Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

GNU Order posted:

:siren:Match 18:siren:
Now in glorious 1080p60

Fairly Elected (GNU Order, Necromantic) vs Happy Fun Rainbow Squad (Antlerhill, Dark Elf)

you're both wrong. jump up is an agility +2 roll. 3 agility need a 2+ to jump up block.

e: gently caress you're both still wrong. Yes Rainy Weather affects pick ups. It affects all ball possession attempts.

Jade Star fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Nov 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

Jade Star posted:

If I remember the written rule book right, certain teams can break the 11 man rule every time. By 'certain teams' I mean teams with Titchy players. They're too small for the ref to get a good count on and every drive they get a d3 die roll for extra titchy players. This does not happen in Cyanide.

That's how it used to work. In LRB5/CRP titchy players get a +1 to their dodge rolls, don't count as a player for the purposes of penalizing other players' dodge rolls (although they still have tacklezones and trigger dodge rolls), and all teams are now capped at 11 players on the field short of The Cards.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Jade Star posted:

you're both wrong. jump up is an agility +2 roll. 3 agility need a 2+ to jump up block.

e: gently caress you're both still wrong. Yes Rainy Weather affects pick ups. It affects all ball possession attempts.

Listen I don't have time to "know" the "rules" like some kinda "nerd". Too busy killin' it over here

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Your first half reminds me a lot of some of the bad luck games I get when I stream. I always say "You can't win a game if you lose a player off the pitch every turn." and 6 cas(1apo'd so 5 off the field) in the first half just about guarantees a victory unless your opponent has a deep deep roster, like 15 or 16.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
I'm hoping that with all the Zombie Cas being thrown around that we'll see a number of our groaning shufflers level up.

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

Rorahusky posted:

I'm hoping that with all the Zombie Cas being thrown around that we'll see a number of our groaning shufflers level up.

Is the goon hivemind in the "linemen deserve no skills" school of thought, or are they in the "linemen are great picks for supplemental skills like tackle and fend" school? I like giving linemen skills, but zombies are seriously rear end with their 4 MA and I wouldn't really want to skill them up beyond maybe block.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Olesh posted:

Is the goon hivemind in the "linemen deserve no skills" school of thought, or are they in the "linemen are great picks for supplemental skills like tackle and fend" school? I like giving linemen skills, but zombies are seriously rear end with their 4 MA and I wouldn't really want to skill them up beyond maybe block.

I have a block/fend zombie that is a total bastard as a cage corner. Don't underestimate well-skilled zombies.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Depends on race. Elves you want all to have blodge at the very least. Fodder linos can do their job of standing around being annoying without skills just fine.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Olesh posted:

Tackle zombies are the best.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

Olesh posted:

My thoughts is that in general (and this goes for Zombies too) linos are ok to get 1-2 skills to make them more consistent or useful without inflating TV too much (i.e. block or wrestle / tackle / kick / guard on doubles), but once they get beyond that point, they start being more costly than they are worth.

As example with zombies who are purely made to be punched, block is good because it means they are better at taking punches, and gives them more ability to punch the opponent as well. If I had a zombie with block get a 2nd normal roll, it would probably be tackle or fired depending on where my team was at, but a 3rd normal skill-up would definitely be a firing.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
It really depends on the team, though even teams with good linemen who can do things like dark elves probably don't want their linos soaking up enough SPP to actually have three skills.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
zombies and skeletons on my teams get two skills, if one isn't guard they get fired.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Corte posted:

I was thinking it would be an interesting event to have, too many players on the field. I guess it would be too broken to implement though, maybe just for gimmick teams?

The rules have options for cards at inducements. One of the suits is the trick play deck. It includes things like Flea Flicker (allows two passes in a turn), Blatant Foul (guaranteed armour break), and Illegal Substitution (extra player for the drive).

Fumbbl has just implemented this deck in their beta client, but since Cyanide is so poo poo they just pretended cards didn't exist.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Blackmage Yapo posted:

The rules have options for cards at inducements. One of the suits is the trick play deck. It includes things like Flea Flicker (allows two passes in a turn), Blatant Foul (guaranteed armour break), and Illegal Substitution (extra player for the drive).

Fumbbl has just implemented this deck in their beta client, but since Cyanide is so poo poo they just pretended cards didn't exist.

Goddamn Cyanide can't get anything right, why the hell did Games Workshop allow them to make a sequel?

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Corte posted:

Goddamn Cyanide can't get anything right, why the hell did Games Workshop allow them to make a sequel?

Because people still buy the game.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

Corte posted:

:10bux:

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Corte posted:

The Cholo Lean.

namad
Nov 7, 2013

Corte posted:

Games Workshop probably figured they didn't have a choice? Either agree and get paid, or disagree and cyanide makes an even WORSE sequel that attempts to remove the games workshop specific words and designs?

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

:siren:Second Half:siren:
Still in glorious 1080p60

Fairly Elected (GNU Order, Necromantic) vs Happy Fun Rainbow Squad (Antlerhill, Dark Elf)

HEY I KNOW ALL THAT TEXT BELOW IS ENTICING BUT WATCH THE MATCH FIRST, OK?

Voting for this game is a bit interesting so stick with me here, let's get through the easy ones first.

What skill should we give Beefslab (Flolem, Block, Normals)?
What skill should we give El Hijo (Ghoul, Skill-less, Normals)?

And now the interesting one. Currently the team has 15 players, all active. Based on your voting trends, I'm going to assume we only want 13 players on the roster. So, we need to cut two zombs.

Which two zombies do we cut from the team?
You get two votes, you can't vote for the same zomb twice. If you only vote for one zomb you only get one vote, so no doubling down on a guy you really don't want to keep

And now let's meet our eligible bachelors!

Behind Door Number 1 - Johnny Rotten
Strength(s) - OG (been here since team creation), Only has 2 SPP (proven he's good at not stealing SPP from better players)
Weakness(es) - Only has 2 SPP (bad at getting levels if zombie leveling is your thing)

Behind Door Number 2 - Bonecruncher McGraw
Strength(s) - OG, Fouling Master, Has A Level, Could possibly actually be "Macho Man" Randy Savage
Weakness(es) - Has a level towards a skill I hardly ever use

Behind Door Number 3 - Mykill Jackson
Strength(s) - Fresh Hire (New Blood, you all named him), Proven to be bad at getting SPP's
Weakness(es) - Fresh Hire (eh gently caress him who cares he hasn't been around that long)

Behind Door Number 4 - Graverobbin Williams
Strength(s) - Fresh Hire, Kickmans, Has A Level
Weakness(es) - Fresh Hire, Has A Level which doesn't get to see much use the way I prefer to set up defensively

Behind Door Number 5 - Pelvis Costello
Strength(s) - OG, My Favorite Zombie, Has A Level, 2SPP from another level
Weakness(es) - Niggled, Has A Level, Niggled (he may be my favorite but this is kind of a big deal)

Behind Door Number 6 - Clifford Olson Twins
Strength(s) - Trophy Kill (the shambling mass of a recently killed Beastman), 0SPP
Weakness(es) - New to the team, still has his slave name from when he was alive

Behind Door Number 7 - Navy Blue
Strength(s) - The Freshest Trophy Kill, 0SPP
Weakness(es) - Newest to the team, ditto to slave name

Makes sense? If not whatever just pick the two zombies you hate the most or don't vote or whatever, you're all a smart bunch I believe in you.

Seven Deadly Sins
Apr 5, 2009

I stole something that would make me fabulously wealthy...

But I eated it.

We recovered from our recovery game in absolute style. This is the kind of game that a bashy team loves to see. When you get those crucial casualties early on, a bashy team can really turn up the heat, and that's exactly what happened. The bonus player was just the icing, but really, once we had the ability to double-cover all his players and still threaten the ball, there was nothing left.

Beefslab gets a standard Strength singles level, which means Guard for more effective team support and utility, or Mighty Blow to punch a bitch and accelerate level 4.

El Hijo gets a first level, so it's time for him to pick between Wrestle (effectively putting blockers on the ground, great for threatening the ball with 6 move) and Block (more reliable, better offense and defense).

As for the Zombies, we should fire Pelvis Costello and Navy Blue. As much as I love Pelvis Costello, he's a Zombie with Wrestle (bloat) and a Niggling Injury (a liability to field). He's a 60k player we'd rather bench and field a more reliable zombie for, and that's not great. We also really, really don't want a level 3 zombie with a Niggle, because that's just an 80k (minimum) bad player that can get booted off the field at a moment's notice. Navy Blue just gets the boot because his name isn't as cool as Clifford Olsen Twins'.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

namad posted:

Games Workshop probably figured they didn't have a choice? Either agree and get paid, or disagree and cyanide makes an even WORSE sequel that attempts to remove the games workshop specific words and designs?

GW doesn't care about BB. For one team you might need at most 20 minis (if you get all possible star players) and there really aren't going to be major changes to the figures from edition to edition.

And there's already been a worse version of Blood Bowl by Cyanide, it was Chaos League. Cyanide actually proposed a BB game to GW, who weren't interested. So Cyanide made Chaos League, and GW took them to court over it. Somehow the settlement between GW and Cyanide included Cyanide being able to create a Blood Bowl game. One of the "features" of Chaos League was a real time, which is awful.

tl;dr GW doesn't care as long as they get their payday.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Games Workshop pulled everything related to Blood Bowl from their site (including rules, physical copies of the LRB, and minis) if that gives you any indication of how much they care about supporting the franchise

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Let's get rid of Mykill Jackson and Navy Blue.

As for skills, give Guard to Beefslab so he can keep being a beef slab. I just think of him as an enormous fresh T-bone steak on legs wearing football pads and standing firm. El Hijo gets Block so we can see more hilarious massacres like this game.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Drop Navy Blue and Pelvis because niggled leveled zombie is a zombie that shouldn't be, and Navy hasn't been around long enough for any attachment.

Beefslab gets Mighty Blow so that he can be both awesome at being a wall and also awesome at punching stuff

Hijo gets Wrestle because TO THE TURF!!!!!

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Guard, Block, Pelvis, Navy Blue

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Guard on Beefslab so he can be the Beefiest and the Slabbiest, Wrestle on Hijo, drop Pelvis and Navy.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

oh god. It is turn 13 and I know what is going to happen.

Edit: What he's doing is never give up. Aka being elves.

Wrassleghoul for inevitable stripping action

PILIN AWN for Beef Slab. The beefiest slab.

Oh yeah. Dump Blue and gently caress knows.. Dumping zombies is hard.

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Nov 13, 2014

Seven Deadly Sins
Apr 5, 2009

I stole something that would make me fabulously wealthy...

But I eated it.

Veloxyll posted:

oh god. It is turn 13 and I know what is going to happen.

Edit: What he's doing is never give up. Aka being elves.

if there are 2 elves on the pitch one will pass to the other for a td

gently caress elves

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Beefslab: Guard
El Hijo: Block
Cut: Pelvis Costello and Navy Blue

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Guard and Block

I had never seen a flesh golem TD before. Nice.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Mighty Blow for The Slab, and Block for El Hijo.

Fire Costello and Mykill Jackson, the first because he's niggled and should be able to live out his unlife with pride and Mykill is a dumb name. Navy Blue is a close third though.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
El Hijo: He needs to Wrestle Block.

Beefslab needs to be a Pro, not the most useful skill but he needs recognition for his deeds.

Fire Pelivs because of his bad pelvis and sadly my favorite name Graverobbin Williams because having a level in a skill that is under utilized (also as a side note use Boncecruncher to foul people more!) is driving up TV that we could be turning into extra re-rolls or wizards.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

UED Special Ops posted:

This is exactly what should happen yes.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
El Hijo:

Fire: Pelvis and Navy Blue

Natural 20 fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Nov 13, 2014

NO FUN ZONE
Oct 1, 2013

:rznv: :rznv: :rznv:

UED Special Ops posted:

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

El Hijo: Wrassle
Zombies to fire: Navy Blue and Mykill Jackson. Pelvis will remove himself from the team soon enough.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

TheMcD posted:

El Hijo: Wrassle
Zombies to fire: Navy Blue and Mykill Jackson. Pelvis will remove himself from the team soon enough.

The best decisions. Pelvis deserves at least one more game for his showing in this one.

Brassherald
Feb 3, 2012

Wait, I'm the one who calls people buttheads!
Beefslab: Mighty Blow because we need more punching and speed up to the next level.
Fire: Pelvis and Clifford Olson Twins Because Pelvis deserves to retire and live the rest of his unlife with his Zombie Wife and Children. And Navy Blue is a better trophy kill than a full grab chaos team.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Get rid of: Mykill Jackson and Pelvis Costello because we don't give up zombies of players we have killed.
Give Beefslab: Guard
Give El Hijo: Block

I get that GW doesn't give a gently caress, it's more I think the game could be more successful and thus make more money with a decent developer, hell just throw money at FUMBBL or let them do a kickstarter.

Also major respect to Antlerhill for playing out that game and actually trying to win, pretty much anything that could go wrong did, man deserves a medal.

Levin fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Nov 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Zombies to fire: Navy Blue and Mykill Jackson.

• Locked thread