Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

MindlessHavok posted:

The headphones/speakers = microphone is a great way to gently caress your speakers and/or sound card up.

What? No it wont. The speakers are going to suck as a microphone because of the size of the cone but it wont do anything except output a lovely signal.

If you tried using a microphone as a speaker though you would blow up the mic pretty easily im sure however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.

I hate this so much.

Xythe
Aug 4, 2010

Stop getting mad at video games. No stop insulting his mother what is wrong with you.
Oh, yes, use Youtube's advertised functions when you use Youtube on any console!
#LIFE HACKED #YOUTUBE HAX

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

New Leaf posted:

You can get an 8-pack of Zest soap for like $5.

Then you can cut them up and have like, 800 lovely soaps for $5.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

This is clearly telling you to use your phone as a remote for your computer.

Know what else is great as a youtube remote for your computer? Your loving keyboard.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

cobalt impurity posted:

Know what else is great as a youtube remote for your computer? Your loving keyboard.
You set up your keyboard to type on your smartphone, obviously.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

cobalt impurity posted:

I do this from time to time with my HTPC using a VNC client on my phone if I can't find the remote control sized keyboard/touchpad I usually control it with.

Although in that case I'm actually controlling the computer directly instead of syncing up a youtube video between two devices.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

cobalt impurity posted:

You might have a computer hooked up to your TV for watching Youtube, and a couch far away enough for a remote to be useful.

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

cobalt impurity posted:

I use it with my Blu-Ray player. That said, this "lifehack" shows up the first time you launch the app on the player, and any time you go into the search app, so you've have to be dense to miss it.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Wandle Cax posted:

You might have a computer hooked up to your TV for watching Youtube, and a couch far away enough for a remote to be useful.

I actually have such a computer/TV setup, so I tried it and at the first step (going to youtube.com/tv) it just told me "YouTube on TV is not supported on this device." :confused:

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
WE NEED THESE THINGS LOL!!! Share if u agree!

http://www.dose.com/lists/16402/26-Clever-Inventions-We-Need-To-Add-To-Our-Everyday-Lives-4-Is-A-Complete-Game-changer

13. Movie theaters that have screens in the bathroom so that you don't miss out on parts of the movie.

no one would ever piss all over the movie, ever

And oh boy, that number 4 sure is a game changer. I don't know where else I would get pizza!

Lamech has a new favorite as of 05:00 on Nov 13, 2014

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Wandle Cax posted:

drat, and here I am using a wireless keyboard like some kind of scrub.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

What the gently caress is with this site? Does the top comment get put into the article title or something?

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

quote:

5. Water fountains with spouts to fill water bottles, too.

We have fountains that do this at my university, and they don't have that retarded unnecessary backdrop thingie that looks like cheap plastic. Just a simple spout with a lever is all you loving need.

Edit: Also, number 6 seems like a great way to cause a lot of traffic accidents from douchebags who floor it when there are 1 or 2 red ticks left on the light.

Goosed it.
Nov 3, 2011

HappyKitty posted:

We have fountains that do this at my university, and they don't have that retarded unnecessary backdrop thingie that looks like cheap plastic. Just a simple spout with a lever is all you loving need.

Edit: Also, number 6 seems like a great way to cause a lot of traffic accidents from douchebags who floor it when there are 1 or 2 red ticks left on the light.

My university has ones that are exactly the same as the one in the picture. It has a sensor that automatically starts filling your water bottle and then stops when it is almost full.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

cobalt impurity posted:

More likely that's a smart TV with the YouTube app, in which case using a phone as a keyboard is really handy.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

HappyKitty posted:

I saw a video of the guy that invented that light. During that video they only have circle around the green light for just that reason. Then you can see how stale the green is. Even if you gun it there is still the yellow light.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Lamech posted:

WE NEED THESE THINGS LOL!!! Share if u agree!

http://www.dose.com/lists/16402/26-Clever-Inventions-We-Need-To-Add-To-Our-Everyday-Lives-4-Is-A-Complete-Game-changer

13. Movie theaters that have screens in the bathroom so that you don't miss out on parts of the movie.

And oh boy, that number 4 sure is a game changer. I don't know where else I would get pizza!

I don't get it, most of these already exist? Like, that's how they've gotten pictures of most of them.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
A couple of those ideas seem pretty good, like the custom 12 pack or the hooded backpack, and like, half of them I'm seen irl (I've used electrical outlets that had built in USB ports for charging for example). But there's a lot of bad ideas there too. Like the slide on the massive stairway is just asking for someone to fall off. Also, seriously who keeps having problems eating Pringles that there's dozens of hacks out there for them? Just pour them out into your hand or on a plate or something you gross nerds.

whoda thunkit
Sep 20, 2010

I was just listening to something on NPR about pressing your keychain dongle to your head to open your car door from a distance. It turns out it works because of the water in your skull deflects radio waves in a larger sphere,not (as the picture implies) because your mouth is an antennae. You can use it with a jug of milk or a watermelon with just the same effect.

You still look like a dope walking through the parking lot pressing your keys to your head though.

LosMein
Feb 15, 2006

HappyKitty posted:

We have countdowns on the red AND green lights here in Thailand. The countdowns on the red lights aren't that bad, but it is dangerous if you try to get a head start and someone else is running through the yellow/just-turned-red light.

The green light countdowns are horrible, especially when you see there are only 5 seconds left and try to speed through.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

whoda thunkit posted:

I was just listening to something on NPR about pressing your keychain dongle to your head to open your car door from a distance. It turns out it works because of the water in your skull deflects radio waves in a larger sphere,not (as the picture implies) because your mouth is an antennae. You can use it with a jug of milk or a watermelon with just the same effect.

You still look like a dope walking through the parking lot pressing your keys to your head though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uqf71muwWc

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

I love how half of those are from debunked crowdfunders and gimmick marketing campaigns. :allears:

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Lamech posted:

Are American theater bathrooms, like, behind the ticket-taker people or something? Otherwise you could just go take a poo poo and watch a movie for free.

pretty good aggro deck
Dec 31, 2007

Extinct!

TetsuoTW posted:

Are American theater bathrooms, like, behind the ticket-taker people or something? Otherwise you could just go take a poo poo and watch a movie for free.

Why would you sit on a toilet for 90+ minutes just to watch a movie?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Malf posted:

Ticket prices are expensive? :shrug:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Malf posted:

If the toilet reclined this would basically be a dream come true dude.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Malf posted:

Curry.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

TetsuoTW posted:

Generally yes, the bathrooms are for customers who buy a ticket, not the general public. Putting monitors in each stall is so incredibly stupid on so many levels it stops being funny. What would stop a kid from buying a G rated movie ticket and skipping into the shitters to watch an R rated film? How would you handle audio? Why the gently caress is it on the floor where foot traffic can oh god gently caress it :livintrope:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Choco1980 posted:

A couple of those ideas seem pretty good, like the custom 12 pack

That's not a bad idea, but on the other hand, is it so hard to just buy a 12 pack each of sprite and coke? If your food/beverage budget for the week/month is so tight that you can only afford to buy 1 12-pack at a time, then maybe it's best you cut out soda entirely.

And related to that, a couple grocery stores around my have a "make your own 6-pack" thing with beer. I feel it's a slightly better idea with beer, because you can make it out of 6 beers you've never had before and won't know if you like yet. But in general, they're too expensive. Usually $9 or $10 for a 6-pack of beers that are mid-tier, and would normally go for $7 or $7 for a 6-pack, and $11-$13 for a 12-pack.

There's a beer store near me that does something similar, but it's not a "make your own" 6-pack, they make it for you. From beers where maybe a pack got damaged, or someone stole one bottle from a 6-pack in the display case, etc... The same price range as the build your own ones at the grocery store, but 99% of the time it's better beer.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

It would never work because movie pirates would be able to simply take a capture setup and tools for disassembling the floor into the bathroom, instead of having to walk all the way to the projection booth and slip some kid a $20.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Who goes out to the movie theater just to walk out of the movie and spend so long taking a poo poo that they miss a substantial part of the film?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
You're all missing the bigger problem. What about the thirty seconds between leaving the theatre and arriving at the bathroom? Clearly the movies should be projected in the hallways as well. All of the movies currently playing, projected onto the corridor walls, overlapping each other with all of the soundtracks playing at once.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Lamech posted:

1. Parking garages with lights the indicate which spaces are open and/or occupied.

The Garden State Plaza has these. They don't work very well. :geno:

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Really? BWI airport has them and they are amazing.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

bunnielab posted:

BWI is the only place I've seen where they work properly.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Lots of parking garages in Los Angeles have these but nobody seems to notice they exist. I'll be in someone else's car while they're looking for a parking spot and I'll be like "there's an open spot in the next row over" and they think I'm a wizard.

Life hack: use your eyes to look at things and gather information about your surroundings

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

bunnielab posted:

Seconding this, had to pick up my brother at Cleveland-Hopkins over the summer and they had them in the short-term deck. Nice to be able to look down the row and know where the open spaces are instead of driving up and down every row.

Even if not 100% accurate its still better than the "X spaces open on Y deck" system the garage at the office I work at uses, which may mean you can park on 2 but have to walk a city block to get to the pedestrian bridge, or maybe the system is so out of whack that there aren't actually 150 spaces open on level 3, or that none of the levels are actually ever full.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
There's a parking structure I go to for my volunteer gig many times a month, and there's an upstairs and a downstairs section. The downstairs section has a sensor at the entrance to tell you if there's spots down there so you don't waste your time. I always go down there if the sensor's not lit up and have no trouble parking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
We have this in the Byward Market and it works fine in Ottawa.