Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Renounced
Nov 8, 2005

POSTING ON THE INTERNET

Epic High Five posted:

Apparently the bundle now says "Heroic Boosts will become account wide after the anniversary sale bundle ends. Date TBD"

Guess whatever system they had set up to grant it to all characters on the account didn't work. Goddamnit SOE, oh well I'm going to jump on this when I get home to find the best combination of obscenely garish camos to combine with the golden hologram armor the NC get. It just kind of blends in to Shatter :(

Well good to know my heroic boost will be expired by the time that sale ends. :soe:

So the NC one blends in with Shatter and the Vanu one blends in with Tech. It's like they did it on purpose to not allow us to make the most garishly colored spacemans possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I'm just tired of all these shadow wars.

VenusInFurries
Apr 12, 2014

<3 tsalaroth
They still don't let me throw money at them for the bundle. :sigh:

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Renounced posted:

So the NC one blends in with Shatter and the Vanu one blends in with Tech. It's like they did it on purpose to not allow us to make the most garishly colored spacemans possible.

Or force us to buy new clashing camos to make the most garishly dressed spacemans.

Those marvelous bastards.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:

Epic High Five posted:

Apparently the bundle now says "Heroic Boosts will become account wide after the anniversary sale bundle ends. Date TBD"

Guess whatever system they had set up to grant it to all characters on the account didn't work. Goddamnit SOE, oh well I'm going to jump on this when I get home to find the best combination of obscenely garish camos to combine with the golden hologram armor the NC get. It just kind of blends in to Shatter :(

half-tone and tech would probably be your best bets.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Time for a Pretty Space Princess Fashion Show! :dance:

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Believe me Space Pretty Princess is already on the job!

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

VenusInFurries posted:

They still don't let me throw money at them for the bundle. :sigh:

Buy SC through their website?

VenusInFurries
Apr 12, 2014

<3 tsalaroth

Xae posted:

Buy SC through their website?

Maybe that one works, but I've already charged my steamwallet, so I'd rather use that than pay with credit card on their site.

Unclean009
Mar 27, 2010

For those having issues with steam wallet, throw a message to this Dev to try to solve the issue.

http://www.reddit.com/r/planetside/comments/2m6x8t/fyi_planetside_2_anniversary_bundle_boost/cm1hxtn

VenusInFurries
Apr 12, 2014

<3 tsalaroth
Did that, thanks. Hope it helps them fix it.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Renounced posted:

Well good to know my heroic boost will be expired by the time that sale ends. :soe:

Wait, the boost doesn't act like every other boost where it just sits in your inventory until you activate it?

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Never change SOE, never change.

I can equip the flaming skulls as well, though the game likes to remove them from my loadout every time I respawn.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I posted that comedy image of the Vanu grenade's collision mesh on reddit ugh and an SOE designer came in and said that's not the mesh. Someone else re-extracted the NC grenade's collision mesh of the newest build and it's just as beachball sized as before.

Turns out that some time back they tightened up the VS grenade's collision mesh but forgot to do the other two factions :psyduck:, so either the TR and NC grenade's collisions are about to get buffed or the VS grenade's collision is about to get nerfed lmao

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Nov 13, 2014

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Broose posted:

Wait, the boost doesn't act like every other boost where it just sits in your inventory until you activate it?
Mine is, so I don't know where you heard this but it's wrong.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

quote:

&gt; As of today the Planetside 2 Anniversary bundle is available for in game. The bundle is packed with special edition, limited-time items to celebrate Planetside 2 turning hitting the 2-year mark, unique armor, weapon skins, camos, decals AND a 6-month heroic boost. Best of all, all these items are unlocked for every character on your account...
&gt;
&gt; Currently, the 6-month Heroic Boost is not unlocking on all characters due to an issue with the way our account-wide items are handled. We have a fix for the issues we ran into, however we want to give it some testing time and not patch right before the weekend, so our plan is to patch sometime early next week. After this fix everyone who purchases the Anniversary bundle will unlock the boost on all of their characters at the time of purchase. Anyone who purchases the Anniversary bundle before this fix is deployed will be granted the boosts on all of their characters then as well. You do not need to submit a CS ticket to inquire about this or get the boost on your other characters, you will receive it automatically when the fix is live and CS will not be able to help with the issue until the fix is live. Sorry for the temporary inconvenience, but due to the nature of the bug, we can't release the fix without giving it some additional testing time.

As always, thanks for playing, and Happy 2-year Anniversary!

- Higby

Cool, looks like they've got it pinned down, just don't want to deploy it before the weekend. Will be buying this when I get home tonight in anticipating of receiving 2x more boosts when it is automatically granted with the fix patch

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Fart Car '97 posted:

I posted that comedy image of the Vanu grenade's collision mesh on reddit ugh and an SOE designer came in and said that's not the mesh. Someone else re-extracted the NC grenade's collision mesh of the newest build and it's just as beachball sized as before.

Turns out that some time back they tightened up the VS grenade's collision mesh but forgot to do the other two factions :psyduck:, so either the TR and NC grenade's collisions are about to get buffed or the VS grenade's collision is about to get nerfed lmao

Are you kidding me? That's absolutely :soe: level game development right there.

Broose posted:

You're getting confused. The boost is just a normal heroic boost that's added to your inventory. The bundle was supposed to grant a boost to every character on your account. We assumed that would happen at the time of purchase, but it doesn't, so they'll be granting the other boosts SOON(tm). I think Renounced meant his current boost will be expired before he gets the replacement he was expecting. Meanwhile I'm sitting here with an unused heroic from last year on my original NC character that I never play and the CS reps refuse to juggle it to another character for me.

Epic High Five posted:

Cool, looks like they've got it pinned down, just don't want to deploy it before the weekend. Will be buying this when I get home tonight in anticipating of receiving 2x more boosts when it is automatically granted with the fix patch

Now if they'd only fix the steam wallet problems :negative:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hey guys, GOON has a match coming up on Sunday @4pm EST with 252v to test out a possible format for an upcoming Vehicleside ArmorSmash. It's 24v24 and it's looking like we'll have 5-7 open spots.

Would any of you non-GOON goons be interested in joining in to help get this thing going? I know there's quite a few unaffiliated and whatnot and i'd much prefer other goons to pubbies to fill the roster. It covers all manner of vehicles, though I'm not sure which faction we'll get. Respond, send me a PM, or hit me up in game/on steam if you're interested! Steam name is the same as on here, should be a fried chicken head as the avatar.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Epic High Five posted:

Hey guys, GOON has a match coming up on Sunday @4pm EST with 252v to test out a possible format for an upcoming Vehicleside ArmorSmash. It's 24v24 and it's looking like we'll have 5-7 open spots.

Would any of you non-GOON goons be interested in joining in to help get this thing going? I know there's quite a few unaffiliated and whatnot and i'd much prefer other goons to pubbies to fill the roster. It covers all manner of vehicles, though I'm not sure which faction we'll get. Respond, send me a PM, or hit me up in game/on steam if you're interested! Steam name is the same as on here, should be a fried chicken head as the avatar.

Man I am all about vehicles, as long as we aren't Vanu (I can't handle a mag for poo poo), count me in. If you need me I am Evilreaver literally everywhere (steam, gmail, ingame, etc)

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

Epic High Five posted:

If you want the pro-est AP lightning, I'm your man.

That's what 9pm GMT?

A Tartan Tory fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Nov 13, 2014

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

o muerte posted:

Are you kidding me? That's absolutely :soe: level game development right there.

I wish it were a joke, but:

quote:

Your image shows the NC grenade instead of the VS as pictured above, and opening that collision up I see you are right. I checked the TR too, and the same is true. These are very old assets, and I did not set them up, so before I change it I will confirm with code that this was not done intentionally. If it was, then VS grenades may be seeing a collision nurf. If not then I'll go ahead and tighten the collision up for TR and NC. Good catch, thanks. I'll let you guys know when I do.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

I liked the part where they can't decide whether to fix it for two factions, or break it for the other.

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

roger that sir, you're good to go.

Epic High Five posted:

I drive a mean harasser, but go ahead and put me at the very bottom of your reserves as I don't play well with others really.

At least not groups of 6+

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Fart Car '97 posted:

:cripes:

loving hell, :soe:

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Fierce Brosnan posted:

Nov 13
Daily sale: LC2 Lynx / GD-7F / VX6-7
Members sale: Indar Highlands v1 Camo

If you don't already have the Lynx then loving get it cause it owns.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
NC wearing their holo armor at night or on hossin is like a big glowing safety vest.

Renounced
Nov 8, 2005

POSTING ON THE INTERNET

Broose posted:

As stated above, it will just sit in inventory screen until activated. I just activated mine on my main dude to see if it was just some :soe: fuckery that made it slot into all characters when actually activated despite it not saying that in the description.

But I should know better. Dealing with :soe: and what they might be thinking is like the pigeon in a box experiment.

treizebee posted:

NC wearing their holo armor at night or on hossin is like a big glowing safety vest.

Maybe it'll cut down on NC road-teamkills. :eng101: no it won't

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

How long will that bundle be on sale? i'm getting my monthly 500SC on the 14th then i want to spend whatever i need to get that bundle.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Renounced posted:

Maybe it'll cut down on NC road-teamkills. :eng101: no it won't
If anything it'll make it a lot easier for NC to roadkill each other.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

Arghy posted:

How long will that bundle be on sale? i'm getting my monthly 500SC on the 14th then i want to spend whatever i need to get that bundle.

Probably at least two weeks. Its only 3600 if you have membership, I also used my monthly SC to cover part of it.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

Fart Car '97 posted:

I remember someone posting an image of the grenade stuff, but did that get changed for the VS at some point recently? Because AV grenades have been bouncing like poo poo since they made them sticky.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
I just started playing this, and I'm pretty bad, but as an engineer I've been able to repair enough stuff to level up a bit. What's a good weapon for an engineer? I like the idea of battle rifles- that and C4 seem like they'll let me relive my glory days as an engineer in Battlefield 1942.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Arghy posted:

I'm just going to put down $45 since it upgrades me to 5000SC and buy it at the 3600SC members price then cancel my subscription since I don't need welfare certs anymore.

vvv VX6-7 is a bullet hose and our second best carbine after the Pulsar C, but the Pulsar can be unlocked with the quiz vvv

A Winner is Jew fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Nov 13, 2014

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Glass of Milk posted:

I just started playing this, and I'm pretty bad, but as an engineer I've been able to repair enough stuff to level up a bit. What's a good weapon for an engineer? I like the idea of battle rifles- that and C4 seem like they'll let me relive my glory days as an engineer in Battlefield 1942.

Today's your lucky day, the Lynx (TR) and GD7F (NC) are on sale and are freakishly good weapons. I can't speak for the vanu.

The Battle Rifles are pretty generally described as "disappointing".

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

roger that sir, you're good to go.

A Winner is Jew posted:

I'm just going to put down $45 since it upgrades me to 5000SC and buy it at the 3600SC members price then cancel my subscription since I don't need welfare certs anymore.

vvv VX6-7 is a bullet hose and our second best carbine after the Pulsar C, but the Pulsar can be unlocked with the quiz vvv

VX6-7 is solid since it's way more expensive with certs and is super useful for LA too.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Glass of Milk posted:

Have you joined goon or goku yet? Never play alone. Try both goon outfits. We have threads in pgs.

Pulsar c and ac-x11 for vs/nc.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Azerban posted:

I liked the part where they can't decide whether to fix it for two factions, or break it for the other.

I hope they break it. Grenades are annoying enough as it is, even when it's the TR or NC throwing it.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Just once I would like to throw a sticky grenade through a window and not have it stick TO the window :negative:

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Evilreaver posted:

Today's your lucky day, the Lynx (TR) and GD7F (NC) are on sale and are freakishly good weapons.

Counter-opinion: the GD-7F is highly overrated. It has one of the worst uptimes of an infantry weapon in the game and no real benefits beyond the mythical 'good DPS'. Aside from maybe the Gauss Compact Burst it's the worst NC carbine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Tempest_56 posted:

Counter-opinion: the GD-7F is highly overrated. It has one of the worst uptimes of an infantry weapon in the game and no real benefits beyond the mythical 'good DPS'. Aside from maybe the Gauss Compact Burst it's the worst NC carbine.

This guy has correct NCcarbinepinions.

• Locked thread