Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Going back and forth between this and TUF Latin America is funny, because both seasons are shot with the same camera angles (making it seem like they happen at the same time), and both feature incomprehensible ("how can adults fight about this") drama. And also some cool fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Wait a second, does Amazon Prime put this out or is it still pay for episode even with Prime?

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I can't help but wonder if post-production tried to actively avoid footage of who specifically booed the fight's outcome because how do you market a NEW division around such classless assholes? I honestly can't see myself not wanting every one of those women knocked out now and I hate that their lovely grasp of reality have made me a Torres defender in this thread. Seriously, a room move before a fight is a priority? gently caress that. I was expecting it to get blamed afterwards.

I know nothing about Melendez but it just seems like that dude is sleepwalking. How did the fight get to be a dirty fight? I looked competitive to me. Of course when your fighter can't effectively exploit their height and reach for a victory you're going to lose that decision. Bec looking gassed at the end of the first and also during the stand up while Torres is on her back did her no favor in the judges' eyes.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Captain Log posted:

Wait a second, does Amazon Prime put this out or is it still pay for episode even with Prime?

It's not included with Prime, I bought the season pass and in the last couple weeks the shows are dropping Wednesday afternoon.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
Oh man have I never wanted to see a woman get her rear end kicked as bad tonight as Bec Rawlings. gently caress her and everything bout her. I have no sympathy for her dumb face because she is a bad person. "I can't believe they are saying we are bullies the stupidity is just melting my brain"

Good job Tecia. I didn't really like her at first but this episode definitely made me want to see her become successful in the UFC and not Bec Rawlings. I never want to see Bec Rawlings again and kind of hope the rest of the UFC broadcast team feels the same because what a piece of dumb poo poo. She wasn't a good fighter either so it just goes to show the angriest dumbest fighters are the ones who can never win when they fight mad. See Michael Bisping. I don't like her tattoos, her face, her hair, her lip ring, and it is all attributed to her lovely attitude.

At this point I want to see Joanne beat ROse because Rose is a bitch just like the rest of the crapettes and just like she said these are professional athletes and they are acting like they are toddlers. Even Emily Kagan who is like the mom figure comes off as a prick in this episode.

Felice saying I got two words for Randa, gently caress and you was pretty funny though. I hope Randa murders Felice.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
how people act cooped up in a house with a shitload of other people they might have to fight while cameras roll 24/7 and then edited to create narrative is probably not indicative of their actual personality. there was some guy on the jones / sonnen season who did an ama and he said that bubba mcdaniels was a really good guy and was stunned to learn he was edited into an rear end in a top hat.

i can't wait for jojo / rose. that'll be the goods. combine that with esparza / torres and you've got two title-fight level fights happening in the next few weeks.

cheering for randa tho.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Popping Felice's bubble was bad rear end.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Dead Snoopy posted:

I can't help but wonder if post-production tried to actively avoid footage of who specifically booed the fight's outcome because how do you market a NEW division around such classless assholes? I honestly can't see myself not wanting every one of those women knocked out now and I hate that their lovely grasp of reality have made me a Torres defender in this thread. Seriously, a room move before a fight is a priority? gently caress that. I was expecting it to get blamed afterwards.

I know nothing about Melendez but it just seems like that dude is sleepwalking. How did the fight get to be a dirty fight? I looked competitive to me. Of course when your fighter can't effectively exploit their height and reach for a victory you're going to lose that decision. Bec looking gassed at the end of the first and also during the stand up while Torres is on her back did her no favor in the judges' eyes.

On the after-show, they said it was Nate Diaz that started booing :209: I guess

Scott808
Jul 11, 2001
Jojo continues to be awesome. Someone please teach her how to do a kimura sooner rather than later.

Bec posted:

No matter what you did in the past or what you did then never gives anyone the right to treat you like an animal.
Scrapettes continue to be mega bitches to Heather, Tecia, and Lisa, then ask why she is not helping Bec/helping Tecia cut weight instead.

Bec posted:

It's beyond stupid. The stupidity is slowly melting my brain.

:iiam:

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Dead Snoopy posted:

How did the fight get to be a dirty fight? I looked competitive to me.
As in up close, brawling, clinch-fighting, rather than fighting from a distance where Tiny Tornado's speed and kicks had the better of it.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I was just thinking about this, but if Jessica Penne ends up in the finals Michelle Waterson has to be looking real hard at getting a UFC title fight in 2015, right?

I mean just looking at the brackets Carla probably beats her, but weird poo poo can happen on a TUF tournament.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

1st AD posted:

I was just thinking about this, but if Jessica Penne ends up in the finals Michelle Waterson has to be looking real hard at getting a UFC title fight in 2015, right?

I mean just looking at the brackets Carla probably beats her, but weird poo poo can happen on a TUF tournament.

Aish is gonna TKO Penne by standing hammerfists

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I just want whatever makes Rose win and look good to happen. Get on that, everyone.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

Captain Log posted:

I just want whatever makes Rose win and look good to happen. Get on that, everyone.

Rose is a good fighter but how can you want Joanne to lose that doesn't make sense

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Meowbot posted:

Rose is a good fighter but how can you want Joanne to lose that doesn't make sense

If the producers really wanted heartbreaking drama, they would set up a gooncam to run picture-in-picture during that fight. It's like Sophie's Choice but harder.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
The funny thing about the teams is that early in the season I rooted for Melendez because they were underdogs and I was really rooting for a W. Now I just root for Pettis because Melendez's team is just full of assholes.

Here's hoping Jojo creams Rose.

Jupiter Jazz fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Nov 13, 2014

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
It turns out that someone who made a career out of poo poo-talking better fighters is personally unpleasant. Who knew?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
gently caress the scrapettes, come on Jojo. She's adorable.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I think the drama is bullshit but at the same time I don't like that Tecia suddenly got another shot when she pretty soundly lost her first fight.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

I think the drama is bullshit but at the same time I don't like that Tecia suddenly got another shot when she pretty soundly lost her first fight.

Who else was available to fill in?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Yeah, Bec got a bit of a raw deal. she was pretty high in the seeding, but ended up facing someone higher than her in the first round because of the injury. Not Tecia's fault, but just a kinda lovely situation. They should have kept Paige Van Zant in an alcohol free chamber as a reserve.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
What loving idiot was it who said completely seriously that no one should be given a second chance? What a moron.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Tecia lost her first fight but it was a close fight and she didn't get blown out. Everyone else who had lost before Justine Kish got injured got either run over or just plain looked bad.

Plus, chronology is out of whack on a show like this and it's possible Kish's diagnosis happened early in filming, leaving few replacement options.

1st AD fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Nov 13, 2014

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Who else was available to fill in?

Don't fill in. Just move her along. Really, they should have planned better for an injury replacement being that there's one every season I've watched. If Tecia had lost a contentious decision, then maybe I could see it. She was soundly wrestled by Markos, though.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Really, they should've had an alternate ready to go just in case.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

1st AD posted:

Exactly. I like Tecia, but I don't want her to win it all because of this.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

There's no way Randa Markos is the 14th best fighter on the show, either, so it's not like Tecia didn't get hosed, too.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

sportsgenius86 posted:

There's no way Randa Markos is the 14th best fighter on the show, either, so it's not like Tecia didn't get hosed, too.

Yeah she's got a style that would probably gently caress with everyone who isn't Carla Esparza. I could easily see her beating the Felice/Heather tier of fighters in this tournament.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I wouldn't say she got hosed. The fighters had no say in their seeding. Prior to the show, Randa had only 5 fights in extreme B leagues and she lost one of those. Seeding her the way they did is reasonable. She wasn't exactly a known quantity because she hadn't been fighting the ostensible best in Invicta.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Another thing to consider is that Tecia is probably ranked too highly, as her takedown defense and ability to scramble or work off her back is pretty questionable at this point.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

I wouldn't say she got hosed. The fighters had no say in their seeding. Prior to the show, Randa had only 5 fights in extreme B leagues and she lost one of those. Seeding her the way they did is reasonable. She wasn't exactly a known quantity because she hadn't been fighting the ostensible best in Invicta.

Fair enough.

At the end of the day, Bec seemed to be worried about literally everything other than fighting Tecia, so it's her own loving fault she lost.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
She was a shambles, she was, as you say, focused on everything but the fight. Moving rooms, bitching, moaning about Tecia, ugh. Horrible person.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I'd say her inability to land clean combinations or cut angles had more to do with her losing a fight than her being unpleasant for no reason.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

1st AD posted:

I partially agree w/ this but at the same time I can see the poo poo becoming, "oh, they had a ringer waiting in the wings and she wasn't part of the main cast boo hoo hoo. Unfair"

People with victim mentalities find ways to perpetuate them and shame on anybody buying into their poo poo.

Should Tecia have been ranked as high as she was? Debatable but given that she had already beaten 2 of her cast mates in Invitca I don't find it insane. That's like saying Carla way be the Invitca champ but hasn't fought for a year so we should bump her rank down a notch. In the end you have to give their past track records a semblance of merit.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
They have brought alternates in on TUF before but it's usually if somebody drops out right at the beginning of the season. A second chance for a loser isn't unprecedented either. I think the only way they'd give Bec a pass was if her opponent was injured at the last second or didn't make weight, it seemed like Dana was pretty set on "everybody has to fight in the first round" when Gil was trying to lobby for a bye.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Dr. Abysmal posted:

They have brought alternates in on TUF before but it's usually if somebody drops out right at the beginning of the season. A second chance for a loser isn't unprecedented either. I think the only way they'd give Bec a pass was if her opponent was injured at the last second or didn't make weight, it seemed like Dana was pretty set on "everybody has to fight in the first round" when Gil was trying to lobby for a bye.

It was a feature of the tournaments at one point. Kris McCray made it to the finals vs Court McGee via a wildcard spot like that.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

1st AD posted:

I'd say her inability to land clean combinations or cut angles had more to do with her losing a fight than her being unpleasant for no reason.

Maybe they are somehow related. Like if you are not focusing on your fight you will fight poorly. naaaaah

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

She always fights like that though.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
If she worried less about sleeping arrangements maybe she could learn some better footwork.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

You're not going to learn anything new in 2 weeks and have it stick, "learn better footwork" takes ages unless you've got a natural aptitude for it and are young enough where bad habits haven't had a chance to stick yet.

• Locked thread