Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rocksicles posted:

Everyone knows Central city is near Keystone city, Kansas/Missouri

Not on this show it isn't. Unless there's a huge body of water near there in the way tinier United States.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Missoura River

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

This is Metropolis all over again

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Drifter posted:

Nobody likes your lame river just let it go, dude.

Well yeah, nobody likes our lame Willamette river. The Columbia is the OTHER river next to Portland.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Played more Lego Batman 3 today. If he's an option I find myself using the Flash more than anyone else. I really hope we get some DLC with Grant Gustin down the line. I haven't don the season pass yet but I know there's a Man of Steel pack but no Henry Cavill voicework.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
These are way too detailed to post. -Mods

Somebody fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Nov 14, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
HEY I'VE GOT A GREAT loving IDEA I'LL POST A WHOLE BUNCH OF loving SPOILERS.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
That's like the most detailed episode preview I've ever read. It's every broad stroke for both the A and B plots and you can preeety easily fill in the details from there. I almost feel like I watched the episode already.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Posting a synopsis is generally fine but please use some loving common sense in the future and don't post something that's basically an entire rundown of the plot.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Those were the big news today over CBR and Newsarama, that's why I didn't saw any issue to just post them.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Those were the big news today over CBR and Newsarama, that's why I didn't saw any issue to just post them.

Not everyone wants a play-by-play of exactly what an upcoming episode is going to be about, hth.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

If you're gonna share stuff like that it's probably best to just provide a link (with info of how spoiler-y it is of course) like folks did for the pictures of Flash's nemesis.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Played more Lego Batman 3 today. If he's an option I find myself using the Flash more than anyone else. I really hope we get some DLC with Grant Gustin down the line. I haven't don the season pass yet but I know there's a Man of Steel pack but no Henry Cavill voicework.

Ooooh please tell me you got access to the Arrow DLC pack and please tell us that Barrowman legit does the VA for the Dark Archer. If this is true then I will hands down buy that game right loving now. :allears:

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

The Arrow DLC hasn't yet been released. I'm waiting for a release date to pop up before I pick up the title.

The developers did mention that the Arrow "level" will be Oliver and Slade in the tanker.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Deadpool posted:

Starling is on the ocean. Either that or The Queen's Gambit took at an odd route to the Pacific.

Yeah, Starling definitely has to be somewhere on the West coast seeing as they took the Queens Gambit all the way to China. This messes up where Bludhaven traditionally is (close to Gotham) but whatever.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Maybe the Queen's Gambit took the Panama Canal.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

VDay posted:

Not everyone wants a play-by-play of exactly what an upcoming episode is going to be about, hth.

I do.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

There are different rules to each sub forum genius.

Scyantific posted:

Ooooh please tell me you got access to the Arrow DLC pack and please tell us that Barrowman legit does the VA for the Dark Archer. If this is true then I will hands down buy that game right loving now. :allears:

You should buy it right now! It's awesome!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

muscles like this? posted:

Yeah, Starling definitely has to be somewhere on the West coast seeing as they took the Queens Gambit all the way to China. This messes up where Bludhaven traditionally is (close to Gotham) but whatever.

Not like Gotham's gonna be important to these shows so it doesn't really matter.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Axel Serenity posted:

:black101: GORILLA MONTH! :black101:

Do not talk about when DC turned all their Superheroes/Villains into Gorillas.

Also Iris crying at the end was the only moment that I felt she had any feelings at all for Barry, romantic or otherwise. It might just be horrible writing but like Laural she seems a little flat to me as a character.

UberAaron
Feb 11, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know if this what Dark_Tzitzimine posted but here's the synopsis to the December 9th episode. It's the episode before the December 16th mid-season finale.

The Flash posted:

BARRY CELEBRATES CHRISTMAS WITH THE WESTS — Barry (Grant Gustin) enjoys the annual tradition of tree trimming and gift exchange with Joe (Jesse L. Martin) and Iris (Candice Patton). He gives Iris a touching gift, but the moment is interrupted by Eddie’s (Rick Cosnett) arrival. Ralph Hemecker directed the episode written by Todd Helbing & Aaron Helbing (#109).

The title of the episode: "The Man In The Yellow Suit"

Man, the way that that synopsis is worded. :suspense:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I feel like Cisco is due for a Badass Haircut Scene at some point. A la Mulan.

BluePard
Jan 24, 2009
Smallville previously established that Kansas has a large body of water in it. All cities are coast cities to DC.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Dexo posted:

"Hey Cisco how fast am I going to have to run to travel back in time and save my mom?"

Obviously the answer is 88 mph

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

kingcom posted:

:golfclap:

UberAaron
Feb 11, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

kingcom posted:

:vince:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
He has to go Mach 1.3457

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
1.21 gigamachs?!?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Phylodox posted:

1.21 jigamachs?!?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

kingcom posted:

:thurman:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

BluePard posted:

Smallville previously established that Kansas has a large body of water in it. All cities are coast cities to DC.

Ironically, except Coast City.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Stephen Amell was not very happy with how DC announced the new Flash movie.

quote:

"I thought that the way Warner Bros. announced the slate of DC movies could have been handled better," said Amell in an interview with AMC's Movie Talk.

Last month, the day after the second episode of Flash's freshman season aired, Warner Bros, whose TV arm produces both Arrow and Flash, announced a flurry of movies news that included plans to have Perks of Being a Wallflower star Ezra Miller helm a Flash movie in 2018.

"I think someone like Grant Gustin, who has just launched an iconic character like Flash, to record breaking numbers ... should have been given a wider berth than two episodes before another actor was announced to play his character," Amell said. "I thought it was lovely that all of this stuff got announced the morning that the ratings — the spectacular ratings — of the second episode of the Flash came in."

http://mashable.com/2014/11/17/arrow-star-stephen-amell-announcement-of-flash-movie-could-have-been-handled-better/

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I love how he's not afraid to speak his mind on this. The series is just exploding right now so I really can't wait to see what kind of fan backlash WB gets when the "real" Flash isn't in the film.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They'll just cancel the TV series so no one gets confused, and embargo Arrow from mentioning it.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

That's kinda stupid. He knows it won't be connected to the tv shows, so what does it matter? Not to mention it's going to be four years away from now. The tv show's popularity would only hurt the movie in the end, not the other way around.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Krad posted:

That's kinda stupid. He knows it won't be connected to the tv shows, so what does it matter? Not to mention it's going to be four years away from now. The tv show's popularity would only hurt the movie in the end, not the other way around.

No, but it kinda steals Grant Gustin's thunder.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Phylodox posted:

No, but it kinda steals Grant Gustin's thunder.

the only people who care are the diehard nerd fans who will watch both, regardless.

He could realize that movie-ing is a business and Marvel's absolutely killing it, so DC HAS to build up hype. As others have said, TV and cinema are completely removed, so it doesn't matter. It's just a matter of pride.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Nov 18, 2014

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

That was on the Arrow after show podcast. He really is like an over protective father of DCtv. He explained it in detail why he was upset. They announced it the day after Flashes second episode, and he said it was a special day for the show because its when you know if people are coming back after the pilot ratings.

He did that podcast for a whole hour. While AMC douche is telling him to his face that he hates Laurel character with a passion. The Asian bird i'm pretty sure was about to slide off her seat.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Nov 18, 2014

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Drifter posted:

the only people who care are the diehard nerd fans who will watch both, regardless.

He could realize that movie-ing is a business and Marvel's absolutely killing it, so DC HAS to build up hype. As others have said, TV and cinema are completely removed, so it doesn't matter. It's just a matter of pride.

I dunno, maybe Stephen and Grant are pretty tight. They both seem like chill dudes, maybe they're friends. If it were my friend, I'd care. And as was mentioned, The Flash movie isn't coming out for four years...they could have waited a couple of weeks to announce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Drifter posted:

DC built hype in the shittiest way possible, during an Investor call/meeting. It was almost reverse-hype building. Still, he is right but WB is being sort of dumb about their competing Movie and TV division.

• Locked thread