering its secrets and Skye's connection.

Not sure if this tallies up with the homing pigeon stuff though, unless the TAHITI Kree was exposed to the Diviner and was trying to get back to Hala or something via the colony (perhaps the Diviner interacts differently with aliens?), or the Kree was exposed to Terrigen/Xerogen mists and went nuts, and the map is actually Attilan, but I still wouldn't expect Attilan to show up this soon unless it was abandoned or something and the Inhumans come back to it in the MCU, having gone elsewhere.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

greatn posted:

All the GH serum was destroyed or used.
Well, for now. The Marvel universe is just lousy with Kree. If they find even one more body somewhere, they're back in business. Since they appear to be hunting down a potential Kree city somewhere, it doesn't seem unlikely.

BrianWilly posted:

The city's definitely not confirmed to be Attilan yet, but then, I think it's the first solid hint from the show that Skye and the serum probably have to do with the Inhumans as opposed to the...well, the guesswork, speculation, and hopeful straw-grasping that had gone on before.
I'm starting to wonder if the idea of Skye being an Inhuman (or anything weird) is a red herring. The main reasons everyone in-universe assumes she's not quite human are that she had no adverse reaction to the GH.325 serum, and that her Dad (and maybe Mom?) are known to have unusual abilities.

We know three things about the GH.325 serum's compulsion side-effect. First is that it compels the subject to look upon the city in one form or another, and the longer it takes the crazier they get. Second is that glancing at even a reasonably complete representation of the city seems to be enough to break this compulsion completely and restore sanity. Third is that this compulsion doesn't seem to give a poo poo about the conscious mind of the subject.

So if a subject had already seen the city (or a decent 3D map of it) at some point, and that information was somewhere in their mind (even if they don't consciously remember it) then perhaps the GH.325 serum would be immediately safe for them with no side effects.

If so, it's possible that perfectly normal human baby Skye could have been to that city, or seen some very detailed pictures of it. She won't remember it consciously because she was so young, but the impression left in her mind may have been enough to satisfy the GH.325, and the compulsion had no reason to manifest. After all, she was the one person who, for whatever reason, suddenly realized that the drawings/carvings were a map.

"YOU MUST SEE THE CITY WITH YOUR OWN EY- ... oh, you have. All righty then, carry on."

As for her Dad, well there's shitloads of heroes and villains who have stupid powers for other one-off reasons in the Marvel universe, doesn't necessarily mean his was one that could be passed down, or that he even got his power until after she was born. All he's really been shown to have so far is an above-normal level of strength and tendency to freak out and smash stuff, both of which are extremely common in Marvel characters. Hell, there are probably more Marvel characters with super strength and emotional issues than without them.

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Nov 13, 2014

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Republican Vampire posted:

Yeah exactly my point. Taking only what we know from the show, there is a wierd alien thing that they made this stuff from, and the city is something to do with them, so is Skye. That is it.

I'll shut up about it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
That city is clearly Olymipa, home of the Eternals is a massive out of no where surprise.

• Locked thread