Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

I spent half the day trying out different builds from smgs to ars to heavies and I just can't seem to find anything better than the hebrew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I'm a big fan of the akimbo only SMG in hardcore with a pure speed build. It's surprisingly accurate at mid-long range and only takes a couple hits to kill.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Cool emblem posting zone

:nws:
http://i.imgur.com/RBxLfp5.png

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Nov 16, 2014

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Kill Confirmed is an awful game mode with pubbies. Just got destroyed on a team where people were confirming maybe 1/3rd of their kills. Do you loving idiots not understand the concept of this mode? Why play?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Pleads posted:

Kill Confirmed is an awful game mode with pubbies. Just got destroyed on a team where people were confirming maybe 1/3rd of their kills. Do you loving idiots not understand the concept of this mode? Why play?

Pick them up yourself, watch as you get ~Top 3~

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Robot Randy posted:

Cool emblem posting zone

Here's the lovely no-effort one I've been rocking the past few days:

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
One thing I really like is how much less shocking and game-winning most kill streaks are. I dunno if they allowed you to pick and choose your streak build in the last couple games since MW2 (the last CoD I played until this one,) but it's really nice to not have some dipshit corner-camper or someone with a huge lag advantage just flat-out win the game on a succession of killstreak rewards.

The Warbird is kind of lovely though, especially if you try to jump in and assist, it can be reallly tough to even find the actual game area to start trying to shoot at people. I think the jungle mine level is the worst for this - I've spent a couple of warbird assists doing literally nothing but trying to figure out where the field of battle was while the thing moved and turned with no warning, skewing my camera back to gently caress-knows-where.

I also like how you can die during a remote-control streak reward and not notice until it runs out or is destroyed. I have way too much fun messing with people with the recon drone. :D

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Here's the lovely no-effort one I've been rocking the past few days:

What is that - a bottle opener? :crossarms:

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Puppy Party, the new Bloghouse. I'm a fan.

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES
http://www.twitch.tv/sensualpostman Gettin mad at video games. :frog:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k59_ZcY9an4

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

coyo7e posted:

What is that - a bottle opener? :crossarms:
Abstract dong. I worked with what I had early on in the game, which wasn't much :v:

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
Is it me or are the connections in this game awful? Every lobby I've gotten into on PS4 tonight has skipped at least a few times. I popped in Destiny to see if it was something up with my internet but my connection was fine in that.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

No it's everyone

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Bulldog and Shield with a Lightweight+heavy-stealth build and exo overclock may be my favorite new thing in HC Dom. I love slowly turtling toward some poor shmuck who's trying to cap and just has no idea how to deal with me - before I one-hit punch him. Nobody expects to have a madman with a shotgun and a shield in their spawn within 6 or 7 seconds of the match starting, either. :D

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:

Previous Jesus posted:

Is it me or are the connections in this game awful? Every lobby I've gotten into on PS4 tonight has skipped at least a few times. I popped in Destiny to see if it was something up with my internet but my connection was fine in that.

I had unplayable lag from the time I got it to last night after the patch hit. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones who had their lag problem solved by the patch.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Gringo Heisenberg posted:

I had unplayable lag from the time I got it to last night after the patch hit. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones who had their lag problem solved by the patch.

The only times I've played it are last Monday and tonight. Last Monday it was okay, tonight it's awful and half of the lobbies are pretty much unplayable. :shrug:

e: Is it like this on all systems or just PS4?

e2: I have a 2 k/d, 300 SPM, and a negative win loss. And I've only been playing TDM. :negative:

Previous Jesus fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Nov 14, 2014

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Previous Jesus posted:

The only times I've played it are last Monday and tonight. Last Monday it was okay, tonight it's awful and half of the lobbies are pretty much unplayable. :shrug:

e: Is it like this on all systems or just PS4?

All systems.

Personally I don't have any lag until I play something other than FFA.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I had some lag moments before the PS4 patch but none I can remember since. While I have a few bad games I usually go positive in AW, like 24-12 kind of scores which is unusual for me. Maybe the weeks of Destiny playtime helped hone my controller aiming skills. Or maybe most people on PS4 just suck. Who knows.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
360 goons: Who would like to go for the zombie gear tonight? I've got dick all to do.

DELETED
Nov 14, 2004
Disgruntled
Running around with the dual wield SMG and a speed build reminds me a lot of my classic dual skorpion build from blops, just running around crushing rear end. If anyone else wants to get down on the bone, my GT is JIHADxxxJOE

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

it always is

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Well that was a dumb loving ending to the campaign. And whose idea was it to have 10 minutes of credits alongside dead silence?

Fun campaign, poo poo ending.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Well that was a dumb loving ending to the campaign. And whose idea was it to have 10 minutes of credits alongside dead silence?

on the real an avenged sevenfold song would definitely spiced things up

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Welp, had my first legitimately, unplayably laggy game in a week. One of the guys on the other team was warping about every second - I put a full clip of bulldog into the back of his head while he was walking down a hallway and boom - he was behind me and one-shot me. The only other player that didn't lag out of his team was glitching through the wall in the control room building near B, which was in that youtube video someone posted earlier today.

Godawful poo poo game, we handily kicked rear end simply because we bothered to cap dom points - then the guy quit or something when the socre was 195ish to 70ish, and everything fell to poo poo. :smithicide: Fourth time tonight I've had a match completely fall apart within seconds of the win being recorded (weirdly not a single one where my team was losing, had it happen tonight...)

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Yeah the last level is stupid as gently caress and it even admits it with the "A plan only Gideon could have thought of - frontal assault in stolen enemy gear!"

Friendly Factory
Apr 19, 2007

I can't stand the wailing of women
Is there a reason my maps load super slow and then I use lose my connection on PC? I can't join a single match. Tried forwarding some ports and nothing.

puppy party
Sep 21, 2008

bear is driving! posted:

Puppy Party, the new Bloghouse. I'm a fan.

Awwwww, guy! That's cute! I wish I had half the top knot that bloghouse does!

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

Friendly Factory posted:

Is there a reason my maps load super slow and then I use lose my connection on PC? I can't join a single match. Tried forwarding some ports and nothing.
Its actually because you are supposed to be playing on a console of some sort.

but seriously ask here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3679602

Quabzor fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Nov 14, 2014

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I got kicked out of that hardcore dom match so I just said gently caress it. Sorry Coyote.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

It amazes me how many people just don't use the mobility mechanics for anything other than jumping on a rooftop then pogo sticking in place. I play the game like Tribes and it works so much better

Protip: pubbies don't look up

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Fibby Boy posted:

I got kicked out of that hardcore dom match so I just said gently caress it. Sorry Coyote.
De nada, like I said it's been happening all night - at least every 4th match or so I'd guess. We can get together some other time when poo poo gets straightened out. I got a bunch of double kills with the bulldog that match, regardless. ;)

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

this just in

pubbies are dogs

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

DreamShipWrecked posted:

It amazes me how many people just don't use the mobility mechanics for anything other than jumping on a rooftop then pogo sticking in place. I play the game like Tribes and it works so much better

Protip: pubbies don't look up

Goomba stomps own but ive yet to unlock the secret. Even without consolized fail AIDs FOV I'm still having a hard time tracking dudes

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

don't worry I can't seem to knee smash a person to save my life

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
It's mostly luck unless you're playing hardcore where you can ground pound fools like Goku if you're using the perk

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

SpazmasterX posted:

It's mostly luck unless you're playing hardcore where you can ground pound fools like Goku if you're using the perk

Oh god there's a perk :flashfap:

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Robot Randy posted:

Oh god there's a perk :flashfap:

Yeah Overcharge iirc, it unlocks around the mid-30 levels.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

SpazmasterX posted:

I got a triple kill with a stomp on a capture point in HC Domination, the medal alerts kept going for like 2 minutes straight

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
You'll never not try to power bomb a dom point once you have it. It concusses anything it range that it doesn't kill, which is why it's an AoE death stomp in hardcore.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Went from ~40 kills to the 200 needed to gold + carbon fiber or whatever the S12 today. Ran around a lot in hardcore with no perks and no attachments on that class at all. Riot shield on my back saved me once or twice, but it was hilariously ineffective at blocking more than a bullet or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Nighthand posted:

Riot shield on my back saved me once or twice, but it was hilariously ineffective at blocking more than a bullet or two.

You could post this in basically every cod thread since MW2.

• Locked thread