Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Is anyone else bothered by how stuffed up PFT sounds on I Was There Too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

No? i didn't notice at all. Other than that I knew most of the frame of the story from Laboring Under Delusions, but its PFT and he is never not delightful.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I liked the second episode of The Canon because it's a trickier subject. Devin is in a strange position of having to defend a movie that actually has racist and sexist overtones and does nothing with them. Temple of Doom is really aping those old serials, and you can defend that stuff on those grounds, but the flipside to that is that you can't just cry 'Homage!' and have it justify those choices.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Is anyone else bothered by how stuffed up PFT sounds on I Was There Too?

Nothing about PFT can ever bother me. I surrender willingly to his mustache.

Same goes for Matt Gourley, sans mustache.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
I just discovered Rafflecast and it sure is something :stare:.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The two It Will Probably Get Loud episodes with Brian Huskey are my favourite Rafflecast episodes and it's sad we'll never get more. The Breakfast In Bed With Scott one with Gil Ozeri is great too

Actually looking through the list a bunch of them are great and I dunno why no one was listening to it

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
My favorite Rafflecast is the Johnny Bananas Writers' Room

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

It Will Prob Get Loud episodes are basically a prequel to U Talking U2. Just non-stop ridicule of Thedge.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
They seem to be releasing the new Affirmation Nation's out of order because it's taken 3 epis for Bob to clarify that it's like it was, but longer. My month of deep confusion is finally over.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I'm glad the McConaughey movies Maltin recommends in the most recent episode of his podcast are the ones he did. On a recent episode of Doug Loves Movies they were listing McConaughey movies and these didn't come up at all, and they're far and away my favorites he's been in.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Eddie Pepitone is a treasure. I love him, his new special is great, and he's a breath of fresh air to a Who Charted who's been dragging a bit (that Red Eye lady was awful).

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

The best rafflecasts are the DJ going over a bunch of song title ones

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Drunkboxer posted:

I'm glad the McConaughey movies Maltin recommends in the most recent episode of his podcast are the ones he did. On a recent episode of Doug Loves Movies they were listing McConaughey movies and these didn't come up at all, and they're far and away my favorites he's been in.

IMO Maltin loves movies more than Doug

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Power of Pecota posted:

The best rafflecasts are the DJ going over a bunch of song title ones

Which also contains the first mention of that Pepper Men standard, "Abracadabralifornia (Bingabong Burbank)"

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

IMO Maltin loves movies more than Doug

It also must be killing doug that Baron gets to do this show and not him.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The PSA following Bob Ducca's list of hip-hop nicknames on the latest Affirmation Nation was the hardest I've laughed at anything in ages. I had to pause it to collect myself at one point.

"Gunshots? Really?" "The system is doing this, Bob. I can't control it at this point."

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
It's almost as good as episode 130 of the initial run. Plus a nice cameo by Engineer Cody Cody.

I hope they have more of those. The interactions between Bob Ducca and a fellow new age moron are funny but he's at his best against someone who thinks he's full of poo poo.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I was sad that Maltin didn't talk about Frailty as a McConaughey sleeper. Really underrated movie, and he's quite good in it.

I really didn't like Mud at all. I thought he and the two kids did excellent jobs, but I found it incredibly boring and really pointless by the end.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

ArtVandelay posted:

I was sad that Maltin didn't talk about Frailty as a McConaughey sleeper. Really underrated movie, and he's quite good in it.

I really didn't like Mud at all. I thought he and the two kids did excellent jobs, but I found it incredibly boring and really pointless by the end.
Much like u playing hbd

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Politicalrancor posted:

Much like u playing hbd

:negative:

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

1 minute into ep2 of the Stallone thing; I guess the bit is that Stallone never shows up? Sigh.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I was kind of disappointed too but I've really liked the last few episodes

I guess he probably will actually show up in the final episode or something though

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Ohhh gently caress ep 2 of I Was There Too just plopped. Ricco Ross (AKA private Frost) talking about Aliens. I can't loving wait to listen to this.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
It was a fun listen. Very likeable guy.

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
I was there too is bi-weekly from now on :smith:. Makes sense given the format though. Dont want to blow through possible guests and have to stop or slowdown more.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Ohhh gently caress ep 2 of I Was There Too just plopped. Ricco Ross (AKA private Frost) talking about Aliens. I can't loving wait to listen to this.

A little bird told me Pvt. Vasquez is going to record an interview as well.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

a worthy uhh posted:

1 minute into ep2 of the Stallone thing; I guess the bit is that Stallone never shows up? Sigh.

Paul Scheer has broken a lot of hearts, and I don't think he should be allowed to get away with it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
He needs to be a man

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

tnimark posted:

It was a fun listen. Very likeable guy.

Yeah, really cool ep. I especially liked the stories behind "Heath" and Arcturian Poontang. I wish they'd spoken more about the James Remar thing. The "creative differences" were about his drug problem, right?

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

A little bird told me Pvt. Vasquez is going to record an interview as well.

Awesome.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Matt Besser knows what happens to Master Blaster right?

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love

Politicalrancor posted:

about as well as he understands what happens to The Coward of the County i guess

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Politicalrancor posted:

I dunno, they included a quote at the end that seemed kind of self-deprecating, if he knew about it. At least Besser is outright saying that he isn't interested in discussing the subject after that segment, not that he has an utterly correct opinion and should be listened to from now on, like some tiresome comedy-ideologues that are around nowadays. Besser is Funny and can stay that way, old man opinions aside.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

UP AND ADAM posted:

I dunno, they included a quote at the end that seemed kind of self-deprecating, if he knew about it. At least Besser is outright saying that he isn't interested in discussing the subject after that segment, not that he has an utterly correct opinion and should be listened to from now on, like some tiresome comedy-ideologues that are around nowadays. Besser is Funny and can stay that way, old man opinions aside.

That does seem ironic that he's being singled out for it considering the sheer amount of what you're mentioning in the comedy world today that people love.

Beeez fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Nov 16, 2014

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Where else can I find Zach Woods improv? His I4H appearances have always been great, and there was an entire episode segmented around him being a genius improviser, but I've only seen him on The Office outside of I4H.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad
Not improv but Zach Woods is funny on Silicon Valley.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

GobiasIndustries posted:

Where else can I find Zach Woods improv? His I4H appearances have always been great, and there was an entire episode segmented around him being a genius improviser, but I've only seen him on The Office outside of I4H.

He did an improv night with Lennon Parham and Jessica St. Clair and some of the cast of Playing House before its premier some time ago.

ChetReckless
Sep 16, 2009

That is precisely the thing to do, Avatar.

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Yeah, really cool ep. I especially liked the stories behind "Heath" and Arcturian Poontang. I wish they'd spoken more about the James Remar thing. The "creative differences" were about his drug problem, right?

According to this, this is the quote he gave on the Sidebar podcast that Matt mentioned:

James Remar posted:

I had a terrible drug problem, but I got through it. I had a great career and personal life, and messed it up with a terrible drug habit… I was initially cast as Corporal Hicks, and I was fired after a couple weeks of filming because I got busted for possession of drugs, and Michael Biehn replaced me.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Hollywood Handbook, stay propped up for PR purposes forever please.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

You guys might want to plug your ears when Paul Scheer does the post-credit sequence for "Oops, I Married A Van Helsing". Way too scary.

#skellingtonskish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

ManoliIsFat posted:

Eddie Pepitone is a treasure. I love him, his new special is great, and he's a breath of fresh air to a Who Charted who's been dragging a bit (that Red Eye lady was awful).

Who charted can be hit or miss but two charted has been just killing it for the last few months.