Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

bandman posted:

it is none of her goddamn business.

This is all that loving matters, if she has a problem with it, its exactly that. Her loving problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

CharlesM posted:

I was being a bit facetious, sorry. In Germany Doner Kebab is really popular. Seems like it's every other restaurant.

Ah, well now I feel silly.

JukeboxHerostratus
Nov 25, 2009

blk posted:

Forgive me for stating the obvious, but car threads on Reddit make me want to put a bullet in my head: http://www.reddit.com/r/LifeProTips/comments/2m7mty/lpt_if_you_have_5000_available_for_a_used_car/

Can anybody summarize this? I've walled off Reddit via my hosts file and don't feel like tearing down the iron curtain again.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

bandman posted:

I suppose that's what happens when you are a fundamentally unhappy person.

Yeah, I feel you on that. I killed myself trying to make an unhappy woman happy for ten god drat years. The subsequent ten have found me happier than I've ever been, with her stuck in the same stupid-cause and saw-that-coming-effect hole that she used to blame me for.

Enjoy California, the weather is so much nicer than it has any right to be.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Fucknag posted:

Ah, well now I feel silly.

Naw it's a dumb esoteric joke.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Just spent like two hours when I should have been trying to sleep watching Woodstock 94 videos on YouTube.

The 90s were so much cooler than now :(

Edit: gently caress y'all now I want shwarma.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

The 90s started out with Nirvana and ended with Sugar Ray and Smashmouth. They lost their cool in a very big way.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

LloydDobler posted:

The 90s started out with Nirvana and ended with Sugar Ray and Smashmouth. They lost their cool in a very big way.

End of decades always suck, you can't judge based on that.

And those are both better than beiber

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

iwentdoodie posted:

The 90s were so much cooler than now :(

Bleached tips and baggy jeans would like to have a word with you.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
So... uh not lovely situation talk sorry. Just replaced another broken touch screen. This time a tablet. Between the tools I got with the screen for the mobile for screen replacement, the special double sided tape for touch screens I got, and a hair drier to melt the old glue it's not a bad task at all. Still can't put a screen protector on for poo poo.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Speaking of bad situations, have any of you heard from Devyl lately? I haven't seen him post since not long after his breakup, which was like a month ago. Hope the guy's doing all right, that's a rough situation to go through.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Not a great start to the day when it begins with almost being smooshed by a lorry.
I was overtaking one on a 2 lane road when he suddenly indicated and started pulling into my lane at the same time because of a cyclist.
Managed to slam the brakes on and shoot out the back without getting hit but it wasn't fun.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

MrChips posted:

Speaking of bad situations, have any of you heard from Devyl lately? I haven't seen him post since not long after his breakup, which was like a month ago. Hope the guy's doing all right, that's a rough situation to go through.

He posted on Facebook this morning.

quote:

If you can dream it, you can do it.
Have a good day everyone.

Oddly, he tagged a bunch of people (including me) in the post.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
He was talking about your thermostat.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I was going to write something about my lovely week but uhhh :stare:

I snapped off the key to our only storage unit at work and it's jammed inside the lock. I tried needle-nose pliars and twisting the lock barrel but the drat thing won't turn or come out. Looks like I just cost the company a new lock and obligatory lock cutting fee! :v: Needless to say I'm super popular right now.

But then I come on here and drat. Condolences Adiabetic and 13 Inch. :smith:

Previa_fun fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Nov 14, 2014

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

mariooncrack posted:

Good job! I gained a lot of the weight I lost earlier this year. :(.

Anyone have any tips for driving manual in the snow? Tomorrow is my first time driving in the snow with the Outback and I'm not going to lie, I'm a little scared.

Ugh I had lost 15lbs and I'm back up 10 last time I checked.

Snow driving tips:
-holy poo poo stopping distance
-plan your trips, avoid hills where you or others can get stuck
-steer into the skid
-don't follow closely
-you can get a ticket for doing the speed limit in bad conditions
-easy on the clutch, abrupt downshifts or upshifts can upset the car
-down shift before a corner, or coast through it, clutching in/out mid corner will have you sideways
-watch for curbs and snow banks, especially in parking lot entrances, it's easy to get stuck in them

Take some time to practice if you can.

With all this said, there's very few things more fun the thrashing a Subaru in fresh powder. The awd system will pull you out of most drifts without any worry. Stopping is the bigger issue.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Can I just say here that I am sad that 13 inch is sad? I've never spoken to the dude outside of maybe 1/2 comments in his threads but he seems like such a fantastic bloke... :(

If we're doing misery, it's raining. It's my friend's birthday, she's a single mother and she's just found out her kid may be diabetic. And the kid's not feeling great today which is real sad because she's such a loving adorable thing.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I will rise from the ashes forged anew, and I shall live again to stalk the world of the living and have repaid to me the blood debt that is owed. Upon my Father I so swear, and upon my Father's Father, and upon his Father before him.

Vengeance shall be had
bitter poo poo tier level catty snipes and drinking for as long as the mood strikes me

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
buy a bi

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
8 loving years of friendship and love, including the year we've been together literally through the worst that life could possibly throw our way, and to be able to ask me how I would feel about seeing other people on a theoretical break from the relationship because what if she needs to find out just to make sure that I really *am* the one, only way to find out is to try right? So I point blank said that whether or not its okay to decide to sleep with someone on a break that you decided we were going to be taking, I wouldn't be there when she decided that maybe it wasnt worth throwing it all away on someone who she's literally known less than 48 hours. And then she didn't understand why it was so much worse when she said that *if* anything did happen on break but she's not saying it will, but just in case it did I should try to not get upset because *if* it just sort of happened I should just remember that it didn't mean anything to her.

So I said that you're willing to gamble the entire sum of all of our existence as friends and as a couple on something that by your own words is meaningless to you? And then I pointed out that these are some awfully strange questions to just suddenly ask out of nowhere. I said you know what? I never needed to wonder if loving somebody else would make me decide if I loved you or not.

After that the topic dramatically changed to the break not actually being about or because of anybody, but because she really needs more time to dedicate herself fully to treatment. Work the steps and all that.

The more I think it over the more I just seethe with anger because how loving dare you. There's literally no way I could have trust in her after this. Even if she says nothing happened going forward I will automatically just assume that it did because if it didnt WHERE DID THOSE QUESTIONS JUST SPONTANEOUSLY DECIDE TO SPAWN FROM

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Earlier in the year I split from someone who suffered from depression. She only told me this fact around the time we parted ways but it explained an awful lot of her behaviour. She said I was perfect, I meant the world to her, I was so amazing for helping her with things. She said that right now she needed to be alone to focus on getting better and that we should definitely stay in contact because we were such good friends and obviously loved each other a lot and she wanted to be so much better for me.

Less than 3 weeks later I find out she's seeing someone else.

That she can't understand why her mentioning posssssibly seeing someone else is a massively hurtful thing to say is pretty scary. You're definitely right standing your ground and saying you won't be there for her if she decides that the grass isn't greener, that's just an awful way to treat someone.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
love is suicide

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

88h88 posted:

You're definitely right standing your ground and saying you won't be there for her if she decides that the grass isn't greener, that's just an awful way to treat someone.

I just cant see any scenario where this hasn't either already happened or was about to happen and was trying to look for some way to make the crash and burning of our relationship something like 'not being able to get over poo poo we did when we were seperated.'

Like I'm not exagerating. The chain of events went I recieve the text 'We are taking a break. I know you said you dont think we need to while I'm in treatment but I need to focus on me."

30 seconds later the phone call. Lays down the reasonings behind treatment requiring her full devotion, no time to worry about things, I said I've always said for you to take whatever steps you need for this to work so I don't understand why we have to label it as a break, but whatev. And then immediately after that was the first question "so how would you feel about seeing other people while we are on break' and thats where it all went upside down and I said hey I can't tell you what you can and cant do, you chose to start the break. But if you gently caress someone on break I won't be here when you decide you're done. That was the point where I think we could have reasoned our way around an unfortunate event on a long painful path to recovery but once all the other questions and justifications and hoops began to be thrown my way it became pretty loving obvious the whole point of the conversation was to get me to give the seal of approval on her sleeping with someone because I can't fly down and visit her every week.

I really cant trust her any more. If not this time, then when? How long will I be looking at this ghost over my shoulder? I'd even take the chances of repairing things as higher if she had flat out broken up with me and then tried to make mends later and not just sit there and try to find some way, any way she wasn't in the wrong.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Jesus titty-loving Christ. How the hell could she think you would react well to that. I'm sorry life is making GBS threads on you right now, man.

In other gently caress 2014 news, 3 weeks out and still haven't been paid. Boss got CC'd on my letter to HR 'For your Information'.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Bitches ain't poo poo, etc. :v:

EDIT: As an added bonus, if she meets someone in treatment, her odds of relapse greatly increase. So I guess somewhere down the line, you're going to get the last laugh while cruising along in your tiny little car?

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Nov 14, 2014

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

I really cant trust her any more.

And this is the point where nothing is worth saving.

Time to go see some friends, bud.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I tell you what, hearing "I'm pretty sure I love you, but the only real way to decide how much is to hook up with someone else first to see if I should settle for you or double check if I can do better" as a, in my opinion, fairly direct subtext, hurts more than just not loving me any more.

It's the Participant prize in dating. Eh, you're good enough. For now.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

quote:

How long will I be looking at this ghost over my shoulder?

Forever. Don't go back. It sucks now, but now there won't be a ghost, and you can thank yourself every day that this happened now instead of another 10 years down the line. I mean, eight years is a lot, and you have every right to say "this sucks hardcore," but at least it wasn't tomorrow or a week from now or a year from now.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

I tell you what, hearing "I'm pretty sure I love you, but the only real way to decide how much is to hook up with someone else first to see if I should settle for you or double check if I can do better" as a, in my opinion, fairly direct subtext, hurts more than just not loving me any more.

It's the Participant prize in dating. Eh, you're good enough. For now.

Like I said, similar thing with me. Hearing "I need to focus on getting better, I can't be with anyone when I'm feeling like this" and then seeing her with someone else was such a loving slap in the face. So I know how you feel... Trust.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
In a fun little bit of random trivia, I would have assumed she would know what it feels like to be cheated on after she left her boyfriend, oh, about a month or so before I moved to Seattle a few years back because it turned out he was loving my then-fiancee?

And then realised in the years that I was gone that she couldnt bear to be away from me any more, that I completed her life? That she moved 900 miles away and lasted just a hair shy of living together for a year? That I stood by her through horrors I will never forget, all for her to literally ask those questions about the first guy she met around her age at the new facility she was transferred to on loving MONDAY?

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
13", you have every right to be pissed the gently caress off right now, but from someone who's been in a similar situation, letting go is really for the better, long term.

Previa_fun posted:

I snapped off the key to our only storage unit at work and it's jammed inside the lock. I tried needle-nose pliars and twisting the lock barrel but the drat thing won't turn or come out. Looks like I just cost the company a new lock and obligatory lock cutting fee! :v: Needless to say I'm super popular right now.

The garbage men seem to excel at breaking off keys in our gate to the recycling area. I've found that the best way to get the piece out is not with a pair of pliers but with a 90 degree pick (o-ring tool is good.) You just sorta pry/walk it out on the "spine" of the key. Pair of pliers can be used to assist this, though.

And now I want a proper, quarter-of-a-square German döner. With sauce running into my sleeves and everything.

bolind fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Nov 14, 2014

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

People are stupid and do stupid things.
Sorry for what you are going through 13", if it was possible I'd buy you a beer.
You reaction seems pretty normal, just take care of yourself.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

88h88 posted:

That she can't understand why her mentioning posssssibly seeing someone else is a massively hurtful thing to say is pretty scary. You're definitely right standing your ground and saying you won't be there for her if she decides that the grass isn't greener, that's just an awful way to treat someone.

I missed this earlier but I actually did point out that if the situations were somehow magically reversed and I just cold called her up at rehab saying "so hey, we should take a break. How do you feel about seeing other people while we're seperated. No, I'm not saying I would, but, you know, just in case. Also I met a guy at rehab thats been flirting with me all day but that has nothing to do with it." I really can't see her reacting any differently than I have. Her response was that that meant I was also allowed to go look around, the one little snag to that plan though being that I have never thought of doing that part, would want to do that part, and most importantly do not have someone blatently hitting on me and telling me that if there was ever a time to get some fun on the side its now because how would he ever know? (actual quote she told me this dude said, intending to set me at ease showing me that she can be trusted to tell me everything.)

Sorry. Starting to repeat myself on things. I'm just channelling my anger into the keyboard because I don't think I've ever heard someone treat a stated bold print ultimatum as a 'well but if it did happen it was no big okay' and then the whole how do you know you truly love someone until you see someone else attempt at showing me this was actually a good idea because then she could see that all along we were really right for eachother so now that she's done with her personal voyage of discovery she'll head on back to ol' reliable.

GOD loving drat IT

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

"I was testing you" is such a bullshit excuse. It seems she just thinks you're a soft touch and was testing the water perhaps? Assuming she's done nothing I suppose she at least gets a little credit for questioning you on it. It's just obvious that this isn't something you'd ever want and the fact you know this for certain is a good thing. Respect.

Also same as freelop, I'd buy you multiple drinks.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
13" gently caress women and gently caress relationships that are not working...

In other news I have £1000 to buy a used car and have no idea what I want. Its got to not be french, estate prefered as I have a labrador and petrol as I can buy cheap petrol from a mate... Ideas goons?

fake edit: I know you will say volvo.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

How cheap can you get a bmw wagon?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

88h88 posted:

"I was testing you" is such a bullshit excuse. It seems she just thinks you're a soft touch and was testing the water perhaps?

This definitely wasnt a hah gotcha test question. This legitimately felt like she was in the mood to get laid, take a 'break' from things, oops oh no one thing led to another and things just sort of happened, but you can forgive me right because it meant nothing to me. i was just pretty sure I loved you so this is actually a good thing because it let me realise that you were right for me all along. Lets get back together.

The fact that I said it was a loving ironclad dealbreaker right off the bat as far as the initial how do you feel about it, and then to have all the further explorations over just exactly what fell just over the line and could this technically not really count because third grader logic. And when called out on it she fell back on the using the time to work on recovery and even accused me of not knowing how hard shes working on things and she doesnt even have time for a relationship anyways, which of course begs the question about how the topic of loving other people entered her mind to begin with.

It's poisoned. There's no way that I can feel safe when rather than saying okay, no people, or perhaps maybe we should just break off, or maybe we dont need to take a break after all, we discuss all the little details of what would or would not technically be considered cheating then. Yeah I respect that she told me, it has nothing to do with being told she was being hit on. In retrospect it has very little to do with the fact that theres a break involved at all, even though I still up till now had thought that if she had just loving told me what to do we could have worked around it, but she was always adament on thinking we might need a break. And now dude comes along at rehab and theres no discussion, there's a basically a statement that we are taking time off of our relationship and I'm curious just what counts as cheating on you in your mind. It's a terrible loving premise. There's no way it can end well. I still havent slept and its loving 3:30am and im just running in circles now haha holy poo poo

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

thegasman2000 posted:

13" gently caress women and gently caress relationships that are not working...

In other news I have £1000 to buy a used car and have no idea what I want. Its got to not be french, estate prefered as I have a labrador and petrol as I can buy cheap petrol from a mate... Ideas goons?

fake edit: I know you will say volvo.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/search/used/cars/rover/postcode/cv21fx/radius/1500/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/price-to/1000/sort/default

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I mean when you get right down to it and skip the walls of rage text it really sort of damages the amount of trust I feel comfortable in placing in someone who so thoroughly managed to prove that pretty much every angle of this theoretical spur of the moment lapse in judgement that according to her might not even ever happen because you can't plan for accidentally falling onto another guys dick, im sure it happens all the time after all, was considered and discussed beforehand.

You dont get to claim that you didnt mean to actually say those things because it has nothing to do with the fact that you made a friend who's agressively flirting with you while I'm stuck 900 miles away and then claim you have no idea how it happened but its not like it was while we were officially together right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Phew. I think I got all that out for now. Thanks for bearing with me y'all.

• Locked thread