Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

If you want to learn more, start here: http://blogs.unimelb.edu.au/opinionsonhigh/2014/09/29/news-migration-bill-targets-high-court-rulings/

e: and here: http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2014/oct/15/asylum-seeker-bill-allows-australia-to-ignore-risk-of-persecution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
What's a billionaire doing randomly calling in on radio? Does Gina do it too?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Clive does that poo poo all the time because Clive. Some people probably find it endearing.

newbinator
Nov 14, 2014

Get your shit together, and put it in a backpack, all your shit, so it's together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere. You know? Take it to the shit store and sell it. Or put it in a shit museum, I don't care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
Get your shit together.
its okay guys, its for research.

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin

wombat74 posted:

Yeah. my wife is Mexican. Most representations of Mexicans in Australia are outright racism and it really pisses her off

Ooo what seat? I'm volunteering for Eastern Metro at the moment

I'd rather not say in the thread but it's in NSW. Join the IRC if you want incessant updates on my campaign!

Foreman Domai
Apr 2, 2010

"In one dimension I find existence, in two I find life, but in three, I find freedom."

ewe2 posted:

He loves to quote Burke like they do, because they all pretend they're 19th century liberals and not 21st century PR hacks for corps. Battlelines is a mess, he tries to own both Whigs and Tories in his description of the Liberals, that speaks volumes.

Yeah, for real, I remember reading Battlelines and it seemed like every third page included a quote from Burke. That and he uses the word 'though' in every second sentence IIRC.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

you-so-craycray posted:

its okay guys, its for research.

I wonder if the SS-N-12 can be set to hit cities as well as ships. You'd think it wouldn't be too hard to do.

Because the mental image of Putin flipping the bird, riding off on a dolphin and Tony eating a 350kt warhead is better if the last bit can actually happen.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

The Welfare Lobby posted:

Yeah, for real, I remember reading Battlelines and it seemed like every third page included a quote from Burke. That and he uses the word 'though' in every second sentence IIRC.

Did you read it with his voice in your mind? Awkward pauses and all?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Halo14 posted:

I think he probably wanted to finish it sometime before the end of the decade.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

for those playing at home this is the second time sydney uni has gotten into trouble for hosting a racist mexican-themed party this year

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Farm Frenzy posted:

for those playing at home this is the second time sydney uni has gotten into trouble for hosting a racist mexican-themed party this year

UQ does it too, though I haven't seen them get in trouble for it - probably because this is in Queensland. :v:

newbinator
Nov 14, 2014

Get your shit together, and put it in a backpack, all your shit, so it's together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere. You know? Take it to the shit store and sell it. Or put it in a shit museum, I don't care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
Get your shit together.

Spacman posted:

I wonder if the SS-N-12 can be set to hit cities as well as ships. You'd think it wouldn't be too hard to do.

Because the mental image of Putin flipping the bird, riding off on a dolphin and Tony eating a 350kt warhead is better if the last bit can actually happen.

I believe this is the SA-N-12 surface to AIR as seen on the type 052B class destroyer. so at least our hornets would be fubar'd.
:nyd:

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

you-so-craycray posted:

I believe this is the SA-N-12 surface to AIR as seen on the type 052B class destroyer. so at least our hornets would be fubar'd.

:pray:

Happy place. Happy place.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

you-so-craycray posted:

He means the P-500 anti-ship cruise missiles, which the Varyag is armed with. It's also armed with 64 S300PMU (SA-N-6) strategic SAMs.

Which means that one cruiser, on it's own, can gently caress up the RAN and the RAAF at the same time.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Re halalchat: my favourite yoghurt brand has been halal certified for ages. Shockingly, all it functionally means is that they don't have alcohol or pig bits in there and have someone checking that they don't put it in. When I'm eating out I like it when the food is labelled as halal because it means 1) there are likely to be fewer racist dickweeds involved in food preparation and 2) places with halal certification tend to take it seriously when you ask about animal products or gluten in their food. I've never had a halal-certified place bring me out a pumpkin soup with a big slab of bacon on top or a salad with shredded chicken bits and croutons and try to pass it of as "just garnish" (and then try picking it out of my food with their hands and think that makes it all right).

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please

Thanks, appreciate it.

Ler
Mar 23, 2005

I believe...

quote:

"One of the points I tried to make to Putin is that Russia would be so much more attractive if it was aspiring to be a superpower for peace and freedom and prosperity; if it were trying to be a superpower for ideas and values instead of trying to recreate the lost glories of tsarism or the old Soviet Union," Mr Abbott said.
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/fed...114-11mu6g.html

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

:doh:

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Paingod556 posted:

He means the P-500 anti-ship cruise missiles, which the Varyag is armed with. It's also armed with 64 S300PMU (SA-N-6) strategic SAMs.

Which means that one cruiser, on it's own, can gently caress up the RAN and the RAAF at the same time.

My housemate insists that the Australian air force could gently caress up those cruisers.

Y'know, the things that are bristling with anti-air munitions. And ECM. And ECCM. And can almost certainly fire on targets from a longer range than a piloted jet. And so on and so forth.

Where did this bizarre idea that the Australian military is so exceptional come from?

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
They should call him Tony Badbott

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Milky Moor posted:

My housemate insists that the Australian air force could gently caress up those cruisers.

Y'know, the things that are bristling with anti-air munitions. And ECM. And ECCM. And can almost certainly fire on targets from a longer range than a piloted jet. And so on and so forth.

Where did this bizarre idea that the Australian military is so exceptional come from?

We have the most powerful ship there is:

Mateship.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Mad Katter posted:

Mateship.

Got a cramp laughing at this. Good postin'

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Milky Moor posted:

Imported American exceptionalism.

Foreman Domai
Apr 2, 2010

"In one dimension I find existence, in two I find life, but in three, I find freedom."

Halo14 posted:

It was difficult not to, mostly because Abbott's prose is almost as disjointed and awkward as his manner of speech.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I bet Putin wouldn't be taunting us like this if we have F-35s ready to fly at a week's notice waiting in their refrigerated hangers!

We wouldn't actually fly them out though, they'd melt in the sea air.

Endman
May 18, 2010

There needs to be a Kelly's Heroes style credits sequence after G20 is over. Only in this scenario the gold bars are the world's future.

Allies and Nazis leaving hand in hand can stay though.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

Mad Katter posted:

Mateship.

:golfclap: Very good.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Mad Katter posted:

Mateship.

Can mateship single handedly depopulate every major costal centre in one bog lap?

I'm so glad our PM wanted to go toe to toe with a nuclear armed nation... You know what he is going to want now, right?

you-so-craycray posted:

SA = Surface to air
SS = Surface to Surface
N = Naval
The number refers to when we first saw it.

So yeah, there can be a SS-N-12 and a SA-N-12. Point of fact, there is. One is a dedicated anti air platform and the one I am talking about, the Sandbox, is a surface to surface missile, hope against hope, armed with a 350 odd kt fission-fusion warhead capable of being precision guided to Tony Abbot's open pie hole.

I am getting a semi thinking of him getting shot out of the sky in an F-35 by Russians while yelling 'stop the boats' due to his own hubris, so you did that bit right.

Spacman fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Nov 14, 2014

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Re halalchat: my favourite yoghurt brand has been halal certified for ages. Shockingly, all it functionally means is that they don't have alcohol or pig bits in there and have someone checking that they don't put it in. When I'm eating out I like it when the food is labelled as halal because it means 1) there are likely to be fewer racist dickweeds involved in food preparation and 2) places with halal certification tend to take it seriously when you ask about animal products or gluten in their food. I've never had a halal-certified place bring me out a pumpkin soup with a big slab of bacon on top or a salad with shredded chicken bits and croutons and try to pass it of as "just garnish" (and then try picking it out of my food with their hands and think that makes it all right).

Anytime we have BBQs at work, everyone always heads instantly for the Halal sausages because the normal ones are loving awful and filled with sawdust or some poo poo, while the Halal ones have actually had some meat put in them and are tasty as heck.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Farm Frenzy posted:

Hahaha was the USU one this year as well? I thght it was 2013. My favourite USyd racist clusterfuck from the past few years is when the USU threw an Indigenous Festival and didn't ask the Koori Centre to be involved except to perform a welcome to country. No one on the organising committee was black. Lol.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Milky Moor posted:

Your housemates are loving idiots.

Those things could circumnavigate the country raining down cleansing nuclear fire all day, after smashing our air assets for breakfast. Why are they there? Because old mate tony kicked off, and old mate Vladimir has the bigger dick. This is why we suck up the US' areshole. Afterwards I'd task them to fire a few at Christchurch. Because gently caress nuke free now you dickheads.

E: I ought to run for PM. Id have LH 2 making plutonium like a star. We have the tech and the plans, that was our deal with the UK, test here and give us the plans.

Spacman fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Nov 14, 2014

newbinator
Nov 14, 2014

Get your shit together.

Spacman posted:

So yeah, there can be a SS-N-12 and a SA-N-12. Point of fact, there is. One is a dedicated anti air platform and the one I am talking about, the Sandbox, is a surface to surface missile, hope against hope, armed with a 350 odd kt fission-fusion warhead capable of being precision guided to Tony Abbot's open pie hole.

I am getting a semi thinking of him getting shot out of the sky in an F-35 by Russians while yelling 'stop the boats' due to his own hubris, so you did that bit right.

I will admit that I actually know SFA about this topic :techno:

However, the thought of Abbott getting blown out of the sky is definitely arousing

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Spacman posted:

Your housemates are loving idiots.

Those things could circumnavigate the country raining down cleansing nuclear fire all day, after smashing our air assets for breakfast. Why are they there? Because old mate tony kicked off, and old mate Vladimir has the bigger dick. This is why we suck up the US' areshole. Afterwards I'd task them to fire a few at Christchurch. Because gently caress nuke free now you dickheads.

E: I ought to run for PM. Id have LH 2 making plutonium like a star. We have the tech and the plans, that was our deal with the UK, test here and give us the plans.

I bet all the pages in your Tom Clancy novels are stuck together.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Can someone post The Courier Mail front page in all its glory? You know. The one declaring war on Russia?

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anidav posted:

Can someone post The Courier Mail front page in all its glory? You know. The one declaring war on Russia?

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
:stare:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3678014&userid=209260

Kim Jong ill
Jul 28, 2010

NORTH KOREA IS ONLY KOREA.

Umm.... your point is?

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

Kim Jong ill posted:

Umm.... your point is?

Dude is real keen on nuclear apocalypse

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Haters Objector posted:

Dude is real keen on nuclear apocalypse

Aren't we all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Aren't we all?

Reported thread to ASIO :smug:

Haha what am I saying, we're all already on a watchlist.

• Locked thread