Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Aw man I never did a Milan game as Golden Ambrosian Republic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Hey Dickhead, you know how you were telling me that you don't reduce autonomy as merc repub? I'm reducing as Novgorod. .1% per month for being at peace.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Hey Dickhead, you know how you were telling me that you don't reduce autonomy as merc repub? I'm reducing as Novgorod. .1% per month for being at peace.

That's the base everyone gets, maybe he just meant the government type doesn't have a bonus

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I meant there's no government bonus like everyone admin monarchy/republic and up get

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

I think if you reduced tradition to the point that you became a dictatorship then you would be reducing authority at absolute monarchy levels

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Holy poo poo. Hansa is strong.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pumping Up with Hansa and France

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

Holy poo poo. Hansa is strong.

Yeah, strong smelling.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

All merchant republics are insanely strong thanks to the res publica stuff, and it's weird to me that they haven't nerfed it.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I remember when, to beat Muscovy as Novgorod, you had to take out like 300 loans, ally with Lithuania and PRAY that the PU doesn't fire in your war. Now you just ally with Poland and support Sweden and then easily walk all over Muscovy with your superior morale troops while oyur allies kindly siege everything for oyu.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I remember when, to beat Muscovy as Novgorod, you had to take out like 300 loans, ally with Lithuania and PRAY that the PU doesn't fire in your war. Now you just ally with Poland and support Sweden and then easily walk all over Muscovy with your superior morale troops while oyur allies kindly siege everything for oyu.

Learn to spell.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Want to annex a march? Wait till a war goes sour and offer to cancel vassalage for that march. Free get out of war card and no stab hit.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

I only play good mapgames, not that paradox poo poo.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Panzeh posted:

"Play" in traffic, human being.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Panzeh posted:

Shove that up yo rear end, bitch!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I did a hansa game when res publica came out where i colonized and moved my capital to panama and after building my badass american empire i went to try and form Germany

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Panzeh posted:

How appropriate, since the "virgin queen", is you.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

PleasingFungus posted:

How appropriate, since the "virgin queen", is you.

This.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

when do the religious leauges fire? i'm considering moving more into italy as austria but i dont wanna hurt myself before teh wars start

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What's the pro way to play CK2 tribals? I have a lot of fun as an actual tribal liege but I have no idea what to do once I have a bunch of land, because I'm insanely poor and I never get lucky and capture anyone worth anything while raiding. Rushing merchant republics in the ~40 years it takes to get the money kinda works, but then I have zero levies and get curbstomped. Am I supposed to carve out a realm, form the king title, and then just deal with the gavelkind horror while I build up enough money to city/castle all my holdings???

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i gave up trying to play as saxons to get the anglo-saxon cheevo bc that fuckass charlemagne kept steamrolling us and i failed assassinating hm on the game start

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

i gave up trying to play as saxons to get the anglo-saxon cheevo bc that fuckass charlemagne kept steamrolling us and i failed assassinating hm on the game start

I have been trying to do a Merchant Republic Scandinavian Empire from the early starts and its loving impossible for me because I'm a tard, so now I'm just doing Republic of Gotland like a loser. Probably a lot easier to do, though. Just make Erik the Heathen revolt, convert when he asks me to, and then overthrow his stupid rear end when it's a good time.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The worst part about doing a russia game, is that have to form russia immediately because of those awesome claim events, but your claims for forming it will probably expire.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The worst part about doing a russia game, is that have to form russia immediately because of those awesome claim events, but your claims for forming it will probably expire.

This goes for basically every formable that gives claims. You form them and then since you already probably swallowed all the small people you can never actually press most of them.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

This goes for basically every formable that gives claims. You form them and then since you already probably swallowed all the small people you can never actually press most of them.

I meant as Novgorod. You only get the cool claim events as Russia or Muscovy, so you gotta form Russia before a certain time if you want them, rather than waiting for the perfect moment to poo poo on your enemies.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I meant as Novgorod. You only get the cool claim events as Russia or Muscovy, so you gotta form Russia before a certain time if you want them, rather than waiting for the perfect moment to poo poo on your enemies.

I know what you meant but every formable is the same loving way except for the special Russian events.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

I know what you meant but every formable is the same loving way except for the special Russian events.

Ya they need to be permanent.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Russia took 100s of years to conquer all the poo poo you get claims on, but you only get 25 to do it.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Games.txt

Poil posted:

The game just went haha gently caress you we'll bring in a massively powerful ally with all of their vassals more than a year after the war started. gently caress you too game. One word, winwars. There. No more alliance. If you stop cheating I'll stop cheating right back. :argh:

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Cheating at these games defeats the entire purpose... smdh...

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I only understand this feel when I just started and its a war for everything I own or something.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Ya they need to be permanent.

Dude Mughals pisses me off because you get claims on ALL of India but that poo poo is impossible to press. Especially because everyone will coalition up and you'll have a 25 year truce with the whole drat subcontinent

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

Dude Mughals pisses me off because you get claims on ALL of India but that poo poo is impossible to press. Especially because everyone will coalition up and you'll have a 25 year truce with the whole drat subcontinent

Doesn't the claim pause when you're at truce or did they get rid of that?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

They should give you missions to conquer like the purple phoenix missions.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Doesn't the claim pause when you're at truce or did they get rid of that?

i had the situation where it would expire the same day the truce did and you can't declare war the actual day of expiration so I was hosed.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

but yes it does delay expiration during truce.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its the same thing with hindustan. netherlands has that problem too i guess but since you only need like 5 provinces but you get claims on ~12, it's not nearly as big of a deal. ireland is probably the only one without that problem.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

its the same thing with hindustan. netherlands has that problem too i guess but since you only need like 5 provinces but you get claims on ~12, it's not nearly as big of a deal. ireland is probably the only one without that problem.

prussia gives you cores and i have no clue why the others dont

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wiz, the hosed up cum gurgling friend of the family, should address this problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Spot the glitch: