Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

At least now I don't feel as bad about Milos getting handled by Federer yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
Pleeeease hold your serve now Andy. Don't finish your year with a double bagel. :smith:

EDIT :buddy: at least not the double

fancyclown fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Nov 13, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

fancyclown posted:

Pleeeease hold your serve now Andy. Don't finish your year with a double bagel. :smith:

So, 6-0 6-1 then.

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

So, 6-0 6-1 then.

Still embarassing but not the first double bagel in his career.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

For all the talk of upsets this year, the old guard have been taking everyone to the woodshed in London. Hopefully the semis will be more contentious!

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
Federer v Wawrinka is doing a good job making up for all the terrible round robin matches.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Stan in being a huge choker shocker

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

We are getting what we missed from the US Open, hopefully Federer can recover and tomorrow won't be a total rout

Resonance
Dec 17, 2002

Don't give me any shit about plumbers, Jan.
oh poo poo, Federer's pulled out of the final!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/30074849

return0
Apr 11, 2007
"Djokovic will play British number one Andy Murray in an exhibition match live on BBC Two from 18:00 GMT."

6-0 6-0 Novak imo

Resonance
Dec 17, 2002

Don't give me any shit about plumbers, Jan.
Think it's some first to 8 superset bollocks though.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Lol McEnroe with Murray after vs Henman/Cash.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
well that was a really lovely WTFs.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Yea this was the worst wtf since I started watching tennis. It got good with the semis but then got even more disappointing. The lovely thing is this might have hosed Switzerland out of the Davis Cup as well.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Hirez posted:

Lol McEnroe with Murray after vs Henman/Cash.
Best moment was the game where McEnroe sat out a point to make it 1 vs. 2, then went round the other side of the net to make it 1 vs. 3.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Over a month without any posts, this thread fell to page 5 in my bookmarks.

FWIW, Australian Open's Youtube channel televised the wildcard matches: https://www.youtube.com/user/australianopentv/videos

Here are the finals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVJmbzCKebo

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Serena has decided to play at Indian Wells this year. First time since the infamous incident in 2001: http://time.com/3694659/serena-williams-indian-wells/

Borachon
Jun 15, 2011

Whiskey Powered
Will the linespeople be instructed to ignore all foot faults she commits?

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

I am still determined to be cheerful and happy. Run along now.
Nadal playing like absolute poo poo in Rio.

:buddy:

P.S. his short shorts are terrible

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Rio looks like a boring-rear end tournament and I'm mad that Tennis Channel are showing pretty much just that and Delray, and pretty much ignoring Marseille which looks really fun.

i'm not going to enjoy clay season btw

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

I will enjoy it very much if Nadal loses everything.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Nadal, Ferrer, and Federer winning titles on the same weekend means I am once again depressed at the state of modern tennis.

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

This year will be the same year as the previous ten years. I am sorry, Alain Post.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I just want people to charge the net and for all the doping Spainards to go away, Buddy Holly. I am sad about tennis.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

This era of tennis is over.

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

The best part was the chewing guy blocking the camera shot of the kid.

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

Although the high five guy was good too.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

This kid has more shots than 99% of the WTA.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Rafa "the fraud" Nadal is out, and by Milos, too. Good result.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Alain Post posted:

Rafa "the fraud" Nadal is out, and by Milos, too. Good result.

Just got home and heard about this. I need to find a replay somewhere. :canada:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Serena pulling out with a "knee injury" before the semis, the exact same thing that Venus did in 2001 that lead to all the drama. :tinfoil:

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Man Murray got whacked. I don't think I've ever seen him hit that many unforced errors in such a short amount of games. Djokovic looked to be moving and playing well but not that well. Hopefully Federer wins against Milos. I really like Federer/Djokovic matches.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Assuming you're not watching the NCAA tourney or Barcelona/Real Madrid, the Djokovic/Federer final at Indian Wells just started. Coverage on ESPN.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

This has been such an up and down match. It's been pretty good in stretches but so weird in others.

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
Some big UFEs on Roger's last game to get broken for the championship.

Congrats Novak, you're putting together quite a long run at #1. He's basically the prototypical hardcourt death machine.

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

Djokovic-Murray finals are the future of tennis.

:geno:

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
This is a depressing repeat of the AO final. Murray loses tight first set, wins tight second, unravels in third. Oh well. :(

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Novak is a dope freak.

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
And you always get your hope up for nothing, NOTHING. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Alain Post posted: