Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I had a weird thing happen earlier that I'm not sure I've seen before. I ran into Ultra Pride, and the big guy was the usual, but the little flying dude wasn't the special one with glasses but just a larger than normal regular angel baby thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I had a weird thing happen earlier that I'm not sure I've seen before. I ran into Ultra Pride, and the big guy was the usual, but the little flying dude wasn't the special one with glasses but just a larger than normal regular angel baby thing.

Is there a seed for this?

CaptainWinky
Jun 13, 2001
I just annihilated the Lamb and Mega Satan as ???. It helped that I got Epic Fetus from the first item room and Blank Card from the second shop, then a Credit Card on the floor shortly after that. On Necropolis 2 I found a Hierophant card to replace the Credit Card. All the free shops gave me both maps + compass as well as a 9-volt to make my Blank Card even better. 2 soul hearts every 3 rooms, plus being able to avoid enemies most of the time with Epic Fetus, made things pretty easy. After having a couple of totally botched ??? runs this was immensely satisfying, though I won't want to pick up Epic Fetus again for a long time.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I lost a boss challenge when I had rubber cement and like every damage up due to glare on my Vita screen. :( Do anti-glare screens for the Vita actually work?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Magnetic Tears is motherfucking awful.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I am terrible at this game. I managed to beat Mom (but not Mom's Heart), but that's because I got ludicrously good items. I can't dodge for poo poo. What can I do to better avoid getting hit?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
try to prioritize practicing avoiding being hit over hitting the enemy for a while? idk

CaptainWinky
Jun 13, 2001

Tollymain posted:

try to prioritize practicing avoiding being hit over hitting the enemy for a while? idk

This. Also, if you have a lot of extra money, try putting some of it into a slot machine and it may pay out with a Pretty Fly orbital that can block bullets. You can have up to three Pretty Flies at a time, but if you get a Cube of Meat or Ball of Bandages those can replace one of the flies. Sometimes you can get a Pretty Fly from a pill too.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Logan 5 posted:

Double shot, triple shot, and quad shot dont stack with each other unfortunately, instead they override one another. Seems strange actually to find some of them in the same run, are there no more classes of items now that once you pick up one the others are removed from the pool? I remember the original had some that worked that way. I mean, not to nerf stuff and kill the fun, but where it makes sense. I'm looking at you Cube of Meat and Ball of Bandages :argh:

This was from a ways back, but just to clarify I said I had Loki's Horns. Quad shot would have four bombs normally, but Loki's Horns gives your shots a chance to pop out from four directions. Thus the 16 bombs. Double shot had me making GBS threads out eight bombs occasionally.

Imagine how ludicrous that would be if they did stack, though. If you had them all you'd normally be shooting like 24 bombs, with a chance at 96 when the horn effect activates. Have fun dodging that!

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Nov 13, 2014

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

Mr Tastee posted:

I am terrible at this game. I managed to beat Mom (but not Mom's Heart), but that's because I got ludicrously good items. I can't dodge for poo poo. What can I do to better avoid getting hit?

Prioritize dodging over landing your shots, and also if you're using the keyboard make sure you have it set to use keys that don't interfere with one another. You'll often be pressing 3-4 keys at a time and having one of your keys drop recognition and change your movement can be a real killer. It can also be pretty subtle and quick when it happens, so check it out and make sure you're not having issues. My play improved dramatically when I switched from the arrow keys to the numpad for shooting.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Volt Catfish posted:

Magnetic Tears is motherfucking awful.

I either went into a 1 or 6 die room, or I had misigno but I ended up with magnetic tears, cursed eye and Cricket's body. The sheer amount of tears caused all enemies to spaz out and fly all over the screen. It was terrible but hilarious.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Trying to fill out my item collection and I am down to just a small handful.

Anybody know where I can find the 1up and the Raw Liver?

I also need the D4 but I assume that I'll just find that in a normal treasure room eventually.

Then the last one is Steven, which I have never gotten him to drop. I always get Little Steve and he shows up so rarely. Frustrating, but it'll take eventually I'm sure.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I wish this game had a whip-like weapon. Think of Simon's whip from Castlevania games where you can leave it out and wiggle it all over the place.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

13/f/cali posted:

Trying to fill out my item collection and I am down to just a small handful.

Anybody know where I can find the 1up and the Raw Liver?

Those were secret room items in the original so I'd try there.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Dizz posted:

I wish this game had a whip-like weapon. Think of Simon's whip from Castlevania games where you can leave it out and wiggle it all over the place.

Out of all the numerous DLC ideas people seem to spout out this is the first one that I can really get behind of.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Just beat the Darkness Falls challenge. The run was looking pretty doomed when I entered the Womb until a 2 key room in the Womb 2 gave me Guppy's Paw and Dead Cat. This was all I needed for Guppy mode, and then the game decided to make the run obscene by dropping Cancer and giving me Cricket Head from a gold chest. Satan was destroyed in about 30 seconds.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Virgo's invulnerability proc protects you from Heart damage from Blood donation machines :psyduck:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Dackel posted:

Virgo's invulnerability proc protects you from Heart damage from Blood donation machines :psyduck:

All invulnerability does. Hell, in the original game if you were in the womb the increased invulnerability time from being damaged for a heart instead of a half a heart let you use the machines twice - once being damaged, and then again invulnerable from the first hit.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

President Ark posted:

All invulnerability does. Hell, in the original game if you were in the womb the increased invulnerability time from being damaged for a heart instead of a half a heart let you use the machines twice - once being damaged, and then again invulnerable from the first hit.

I'm still not used to the reduced invulnerability time in general in Rebirth. I keep getting hit twice because I dodge into bullets thinking that I'll just absorb them in my invulnerability frame, and that doesn't go well.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
So have Nicalis said anything about the buggy trophies on PS4? I spent all night last night un-loving my trophies and kinda am turned off from playing anymore until I know I am not going to be screwed out of the next trophies (challenges, the lost runs, etc) since those are such a colossal pain in the rear end.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

BJPaskoff posted:

I'm still not used to the reduced invulnerability time in general in Rebirth. I keep getting hit twice because I dodge into bullets thinking that I'll just absorb them in my invulnerability frame, and that doesn't go well.

It probably doesn't help that brimstone lasts just long enough to hit twice. So many good runs ruined when I get cocky and try to power through a brimstone shot and score a few extra hits.

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.
Welp, first Mom kill as Isaac. I actually feel really good about this run! Robo-Baby 2.0, Proptosis, and Prayer Card got me through pretty clean.

I played SO MUCH of the first BoI, but I got into it after Rebirth was announced and WotL was out. Rebirth seems so much easier now that I know enemy patterns and what some of the items do. God, I love this game.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

What exactly does the difficulty increase from everything is terrible do?

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

LibbyM posted:

What exactly does the difficulty increase from everything is terrible do?
If it's anything like the original, "champion" enemies should be more common, curses more frequent and bosses should drop less hearts on defeat.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

notoriousman posted:

curses more frequent

That's dissapointing to hear. The other things are fine, and most of the curses are fine. Curse of the Lost is the least fun thing in any video game ever though. It doesn't even make it harder, just more annoying.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
So what exactly does sin/faith do?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

What the hell, I was just playing as ??? and I picked up the Experimental Treatment (all stats up, then shuffled). I guess it shuffled me to having 0 health or something because I keeled over right after picking it up. Is that supposed to happen?

I'm never gonna unlock the D6. :smith:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

LibbyM posted:

That's dissapointing to hear. The other things are fine, and most of the curses are fine. Curse of the Lost is the least fun thing in any video game ever though. It doesn't even make it harder, just more annoying.

Same but blind, it's loving stupid.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

I thought picking out blood trails on the floors in the Womb was bad... then I got Headless Baby.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I think people here asked about this earlier. Someone on Reddit made a chart over all the different unlocks you get for beating the game as each character.

Linked for spoilers.
http://i.imgur.com/QLfBd9X.png

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

So what exactly does sin/faith do?

Pretty sure it makes devil/angel rooms more likely to spawn, and if you have either high enough the way to the Cathedral/Sheol will open. That last bit only matters if you haven't unlocked It Lives though. They might also make soul/evil heart drops more frequent? I dunno.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I hate how the ghost boss that starts with 3 little ghosts you have to kill can spawn in the basement. It's way too hard to be a level 1 boss.

Also the "you feel stompy" effect is super cool. I have a lot of fun smashing rocks and stuff.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012

Broken Cog posted:

I think people here asked about this earlier. Someone on Reddit made a chart over all the different unlocks you get for beating the game as each character.

Linked for spoilers.

Since someone will inevitably ask, the order from top to bottom is Sheol, Cathedral, Dark Room, Chest, Boss Rush and Mom's Heart on hard mode.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

drunken officeparty posted:

I hate how the ghost boss that starts with 3 little ghosts you have to kill can spawn in the basement. It's way too hard to be a level 1 boss.

His tells are nearly non-existent, but stick to one of the walls and fire at him sideways. If you start doing that when he's far enough away for you to read the charge and move out of the way safely, he's pretty easy. I'm usually pretty happy to see him as a boss.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Broken Cog posted:

Linked for spoilers.

wait who is the white haired dude, i thought i had unlocked everyone

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Davincie posted:

wait who is the white haired dude, i thought i had unlocked everyone

Pretty sure that's Eden.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ah that makes sense, never seen her regular hair thanks to the random things she gets

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Davincie posted:

ah that makes sense, never seen her regular hair thanks to the random things she gets

Doesn't Eden start with random hairstyles too?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Dackel posted:

Doesn't Eden start with random hairstyles too?

Yep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

There is no regular hair for Eden. Or anything else. Worst run I've had was an Eden that could only shoot down.