Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Like that narrator lady knows how to pronounce anything! She's Fi like "fee" and nobody can convince my otherwise!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

Like that narrator lady knows how to pronounce anything! She's Fi like "fee" and nobody can convince my otherwise!

Yeah the narrator obviously doesn't know what the hell she's doing.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

I don't think they forgot LttP/Oracle, I think it was more that they were focusing on the 3D Zeldas because it's easier to make stages from them, and that these would appeal more to the fans. Ignoring Wind Waker of course because of obvious art style clashing, which is probably the only reason there weren't Wind Waker levels/characters.

Ralph is the obvious choice if they wanted to add an Oracles character, but who would they add from LttP? Agahnim maybe? Blind? There weren't really any other hero characters aside from Sahasrahla.

If I can't play as Ricky in some fashion then no sale. :colbert:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Another Amiibo update: the JP Amiibo patch will go up on December 6, and they've confirmed that Toon Link also unlocks the Spinner.

There's still no solid date for the NA/EU patch but Dec.6 is the same day as the Amiibo launch in Japan, so it seems like the patch might roll out on the Amiibo launch date for each respective territory.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Cool, I can buy Toon Link instead.

But alas, this means there is not a Toon Link costume... I just want Link in the Outset pajamas.

Llednar Twem
Jan 5, 2013
Well, I just finished Adventure Mode. Full A ranks, heart containers, and skultulas. Honestly, a lot of the hardest tasks were weapon unlocks, so if you can get all of those nothing else should really be much worse. In the main game, anyway. I don't have the DLC yet, but will probably be buying the pack before long now that I'm mostly out of stuff to do in the base game. If only I could somehow get it with this Gamestop gift card I've had lying around since last Christmas.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
You could get an eShop prepaid card at Gamestop with it, couldn't you? Or do they not let you buy cards with a gift card?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Can someone give me advice on Great Fairy Level 3? I'm just taking too much damage when I do it. I never have that problem with other characters usually.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Fritzler posted:

Can someone give me advice on Great Fairy Level 3? I'm just taking too much damage when I do it. I never have that problem with other characters usually.

Abuse the invicibility frames. During any charge attack he's completely invincible. Use X, and then YYYX for crowds of enemies, and YYYYXfor bosses if you can't connect with the bombs reliably. The bombs are, in my opinion, the best charge attack to use, because everything else just takes too long for not enough damage. Remember to have the X attack active when you're using Specials and Focus Spirits.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

mabels big day posted:

To expand on this, each of your combos summons one of the monsters. Your C1 summons Dodongo, C2 Manhandla, C3 Gohma, and C4 Argorock. When you press the strong attack button to summon a monster, it will power up the respective combo. So, if you summon Gohma with your strong attack, and then do the C3 right afterwards, you will summon not one Gohma, but three, and the attack will be a lot stronger.

Sometimes it's a matter of using the strong attack to randomly cycle through the monsters until you get the one you want (the one you want is almost always Argorock)

Just to reduce confusion, add one number to all of these. Strong Attack by itself is C1, so Dodongo is C2, Manhandla is C3, etc. It correlates to the "Strength #" bonuses.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Just to reduce confusion, add one number to all of these. Strong Attack by itself is C1, so Dodongo is C2, Manhandla is C3, etc. It correlates to the "Strength #" bonuses.

Oh, I didn't know the proper way to call those things. I figured C was supposed to be combo, and referred to how many times you hit weak attack before strong attack. My bad.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I was about to write a Mambo 5 parody called combo 5 replacing the names of the women in the song with the names of Hyrule Warriors characters and decided not to. This has been your bailed on poorly considered Zelda parody for this page of the thread.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

mabels big day posted:

Oh, I didn't know the proper way to call those things. I figured C was supposed to be combo, and referred to how many times you hit weak attack before strong attack. My bad.

Yeah, that would make sense, but the Strength weapon abilities get confusing if you think like that. I still get confused.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

They'll probably save stuff like LTTP for the inevitable, much expanded sequel. That happens with all of these spin off games, the sequel has a ton more content. Hyrule Warriors just happens to be really good by default, not a moderately Ok test bed for the concept like other spin offs.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
If there's a sequel, someone really needs a Cane of Somaria weapon. Crush people with blocks. Summon blocks under people to catapult them into the sky. Have blocks fall from the heavens like meteors.

I would also like to see the Rod of Seasons as a weapon where X changes the season in the rod and gives all the other charge moves a different effect/hitbox/element/whatever.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

MarquiseMindfang posted:

If there's a sequel, someone really needs a Cane of Somaria weapon. Crush people with blocks. Summon blocks under people to catapult them into the sky. Have blocks fall from the heavens like meteors.

I always figured that Lana's book was meant to be the block pushing puzzle weapon of the game. Her focus special attack is even those spinning floor tiles from the 2D Zeldas.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

a cartoon duck posted:

Her focus special attack is even those spinning floor tiles from the 2D Zeldas.

:aaaaa:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Yeah a lot of people complain about Lana not being a very "zelda" character but all of her movesets have a bunch of stuff from zelda games, like that block stuff, and the deku spear being like every deku related item in every game. I hope she gets a flute weapon for the Oracle DLC, which is definitely going to happen, and it summons Ricky, Moosh, and Dimitri for her to ride on.

What's everyone's legitimately most wanted character for the TP DLC? I'm really hoping for the sumo wrestling ox mayor that gives you the iron boots. "Human Midna" should just be an alternate weapon for Midna.

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

a cartoon duck posted:

I always figured that Lana's book was meant to be the block pushing puzzle weapon of the game. Her focus special attack is even those spinning floor tiles from the 2D Zeldas.
:psyboom: Thats kinda ingenious. Also if they make a sequel I'd want the plot to be even more nonsensical and stupid-amazing

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

mabels big day posted:

What's everyone's legitimately most wanted character for the TP DLC? I'm really hoping for the sumo wrestling ox mayor that gives you the iron boots. "Human Midna" should just be an alternate weapon for Midna.

I genuinely want Malo. Make it happen Nintendo.

Malo is the Groose of Twilight Princess.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

mabels big day posted:

What's everyone's legitimately most wanted character for the TP DLC?

I don't care how or what has to be done, just Twilight Princess Midna. That's it. Don't mess this up, Omega.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Malo, that one lady knight (Ashei?), Yeto or Yeta, and last but definitely not least, the clawshot minigame guy that wishes you would stop playing his game because you keep winning.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Wait no forget everything - that clown man with the pot belly who runs the cannon.

Those three girls who fall in love with Link and scream and run away when he comes near them.

Twilight Princess was a good game. :colbert:

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
I've never played TP I'm just excited to get a new character

Shame we don't know who it is yet :(

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I feel you could make a decent character out of the nerd by giving him a moveset based on the statue-controlling rod. His focus special attack could even be the giant statues from the Gohma boss fight.

My gut says it'll be uncursed Midna though. The fairy weapon already has Link as the chest-opening animation and I'm not sure they want an uncursed Midna weapon only to have imp Midna to open chests and stuff.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

I feel you could make a decent character out of the nerd by giving him a moveset based on the statue-controlling rod. His focus special attack could even be the giant statues from the Gohma boss fight.

My gut says it'll be uncursed Midna though. The fairy weapon already has Link as the chest-opening animation and I'm not sure they want an uncursed Midna weapon only to have imp Midna to open chests and stuff.

Personally I think twilight princess version of Midna is really lame, and she only shows up for one cutscene at the end of the game. The imp version is a lot cooler and iconic.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

The DLC was supposed to come out today, correct? Ninty seems to be dragging its heels...

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie

Not a Children posted:

The DLC was supposed to come out today, correct? Ninty seems to be dragging its heels...

I don't think there was a date announced, just 'November', and I feel like they'd release a trailer before the DLC. I'm guessing a trailer drop tomorrow/next week and the DLC on the last week of November.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Not a Children posted:

Are you thinking of the Mario Kart DLC? Nothing was announced about HW yet.

Honestly I don't think they'll do the other version of Midna. It seems like they wouldn't bother with wasting their choice of one character slot for this DLC on her.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Kurui Reiten posted:

They'll probably save stuff like LTTP for the inevitable, much expanded sequel. That happens with all of these spin off games, the sequel has a ton more content. Hyrule Warriors just happens to be really good by default, not a moderately Ok test bed for the concept like other spin offs.

Yeah. This game is really close to One Piece Pirate Warriors and they basically used the first game to lay the foundation then the second game like tripled the roster. Not that Zelda has quite as much of a cast to call on, but if they do a sequel I would expect at the very least a ton of more weapons.

Not a Children posted:

I don't remember them saying anything beyond "November" but if they expect anyone to play it before the next DLC comes out then they only have like a week to release it.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Jibo posted:

Not that Zelda has quite as much of a cast to call on, but if they do a sequel I would expect at the very least a ton of more weapons.

When you have "bug sidequest girl Agitha" as a playable character, you've set a certain precedence that anyone is possible.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I was under the impression that the DLC was gonna come out on the 21st along with the patch that adds in amiibo support

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
What's this C# terminology I see in the thread? I'm new to Warriors games and I'm having a rough time following along.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wildtortilla posted:

What's this C# terminology I see in the thread? I'm new to Warriors games and I'm having a rough time following along.

It is "Charge."

Basically Charge 2 is Weak Attack->Strong Attack. Charge 3 is Weak-Weak-Strong, ect.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Wildtortilla posted:

It refers to the combos, since each combo finishes in a strong attack.

C1 is just a straight strong attack without basic attacks.
C2 is one basic and one strong. (It's called C2 because there's two inputs.)
C3 is two basics, one strong.
etc.

It corresponds to the slot bonuses too. Strength II buffs the C2 attack (i.e. one basic, one strong).

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Wildtortilla posted:

It's your different heavy attacks. C1 is the basic heavy attack you do when not attacking, such as Sheik's songs or Link's spin. C2 is the heavy you do after attacking once, C2 after attacking twice, etc.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Wildtortilla posted:

C1 = Strong Attack (Y)
C2 = BY
C3 = BBY
C4 = BBBY
C5 = BBBBY

Edit: You guys type too fast <:mad:>

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Wildtortilla posted:

It refers to the combos the way the strength II, III, etc. skills on weapons do. BY for example is C2, BBBY is C4, and so on. Sometimes people refer to a non-combo strong attack as C1.

Edit: Lots of people still reading this thread, looks like!

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I hope this was all clear to you Wildtortilla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Abuse the invicibility frames. During any charge attack he's completely invincible. Use X, and then YYYX for crowds of enemies, and YYYYXfor bosses if you can't connect with the bombs reliably. The bombs are, in my opinion, the best charge attack to use, because everything else just takes too long for not enough damage. Remember to have the X attack active when you're using Specials and Focus Spirits.
Thanks man, I think I just needed a break, because I got it on my first try today. Then played my last weapon level on regular adventure mode (Lana's Gate III), and I nailed that the first time. I love the summoning gate so much.

• Locked thread