Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
It isn't just my friends. The average Australian thinks this way. Buying an investment property is socially seen as an excellent first move before you even buy a place for yourself.

Dave Ramsey would kill people here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I'm Australian too. No one I know thinks that way.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Same here.

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost

VideoTapir posted:

I think you've got it backward. Because people look down on community colleges, it could be necessary to go to a 4 year college to gain entry into the industry at the level she is aiming for.
But I (partially) disagree. Sure, there are some fields where a 4-year undergraduate college program is necessary to gain entry into the industry. Engineering, medicine, pharmaceuticals, investment banking, to name a few. But Interior Design isn't one of those fields. If you want to become a drafter or work with CAD, a few years at a half-decent community college will do just fine. You'll need even less if you want to become an Interior Decorator.

That "Interior Design" program offered by Drexel, which that person is currently paying >$100K for, is just one of the many bullshit, overpriced programs that universities are conjuring up to win business from the community colleges. Heck, a lot of Universities are offering programs for Photography majors. And I work with a guy who foolishly spent money on a Masters Degree in Graphic Design. It's ridiculous.

melon cat fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Nov 13, 2014

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

fiery_valkyrie posted:

brb moving to your location ASAP.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Interior design is a) for rich people and b) all about image. "Took a few classes at Podunk Community College two towns over" really doesn't seem like it's going to get clients, even if you end up with comparable knowledge.

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost

Anne Whateley posted:

Interior design is a) for rich people and b) all about image. "Took a few classes at Podunk Community College two towns over" really doesn't seem like it's going to get clients, even if you end up with comparable knowledge.
And that's exactly it- interior design is for rich people. So if they're going to hire an Interior Designer, they're going to find this person through their own small network of personal contacts. They're not going to send out a wanted ad and grill potential interior designer about their educational background. So if someone does insist on studying interior design, they might as well spend as little $$ as possible on course fees. I know that this is a tired, repetitive thing to say (because we've all heard it before), but your success in this type of industry is all about networking, not over-leveraging yourself in a overpriced college program that has questionable value.

melon cat fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Nov 13, 2014

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

melon cat posted:

And that's exactly it- interior design is for rich people. So if they're going to hire an Interior Designer, they're going to find this person through their own small network of personal contacts. They're not going to send out a wanted ad and grill potential interior designer about their educational background. So if someone does insist on studying interior design, they might as well spend as little $$ as possible on course fees. I know that this is a tired, repetitive thing to say (because we've all heard it before), but your success in this type of industry is all about networking, not over-leveraging yourself in a overpriced college program that has questionable value.

In that case, if the community college doesn't offer the networking opportunities to get into the business, it's worthless, too.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

fiery_valkyrie posted:

It's definitely a thing, I wouldn't say everyone thinks like that, but FIFO miners on $150k who also have 2 out of every 3 weeks worth of living expenses covered while they're at work definitely do.

CelestialScribe posted:

Neglecting to mention of course that "mate" probably lived at home and didn't spend a time on rent or any other expenses.

Uh, that seems like a legit "Good With Money" thing.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

Rudager posted:

It's definitely a thing, I wouldn't say everyone thinks like that, but FIFO miners on $150k who also have 2 out of every 3 weeks worth of living expenses covered while they're at work definitely do.

Uh, that seems like a legit "Good With Money" thing.

For sure, my point is it's hardly the norm and not everyone can be expected to save that type of money in their own circumstances.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

VideoTapir posted:

In that case, if the community college doesn't offer the networking opportunities to get into the business, it's worthless, too.

That's an important point that people in BFC often overlook. If you're doing something like an MBA or law degree, or trying to get into a small industry, or arts, or anything else that's more emotional than rational, the name on your diploma does make a difference. In great part because of the people you meet in school, but also because your bosses are alumnus as well, or customers are looking for that particular brand.

poo poo there's six community college level institutions in Canada feeding into my industry and I'd be kind of iffy about hiring graduates from three of them, if I had hiring powers. My experience with graduates from these schools has not been positive, or I've never met one so I don't know what to expect. Same government approved certification and all, but then certifications and diplomas aren't that indicative of a candidate's abilities.

That being said isn't Drexel one of those lovely for profit school?

FrozenVent fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Nov 13, 2014

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

FrozenVent posted:

That's an important point that people in BFC often overlook. If you're doing something like an MBA or law degree, or trying to get into a small industry, or arts, or anything else that's more emotional than rational, the name on your diploma does make a difference. In great part because of the people you meet in school, but also because your bosses are alumnus as well, or customers are looking for that particular brand.

poo poo there's six community college level institutions in Canada feeding into my industry and I'd be kind of iffy about hiring graduates from three of them, if I had hiring powers. My experience with graduates from these schools has not been positive, or I've never met one so I don't know what to expect. Same government approved certification and all, but then certifications and diplomas aren't that indicative of a candidate's abilities.

Drexel is supposed to be a decent school, although they are way overpriced tuition wise.

But that being said, yeah it was for profit until a year or so ago.

http://technical.ly/philly/2013/10/18/drexel-names-vp-of-online-learning/

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

|Todays reddit roundup, status: Still full of loving idiots.

Being incredibly poo poo at driving is bad with money.

"High school was SO drat STRESSFUL I had "to take a semester off school and just enjoy being a student." Now my parents wont pay for everything.

"It's a status thing more than anything I think. I reason that we spend a lot of our time in car's and are heavily judged on the type of car we drive."

Bloody Queef
Mar 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Duckman2008 posted:

Drexel is supposed to be a decent school, although they are way overpriced tuition wise.

But that being said, yeah it was for profit until a year or so ago.

http://technical.ly/philly/2013/10/18/drexel-names-vp-of-online-learning/

Drexel Online was for profit up until a year ago. Drexel University has always been an nfp and until last year, a completely separate entity from Drexel Online.

While Drexel U is not the most academically rigorous school, what is fantastic about them is their coop program. The students are forced to take semester long internships that are usually paid and are basically a guaranteed full time offer as long as you don't gently caress up too bad.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Saros posted:

"It's a status thing more than anything I think. I reason that we spend a lot of our time in car's and are heavily judged on the type of car we drive."

It looks like that guy listened to reason, so +1 for good advice.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Saros posted:

"High school was SO drat STRESSFUL I had "to take a semester off school and just enjoy being a student." Now my parents wont pay for everything.

Eh, I dunno. His parents are pressuring him to go to a 4 year university on 100% student loans for status reasons, if he wants to work and save for a year I'd say he's being pretty good with money (if he's out to MAXIMIZE HIS EARNINGS he would probably be better off sucking up the debt if it means getting on a high earning career track a year faster, but I can't really blame him for not wanting to take on the extra risk--not everyone has the aptitude and temperament for a high-flying career, or else they wouldn't pay so much.) If his parents weren't intent on milking their barely-adult child for as much as they could (good with money, bad with life) he'd have a pretty solid plan.

Really the ideal would be to charge him all his "expenses", thereby giving him valuable budgeting experience that will give him an advantage in life over his college-bound peers, but save the money and use it for school expenses when he goes off to get his education.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Kind of a dick move to charge your kid rent and then still expect him to save up for college with a part time job.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

TLG James posted:

Kind of a dick move to charge your kid rent and then still expect him to save up for college with a part time job.

This. He's a little whiny but all in all can you blame him that much when all his friends are getting college paid for without having to work? At least he's working a decent number of hours.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009

TLG James posted:

I don't know. Tons of people have to do this out of necessity. You hear about so many kids who throw away their education because they're not the ones paying for it. They also choose some horribly expensive private school that's no better than the state school that's 1/5th of the price. Then they simultaneously blow money on ridiculous things, racking up way more debt than they should or just chewing through their parents' savings. Part of me thinks that this 'tough love' might just be good parenting. The parents might plan on paying off all his debt once he graduates, as I've known some to do.

xie
Jul 29, 2004

I GET UPSET WHEN PEOPLE SPEND THEIR MONEY ON WASTEFUL THINGS THAT I DONT APPROVE OF :capitalism:
Nope, that's a gigantic dick move. He's not being allowed to maximize his savings by living at home because they're charging him rent, and his Financial Aid is going to be hosed by him working for a full year. He's going to be expected to put all of that money into college, but instead he's paying rent etc.

I took 3 years off to work full time, 80% of my loans are from my first year back and they expected all of my previous year's income to have been savings for college. My EFC was 100%, despite coming from a single parent SNAP receiving home. I was working to keep the household afloat and the heat on, not maximizing for college.

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

xie posted:

Nope, that's a gigantic dick move. He's not being allowed to maximize his savings by living at home because they're charging him rent, and his Financial Aid is going to be hosed by him working for a full year. He's going to be expected to put all of that money into college, but instead he's paying rent etc.

Yeah, it's one thing to tell your kids that if they choose expensive private college they need to figure out how to pay for the difference between that and a public school (or even 2 years CC and then transfer if money is tight), but they're living in a fantasy world where college tuition is still payable by someone working a normal minimum wage job and keeping expenses paired down to a minimum.

Authentic You
Mar 4, 2007

Listen now this is your
captain calling:
Your captain is dead.

Devian666 posted:

In relation to the interior design degree discussion you really need to get the degree from the same school that also teaches architecture. Especially if you want to get a better job and not just be a limited cad technician. Interior designers that I deal with do not have that much difference in education from the architects, and in a number of cases are considered architects even though they cannot legally use the term.

Any professional degree you need to consider the school carefully as that will be the network of people you know and deal with. They may even be future employers or employees.

I interned at an international interior design firm and this was my experience. Firm would enter a project when the building was pretty much a shell, and take care of everything from laying out and building out portions of the interior to picking out material and buttons for the cushions. Lots of architectural work and blueprints and blueprints. Us interns did the bulk of digging around in the sample library looking for wallpaper, wood finishes, tiles, upholstery, and color schemes that looked nice together and with the architectural scheme, which we would then present to the designers, who would then present to the client. Educational backgrounds of both interns and employees ranged from architecture and industrial design to random liberal arts disciplines. In hiring, there was not an emphasis on hiring kids from specialized interior design programs.

Also, calling an interior designer an interior decorator was regarded as a grave insult.

melon cat posted:

That's what I had initially thought, too. But if you take a look at their program requirements it's filled with courses called 'Textiles for Interiors', 'History of Art', 'Painting', 'Sculpture', 'History of Modern Architecture', and 'Interior Lighting'. There's a few "Studio" courses, but who knows what goes on there.

In either case, similar programs are definitely offered at local community colleges at a much lower cost, and usually with co-op placements.

Yeah this program is definitely Bad With Money, especially if it costs 100k. Seems like you could indeed take some art history and CAD classes at your local state university or community college to the same effect. I attended a fairly specialized program (industrial design), but within a top notch university with a huge variety in offerings and an excellent network, so I've had little issue expanding into different areas of design (I'm in UI/UX currently). Design can be an awesome field, and if you get into a quality program, you can adapt to all sorts of design fields and have good career prospects, but these over-specialized programs that really just teach you how to be a Photoshop/CAD monkey absolutely aren't worth it. If you're going to be a CAD monkey, Lynda.com could probably teach you AutoCAD just as well for $25/mo.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009

xie posted:

I took 3 years off to work full time, 80% of my loans are from my first year back and they expected all of my previous year's income to have been savings for college. My EFC was 100%, despite coming from a single parent SNAP receiving home. I was working to keep the household afloat and the heat on, not maximizing for college.

baquerd posted:

Yeah, it's one thing to tell your kids that if they choose expensive private college they need to figure out how to pay for the difference between that and a public school (or even 2 years CC and then transfer if money is tight), but they're living in a fantasy world where college tuition is still payable by someone working a normal minimum wage job and keeping expenses paired down to a minimum.

I think you guys missed my last sentence or I just wasn't clear enough. I'm saying it's a fair move if they're planning on paying off his loans in the end.

Rurutia fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Nov 13, 2014

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost

TLG James posted:

I definitely agree. Part-time work at minimum wage doesn't get you much, even when you're living rent-free. It's impossible for any high schooler to do enough part-time work to pay for rent, and to pay their way through school while maintaining top grades. Life isn't that simple.

Authentic You posted:

Design can be an awesome field, and if you get into a quality program, you can adapt to all sorts of design fields and have good career prospects, but these over-specialized programs that really just teach you how to be a Photoshop/CAD monkey absolutely aren't worth it. If you're going to be a CAD monkey, Lynda.com could probably teach you AutoCAD just as well for $25/mo.
Yep, I feel the same way. There's an epidemic of all sorts weird, new, very expensive college programs that really don't have industry recognition. And they're just suckering in the people who want to work in a certain field, but don't know anything about how to break into the field.

Not long ago we were hiring in our office, and we saw whole lot of odd-sounding degrees on resumes. A few applicants had a 'Bachelor of Technology'. Others had a 'Bachelor of Management'. And every time we interviewed them the applicants would always talk about their fancy degree. Now, I'm not saying that their degree is worthless. But those degrees simply don't have any real recognition in our industry, but my understanding is that they've been told by their alma mater that they do.

And that really seems to be the way things are going in post-secondary. The schools are just making up these impressive-sounding degrees and making money hand over fist from these people who don't know any better. It's unethical.

melon cat fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Nov 13, 2014

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
[quote="FrozenVent" post=""43762126"]

[/quote]

Drexel is actually a very good school for engineering, and does really good work study programs. I'd highly recommend it to anyone going to school for engineering and I almost went there for asters in RF engineering\Photonics.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Rurutia posted:

I think you guys missed my last sentence or I just wasn't clear enough. I'm saying it's a fair move if they're planning on paying off his loans in the end.

They should probably tell that to their kid instead of saying they're penalizing him for not immediately taking out debts so that he can live like the other kids in his class (whose parents are paying for school upfront.)

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

The top thread on r/PersonalFinance is a diatribe chastising people for chastising people who are in deep educational debt

I mean, yeah, it's a generational problem and all, but that doesn't absolve you of all responsibility

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009

Gabriel Pope posted:

They should probably tell that to their kid instead of saying they're penalizing him for not immediately taking out debts so that he can live like the other kids in his class (whose parents are paying for school upfront.)

He's not taking a year off to save up for school, he's taking a year off because he wants to 'just be a student while he can' which means apparently not being a student and just living off of his parents. He's mad because his parents decided that instead of letting him just live off of them, they expect him to pay rent.

xie
Jul 29, 2004

I GET UPSET WHEN PEOPLE SPEND THEIR MONEY ON WASTEFUL THINGS THAT I DONT APPROVE OF :capitalism:
Are you loving joking? Did you even bother to read it? His parents sound horrible, and nothing in his post sounds like "living off his parents." I know this is the smallest point imaginable but you either didn't bother reading it or are the dourest person around if his arrangement sounds like sweet freeloading to you.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009

xie posted:

Are you loving joking? Did you even bother to read it? His parents sound horrible, and nothing in his post sounds like "living off his parents." I know this is the smallest point imaginable but you either didn't bother reading it or are the dourest person around if his arrangement sounds like sweet freeloading to you.

I read it before I saw it linked here actually. His current arrangement doesn't sound like freeloading, but some of it does read like he feels entitled to be able to freeload because of his friends. Part of it is fair because his parents brings it up, the other part (mostly about the movies etc) is entitlement. I am reading it slightly more cynically than most it seems, but I recognize that it's all just interpretation.

Call me dour all you want, I just think it's difficult to navigate the parental waters when you're trying to keep your kids from all of the death traps which exist today. Not sure why you're so up in arms over it, it's not like I'm posting there and berating him.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
I think the key is here:

quote:

My parents expect me to save at least HALF of each paycheck that I get. They want me to pay for school by saving my money.

His parents are still living in the fantasy that anyone who works hard enough can pay their own way through college. That might have been somewhat true when they were growing up, but it's flat-out impossible to do so now on minimum wage.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Not a Children posted:

The top thread on r/PersonalFinance is a diatribe chastising people for chastising people who are in deep educational debt

I mean, yeah, it's a generational problem and all, but that doesn't absolve you of all responsibility

Yeah I saw that earlier and was kind of surprised at the amount of support OP was getting. Student loans in this country are royally hosed but at some point you are willingly making a terrible decision and signing on the dotted line. Then when they make the millionth thread on reddit along the lines of "I make $4/hr bathing orphan cats in Zanzibar, how do I pay off my $300k student loan debt" you can't help but ask what the hell they were thinking.

Barry fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Nov 13, 2014

TOO SCSI FOR MY CAT
Oct 12, 2008

this is what happens when you take UI design away from engineers and give it to a bunch of hipster art student "designers"
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-11-13/forex-investors-may-face-1-billion-loss-as-trade-site-vanishes.html

quote:

Secure Investment said that it traded in excess of $4.8 billion daily for more than 100,000 investors in 140 countries. The company said it posted all of its trades every day, showing which ones were winners and which were losers. The site said investors had averaged net gains of 1 percent each trading day during the past five years.

quote:

In May and June last year, Mandal and his wife, Wasima, 37, also a physician, invested £30,000 each with Secure, which required customers to use U.S. dollars. The Mandals swapped pounds for $60,000, using a bank. Following instructions from Secure, they then wired the money to banks in Australia and Cyprus to open their accounts.

Logging into the company’s website regularly, they watched as Secure traded the dollar versus the euro. Secure’s website showed that their accounts had soared in value to a total of $245,000 -- a fourfold increase -- in just 10 months.

quote:

Jaron Mark, a medical resident at a hospital in Tampa, Florida, says he spent nine months seeking a safe investment before he chose Secure. During that time, he monitored Secure’s website routinely, watched the daily trading reports showing consistent success and decided to invest with the company.

In April, he wired $10,000 to a bank in Latvia so that Secure could trade forex for him. Two weeks later, the Secure website was gone. At first, Mark, 31, says he wasn’t too concerned.

“They’d go down for maintenance temporarily,” he says. “Then they’d come back up, like clockwork. This time around, they didn’t.” He says he lost the majority of his savings. “I don’t make a lot of money,” he says. “It took me a long time to earn it. I’m hurt and upset. I don’t have much hope. I feel like a fool.”

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Rurutia posted:

He's not taking a year off to save up for school, he's taking a year off because he wants to 'just be a student while he can' which means apparently not being a student and just living off of his parents. He's mad because his parents decided that instead of letting him just live off of them, they expect him to pay rent.

I don't know what he means by "just enjoying being a student" either, seeing that he's not being a student in any sense, but he is 1) working and 2) committed to saving most of his earnings towards school. So regardless of his intentions, he is in fact saving up for school during his time off, which he (in all likelihood rightfully) regards as being a better idea than taking out loans to pay for the kind of education his peers are getting paid for by their parents. Which his parents also want him to get, but not enough to provide any help beyond a very minor subsidy for his living expenses ($200 rent sounds like a sweet deal until you consider that for $300 combined rent+utilities [Idaho] he could probably get a room in a house with much better roomates.)

It's true that he may be posting a very skewed picture--maybe his parents help him out with money all the time and he is just whiny. Some people are just completely lovely to their adult children, though. I knew a girl that got cut off completely the instant she went off to college because her dad's new wife didn't like her--as in, she had to crash with friends for Thanksgiving and Christmas because she was not welcome back home.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

:stare: drat, that's actually impressive.

Aagar
Mar 30, 2006

E/N Gestapo
I am talking to a mod right now about getting you probated/banned/gassed

"Guarantee my principal, and 1% return daily? This couldn't possibly be a scam. Look! They have a website that updates daily with all the money I'm making. Time to put in all of my retirement money and the kids' college fund..."

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost
I'm not surprised to hear all of those Forex "I lost money!" horror stories. These Forex trading services are about as close to MLM schemes as you can get, and they definitely target the same people who get suckered into Amway/Vemma/Cutco. Only 15% of Forex traders make a profit. You'd have better luck setting up a lemonade stand during a blizzard.

Hargrimm posted:

I think the key is here:

His parents are still living in the fantasy that anyone who works hard enough can pay their own way through college. That might have been somewhat true when they were growing up, but it's flat-out impossible to do so now on minimum wage.
That's definitely what it sounds like, and his parents need a reality check. I experienced similar pressure from my parents in the years leading up to undergrad. I have no idea how any of our parents expected us to pay off tuition while earning an impressive $7.25/hour at my part-time job.

melon cat fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Nov 13, 2014

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

melon cat posted:

I have no idea how any of our parents expected us to pay off tuition while earning an impressive $7.25/hour at my part-time job.

http://www.cepr.net/index.php/blogs/cepr-blog/blog-post-health-and-education-on-the-minimum-wage

Folly
May 26, 2010

I wonder if the scammers chose Forex specifically so their victims would self-select. It's been done before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Gabriel Pope posted:

I don't know what he means by "just enjoying being a student" either, seeing that he's not being a student in any sense, but he is 1) working and 2) committed to saving most of his earnings towards school. So regardless of his intentions, he is in fact saving up for school during his time off, which he (in all likelihood rightfully) regards as being a better idea than taking out loans to pay for the kind of education his peers are getting paid for by their parents. Which his parents also want him to get, but not enough to provide any help beyond a very minor subsidy for his living expenses ($200 rent sounds like a sweet deal until you consider that for $300 combined rent+utilities [Idaho] he could probably get a room in a house with much better roomates.)

It's true that he may be posting a very skewed picture--maybe his parents help him out with money all the time and he is just whiny. Some people are just completely lovely to their adult children, though. I knew a girl that got cut off completely the instant she went off to college because her dad's new wife didn't like her--as in, she had to crash with friends for Thanksgiving and Christmas because she was not welcome back home.

It sounds like the parents are living in the 1980's or 90's when it was legitimately possible to go to a state school on minimum wage. But even that doesn't really work because you're either going to school part-time and working full-time or working part-time and going to school full-time (the second option not being possible without loans).

I think he needs to sit down with his parents and figure out what their expectations are. They're judging him against his friends so they obviously have some idea of what their son's college life should be. I doubt his folks want him to completely miss the social aspect of college because he's working or studying all the time. I did that and didn't get laid for 3 years. No parent should do that to their kid.

Krispy Wafer fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Nov 13, 2014

• Locked thread