Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Flameingblack posted:

People either really love, or really hate Tendou, but Kagami is the true main character and the supporting cast is the best part of the show.

Correction: The food is the best part of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

V-Men posted:

Correction: The food is the best part of the show.

It's worth watching just for the food.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Newest Drive is subbed.

I enjoyed that Font-R was a FRont for smuggling explosives.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Brother Entropy posted:

Newest Drive is subbed.

I enjoyed that Font-R was a FRont for smuggling explosives.

I only recognize them from the 24-hour Lemmings episode of GCCX, but I just realized the bad guys for this episode are Yasuda Dai Circus.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Well this disproves my main Drive theory

Mach and Chaser in the same scene. I guess they aren't the same person after all.

For this episode...man, I just really enjoy Shinnosuke's trash-talking. It's like watching Spider-Man. I hope he continues like this the whole series.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Those are suit actors though, so idk, it could still mean a couple of things

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
It's pretty drat likely, then, that Chaser is Proto-Drive.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Poison Mushroom posted:

It's pretty drat likely, then, that Chaser is Proto-Drive.

It'd honestly be a bigger twist if that wasn't the case with how upfront they're being about things.

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

Wouldn't the belt recognise Chaser's human form if it was the case? There's obviously a connection, but I'll be surprised if it's as simple as Chaser=Proto-Drive.

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

DiscoJ posted:

Wouldn't the belt recognise Chaser's human form if it was the case? There's obviously a connection, but I'll be surprised if it's as simple as Chaser=Proto-Drive.
Yeah that's a good point. Huh.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
My guess is Proto Drive is the guy who created the belt, and stuck his conscience in there somehow after being attacked..

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Didn't the belt recognize him though on his first appearance? There was a "...That man..." moment

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Maybe it's as simple as Proto Drive's technology was used to create Chaser's powers, which is something I find fascinating. He's a villainous Kamen Rider, so of COURSE he uses kaijin powers of the classic Shocker villains.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah, at the least, they used the Proto-Drive systems. Not just because of the shift cars, but also because, if you look behind the stuff, Chaser has identically-shaped eyes to Drive. I think I've previously mentioned that Chaser definitely looked like a junkyard wreck, and like he'd eventually get 'tuned up'. Looks like I had it backwards.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Just wanted to let everyone know that SA's home-grown Power Rangers review podcast, Podcasters With Attitude now has a Facebook page. So far there's not much there, but we're hoping it'll be a more convenient place to get fan feedback, and if we get a decent enough community, we may run some manner of contests or giveaways or something.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
It's time for Crunchyroll's Ultra Series of the month!

This month: Ultraman Leo

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

FortMax posted:

It's time for Crunchyroll's Ultra Series of the month!

This month: Ultraman Leo

I am unable to respond with human words to express how happy I am about this.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I'm really glad they're keeping up the Ultra cadence, and not just doing one or two series.

Ultra Seven next :getin:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Hey look, it's Magiranger 1-4.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Magiranger. :allears: It was the 2nd super sentai series I've watched. It was the TVN fansub version, so it's probably a credit to the series that I watched it all the way to the end.

Also I've just finished the 6th episode of Dairanger. Does it retain this level of quality to the end? I got the impression the final episode was divisive, but that's about it. What I'm saying is that I like what I've seen so far, and I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Dairanger's ending isn't divisive so much as just introduces a last minute plot twist that makes no sense and raises a huge question that doesn't even remotely get answered. In the grand scheme of things it's not that big a deal and doesn't detract from the show overall but it's still really baffling.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

SOOOOOOONNN :unsmigghh:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I'm interested in watching Kamen Rider, but I don't know where to start. Any suggestions?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Mraagvpeine posted:

I'm interested in watching Kamen Rider, but I don't know where to start. Any suggestions?

Watch OOO

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mraagvpeine posted:

Kamen Rider Kuuga or Kamen Rider W. They're both two of the better shows and also good introductions.

If you want something a bit older, Kamen Rider Black.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Mraagvpeine posted:

Drive, the current series, is shaping up pretty well. The latest thing is almost always a decent place to start.

For older stuff I'd definitely recomend W or OOO to start with. In that order too. They're probably the best shows of the modern era. Not that all the others have been bad, only one really has, but the rest just don't quite hit the high water mark that those 2 did. Also OOO's opening theme is the best and if you disagree I don't know what to say to you. :colbert:

You can give Wizard a complete pass. It's first episode shows a lot of promise that completely vanishes within the next 2-3 and even the secondary riders antics don't make up for the main's makes-vanilla-look-exotic-blandness.

Kuuga is pretty good if you can get past the older eastern-drama style of directing (some scenes might feel a bit... off at times) but if you can't there's plenty of other shows to try.

Black gets a lot of support too though I haven't watched it myself.

Den-O and Fourze are great too but they're more comedic and lighthearted than most series. I recommend checking out at least Fourze (Den-O doesn't have a good set of complete subs yet) but not as a first introduction.

Cernunnos fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Nov 14, 2014

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The Drive OP is out there, somewhere, but it's also here, on this tumblr page http://insertmonochromehere.tumblr.com/post/102566404036/really-surprised-no-ones-tried-to-upload-this

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
The latest episode of ToQger was very villain-heavy, which means that it was pretty good. Wondering how long it'll be before we find out what Schwarz's condition was, it doesn't look like it's going to be addressed in the next episode but we'll see I suppose.

Also wondering what Noire's plan involves.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Daler Mehndi posted:

Also I've just finished the 6th episode of Dairanger. Does it retain this level of quality to the end? I got the impression the final episode was divisive, but that's about it. What I'm saying is that I like what I've seen so far, and I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.

The ending is an awesome fever dream. Just watch it and try not to use any logic or thinking during it.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Mraagvpeine posted:

Depending on what tone you're looking for:
Grim - Kamen Rider Black (my personal favorite Kamen Rider) or Kuuga
Upbeat - Kamen Rider W (or OOO, but I think W is stronger)
GET IN THE FRIENDSHIP LOCKER - Fourze

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Mraagvpeine posted:

I just started getting into Kamen Rider too, and OOO was my first series. I'm watching W right now and that's really enjoyable too. I think Drive has been pretty decent so far if you're interested in keeping up with the new show.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Zero_Tactility posted:

Depending on what tone you're looking for:
Grim - Kamen Rider Black (my personal favorite Kamen Rider) or Kuuga
Upbeat - Kamen Rider W (or OOO, but I think W is stronger)
GET IN THE FRIENDSHIP LOCKER - Fourze

This guy knows what's up. FRIENDSHIP 4 LYFE!

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Kamen Rider OOO might legitimately be one of my favorite television shows of all time.

Fourze was good too.

ToQger remains strong to me, and I think with the momentum they're building the finale is going to be really good.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Kamen Rider OOO was my first as well, and I don't know if it's the best modern series (that's probably W) or my favorite KR series (that's definitely Fourze), but it's probably the one that best encapsulates for a new viewer what Kamen Rider is about.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Poison Mushroom posted:

Kamen Rider OOO was my first as well, and I don't know if it's the best modern series (that's probably W) or my favorite KR series (that's definitely Fourze), but it's probably the one that best encapsulates for a new viewer what Kamen Rider is about.

A bland protagonist, much more interesting secondary characters and an incredibly dull and plodding middle portion?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Some Numbers posted:

A bland protagonist, much more interesting secondary characters and an incredibly dull and plodding middle portion?

Yeah basically. Dunno what franchise you've been watching.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Some Numbers posted:

I actually thought- spoilers since someone was asking what to watch and I don't want to spoil it for them- the fact you could kind of view all of Kamen Rider OOOs as The Hero's Journey of Goto through the eyes of some random secondary character was part of why I liked the show so much. The show can be either about Eiji or kind of about Goto and I enjoy both versions

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah basically. Dunno what franchise you've been watching.

Dull middle portions notwithstanding, I enjoyed the protagonists in W and Fourze a lot more than their ancillary characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Some Numbers posted:

That's Heisei Kamen Rider to a T.

• Locked thread