Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

A vast majority of the cool gear in this game comes from supply drops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Mill Village posted:

A vast majority of the cool gear in this game comes from Doritos and Mountain Dew.

:colbert:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

coyo7e posted:

This is weird that people are already doing the "oh man everybody's started hating the game after only a few days!!" thing, since the first two days of the game's release it was almost nothing but people freaking out and hating on the changed mechanics and map sizes and increased movement speed etc.

This advice doesn't help me get extended mags on my pistols. :saddowns: The akimbo Atlas 45 is really pretty nice, the Grach is garbage in most circumstances (seriously it should be a three round burst instead of two - with Gung Ho you can't hit a loving thing, and hipfire kills with it tend to need you to be within 5 feet regardless,) and I haven't unlocked akimbo PDW yet but I REALLY like the automatic pistol. I wish there were akimbo RW1s though. :(

Last night I saw a guy with a camoflage exo suit, and the loadout backpack had like little trophy cannons or jump thrusters that stuck out above his butt. Anybody know what that is or where it's from? I desperately want a green exo. When I asked the guy was like "uhh I dunno which one it is or where I got it."

Might I suggest playing objective modes if you haven't tried yet? I almost always get my double and triple kills by just raining bullets on objectives with several players capping. I normally get all my SAC3 doubles this way and it only takes about three rounds of domination to get.

I imagine with the pistols its gonna be harder. I don't get the love for the PDW, it does SO LITTLE DAMAGE. Maybe akimbo its firerate will make up for its lack of damage though.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I've gotten like 5 elite exo's from supply drops.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

if you are playing this on the 360 you need to go and buy a bone immediately

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Fibby Boy posted:

I've gotten like 5 elite exo's from supply drops.

KVA Radical is the best exo

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
I made this dumb video in tribute to Cormack, the badass supersoldier. :911:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UPM4ujSAUw

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Wazzit posted:

He just ran out of blanks is all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MXOGi3qYb4

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

kevin spacey went too far imo

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

GET MY BELT SON posted:

kevin spacey went too far imo

Nah. I wanted to work for him.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Fibby Boy posted:

Nah. I wanted to work for him.

The fact that the rest of the world is apparently so inept they let him get that powerful makes me want to work with him. I don't like it but the alternatives are slim.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Wazzit posted:

Was he even in the top 3? Asking for a friend. Can't watch at work.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Wazzit posted:

Hey man war is spooky.

Also yeah, I mean Kevin Spacey was evil but his world would have been pretty sweet. Wanna live in that world.

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)

GET MY BELT SON posted:

if you are playing this on the 360 you need to go and buy a bone re-evaluate your life immediately
Done with it. Gave it another go while Destiny is offline for maintenance, and it is just a horrific un-fun piece of poo poo.

Uninstalled and unpinned to save me even being tempted to load it up, if I can't trade it in I can at least pretend it doesn't exist.

See you next November for the next fun installment!

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

far cry 4 is out soon

maybe we can hunt boars together?

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

SubponticatePoster posted:

I should be available for klan warz this weekend, though I have a service appointment with Hitler Comcast because my supposed 25mbps service is running somewhere around 1-2mpbs at the moment. Maybe I should try playing tonight, with this bad connection lag compensation might work in my favor!

How bad is the connection, exactly

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
Playing now add me on PSN

Squarpushr

Also Stu hmu

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

apparently imp zone is a really bad place to post

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

GET MY BELT SON posted:

apparently imp zone is a really bad place to post

Okay GBS guy with a Doobie Avatar and piles of sincere posts in the doob threads.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Widestancer posted:

Okay GBS guy with a Doobie Avatar and piles of sincere posts in the doob threads.

please don't troll here

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

GET MY BELT SON posted:

please don't troll here

Apparently talking about the PC version here is "trolling" for some reason I guess.

It's really fun and so far we're having a good time of it.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Widestancer posted:

Apparently talking about the PC version here is "trolling" for some reason I guess.

It's really fun and so far we're having a good time of it.

Please don't troll shame

anuj
Oct 14, 2005

~anime crew~
~R.I.P. Soap-san~
I used to play PC and post in the console thread so I don't really see what the big deal is.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
I only have it on PC and I'm posting here, try and stop me fuckers

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

I own a pc and post here what now

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Robot Randy posted:

I only have it on PC and I'm posting here, try and stop me fuckers

Please stop.

Edit: Why did nobody tell me you get a sweet scuba mask for using heavy weapons a lot?

Bumper Stickup fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 13, 2014

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

How bad is the connection, exactly
Worse than my posting

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
If you have the game on multiple platforms does your multiplayer progress carry across? Specifically from 360 to bone?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

coyo7e posted:

If you have the game on multiple platforms does your multiplayer progress carry across? Specifically from 360 to bone?

Yes, but specifically between those two and between Playstations.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Fibby Boy posted:

Please stop.

Edit: Why did nobody tell me you get a sweet scuba mask for using heavy weapons a lot?

I know where you live hell bitch idiot.

A bunch of challenge completion challenges give cosmetics, you can preview them in the challenges menu.

Also is there a way to get a permanent red baron helmet or is it just a temp thing?

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

you'll not want to equip the red poo poo on the chance you get a supply drop

I think there's an achievement or something for equipping all of it though

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Bagpuss_UK posted:

Done with it. Gave it another go while Destiny is offline for maintenance, and it is just a horrific un-fun piece of poo poo.

Uninstalled and unpinned to save me even being tempted to load it up, if I can't trade it in I can at least pretend it doesn't exist.

See you next November for the next fun installment!

:(

Maybe you will play Modern Warfare 3 with me now the next time I invite you.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

what's everyone's favorite beer? I like Miller Lite since apparently it's the reason my old man shacked up with my mom. welp, peace

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
bud light platinum

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Anything but Miller Lite.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Robot Randy posted:

I know where you live hell bitch idiot.

A bunch of challenge completion challenges give cosmetics, you can preview them in the challenges menu.

Also is there a way to get a permanent red baron helmet or is it just a temp thing?

Pretty sure it's just temp.

Also you's the bitch.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Aphrodite posted:

Anything but Miller Lite.

:cmon:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Freaquency posted:

what's everyone's favorite beer? I like Miller Lite since apparently it's the reason my old man shacked up with my mom. welp, peace

I enjoy Das Wunderkind from Jester King Brewery, but it's hard to get ahold of: http://jesterkingbrewery.com/beers/#beers_185

Lacking that King Cobra.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

I only post in the top 3 :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Cue a bunch of people posting random craft beers noones ever heard of to sound cultured. Its part of the cycle but its cool

• Locked thread