Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Poultron posted:

It is a bad song and a bad video.

That's what makes it such an obnoxious earworm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

atomicthumbs posted:

we still don't have any answers on what we're all really wondering: when does spades slick arrive

Haven't you been paying attention at all?

He's already here.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

ThaumPenguin posted:

Agreed, I can't wait to see what he'll get up to.

On a side note, I can't get that drat Basco song out of my head. It's a freaking earworm and it don't stop.

♫ I'm geeking out ♫
Only a mightier ear worm can defeat it.

I suggest Too Many Cooks

KoB
May 1, 2009

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Haven't you been paying attention at all?

He's already here.

But what about the other 3.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

KoB posted:

But what about the other 3.

In 1884, meridian time personnel met
in Washington to name Spades Slick.
First words said was that only 1 Slick
could be used on Earth to not change
the 1 Slick bible. So they applied the 1
Slick and ignored the other 3 Slicks.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Imagine four Spades Slicks on the edge of a cliff.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

CJacobs posted:

Imagine four Spades Slicks on the edge of a cliff.

Make a copy of the fourth one and the place it at the end of the line. Then all the Spades Slicks begin stabbing one another until only one remains.

Time Travel works the same way.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Who What Now posted:

Make a copy of the fourth one and the place it at the end of the line. Then all the Spades Slicks begin stabbing one another until only one remains.

Time Travel works the same way.
This is Homestuck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-oZ6Ol1c2g

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

JT Jag posted:

I suggest Too Many Cooks

I only just got around to watching all of this and uh wow it really shares a lot more with Homestuck than just having a bloated cast huh :magical:

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Renaissance Robot posted:

I only just got around to watching all of this and uh wow it really shares a lot more with Homestuck than just having a bloated cast huh :magical:

You stare hard enough at it and you see parts that look like the midnight crew intermission (switch to law enforcement no reason), the trollpocalypse (knife guy), the three year space flight (the part in space), and more and it's even generally in the right order.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Also the creepy murdery guy appears in the background several times before he actually starts doing the murdering. It does make a pretty good analogue to Homestuck in a weird way.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Glitches, people turning into caped superheroes for all of five seconds before getting unceremoniously shanked, all the meta stuff (particularly name tags being real)

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

CJacobs posted:

Also the creepy murdery guy appears in the background several times before he actually starts doing the murdering. It does make a pretty good analogue to Homestuck in a weird way.

And then at the end when the camera goes off, the dad is actually him.

A clear sign that John is Lord English! :pseudo:

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Also, things go so off the rails that John Smarf has to push the Scratch button and reboot the whole thing.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Bobulus posted:

Also, things go so off the rails that John Smarf has to push the Scratch button and reboot the whole thing.

Smarf had laser eyes, and was last seen bloodied but unbroken trying(but failing) to destroy everything.

Smarf is Lord English.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

Combine this with last night's South Park and you've nailed it

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress yeah, Everybody's Dead Dave reference.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Burkion posted:

reference secured, lock that one up in the vault with the rest

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Not much actually happened this update, and yet it's still amazing.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Terezi, still the best.

Also, i'm really hoping we get to see a denizen now. The mechanics of Sburb are actually really interesting.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

John posted:

EARGH, I FRIGGIN' *HATE* TROLL GIRLS!

drat it, Egbert. Terezi's the only one speaking sense here, forgive her for doing what any PC does and looting the corpse.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I like how she doesn't even make up a reason for taking them, like "oh yeah they're... a juju and they grant the wearer mystical powers so I brought them with me for strategic reasons."

Nope, she just took them cause they're red and shiny, 0 fucks given.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Fucknag posted:

I like how she doesn't even make up a reason for taking them, like "oh yeah they're... a juju and they grant the wearer mystical powers so I brought them with me for strategic reasons."

Nope, she just took them cause they're red and shiny, 0 fucks given.

and sparkly and delicious

quote:

TEREZI: JUST 4S 4 L4CK OF STYL1SH G3MSTON3 STUDD3D FOOTW34R 1S 4LSO NOT MY PROBL3M, 4S OF PR3C1S3LY TOD4Y

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Hope we finally get to see a real life denizen.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

Burkion posted:

Actually a callback to a reference.

Also has another over 9000 reference.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

...Rose's corpse is gone.

No one in this comic is ever going to learn to not turn their backs on the bodies, are they?

Two Inch Bee
Apr 17, 2003
Damn you, Lyle, and damn your style.
Meanwhile in Paradox Space, Clover is peeping on Crowbar and Die's standoff. I think Clover ships them. Probably in Moons. This seems like Moons flirting. Definitely, definitely.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

No one in this comic is ever going to learn to not turn their backs on the bodies, are they?

And who takes bodies?

Clown confirmed.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Can't decide if Rose's body has actually disappeared or just happens to not be in shot for whatever reason.

I suppose the Denizen might be able to help with this situation a little, not like it can hurt at this point.

John's blase reaction to having it confirmed that yes, all his friends are indeed dead is par for the course. If Rose can give up the ghost right in front of him and just get a frown, hearing second-hand that Dave, Jade and Karkat bit it and one of them's now shoeless isn't going to break his stride.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Two Inch Bee posted:

Meanwhile in Paradox Space, Clover is peeping on Crowbar and Die's standoff. I think Clover ships them. Probably in Moons. This seems like Moons flirting. Definitely, definitely.

I think Clover is just enjoying watching Die get threatened; because in addition to being a pervert Clover is also kind of an rear end in a top hat.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Rose's corpse was lying in front of the statue, we only see it from the side. It could easily be hidden from view.

Edit:

Dolash posted:

John's blase reaction to having it confirmed that yes, all his friends are indeed dead is par for the course. If Rose can give up the ghost right in front of him and just get a frown, hearing second-hand that Dave, Jade and Karkat bit it and one of them's now shoeless isn't going to break his stride.

Also, i've been re-reading Homestuck and "oh darn it : (" has basically been John's reaction to every death in the comic. Even Dad only gets a forlorn look once John is revived, he's never really reacted to it at all.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Nov 14, 2014

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
John's going to explode one day; it will be his most flaily, pathetic and impotent combat that he still somehow manages to win yet.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
John just has delayed reactions. When he found out that he was trapped in a magic video game and his Dad was missing, he didn't flip out until he discovered that Dad was a businessman rather than a street magician. When John gets really upset at how bad Con Air actually was, that was just a two-year-late reaction to his Dad's death and the destruction of this Earth. I figure John will be really upset about this in three years or so.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
There's no wrong way to express your emotions, and if you find yourself acting like a TV actor when confronted with sorrow, you probably haven't come to terms with it yet.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

I just read it as the more serious something is, the less John reacts. Which seems reasonable enough - he's a goofball, so he overreacts to little things, but it gives me an appreciation that the proverbial poo poo has gotten real when he doesn't overreact to something.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Trying really hard to act stoic and/or having no idea how to react and feeling just sort of lovely in general is a perfectly legitimate reaction to bad things happening.

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!
Homestuck epilogue:

John: Remember when you guys all died before I used my weird powers to make it so that never happened? That really chafed my rear end!

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I am not 100% sure of what Roxy expects the Denizen to do, nor do I know how does she know this stuff, but I'm curious about what that entails. I doubt Typheus is just going to hand John perfect mastery of timeline modification on a silver platter.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Anyone happen to know why the "Latest pages" thing on the left side of the page isn't updating correctly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
At some point that panel switched over from being 'latest pages' to 'latest update' even though the text didn't change. If you click on view all pages it'll show them one by one. That's how I figure out if the comic has updated or not:

If any of the links are blue it means I haven't read them and the comic has updated. Since, y'know, sometimes there are several updates on the same day and whatnot.