Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Crosspeice posted:

So that was a fun two minute cutscene of a firework festival. And a Sonic cameo? Was that the entire game? Seemed pretty, I guess, but what were those clips during the credits? I don't remember those happening. Oh well, seems like a pretty short LP, hope there wasn't a terrible game associated with it. :)

I think it might have just been a trailer for something Sega was planning to do, and they put Sonic as a fun nod. Too bad whatever it was got cancelled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

That makes sense, it seems a lot of work was put into the trailer. Was the large moon meant it was an Unleashed trailer? In any case, you can't get graphics like that in 2006 without some really talented people behind it, just imagine if they made a game like that!

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!
And so Elise disappeared from the world, for ever and ever and ever, never to be spoken of or seen again.

Apart from that time she showed up in a VGCW spin-off show. The chat was wall-to-wall "OH GOD NO." It was great.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
To celebrate the end of this game, let's have a nice, calming boat trip through Soleanna Castle Town.

Which was somehow, for some unexplainable reason, cut from the PS3 version.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
I figured someone might like it giffed, so.

Camel Pimp fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Nov 14, 2014

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Camel Pimp posted:

I figured someone might like it giffed, so.

It's beautiful.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Dammit, beat me to it by like fifteen minutes.

... plus or minus a few hours.

Here, have these two dorks instead.

Thanks for the fun LP.

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

To celebrate the end of this game, let's have a nice, calming boat trip through Soleanna Castle Town.

Which was somehow, for some unexplainable reason, cut from the PS3 version.

It's clearly because the developers in charge of the port hate fun, that was hilarious.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Sonic 2006 is this face erasing time forever.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:
So where are all the chaos emeralds in the "none of this poo poo happened" timeline? Has anyone drawn some colorful lines to depict that yet?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for showing off that even played competently, this game still sucks in the most hilarious ways.

Also thanks for the contest. I'm almost glad I didn't win, otherwise it'd mean I made the "best" OC. Not sure I could have continued living knowing that. Then again Honkhonk was the best in an awesome way.

Can't wait to see what terrible things Sonic Team did for Very Hard Mode!

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I like to think someone on the writing side saw where the game was headed and, in an effort to minimise harm to the precious Sonic Canon, made sure the last thing the plot did was to retcon itself out of canon.

Remember: even in canon, this game never happened.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Fedule posted:

I like to think someone on the writing side saw where the game was headed and, in an effort to minimise harm to the precious Sonic Canon, made sure the last thing the plot did was to retcon itself out of canon.

Remember: even in canon, this game never happened.

In canon sonic tried to go to Venice, saw a nice fireworks show, then left.

In the past some weird time anomaly occured a servant was executed by the duke. For this cruel abuse of power he was deposed, and the throne went to the next in line; however they keep cloaked assassins with her at all times to remind her what might befall her if she messes up.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Wazzu posted:

In canon sonic tried to go to Venice, saw a nice fireworks show, then left.

In the past some weird time anomaly occured a servant was executed by the duke. For this cruel abuse of power he was deposed, and the throne went to the next in line; however they keep cloaked assassins with her at all times to remind her what might befall her if she messes up.

The real power, as always, is held by Nixon.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

chiasaur11 posted:

The real power, as always, is held by Nixon.

Who is not a crook.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

How did her hair not catch fire from the flame?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm pretty sure they do merge into one super-hedgehog at the end of Sonic and the Black Knight.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm pretty sure they do merge into one super-hedgehog at the end of Sonic and the Black Knight.

Well, more like their swords merge into one super armor sword pair thing.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

The hardest thing about the final boss is that the hedgehogs aren't color-coded anymore.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
My favorite thing about Sonic 2006 is that apparently Sonic Team realized that certain spots people would tend to fall off by accident when it wasn't a platforming challenge or somesuch. But instead of fixing it they just had the played character say a warning exactly when the player reaches those dangerous spots.

At least that's what I think happened, based on seeing Pokecapn fall at least once in almost every spot that had such a warning.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Carbon dioxide posted:

The hardest thing about the final boss is that the hedgehogs aren't color-coded anymore.

Especially while commentating on the video.

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
Congratulations to Honkhonk the Honkhog for winning the competition, and congratulations to all of us for watching this game unfold before our eyes.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Tlarn your upgrade is on the way, congrats again to Honk Honk the HONKhog for winning the prestigious Sonic 06 Original Character contest.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
HONKHONK be with you. :krakentoot:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The DLC! You loved the main game, now let's get into the even more broken DLC! It's very hard mode so who cares if things don't work, that just adds to the challenge! We'll tackle Wave Ocean, Dusty Desert, White Acropolis and Crisis City in this video. The revisions to the levels range from drastic (Wave Ocean plays like an entirely new level) to lazy (White Acropolis is the same level with more spikes) to broken (most of them!)

Part 47 (Sonic's Very Hard Mode DLC 1/3): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X07ue_Tlzio

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
I finally realized what the music in White Acropolis reminds me of, it hit me during Sonic's snowboarding segment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HQaBWziYvY

I also had no idea Sandstorm had a music video. :psyduck:

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
There is some audio desync when you get to the dusty desert section of the video.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

David D. Davidson posted:

There is some audio desync when you get to the dusty desert section of the video.

poo poo. Something really weird happened to the audio, it was fine in the version I posted for Hulkamatt but I struggled with it here. When I checked it before uploading it seemed fine, not sure what happened. I'll make sure part 2 doesn't have the same problem.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
If you do end up getting the 360 version for some reason, try and figure out what this I just randomly found on the Sonic wiki while trying to look up what the Amigo DLC actually is:

quote:

Recently, a glitch was found in Shadow's story to enter New City at the time in-game when you are supposed to enter Dusty Desert. Things like unused mirrors for Flame Core and Crisis City were found. The most interesting thing to be found though, was an entire unused mission. A warp is placed around the area with the mirrors. The mission is fully functional, and even has some unused text after it is completed. However, this mission isn't saved in the Town Trial levels and cannot be accessed with the same save file if you save after completing it.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

MassRafTer posted:

poo poo. Something really weird happened to the audio, it was fine in the version I posted for Hulkamatt but I struggled with it here. When I checked it before uploading it seemed fine, not sure what happened. I'll make sure part 2 doesn't have the same problem.

When you're LPing Sonic 06 it's perfectly acceptable to blame the game entirely. I wouldn't be surprised if the game had internal audio issues.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I don't think anyone would blame you if you just contracted the 360 DLC out. Find some other poor sap and let him show it off to you.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

If you do end up getting the 360 version for some reason, try and figure out what this I just randomly found on the Sonic wiki while trying to look up what the Amigo DLC actually is:

I was actually going to try that one this week. I've never done it in the PS3 version because I never think to leave a save there, but I think it works in either.

Nihilarian posted:

I don't think anyone would blame you if you just contracted the 360 DLC out. Find some other poor sap and let him show it off to you.

I'd really like to play all of the original content in this stupid game. I kind of need that motivation to finish Shadow's Very Hard Mode because it is ridiculous garbage that has me on tilt.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

It's time for Flame Core, Radical Train and Tropical Jungle! These levels start throwing so much bullshit at you that we started going a bit mad, and Hulkamatt didn't even need to play the game! The audio sync issue is fixed, unfortunately I had to fix it by using the lower quality video file I share with Hulkamatt to record. I'm going to give it one more try with the third video but something really weird is up. Hopefully 480p isn't too bad for one or two videos.

Part 48 (Sonic's Very Hard Mode 2/3): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-8yUch-9Xo

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

What I don't get is why the developers didn't learn their lesson and tried to write this game out of their history books, like Zelda did with the CD-i games. Instead they tried putting it in the spotlight again with this DLC.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

So does the VHM DLC cut out all the lovely running-around-town stuff and just have the levels?

Edit: Nevermind, video confirmed this.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

FactsAreUseless posted:

So does the VHM DLC cut out all the lovely running-around-town stuff and just have the levels?

Yep, you just access them all in the Act trial menu like in the first video.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

MassRafTer posted:

It's time for Flame Core, Radical Train and Tropical Jungle! These levels start throwing so much bullshit at you that we started going a bit mad, and Hulkamatt didn't even need to play the game! The audio sync issue is fixed, unfortunately I had to fix it by using the lower quality video file I share with Hulkamatt to record. I'm going to give it one more try with the third video but something really weird is up. Hopefully 480p isn't too bad for one or two videos.

Part 48 (Sonic's Very Hard Mode 2/3): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-8yUch-9Xo

14:45 return of the ladder that does exist.

Princess Reagan? Don't be absurd, Hulkamatt.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Tropical Jungle was the most entertaining level to watch because they actually did design it. Sonic in Silver's section had POTENTIAL. The riding on a turtle thing? It's like the standard platform you have to sometimes abandon but not lose it gimmick, but in 3D! That's almost clever! Of course, they gently caress it up royally, but hey, I did say it was entertaining to watch. The way the level loops around itself is also really interesting, actually. Shame they don't come close to having the kicks as level designers to make the correct way readable...

I would say "baby steps", but really, all of Unleashed (Day), Colours and Generations is incredibly linear because giant 3D landscapes with Sonic's speed, homing attack and other abilities? Woefully impossible and they finally realized that after this disaster, I feel.

NejD
Oct 3, 2013
i was kinda hoping that the VHDLC woud be set in the fixed timeline and just be what sonic did after the final cutscene but then elise was in it and i remembered all the stupid timetravel and that silver still exists and i was sad again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's no use. v:shobon:v

• Locked thread