Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Jemele Hill once tried to make the word "friend of the family" the sports person of the year lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Ehud posted:

Jemele Hill once tried to make the word "friend of the family" the sports person of the year lol

Games journalism

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Ehud posted:

Sometimes it's comforting to think these people are paid to troll because if they are actually trying their best then I demand death

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@OmarKelly: Jameis Winston's rape allegations don't concern me. Stealing crab legs doesn't concern me.What concerns me is his decision making, maturity.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

@OmarKelly: Jameis Winston's rape allegations don't concern me. Stealing crab legs doesn't concern me.What concerns me is his decision making, maturity.

Trigger warning that poo poo, Omar.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I actually expect more from Omar, thought he was a top tier concern troll. That poo poo basic

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wait until his follow up tweet : @fakeomarkelly - if I'm drafting a quarterback I want a guy who doesn't take no. Who goes in for the kill. Ties her up... Wait what was I talking about again?

(It's a meta joke because omar in his infinite wisdom as a talent evaluator constantly refers to KILLS BY A QUARTERBACK. This means he goes for more touchdowns already up and doesn't get conservative

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Holy poo poo John Clayton is cold loving blooded

quote:

Clare Farnsworth and I both came up with the same idea after the 24 games that he played, that once he got hurt, it was an injury that Ron Wolfley, the fullback on the Arizona Cardinals made on him on a hit, on a special teams play I believe, we ended up sending a gift to Ron Wolfley. *laughs*

Q: You gave him a gift for ending the Boz's career?

Clayton: Yeah, pretty much, yeah.

[....]

Clayton: I can't remember exactly what we sent him, but we sent him something because we felt he earned it.

:stare:

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Ehud posted:

holy shat

Do his bosses not read this poo poo?
What a piece of garbage. WOOOO a player who didn't RESPECT THE MEDIA got hurt! YES YES YES

Ribsauce fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Nov 1, 2014

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

That first paragraph, with all its qualifiers, may be, and I'm not kidding here, one of the worst, not to mention most hard to read, that I've seen, maybe in my life.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

MourningView posted:

and he wrote the exact same gigantic column every single week.
Throughout the season I'll occasionally read TMQ. It's very true that every column is exactly the same. It's to the point where I don't even need to finish his sentences/parapgraphs, because I already know where he's going with it.

Stop Me Before I Blitz Again!
Ye gods, the Potomac Drainage Basin Indigenous Persons blitzed seven; allowing [Player] to take a short pass and walk into the end zone.
Yes, the blitz sometimes works: [Example] But the blitz tactic backfires pretty regularly; more below.

I don't know why I read his lovely column. I guess I enjoy hate-reading it. It makes me appreciate the good stuff I suppose.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
Simmons: "You are so in the bag for the Browns. You really are. It reminds me of Peter King's coverage of Roger Goodell over the last few years."
Sal: "If you don't have proof..."

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
It sucks every time I listen to Guess the Lines I have at least two panic attacks where I think it is going to go away again.

If I was driving I would have wrecked when he read the Mike Francesa rant.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Everytime Mike Florio writes a headline that says something along the lines of "Cam Newton is injured (unless he isn't)" I want to punch him right in his mouth.

midwat
May 6, 2007

BobbyK posted:

Everytime Mike Florio writes a headline that says something along the lines of "Cam Newton is injured (unless he isn't)" I want to punch him right in his mouth.

Shame on you if there are times you don't want to punch Florio in the mouth.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@OmarKelly: "@Msavage757: u r a soft mother fucker who hides behind his keyboard"» I ain't never hard to find bro. I'll tell you where I'm gonna be.

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis
Can we nominate a TFF champion to go fight Omar.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Dirt Worshipper posted:

Ross

vvvv lol

DJExile fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Nov 14, 2014

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

his health won't allow it

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hartline likes to call Omar out.

@OmarKelly: By the time the pressure got there neither WR even crossed. But there was nobody to pick, so why didn't Clay just sit it down? Flaw on play

@brianhartline: @OmarKelly there you go talking about something you know zero about... Cmon man

I hope Omar responds.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

@kentsomers Palmer's a true pro. Meets with reporters less than 24 hrs after ACL tear. He gets it.

Half of beat reporting is ASSUAGE MY EGO.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Its Miller Time posted:

@kentsomers Palmer's a true pro. Meets with reporters less than 24 hrs after ACL tear. He gets it.

Half of beat reporting is ASSUAGE MY EGO.

Jesus christ. That seems so ghoulish.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

Hartline likes to call Omar out.

@OmarKelly: By the time the pressure got there neither WR even crossed. But there was nobody to pick, so why didn't Clay just sit it down? Flaw on play

@brianhartline: @OmarKelly there you go talking about something you know zero about... Cmon man

I hope Omar responds.

Hartline calls everyone out in every avenue god I love him on miami. He's so loving blunt lol.

I've mentioned he does Paul and young Ron all the time and last time he was on he called out wallaces comments saying he understands what he means but it does come off bad after every loss

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Dirt Worshipper posted:

Both Ehud and Ross, it'd be like Master Blaster

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Dirt Worshipper posted:

I'd volunteer, but I don't want to go to Miami. Can he meet me halfway?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Hartline calls everyone out in every avenue god I love him on miami. He's so loving blunt lol.

I've mentioned he does Paul and young Ron all the time and last time he was on he called out wallaces comments saying he understands what he means but it does come off bad after every loss

I just read his Wikipedia page, and it says he owns and operates some random convenience store in Ohio during the offseason? Like, he hangs out at a 7-11 in his free time? Because that's pretty fantastic, way better than a restaurant or car dealership or whatever.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Man, that reporter's tweet about Carson Palmer is strangely the most infuriated thing I've seen in this thread. gently caress that rear end in a top hat

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Rasczak posted:

Both Ehud and Ross, it'd be like Master Blaster

Ehud would probably grab Ross by leg and swing him like a mace or a flail.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

If your blood dries before you give a press conference, you don't want to be in the league enough

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Pron on VHS posted:

Man, that reporter's tweet about Carson Palmer is strangely the most infuriated thing I've seen in this thread. gently caress that rear end in a top hat

I'm more confused, since I'd figure Palmer would be a cancer to sports writers, since he actually quit on his team.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Marketing New Brain posted:

I'm more confused, since I'd figure Palmer would be a cancer to sports writers, since he actually quit on his team.
Well he didn't quit on the beat writers, and that's the important thing.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
I had like 20 meltdowns at the way the media took Palmer's side in that. The exact same people who crucified 85 the year before were applauding Palmer. It was disgusting.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Ribsauce posted:

I had like 20 meltdowns at the way the media took Palmer's side in that. The exact same people who crucified 85 the year before were applauding Palmer. It was disgusting.

Yeah while I fully support Palmer for what he did, it was obvious they were only on his side because he is willing to work with them a bit.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
Yeah reading part of MMQB was bad and I should feel bad but loving come on PK how can you be this fuckin smug

quote:

FACTOIDS OF THE WEEK THAT MAY INTEREST ONLY ME

I

My apartment in Manhattan is 1,480 square feet in area. We have two televisions. [...]

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Blotto Skorzany posted:

Yeah reading part of MMQB was bad and I should feel bad but loving come on PK how can you be this fuckin smug

I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick BatemanPeter King.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Thaddius the Large posted:

I just read his Wikipedia page, and it says he owns and operates some random convenience store in Ohio during the offseason? Like, he hangs out at a 7-11 in his free time? Because that's pretty fantastic, way better than a restaurant or car dealership or whatever.

Drive thru convenience stores. He opened one and works it so he can learn management skills in the offseason for when he retires. Honestly he strikes me as a guy like crowder who will make his certain dollar figure and leave to secure his brain function. Even if he's cut this year he's still earned something like 12 million over the past 4 years. He's got the skills to. Stick around another 3-4 years in the nfl at a high dollar (over vet minimum) price imo

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@OmarKelly: Advice: Don't send me like 15 tweets in a row. Play hard to get a little. That's like texting a girl you like non-stop. Pace yourself.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

@OmarKelly: Advice: Don't send me like 15 tweets in a row. Play hard to get a little. That's like texting a girl you like non-stop. Pace yourself.

This guy needs his own thread.

Heteroy
Mar 13, 2004

:fork::fork::fork:
Yam Slacker
Listening to him on the radio when he calls in to local shows, literally everything he says is accompanied by a pat on his own back for how much tape he studies and how keen his eye is, so even when he has something bordering on insight, it's delivered dripping in self satisfaction. Dude's ego and sense of importance is legendary.

His level of narcissism is so overgrown that even when he says something stupid and obviously wrong he can never admit such a thing to himself, let alone show any sign of sincere contrition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
And it's why we love him

• Locked thread