Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
transit nav is still broken but apparently theres now better integration with uber

thanks for subtly encouraging me to kill the planet or smth google

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

the google authenticator logo is OK by me and i don't mind having it on my homescreen, this new maps icon is garbage though, google you aren't very good at design

pram
Jun 10, 2001
authy is better

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
amazing gay glasses

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

duTrieux. posted:

did one of their engineers slap this together in a dew-fueld haze

this was A/B tested against a thousand computer-generated variations and is the clear evolutionary winner

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

pram posted:

authy is better

yeah authy is better but i don't give enough of a gently caress to actually migrate all that poo poo over to authy for the exact same feature set, maybe authy won't delete all my tokens though like google did that time

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

pram posted:

authy is better
authy does own not gonna lie

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

The Management posted:

this was A/B tested against a thousand computer-generated variations and is the clear evolutionary winner

because evolution always finds efficient soluti

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

duTrieux. posted:

because evolution always finds efficient soluti

is that a furry turd

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

authy is the thing that subverts the point of 2FA by storing your second factor on somebody else's server, right?

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

is that a furry turd

close enough

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

The Management posted:

that's what they said they did but they really just picked the very first icon cuz they know they do everything perfectly on the first try

pram
Jun 10, 2001

pseudorandom name posted:

authy is the thing that subverts the point of 2FA by storing your second factor on somebody else's server, right?

i think you mean the cloud

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

"hey this os we wrote wasn't designed for touchscreens, maybe we should rewrite it, lol gently caress it"

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

The Leck posted:

white stripes really got nerdy

your apps are wide open
and your cards have been stolen by the boys
who took it out and bought everything they want now

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

duTrieux. posted:

a dew-fuel'd haze

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

has the inbox team been dismantled and been moved to new projects yet

pram
Jun 10, 2001
the inbox team is clearly the google+ team

trinary
Jul 21, 2003

College Slice
yeah they're all headed here to work on space robots

quote:

Google has signed a 60-year lease for an historic Navy blimp hangar near its Silicon Valley headquarters.
It will pay $1.16 billion over the life of the lease and invest $200 million in renovations in Hangar One. The landmark building is visible to drivers taking the main route between San Francisco and San Jose.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/11/11/technology/google-navy-blimp-hangar/index.html

Axel Rhodes Scholar
May 12, 2001

Courage Reactor

duTrieux. posted:

did one of their engineers slap this together in a dew-fueld haze

i can't find a copy of it but on a pre-release version of this icon the designer messed up the colour of the circle inside the pin (made it grey) and it looked normal on his computer screen but when you saw it on your actual iphone there was this weird optical effect that was literally uncomfortable. hard to describe but you'd look at the icon and it just felt physically bad.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

they finally managed to hire gaben

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

dazjw posted:

i can't find a copy of it but on a pre-release version of this icon the designer messed up the colour of the circle inside the pin (made it grey) and it looked normal on his computer screen but when you saw it on your actual iphone there was this weird optical effect that was literally uncomfortable. hard to describe but you'd look at the icon and it just felt physically bad.

stebes undying eye in unblinking judgement

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

PCjr sidecar posted:

stebes undying eye in unblinking judgement

pbuh

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
poo bear

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

https://support.google.com/wallet/business/answer/6107573

When we first launched Google Wallet for digital goods, we wanted to make it simple for users and merchants to buy and sell online. The industry has matured a lot since then, providing a number of alternative payment solutions to choose from.

As we continue to evolve and improve our merchant tools to meet new market challenges in the payments space, we are writing to let you know we will be retiring the Google Wallet for digital goods API on March 2, 2015.

Is Google offering a replacement product?

No, Google is not offering a replacement processing solution for digital goods on websites.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
hahahaha

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

sergei/page and other early google founders have used that as their parking lot for their airplanes for some time now

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

man this would be the perfect time to launch ur site kevin and submit it to HN

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

oops forgot the best part

What are alternative payment solutions I can use?

Because we feel that Google Wallet merchants know their buyers best, we encourage you to research payment processing solutions to best fit the needs of your buyers.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

cremnob posted:

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

man this would be the perfect time to launch ur site kevin and submit it to HN
he already launched, but you can submit wallet to his watchlist
http://didgoogleshutdown.com/

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

PCjr sidecar posted:

he already launched, but you can submit wallet to his watchlist
http://didgoogleshutdown.com/

Is proofreading some kind of lost loving art or something these days? loving hell.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

lol

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

Is proofreading some kind of lost loving art or something these days? loving hell.

i've actually been waiting for another big shut down like this to officially "launch" it. but you can re-submit any of the existing apps and i'll delete the old one. in fact i insist everyone do this with their wittiest descriptions then i will zend it to the blogs of the world.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

PleasureKevin posted:

i've actually been waiting for another big shut down like this to officially "launch" it. but you can re-submit any of the existing apps and i'll delete the old one. in fact i insist everyone do this with their wittiest descriptions then i will zend it to the blogs of the world.

quote:

Google's theory is that creating as many apps as possible, and alloiwng them to fail fast and painlessly will eventually give them another hit app. But this ignores the needs of users.

fix that poo poo

Ice_2_c_u
Sep 13, 2002

Linguica posted:

When we first launched Google Wallet for digital goods, we wanted to make it simple for users and merchants to buy and sell online. The industry has matured a lot since then, providing a number of alternative payment solutions to choose from.

As we continue to evolve and improve our merchant tools to meet new market challenges in the payments space, we are writing to let you know we will be retiring the Google Wallet for digital goods API on March 2, 2015.

No, Google is not offering a replacement processing solution for digital goods on websites.

lmao

Linguica posted:

oops forgot the best part

What are alternative payment solutions I can use?

Because we feel that Google Wallet merchants know their buyers best, we encourage you to research payment processing solutions to best fit the needs of your buyers.

lmao

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
you read it here first - google is shutting down their wallet product in stages because theyre about to embrace bitcoin companwide

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

lmfao

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Linguica posted:

I'm dead

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
Google will always provide laughs.
Discontinue a product? Lol
Start a new product? Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

The Merkinman posted:

Google will always provide laughs.
Discontinue a product? Lol
Start a new product? Lol
world of science rocked to its core as google labs invents perpetual motion machine

• Locked thread