Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
yeah, he's a piece of poo poo.

also the lost is surprisingly not as tedious as i thought he'd be. Flying plus decent speed makes him a weaker ranged azazel and i sorta dig it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
In a challenge, if I skip getting the trophy and jump into Sheol what happens? If I die will I not get the challenge completed? or if I beat it?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Full Battle Rattle posted:

I swear to god I think ??? runs are gimped in some other way other than the no-health thing. I just have consistently terrible runs with him.

It's the inability to have permanent health. Getting more red heart containers is hard, but refilling them is incredibly easy as red hearts are a relatively common spawn so taking a point or two of damage is not very punishing on any other character (not counting the Lost) if they're taking red heart damage. ??? cannot gain red heart containers so each and every point of HP is temporary. Later on when there's more and more ways to generate soul/sin hearts this isn't as bad, but the early areas are potentially very punishing unless you somehow end up with a floor 1/2 Bum Friend.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Tipme posted:

In a challenge, if I skip getting the trophy and jump into Sheol what happens? If I die will I not get the challenge completed? or if I beat it?

If you beat Satan or Isaac, the Trophy appears again or so I think. I believe i accidentally skipped the trophy once with a shovel and got it after I beat Satan.

CaptainWinky
Jun 13, 2001

SuicideSnowman posted:

Everything in the game is RNG. I thought the Suicide King challenge was hard and then watched somebody get Brimstone on the 2nd floor and cruise through to the end.

Suicide King is quite doable without Brimstone. It would have been a lot harder in the original but Ipecac has been changed to hit things more easily. I did it on my second try. During that run I saw an item I didn't recognize, picked it up, then discovered it was Mom's Eye (the one that makes you occasionally shoot a second shot backwards). I said "oh god drat it" IRL but I was still able to finish the run, though it was a close one.

RatHat posted:

Finally managed to beat the Family man due to getting the Demon beggar familiar and the Pinking Shears. Those two items took care of my defense and offense. Also did the Glass Cannon challenge right afterwards, and man is it easy.

So I only have a few challenges left, and I'm wondering if there's anything you unlock for completing them all besides an achievement? I kinda want to leave Suicide King incomplete so I don't add the useless item it unlocks to my item pool.

The Suicide King isn't totally useless. It's highly situational but if you have, say, 9 Lives and no extra hearts it could be worth popping Suicide King just to get some consumables.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Since Azazel is easy to go quick with I am just trying to use that character to slam into the RNG repeatedly. Got 3 balls of bandages without book of revelations. I really, really hope I find Death and win the last coinflip.

edit: Nope, Lokii. Ugh.

Nep-Nep fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Nov 13, 2014

Quinctia
Jul 17, 2006

Disasterrific.

Davincie posted:

Can anyone give me a completely op run for judas, im really sick of trying for the lost only to end up getting various beans 3 floors in a row

2XMV K86X

Holy Mantle either first or second treasure room. Which let me get every single curse room. And a good amount of HP, so I took every single devil deal. By the end, I was Guppy, had Krampus's Head, was holding Cancer and Mom's Pearl, and I took an Emperor card to the end of the Dark Room and killed the Lamb and got Dark Boy.

I should've saved the seed for the run before, I'd gotten Polyphemus and Quad Shot by the Caves I, but I died stupidly.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So what item makes it so you get healed if Mom steps on you? I went in with half a heart into a Mom fight expecting to die fast but letting her step on me slowly got me back to max health :stare:

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I was super pissed about picking up Soy Milk, but after the boss I got 20/20, and the scythes from the Devil room. I barely made it in time to get the Boss Rush, and friggin' liquidated everyone :black101:

First time at the Chest and I got both 99 Bombs and Tear Bombs. No problem whatsoever.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So what item makes it so you get healed if Mom steps on you? I went in with half a heart into a Mom fight expecting to die fast but letting her step on me slowly got me back to max health :stare:

I think it's called Pyromaniac or something? It makes explosions of any kind heal you. The reason it happens is because Mom's foot has an AOE effect that is caused by the game spawning a bomb behind the foot that explodes when it hits the ground, same as in the original.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Number 1 + Protoposis + Midas Touch.

"I'm sorry, am I getting in your personal space?" :smug:

octobernight
Nov 25, 2004
High Priest of the Christian-Atheist Church
So I found a card mimic early on my Maggie run and it's easily the most overpowered item in the entire game. I found a hierophant card on the next floor and basically had 2 soul hearts every 4 rooms. On the Depths 2, I found a wheel of fortune card and held onto it to use as a free chest. That was, until I spawned a Fortune Teller machine. It ended up dropping a Jera rune and the rest was history. One key thing I found out was that chests that are duplicated by the Jera rune will always drop the same set of things...so if it drops an item, all duplicated chests will also drop an item.

On Sheol I found a battery which turned into hundreds of batteries. I also found a golden chest, duplicated it, and opened it to find an item. I then proceeded to duplicate ~16 chests before I accidentally opened all of them without leaving one to duplicate. It was probably for the best because if you duplicate too many things, every time you open a chest, you'll and up crashing even if its many levels later. I was able to find another chest with items in it in the Dark Room and get 16 more items before demolishing the Lamb and Mega-Satan.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Alkydere posted:

It's the inability to have permanent health. Getting more red heart containers is hard, but refilling them is incredibly easy as red hearts are a relatively common spawn so taking a point or two of damage is not very punishing on any other character (not counting the Lost) if they're taking red heart damage. ??? cannot gain red heart containers so each and every point of HP is temporary. Later on when there's more and more ways to generate soul/sin hearts this isn't as bad, but the early areas are potentially very punishing unless you somehow end up with a floor 1/2 Bum Friend.

Yes, that Is why I specifically said I think he's gimped in some other way - because his main handicap is extremely obvious. Low starting luck, maybe?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

13/f/cali posted:

Since Azazel is easy to go quick with I am just trying to use that character to slam into the RNG repeatedly. Got 3 balls of bandages without book of revelations. I really, really hope I find Death and win the last coinflip.

edit: Nope, Lokii. Ugh.

What are you shooting for exactly? The Super Meat Boy and Bandage Girl achievements only require 3 cubes/balls, not all 4. The 4th only makes it stronger, the 3rd is when they sprout legs and go own.

I got the Bandage Girl one like this just hours ago.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Man this game is weird, how is Slow Roll even a challenge?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Yes, that Is why I specifically said I think he's gimped in some other way - because his main handicap is extremely obvious. Low starting luck, maybe?

Ah. I just thought you were understating how damaging his handicap is. Though I wouldn't be surprised if ??? did have lower luck.

Anyways, pee-scythes? Fun and hilarious as you release a torrent of golden bling scythes.

IPECAC-scythes? BAD IDEA.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

I was perusing the wiki, and saw that Abaddon looked like a rad-rear end item. I decided to unlock it, just found it... the wiki neglected to mention that it turns all of your heart containers into black hearts. Ugh, run pretty much ruined. Oh well, live and learn.

It still is a pretty rad-rear end item if you come across it as ???. I ended up gaining like 6 black hearts from it somehow.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Crotch Bat posted:

What are you shooting for exactly? The Super Meat Boy and Bandage Girl achievements only require 3 cubes/balls, not all 4. The 4th only makes it stronger, the 3rd is when they sprout legs and go own.

I got the Bandage Girl one like this just hours ago.

Wait, really? It didn't unlock the secret when I got the third.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

wyoming posted:

Because it's a pain in the rear end to destroy poop/fires.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Prop Wash posted:

It still is a pretty rad-rear end item if you come across it as ???. I ended up gaining like 6 black hearts from it somehow.
I grabbed Abaddon when it cost 2 hearts, and I only had two, and still got like 6 sin hearts. So I think it just gives you that much which is loving rad

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Bug I haven't seen anyone mention:

My Eve run got ruined when after beating Monstro II, I could no longer see shots or items. Monsters were still visible, but not their shots :(

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

wyoming posted:

It's not. It pretty much exists as an OP thing you can always go back to after your run gets ruined by a brimstone wallspider.

Speaking of which, there's a lot of new enemies that I really hate. I don't mean that I necessarily think they're badly designed, but there's definitely a lot of guys who are "THAT FUCKER". Brimstone Spiders, the walking version of those turrets, the spiders that run away from at mach 5 and spawn more spiders, any burrowing enemy ever, those weird things that are like that mole thing in a weird growth that spawn in the womb and take forever to pop out of their shell...

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

My least favorite enemy in the entire game is that stupid mole thing that doesn't shoot at you until you're right up next to it. gently caress those guys.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Fuckin' here we go again with this poo poo.

Got Golden God on the PS4 version and the trophy didn't pop. :mad: I guess at the very least I'm not unlocking Cain items as Eve this time around, but come on!

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
God gently caress The Adversary. Honestly my most hated boss at this point. Between the homing Brimstone and THE SPIDER SPAM. gently caress SPIDERS. SO MUCH.

E: It cannot be overstated how loving stupid Spiders are as an enemy. Especially the big ones that can leap across the loving room at you in half a second.

Magres fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Nov 13, 2014

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I somehow got an Eden run where I have a max damage brimstone and guppy flies. I just got to the boss rush and cleared it in a minute. I was literally one shotting everything while my flies killed the stuff I didn't hit.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

ArfJason posted:

just lost a completely bonkers Lost run with whore of babylon, the mark and lil brimstone to super peep (the one with loving instabrimstone). it was to one of his eyes though

I hate that piece of poo poo, it's the worst boss.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Jesus this was absurd. I was guppy on floor 2, and things just spiraled from there. Azrael really is the easy mode character, huh?

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
Monstro's Lung and Spoon Bender don't combo as well as you'd hope. The shots do kinda home in a little, but it's not the Magic Missile Barrage I was hoping for.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Internet Kraken posted:

I somehow got an Eden run where I have a max damage brimstone and guppy flies. I just got to the boss rush and cleared it in a minute. I was literally one shotting everything while my flies killed the stuff I didn't hit.

Update: I got to the Dark Room with this run and still nearly died because I had no defensive upgrades. That place is ridiculously brutal. The Lamb isn't very hard compared to the painful road you traverse to reach him.

Grapplejack posted:

I hate that piece of poo poo, it's the worst boss.

I found him to be a lot easier once I realized he fires a smaller brimstone beam from his eyes. You can hit him from the side while he spams that blast over and over without being hit. There's one Womb layout that puts rocks on his sides though so you pretty much have to stand in front of him, which is just a death zone. Its garbage.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Wow, Monstro's Lung with shielded tears makes for some ridiculously easy bullet hell bosses.

CaptainWinky
Jun 13, 2001

The Lord of Hats posted:

It's not. It pretty much exists as an OP thing you can always go back to after your run gets ruined by a brimstone wallspider.

Speaking of which, there's a lot of new enemies that I really hate. I don't mean that I necessarily think they're badly designed, but there's definitely a lot of guys who are "THAT FUCKER". Brimstone Spiders, the walking version of those turrets, the spiders that run away from at mach 5 and spawn more spiders, any burrowing enemy ever, those weird things that are like that mole thing in a weird growth that spawn in the womb and take forever to pop out of their shell...
I dislike the sheer amount of "whack-a-mole" enemies. The burrowing enemies and the teleporting ghosts seem more likely to appear right next to you than in the original game. Perhaps my most hated enemy is the walking Host (pop-up skull guy) simply because it waits so long to pop up compared to the regular Hosts.

Internet Kraken posted:

I found him to be a lot easier once I realized he fires a smaller brimstone beam from his eyes. You can hit him from the side while he spams that blast over and over without being hit. There's one Womb layout that puts rocks on his sides though so you pretty much have to stand in front of him, which is just a death zone. Its garbage.

The Bloat can't shoot brimstone upwards so I usually just stand above/behind him and shoot, dodging his occasional bullet sprays. If he jumps to the top of the screen so I can't stand behind him then I just move downwards and wait for him to move again.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

CaptainWinky posted:

Perhaps my most hated enemy is the walking Host (pop-up skull guy) simply because it waits so long to pop up compared to the regular Hosts.

I hate that there are several room designs that involve turrets firing at you while you try to kill these fuckers.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

CaptainWinky posted:

I dislike the sheer amount of "whack-a-mole" enemies. The burrowing enemies and the teleporting ghosts seem more likely to appear right next to you than in the original game. Perhaps my most hated enemy is the walking Host (pop-up skull guy) simply because it waits so long to pop up compared to the regular Hosts.

Part of the problem with walking Hosts is that they won't pop up if you're right next to them and they also won't pop up if you're too far for them to hit. Forces you to constantly dance around 'em if you want to actually hit.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
So, Suicide King is easy when you get a 6-died room and re-roll that poo poo into flying and Technology 2.

Although if it makes anyone feel better that re-roll came with a Cursed Eye and I essentially fought Isaac twice because I got hit when he had like 2% hp and loving teleported.

13/f/cali posted:

Wait, really? It didn't unlock the secret when I got the third.

As far as I know all of the transformations(Mom, LotF, Guppy, SMB, BG) all just require 3 of whatever item.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Brother Entropy posted:

Part of the problem with walking Hosts is that they won't pop up if you're right next to them and they also won't pop up if you're too far for them to hit. Forces you to constantly dance around 'em if you want to actually hit.

i kinda wish that all of them were the red variety at the very least so that they can be hit at all times. i guess it would ruin the point of having the walking versions, though. not that i would mind that a bit???

i thought the normal hosts were fine enough enemies as-is, to be honest.

Runcible Spoon
Sep 20, 2012
Lesson learned: if you have a ??? that is going fantastic, the best way to see it all go to poo poo within one level is to grab Doctor loving Fetus after the 3 Dollar Bill. The quadshot bombs absolutely destroyed me from bouncing everywhere, and my seven soul hearts got decimated in the space of Caves 2.

Time to go for that lucky number -7 on my win streak counter! :suicide:

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I'm trying to get The Lost unlocked, and I have that seed for Judas mentioned earlier, but is there a seed for isaac where there will always be a room with a mulliboom I can easily die to?

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
My first successful Blue Baby run was a fun trip, using Undefined to pop around the secret rooms and occasionally skip bosses via I AM ERROR. I visited the Cathedral and took down Isaac for the first time. It was a pretty near thing, too, hard fought with only Blood Clot, Tough Love, and Cancer (trinket) boosting my shots. I traded Pulse Worm for Cancer; the pulsing bullets are actually pretty good, probably the best of the worm trinkets.

I'm having an easier time with both Leapers and Knights in Rebirth than I did in vanilla. The skeleton dudes and brimstone wall-spiders can eat a dick, though. And the disappearing demon-gapers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Chriiiiiiiiist my first run on the lost, beat Mom, ran into red poop and died on Womb 1 :smith: