Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

I've never played a Little Big Planet game before; do they have good couch co-op? My wife loves playing Spelunky with me because she likes 2-D platforming, so it looks promising.

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Feenix posted:

You can't really give a game a bad review if it's not bad though. That's loving with your own credibility. You can choose not to review it. But if you do review it you need to give it an appropriate score.

Scores are garbage anyway, but sure you can. Films that don't get screened for critics get a mention to be wary of seeing it. Often they get a review off their trailer and no score.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

crackton posted:

These aren't actually real glitches, are they ?
I think no matter how you feel about the games themselves, it's a fact that AssCreed has the best glitches: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pQ_ZozZIio

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

I've never played a Little Big Planet game before; do they have good couch co-op? My wife loves playing Spelunky with me because she likes 2-D platforming, so it looks promising.
Yeah, they're a lot of fun for multiplayer. You get a lot of hilarious moments from doing stuff like using your grappling hook on your partner or smacking them around. Most of the levels have optional sections just for co-op and there's a lot of multiplayer mini-games both in the campaign and user content.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Does Sony have an actual customer support email? I've talked to 4 different people about my system that died, then was sent back to me in the same exact condition, and then sent back with 0 feedback. No one is able to help me apparently and keep adding me to different parts of the support system. The one product service feedback link I used just redirects to the main page. The last time I had a working system was 10/15....

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

SubponticatePoster posted:

I think no matter how you feel about the games themselves, it's a fact that AssCreed has the best glitches: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pQ_ZozZIio

Red Dead Redemption had the best glitches. Unfortunately they patched most of the best ones out. I never got to see a flying man at any point in my playthrough. They even flapped their arms :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTaihZql-74&t=65s

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

echronorian posted:

Scores are garbage anyway, but sure you can. Films that don't get screened for critics get a mention to be wary of seeing it. Often they get a review off their trailer and no score.

Scores are garbage. However if you would assign a zero score to the game because they imposed an embargo, you are chipping away at your credibility with your viewers or readers, because you have now given a score of quality (or lack there of) based on criteria that has nothing to do with the actual content of the game. Whether or not the developer or publisher deserves to be taken to task for their actions is beside the point of giving a game a review. I, for one, would not be able to trust that review site because they were no longer giving scores based on content but instead as a form of punishment.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

J-Spot posted:

Yeah, they're a lot of fun for multiplayer. You get a lot of hilarious moments from doing stuff like using your grappling hook on your partner or smacking them around. Most of the levels have optional sections just for co-op and there's a lot of multiplayer mini-games both in the campaign and user content.

Sounds perfect, thanks!

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Feenix posted:

Scores are garbage. However if you would assign a zero score to the game because they imposed an embargo, you are chipping away at your credibility with your viewers or readers, because you have now given a score of quality (or lack there of) based on criteria that has nothing to do with the actual content of the game.

Nope. You're not, because embargo on your product implies a major lack of confidence and your readers deserve to know it. If games journalism wants legitimacy they need to show their teeth to publishers doing this shady poo poo. The goal should be "you don't want to embargo us. " it's to the benefit of the customer.

Nika
Aug 9, 2013

like i was tanqueray

The Cameo posted:

"Remember me, Joel?! When I replaced your daughter? I sounded -- JUST -- LIKE -- THIS!"

I understood and appreciated this reference.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.
Can anyone quickly list out the top co-op (on the couch) games for PS4 currently out (or out before xmas at least)? Any genre except FPS is fine. Just got the console recently and am looking for some co-op games to buy for xmas to play with my fiancee. There are a lot of lego games which I know she would like, but I'm not sure if any of those are better than others for example.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

Nika posted:

I understood and appreciated this reference.

I did too and it validated my choice to post the image :banjo:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

echronorian posted:

Nope. You're not, because embargo on your product implies a major lack of confidence and your readers deserve to know it. If games journalism wants legitimacy they need to show their teeth to publishers doing this shady poo poo. The goal should be "you don't want to embargo us. " it's to the benefit of the customer.

Yes. You don't want to embargo us. We will ignore you completely.

Not: You don't want to ignore us, we'll make up poo poo about how your game gets a loving 0/10 because of politics.

I wouldn't read that site. Even if I agreed with the WHY of what they were doing.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Towerfall is mainly billed as a competitive game, but the co-op is drat fun too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

echronorian posted:

No gaming site or Youtube channel will do this because it means no more free games a week or two ahead of official release. All of these sites are just doing this for free games and money. Legitimacy has nothing to do with it, and I say this as someone who was in on writing for game sites for four years.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I guess there was a stream of GTA V on PS4 that got shutdown but not before some people made some gifs

:nms::nms:

Tgent
Sep 6, 2011

shmee posted:

Red Dead Redemption had the best glitches. Unfortunately they patched most of the best ones out. I never got to see a flying man at any point in my playthrough. They even flapped their arms :(

As funny as this video is I have to say the most striking thing is how gorgeous RDR looks even several years later. If only we could get a 1080p with solid 30fps rerelease. I guess that's pretty unlikely though.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Assassins Creed: Undead Nightmare confirmed

Good to know we have moved beyond the uncanny valley

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

shmee posted:

I really hope this game eventually gets a sequel. I at least want a GTAV remastered treatment of RDR for the PS4.

ChaoticSeven
Aug 11, 2005

How is the single player only portion of GTA5? Online is out for me, but I'd really like something new to play. Don't want to pick it up and have something barebones or extremely short or boring or whatever.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ChaoticSeven posted:

How is the single player only portion of GTA5? Online is out for me, but I'd really like something new to play. Don't want to pick it up and have something barebones or extremely short or boring or whatever.

I like the storyline a lot, but the side content isn't that fun by yourself and was clearly designed to give you a taste of what online is like. The single player's only real issue is the real long travel times between missions. Generous save points, and the ability to skip to certain parts if you die enough during missions make this a lot less frustrating.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

ChaoticSeven posted:

You also have to remember that most of your time will be spent not playing the story and loving around out running cops and going on sprees.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

ChaoticSeven posted:

Awesome and fun, and there is a huge world for goofing with a really good sense of place. I was in awe the first time I went up to the top of the mountains. It felt... very immersive. Which makes all the wacky poo poo you can do even more impressive to me.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

hmmmmmmmmm....actually not sure how I feel about this.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

hmmmmmmmmm....actually not sure how I feel about this.

Specifically what? You don't have to kill them.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

I think this is what makes Saints Row the better game. The tone of GTA is juvenile angst. The tone of Saints Row is goofy and fun. Its pretty much why every GTA since the 3rd one is just complete garbage while Saints Row is amazingly fun.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just rented asscreed just to look at the funny glitches.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

NESguerilla posted:

Thats what I'm doing. Basically it's the best way. I can sample, and yet not feel bad about being ripped off, and can still laugh heartily at how loving worthless Ubi was in this case.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I would buy SR2 if they announced this weekend that Saints Row 2 was coming out on PS4 the same day as GTA V.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

I think this is what makes Saints Row the better game. The tone of GTA is juvenile angst. The tone of Saints Row is goofy and fun. Its pretty much why every GTA since the 3rd one is just complete garbage while Saints Row is amazingly fun.

GTAV does have some pretty disturbing content in it, including a random encounter that you can come across multiple times where a woman is being raped on the side of the road.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Was rear end Unity made by the same abject failures who created AC3? Because that would make a lot of sense. The next game from the AC4 team should be good.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

NESguerilla posted:

Lol I did the same thing.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the truth posted:

Was rear end Unity made by the same abject failures who created AC3? Because that would make a lot of sense. The next game from the AC4 team should be good.

yes the team went straight from 3 to unity development while another studio concurrently finished 4

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Real hurthling! posted:

yes the team went straight from 3 to unity development while another studio concurrently finished 4

This explains so much.

Namaste
May 5, 2007
good news for people who love bald news

I said come in! posted:

GTAV does have some pretty disturbing content in it, including a random encounter that you can come across multiple times where a woman is being raped on the side of the road.

:stare: What? I played a fuckload of GTA and didn't see this one.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

Namaste posted:

:stare: What? I played a fuckload of GTA and didn't see this one.

There is a random event with some guys trying to abduct a woman, and one of the abductors is naked. I thought Rockstar said this was a mistake though, that it was spawning the wrong character and the naked guy should be clothed?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Real hurthling! posted:

The same team made 1, 3 and Unity, this makes so much sense now.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

shmee posted:

There is a random event with some guys trying to abduct a woman, and one of the abductors is naked. I thought Rockstar said this was a mistake though, that it was spawning the wrong character and the naked guy should be clothed?
They don't seem to be fans of women in general over at Rockstar North, so it being intentional wouldn't surprise me.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

shmee posted:

What it is is the cultists. They are actually trying to abduct her to eat her, but for some reason, some of the cultists are naked so it just looks awkward. It was never intended to be about rape, more about cannibalism, but it still looks questionable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

shmee posted:

If I remember correctly they were supposed to be killing and eating her, not raping her, which is... better?

• Locked thread