Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I would love for them to do Gamer just for their reactions to the fat gross naked guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

weekly font posted:

I guess next week is another Bond unless that hint is a curve ball?

It's Q: The Winged Serpent, obviously.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.
If it's de Lancie there's some great 90s DTV stuff like Arcade and Evolver.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I think this might be the first week in a while that I liked HDTGM more than WHM.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Okay, the "Johnny Mnemonic on Nick Arcade" bit is probably the hardest I've ever laughed at WHM.

"Oh nooo, I forgot to move Mikey!"

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

weekly font posted:

I guess next week is another Bond unless that hint is a curve ball?

I would have sworn it was Die Another Day but then I remembered they already did that :v:

If it is Bond, I'm gonna guess The World Is Not Enough. Pierce Brosnan Bond, Last movie for the original Q and Denise Richards as a nuclear physicist, seems like a safe bet.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Maduo posted:

I would have sworn it was Die Another Day but then I remembered they already did that :v:

If it is Bond, I'm gonna guess The World Is Not Enough. Pierce Brosnan Bond, Last movie for the original Q and Denise Richards as a nuclear physicist, seems like a safe bet.

What if its a John de Lancie movie?

edit: Totally didn't see the previous post suggesting this.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I really hope its a Star Trek Q reference and it'll be one of his many weird lovely movies. The Johnny Mnemonic episode was fine, but I feel like it's a waste to pick really well known movies during the listener request month. I mean Mrs. Doubtfire was good episode too, but come on, give me more Hider in the Houses.

Their recent animation damnation was great.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Maybe it's Quigley Down Under.

I can't remember if that was a good movie or not. Just that Magnum P.I. totally showed the Sheriff of Nottingham what's up.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Really? Have none of you guys heard of Q: The Winged Serpent? I'd recommend finding out about it because it's something that any connoisseur of insane cinema should be aware of, but I'm sure you'll learn all about it on Tuesday.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Nobody thinks it could be John Q?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
What a good flophouse. Too bad about Dan's cold.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Golden Bee posted:

What a good flophouse. Too bad about Dan's cold.

"Is this gonna be the first podcast to have someone die during the episode?"

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

It looks like Andrew Jupin sometimes updates the WHM list on his Letterboxd page after he plans/watches the movies but before the episode. He's got two titles up after Johnny Mnemonic and the next is The Hand That Rocks the Cradle.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Hey, guess who just went to check that Letterboxd page to see what the last movie of the request month would be?

On a related note, hey, guess who just spent five minutes running in a circle and screaming?

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

DoombatINC posted:

Hey, guess who just went to check that Letterboxd page to see what the last movie of the request month would be?

On a related note, hey, guess who just spent five minutes running in a circle and screaming?

I just looked it up. What is so special about that movie?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

BigRed0427 posted:

I just looked it up. What is so special about that movie?

I requested it :xd:

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Ror posted:

It looks like Andrew Jupin sometimes updates the WHM list on his Letterboxd page after he plans/watches the movies but before the episode. He's got two titles up after Johnny Mnemonic and the next is The Hand That Rocks the Cradle.

Of course they went for the John de Lancie reference, silly me. Oh well, I re-listened to the Die Another Day episode and they go on about The World Is Not Enough for a good 5 minutes in there. It's day will come.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Just caught up on HDTGM and, man, the Rhinestone episode is great. All the HDTGM live episodes are instant classics.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

LesterGroans posted:

Just caught up on HDTGM and, man, the Rhinestone episode is great. All the HDTGM live episodes are instant classics.

Agreed. They seem so much more on top of their game in the live episodes.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Having an audience to play off of can be a huge boon for a comedian, and the energy that HDTGM crowds tend to bring is certainly infectious.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Yeah, I find myself enjoying the live HDTGM episodes a lot more. They do a lot better with an audience to work off of.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

LesterGroans posted:

Speaking of which:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNPPf4RbQeg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGGF_-b9ZW4

Yeah, its just like My Fair Lady

if they had let Audrey Hepburn do her own singing.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
When Stallone tries to affect a southern accent he sounds like Trey Parker.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

There is not a :catstare: big enough for this.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

DoombatINC posted:

Good for you! It's an excellent pick!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Why is Stallone so angry? It's like he's being forced to do this while his wife and child are held at gun point.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

We did an Alcohollywood on Rhinestone a year or two back, and we had an awesome video transcribing subtitles for the final duet Stallone and Parton do at the end of the film. Stupid copyright stuff made us take it down, even on Vimeo.

*pterodactyl sound*

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Gyges posted:

Why is Stallone so angry? It's like he's being forced to do this while his wife and child are held at gun point.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the outfit.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Random Stranger posted:

Good for you! It's an excellent pick!

Thanks! I downloaded the latest episode and skipped to the very end to make absolutely sure, and the hint was "Tim Matheson" so now I'm vibrating with excitement again!

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Just make sure you don't tell us what it actually is!

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Tomahawk posted:

Just make sure you don't tell us what it actually is!

I want you to guess, silly :rolleyes:

Buried Alive, a thriller from 1990 made for the USA Network

I don't want to spoil too much since it's a proper doozy, but I will say, a house becomes the territory of a hider :ssh:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Oh man, I love WHM, they're great...but I'd kinda love it if Jingle All The Way somehow destroyed the podcast.

Here Lies WHM, killed by Larry the Cable Guy.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Jingle All The Way 2 podcast is just an hour of defeated sighing.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Will Steve owe everybody a dollar?

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
When they announced that they were making history by doing a Jingle All The Way sequel starring Larry the Cable guy, I thought the WHM first would be the first time they just made up a movie because I couldn't believe that Jingle All The Way 2 actually exists.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I was kind of hoping for A Christmas Story 2

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

WHM preemptively jumping into the Worst of 2014. I like it.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...
Just listened to the WHM's episode on Johnny Mnemonic. I had forgotten just how stupid and strange that movie was: Henry Rollins as the street medic bursting into a rant about overuse of computers, Dina Meyer as an unconvincing bodyguard, Dolph Lundgren as a weird bounty hunter out of nowhere, Ice T as the leader of rebel underground (which may have started the SF trend of future rebel movements being led by shouty black dudes snarling speeches into a microphone). It's an unholy mess and I shudder to think what they would have done with Neuromancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

weekly font posted:

WHM preemptively jumping into the Worst of 2014. I like it.

It's not even out yet? Holy poo poo.