Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nobby
Sep 10, 2006

Everyone cries when they're stabbed. There's no shame in that.

Gaz-L posted:

And they flee, terrified for their lives because the succubus is a rotting corpse of a woman dragged from hell to wreak bloody revenge?

And it's Madam Satan, she who is constantly foiled by a fat friar riding a donkey.

Seriously. Real, preexisting character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Earth 2 #26

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
That Batman is Thomas Wayne from Flashpoint right?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Nevvy Z posted:

That Batman is Thomas Wayne from Flashpoint right?

Well it's Thomas Wayne, but not from Flashpoint, just from Earth 2. They've got different origins.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I thought something implied that some of them weren't actually from Earth 2 2. I only read like the first 8 or so E-2 books though then started picking up this new numbered series.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr Terrific is from Earth 1, don't know about anyone else

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Nevvy Z posted:

I thought something implied that some of them weren't actually from Earth 2 2. I only read like the first 8 or so E-2 books though then started picking up this new numbered series.

Mr. Terrific is from Earth 1, and it's been implied that Terry Sloane might be from some other Earth (neither 1 or 2) altogether, but otherwise everybody in the series is from Earth 2. Recent additions to the cast Power Girl and Huntress were stranded on Earth 1 for a while and only recently got back home, but they are technically natives.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Anime saves the day in Batgirl #36.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Teenage Fansub posted:

Tiger Knee!

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Savage. What issue did the new team take over?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

That unprotected knee to the helmet would hurt like a motherfucker.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Last panel, most definitely anime.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Superstring posted:

Savage. What issue did the new team take over?

Last month. #35.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Dolash posted:

That unprotected knee to the helmet would hurt like a motherfucker.

You really think she's doing anything unprotected? She's Bat-family. That suit is obviously covered with a layer of flexible fast-hardening microscopic nano Bat-polymer that cushion the blow and leave behind only the fresh scent of pine JUSTICE.

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!
Miniature red sun kneepads.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

New Leaf posted:

You really think she's doing anything unprotected? She's Bat-family. That suit is obviously covered with a layer of flexible fast-hardening microscopic nano Bat-polymer that cushion the blow and leave behind only the fresh scent of pine JUSTICE.

One thing I'm not digging about this series is all the emphasis on how poor she is. In this issue, her computer is busted and she can't fix it because she can't get ahold of a spare hard drive. Really? You don't know anyone that might be able to help you out?

Maybe it's explained elsewhere, but I jumped on last issue cold and have no idea why Bruce isn't helping out.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
She's a strong independent woman who don't need no (Bat)man

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

TwoPair posted:

She's a strong independent woman who don't need no (Bat)man

I'm not imagining her starting a pateron account to fund her crime fighting activities.

I'm really digging the art in those panels I might have to check it out.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Uthor posted:

One thing I'm not digging about this series is all the emphasis on how poor she is. In this issue, her computer is busted and she can't fix it because she can't get ahold of a spare hard drive. Really? You don't know anyone that might be able to help you out?

Maybe it's explained elsewhere, but I jumped on last issue cold and have no idea why Bruce isn't helping out.

Didn't Bruce just lose all of his money in one of the main Bat-books?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Gaz-L posted:

Didn't Bruce just lose all of his money in one of the main Bat-books?

Tony Stark used to lose all his money every other year. It was interesting the first couple of times. :(

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Teenage Fansub posted:

I love that art.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Those pages are the raddest thing I've seen in a DC book in a long, long time.

prefect posted:

Tony Stark used to lose all his money every other year. It was interesting the first couple of times. :(

Did it ever prevent him from, you know, having the most state of the art weapon in the world in perfect working order? Because when it happened recently, it sure didn't, which was weird.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lurdiak posted:

Did it ever prevent him from, you know, having the most state of the art weapon in the world in perfect working order? Because when it happened recently, it sure didn't, which was weird.

His Iron Man-building funds apparently come from another source. Possibly a different dimension. Like the way the Avengers used to be funded by the Maria Stark Foundation, so Tony's business problems didn't screw them all over.

Actually, I did find one example. When the suit's cybernetic interface drove Rhodey crazy, Tony had to go after him in a half-built new suit he had been working on. This was during the time that Obadiah Stane controlled Stark International, and Tony was at a start-up he created.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

That's the Knee That Beat John Cena, King!

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Lurdiak posted:

Those pages are the raddest thing I've seen in a DC book in a long, long time.

I'm unsure. I recall it being in bad repair once or twice during those times he's been without funds(Which is rare in itself), but I forget exactly when.

...I wonder if Doom's armour is still considered equivalent/better than Iron Man's these days?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Bloodly posted:

I'm unsure. I recall it being in bad repair once or twice during those times he's been without funds(Which is rare in itself), but I forget exactly when.

...I wonder if Doom's armour is still considered equivalent/better than Iron Man's these days?

Of course it is. It is Doom :doom:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Bloodly posted:

I think post-extremis, Iron man has the edge, but Doom's got sorcery to make up for the disadvantage.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Gavok posted:

That's the Knee That Beat John Cena, King!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CldHTkYGwog

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

I think post-extremis, Iron man has the edge, but Doom's got sorcery to make up for the disadvantage.

It's a pretty good advantage - after all, *Doom* didn't get taken down by a Skrull virus, did he?

Actually, I just finished reading Secret Invasion, and I don't recall Doom/Latveria really being involved at all...

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They're scared of Reed Richards, so of course they'd leave alone the guy who regularly fucks with him for shits and giggles.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
He was in jail during Secret Invasion right? Might Avengers had him get the poo poo beaten out of him by Sentry and then arrested, then Norman Osborn let him out as a show of goodwill when he took over.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

It's a pretty good advantage - after all, *Doom* didn't get taken down by a Skrull virus, did he?

Actually, I just finished reading Secret Invasion, and I don't recall Doom/Latveria really being involved at all...

This thread would be a good place to post the first episode of the second season of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, which kicks off its own version of Secret Invasion. Doom destroys the Avengers and F4 with little problem.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Gavok posted:

This thread would be a good place to post the first episode of the second season of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, which kicks off its own version of Secret Invasion. Doom destroys the Avengers and F4 with little problem.

Sadly the second season is about 25% as fun as the first other than brief moments like that when Doom clowns the Avengers.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

thebardyspoon posted:

He was in jail during Secret Invasion right? Might Avengers had him get the poo poo beaten out of him by Sentry and then arrested, then Norman Osborn let him out as a show of goodwill when he took over.

It was quite a feat for the Avengers to properly arrest Doom. No diplomatic loopholes, no escape tunnel, no being a doombot, no "You'll have to kill me!" ultimatum, just a plain capture for a proveable crime and incarceration. I knew it wouldn't last, but that was quite a good way to reinforce the fact that this particular Avengers team had a lot of muscle on its side, if not the best moral ground.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

thebardyspoon posted:

Yeah, I guess so. Must have missed that somewhere - been reading a collection of major crossovers and unrelated books/arcs get skipped. I do remember Tony getting all het up to go slap Doom - something about some orbital debris dumping a bioweapon that tracks to Latveria - but then all the focus shifted to World War Hulk or something.

In fact, it was possibly a long-term prerequisite to Secret Invasion, because Doom v. Skrulls would probably overshadow a lot of the SI side-books, like Captain Britain/MI13 and X-Men.

The Black Panther SI tie-in was pretty :black101: though.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Sadly the second season is about 25% as fun as the first other than brief moments like that when Doom clowns the Avengers.

Because of those drat Skrulls! :argh:
At least Ms. Marvel was cool.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Those Batgirl pages are the coolest. Is that something I can pick up and read without knowing or caring about a billion years worth of convoluted origins and retcons? I doubt it's possible for me to care less about Batman and Batman related properties generally, but that little sequence really caught my eye.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

a kitten posted:

Those Batgirl pages are the coolest. Is that something I can pick up and read without knowing or caring about a billion years worth of convoluted origins and retcons? I doubt it's possible for me to care less about Batman and Batman related properties generally, but that little sequence really caught my eye.

I haven't read it myself, but it's a new creative team taking over the book in a specific attempt to take it in a new direction. They started with issue 35 and that's from issue 36, so you might want to pick up 35 as well, but you should be fine beyond that.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Yes. I haven't read a Batman comic in years (pre New-52), stopped reading Batwoman with JH WIlliams, and followed the first two issues of this new run (starting with #35) just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
One of Love & Rockets' most endearing features is the way they straight up pretened that wrestling is real.

And when wrestlers get in street fights... well...