Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Dont do drugs kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Lol you fags got one of the two CoD:AW threads gone MIA

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Anyone else get booted on PS4 with the "Error: The Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare service is not available at this time. Please try again later." message?

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

human being here needing players on bone gt is username

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

The Berzerker posted:

Anyone else get booted on PS4 with the "Error: The Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare service is not available at this time. Please try again later." message?

This game seems to be down on XBone too but can't tell if it's XBL breaking because of Halo Master Chef or CodAW being broken. Maybe a bit of both?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
^^^ I got booted from a game earlier with an error (iirc?) 4192: too many assets. Or something like that. No idea.. Worked fine the next try!

Fibby Boy posted:

I feel like the S-12 should be at the top of the balancing charts. Thing is incredibly bad. Even by cod shotgun standards.
Are you sure we're talking about the same gun? Because I unlocked most of the attachments in a handful of matches. Can't hit the broad side of a loving barn with the Tac-19 however.. :D

zen death robot posted:

Why do Games posters insist on separate but equal PC and Console threads for popular games?
Because PC players post pages and pages about their memory and graphics cards and driver tweaks and mods, and console players just kill poo poo with no skill, and harass each other.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
These last couple of pages are what I missed about cod.

:allears:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Any word on if the map exploits are gonna be fixed in a patch? Tired of people getting on top of the map on Retreat.

Edit: For reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeR0Rmm3DcM

Edit: Better video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GidH61gemzI

Bumper Stickup fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Nov 13, 2014

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I was pretty proud earlier, some kids in a big clan party started hollering abuse at the end of a match my random team lost, about how we were all in a clan and campers (one dude was actually named "master camper420" or something) so the next match I rallied all the pubbies into hiding in the mines and actually camping for real, went 75-40 ftw. If you accuse me of camping I'ma own that poo poo. :laugh:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Did not think I'd be getting more kills after turning up my sensitivity to 5, but here we are!

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Fibby Boy posted:

Any word on if the map exploits are gonna be fixed in a patch? Tired of people getting on top of the map on Retreat.

Edit: For reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeR0Rmm3DcM

Edit: Better video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GidH61gemzI

Holy poo poo that second video is annoying. I also have not seen anyone do this poo poo yet.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

zen death robot posted:

I've never seen anyone do this, it's usually too hectic for anyone to have time to gently caress around with trying to get on top of a map like that. I haven't noticed a patch get pushed out though.

On 360 FFA it is really really common on Retreat. Hell I actually played a game through and someone asked to show him how to do it.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Did not think I'd be getting more kills after turning up my sensitivity to 5, but here we are!
I've always had a learning curve with sensitivity in games I'm rusty on. I've bumped up to 6 now and feel pretty :smugdog: about it.

The burst-fire pistol is an utter atrocity. I just unlocked akimbo for it and never want to use them ever loving again. The automatic pistol seems pretty legit though, but I think the initial semi-auto pistol might be the best akimbo pistols if you're playing against a team that knows how to aim and shoot at the same time.

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

zen death robot posted:

Why do Games posters insist on separate but equal PC and Console threads for popular games?

Because PC players inevitably will have hardware/software issues and will get drowned out by console players when they ask for help. Plus they might want to know if a port is especially half-assed, even if the game gets a good reception on whatever consoles.

To me it's less about OMG I HATE PC SPECS and more about people paying $60 for a shiny new crash-to-desktop simulator and not being able to find fixes or people to play with.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

coyo7e posted:

I've always had a learning curve with sensitivity in games I'm rusty on. I've bumped up to 6 now and feel pretty :smugdog: about it.
I've always had my sensitivity set much lower than this in CoD games, since like the Modern Warfare games, but I thought I'd try this out to see if it made that much of a difference. Turns out it definitely does! :haw:

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

zen death robot posted:

I've never seen anyone do this, it's usually too hectic for anyone to have time to gently caress around with trying to get on top of a map like that. I haven't noticed a patch get pushed out though.
On that one map with the jet plane in the hangar, it's REALLY common in SnD games to find someone who's glitched behind a wall near the "control room". I gave up on playing SnD in large part because I kept joining matches midgame, where the bomb was sitting on the floor in front of two people hiding behind that glass wall you can't shoot through, ganking everyone. It seems like every time I join a SnD game I come in on the losing side where the rest of my team has ragequit, and there's a couple people just pincering the bomb next to a wall-hacker. Obnoxious as poo poo. There's also a spot across from the wall-hack glass door, that can be wall-hacked as well - if you see the kill-cam half their screen is graphical glitch garbage colors because they're inside of a polygon.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Yeah the out of map poo poo isn't super prevalent yet because the game just came out. If it doesn't get fixed then it'll be loving everywhere in a month.

On an unrelated note, gently caress the S-12. Finally got all three double kill medals with that thing.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

zen death robot posted:

Huh, we've been mostly playing Kill Confirmed which probably discourages that sort of thing since it doesn't do you much good to rack up kills if you can't get the dog tags.

The majority of pubbies don't even pick up the tags now. I don't think that's much of a factor. They probably just don't know how to do it yet, as well as what you said, the game's a bit hectic to try to get in to those spots. More so than previous iterations.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

zen death robot posted:

Actually you idiots are posting more about that poo poo than anyone else so far

Number of console players who have posted their performance specs: <1
Number of pc players who have posted their performance specs: >0

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

zen death robot posted:

Stop trolling numbnuts, you're really bad at it.

Considering you are answering my posts, I'm happy with the job I'm doing.

Poistiant
Aug 22, 2006

zen death robot posted:

Are you lonely? ;-*

I am but that is because I play on 360.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

zen death robot posted:

Are you lonely? ;-*

Actually I'm sitting at a bar with Yamacruiser because we won 10$ at trivia night and got us a couple free shots.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

Poistiant posted:

I am but that is because I play on poorbox.

Poistiant
Aug 22, 2006

Rude.

Yamacruiser
Sep 28, 2011

I am the one who knocks!

Quabzor posted:

Actually I'm sitting at a bar with Yamacruiser because we won 10$ at trivia night and got us a couple free shots.

What have you done with your life lately?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
It's as good a place to brag as any other.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

zen death robot posted:

You're at a bar, but you're posting on the forums? Jesus Christ.

Yo I'm sitting at a bar with literally 11 people including staff. 9 of whom I know by name almost excuse from being at this bar. Most of us are on our phones.

Yamacruiser: you should know, we live 100 yards away and I am literally touching you right now.

e: the rest of your take this as you will

Quabzor fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Nov 13, 2014

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

You know what you can't do at bars? Play Call of Duty.

Unless you're doing Remote Play through a PS Vita or some poo poo.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

You know what you can't do at bars? Play Call of Duty.

Unless you're doing Remote Play through a PS Vita or some poo poo.

I did make a lovely "go on" frog. Close enough for me considering I'll be home in a half hour playing cod.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...
Is it sad reading the thread today has been more enjoyable than actually playing? :allears:

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Kizurue posted:

Is it sad reading the thread today has been more enjoyable than actually playing? :allears:

Back in the day, that was the case all the time. I'm hoping my wife goes to sleep soon so I can start playing.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

Smelly posted:

Back in the day, that was the case all the time. I'm hoping my wife goes to sleep soon so I can start playing.

,and now we wait for the mods to show up.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

I tried using a paladin on Comeback and couldn't see a drat thing.

I was impotent in my rage. And then after in bed.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
I like most of the maps for Domination. Sure, they're all B point clusterfucks but they're FUN clusterfucks. I think Detroit and Instinct are my favorites right now. And I hated Instinct the first couple times I played it.

EDIT

To elaborate, most of the maps have a good mix of open space and cramped areas but those two feel like they have the best mix. Since I'm running with the Bulldog right now, I appreciate those spots that make you get up close and personal. :whatup:

Static Rook fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Nov 13, 2014

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Static Rook posted:

I like most of the maps for Domination. Sure, they're all B point clusterfucks but they're FUN clusterfucks. I think Detroit and Instinct are my favorites right now. And I hated Instinct the first couple times I played it.

I was shocked B on instinct wasn't located inside the ruins so that it could be a complete loving massacre at all times.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Christ, the Pytaek don't gently caress around. I just got my first triple kill yet with that loving thing.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Christ, the Pytaek don't gently caress around. I just got my first triple kill yet with that loving thing.

I've seen a few people running around with this, but only on KC. Is it actually any good? The only game I used LMG's on for more than about 24 seconds is Ghosts.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dalai Trauma posted:

I've seen a few people running around with this, but only on KC. Is it actually any good? The only game I used LMG's on for more than about 24 seconds is Ghosts.
It's gotten me a bunch more kills than the pair of Wolfenstein LMGs has so far. I'm still exclusively playing Ground War, so TDM, KC and Dom.

I'm not usually an LMG fan either but I tried this one out and it was working better than I thought.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Dalai Trauma posted:

It's got a fun mechanic that gives it basically zero recoil after the first dozen or so shots, and it doesn't matter if you fire them from the hip or transition to ADS. It's great to strafe people with from the hip while boost-dodging, then ADS in when the recoil stabilises.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

It's gotten me a bunch more kills than the pair of Wolfenstein LMGs has so far. I'm still exclusively playing Ground War, so TDM, KC and Dom.

I'm not usually an LMG fan either but I tried this one out and it was working better than I thought.

The only thing I couldn't deal with is mobility. Even using a non-AK assault rifle makes me feel slow. It could be fun to grab one, put 4 scorestreaks on and camp it up for some angry kill mics though...

• Locked thread