Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Valve please put all of these in the game and let it die with a bang instead of a whimper

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Otacon posted:

If you have spells still and haven't booted up TF2 since yesterday, the spells exist UNTIL you open TF2. You can trade them to an alt account (and never open TF2 on that account) and still have your spells. Then, while TF2 is open on your main, have your alt trade you the spells - you'll be able to apply them to items! But! If you don't use the spell, upon closing and restarting TF2 it will disappear.

This used to work, but IIRC last year they changed all the spells to be untradeable once the event ended. Unless they forgot to do that again this year?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

This used to work, but IIRC last year they changed all the spells to be untradeable once the event ended. Unless they forgot to do that again this year?

According to backpack.tf, the spells are sitting in my alt's account and they're not flagged to be untradable yet. Dunno what else to tell you.

Pickle dicker
May 25, 2014

by XyloJW
Why are the Halloween crates still available for purchase in the store? :raise:

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

a cock shaped fruit posted:

However, Mopheus ain't wearin' them.

You take the red pill, and KABLOOIE!

My "Fat Scout's Soda Popper" name/description doesn't work now that the soda popper has new stats, but I think I've found a new description. Now I just need a name to tag. And maybe some Matrix names/descs for the sticky launcher and melees...

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Nov 13, 2014

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Paul MaudDib posted:

You take the red pill, and KABLOOIE!

My "Fat Scout's Soda Popper" name/description doesn't work now that the soda popper has new stats, but I think I've found a new description. Now I just need a name to tag. And maybe some Matrix names/descs for the sticky launcher and melees...

"Fat Scout's Crit-A-Cola"? Unless you're talking about something other than the steak.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Otacon posted:

According to backpack.tf, the spells are sitting in my alt's account and they're not flagged to be untradable yet. Dunno what else to tell you.

Why can't they just leave them tradeable and just leave them in everyone's backpacks? They only work on Full Moons now.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
"The Rabbit Hole"

"You take the red pill, and KABLOOIE!"

SBL ideas? Melee ideas?

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I think Valve seeded the Halloween unusuals a bit odd because that one I got? The Big Elfin Deal with Phantasms Jr.? There's at least three of them in existence. With the rarity of unusuals, the number of Halloween effects (what, 7?) and the goddamn hundreds of hats possible, that should be extremely unlikely right?

Every Halloween it has been substantially more likely to get one of the new Halloween effects rather than an older Halloween effects. When I unboxed a hat in 2012, a Secret Billycock, like four of them were unboxed after I unboxed the first one.

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

"Was the stylish bandit who robbed a country McDonalds in a navy suit and balaclava while wielding a knife dressed up as a [Team Fortress 2] character?"

no

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...huge-knife.html

Newly unveiled security footage proves that the Spy was at the scene of the crime.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
I ran into no less than 4 Heavies using the Buffalo Steak Sandvich exploit today.

My team still managed to win several times in a row :thumbsup:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Wait, they still haven't fixed that stupid exploit?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
This isn't the stupid one with dispensers pushing you into the cabinet. This is a new, much stupider exploit that lets you put a primary weapon into your melee slot and then force melee with the buffalo steak.

Pickle dicker
May 25, 2014

by XyloJW

Saoshyant posted:

Wait, they still haven't fixed that stupid exploit?

Nope. Fat scout can now go faster, with mini-crits and a minigun :dance:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Baron von Eevl posted:

This isn't the stupid one with dispensers pushing you into the cabinet. This is a new, much stupider exploit that lets you put a primary weapon into your melee slot and then force melee with the buffalo steak.

Yea I noticed that last night when I was playing, and honestly, while it's obviously unintentional, the 'double fall-off' penalty plus spread that miniguns have at longer ranges make it no where near as bad as you think it would be. Additionally it only works right outside of spawn, and can't be done at will, so overall it's a neat trick, but not all that useful.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Baron von Eevl posted:

This is a new, much stupider exploit that lets you put a primary weapon into your melee slot
Does it only work with heavy? Otherwise I could see someone putting the rocket jumper in their melee slot while keeping a real rocket launcher.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Collateral Damage posted:

Does it only work with heavy? Otherwise I could see someone putting the rocket jumper in their melee slot while keeping a real rocket launcher.

They could, but it doesn't do anything because you can't select the glitched melee slot yourself.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
How do you do this. I must know. It sounds amazing.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

How do you do this. I must know. It sounds amazing.

QwertySanchez posted:

So there's a bug right now where if you go to your items, pick a weapon slot and view the entire backpack you can equip a primary in any slot. Though you can't select them, which limits it to passive stuff. Demoman with Grenade Launcher, Sticky Launcher and booties for 200 health, Heavy can eat a steak and instead of using gloves he can switches back to the minigun. If you're on the Halloween Doomsday map for the last few minutes it'll be played, then when everyone gets switched to melee, if you've got a gun in that slot you can ruin a lot of people's fun.

There's really not much you can do with it except minicrit heavy. I tried Scattergun-Pistol-BFB scout but I didn't get the boost meter. Maybe you can pull out your glitched 2nd primary by running out of ammo on your other weapons?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
You could probably go backburner/flare gun pyro with degreaser in the melee slot for the faster weapon swith.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Baron von Eevl posted:

You could probably go backburner/flare gun pyro with degreaser in the melee slot for the faster weapon swith.

Full loadout Demoman with the parachute might be nice I guess?

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

All you can do is the Heavy exploit and weaponless Demoman by having the parachute as your primary, a shield and your choice of booties in the melee slot.

The parachute only works as a primary, but the booties still give you 25 extra health in the melee slot.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.

Powercrazy posted:

Yea I noticed that last night when I was playing, and honestly, while it's obviously unintentional, the 'double fall-off' penalty plus spread that miniguns have at longer ranges make it no where near as bad as you think it would be. Additionally it only works right outside of spawn, and can't be done at will, so overall it's a neat trick, but not all that useful.

I'm sure one of the Heavies seemed to be doing it at will. He was nowhere near spawn when he had the crits (well, nowhere near his spawn, at least) and he got them pretty frequently, unless he kept running back in the time it took me to respawn. :shrug:

No. No more dancing!
Jun 15, 2006
Let 'er rip, dude!
You can eat the steak anywhere, it has a fairly fast recharge time, and you can instantly refill it by picking up any medkit while at full health. Mini-crits also don't have damage fall-off.

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

It works whenever you use the Buffalo Steak Sandvich, so every 30(?) seconds. However long it takes to recharge.

EDIT: Yeah, what he said.

This video shows pretty much the only other thing you can do with the exploit. Exciting!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Hoyt Hoyterson posted:

You can eat the steak anywhere, it has a fairly fast recharge time, and you can instantly refill it by picking up any medkit while at full health. Mini-crits also don't have damage fall-off.

On the other hand, pubbies appear to perform markedly better against minicrit heavies than normal ones, possibly because the giant glowing gun encourages better play.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Can you equip two shields on the demo for infinite damage resistance?

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Shields are not primary weapons, so no.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
Can you equip the BFB for the speed boost with a regular scatter?

e: Sadly, no :(

CoolCab fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Nov 13, 2014

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Quick, someone go dig up the source for randomizer and modify it so we can build completely custom loadouts.. store the values in aliases so weird combos can be passed around easily.

This is obviously a thing that the TF2 community craves.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Sadly you can't equip multiple shields for stupid high burn/explosive resistances, or multiple boots for high health demos

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I equipped my Demo with one of these bugged combos and now the game crashes whenever I try to play demo or open his loadout. :(

Not sure if there's a way to edit loadout slots in a file or if I have to delete one of my demo items.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I equipped my Demo with one of these bugged combos and now the game crashes whenever I try to play demo or open his loadout. :(

Not sure if there's a way to edit loadout slots in a file or if I have to delete one of my demo items.

Have you tried asking God to forgive your horrible cheater sins

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I wish I still had the original version, but this tiny one is the best killcam I ever got when I made a sentry kill it's engie

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Fixed the crash by deleting the splendid screen in my secondary slot and then changing out the loch n load that was in my melee slot.

I wouldn't mess around with that bug if I was anyone here. I think the only other way of fixing it would be to trade the item to someone and then get it back from them.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
"You know I'm a pretty decent Demoman, I bet these cheating Heavies would be easy pickin-" leaves spawn, walks into 3 cheating Heavy/Medic combos.

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

Update! :toot:
[quote
- Fixed a dedicated server crash caused by clients disconnecting while touching a trigger_hurt entity
- Fixed an exploit that involved players killing teammates with the meteor spell by switching to Spectator
- Fixed a bug that allowed weapons to be equipped in invalid loadout slots

Note missed from the previous update:
- Fixed a rendering problem for Linux clients using AMD drivers
[/quote]

The crate for the End of the Line update has also been added! :woop:

Magypsy fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Nov 13, 2014

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Is that boxcar-crate... full of... potatos?

Anyway, neat! I'm really stoked for this event, more than most TF2 things for some reason.

We're getting a LOT of TF2 stuff around now. End of the Line, the inevitable christmas update (though maybe those two things will be combined?), whenever they get around to "releasing" that moon-base game mode and Cactus Canyon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Holy poo poo, is this... THE END OF THE LINE?????

• Locked thread