Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Woden
May 6, 2006

Some Numbers posted:

Maybe it was Helena! A crossbow would be different than a compound bow, right?

Edit: Wait, she's actually in jail this time, isn't she? Dammit.

Crossbow bolts are also different than arrows, so easy to tell apart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
RIGHT. OF COURSE.

That was kind of dumb.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Also crossbows shoot really loving hard and thus would not yield shallow wounds

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mooseontheloose posted:

I also I thought Roy asking Ollie not to abandon him was very intense.

Did anyone else fist-pump when Ollie said "Never" or was it just me?

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

Maybe it was Helena! A crossbow would be different than a compound bow, right?

Edit: Wait, she's actually in jail this time, isn't she? Dammit.

Also, crossbow bolts are different from regular arrows. I guess she could have jury-rigged a crossbow that shoots arrows instead, but she isn't actually an archery wiz.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
So Roy didn't kill Sara but the arrows that did had his dna and the virtual autopsy matched up with his height, etc. Coincidence? Was this explained and I want paying attention because I couldn't stop thinking about boxing glove arrows?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Timett posted:

So Roy didn't kill Sara but the arrows that did had his dna and the virtual autopsy matched up with his height, etc. Coincidence? Was this explained and I want paying attention because I couldn't stop thinking about boxing glove arrows?

It wasn't his DNA. She just couldn't confirm that.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Timett posted:

Weren't the DNA on the arrows inconclusive?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Timett posted:

The DNA was inconclusive and the height wasn't a match for Roy it was just inconsistent with being fired from a bow of the archers they knew of I think.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, you hold a bow up high so the relatively level arrows in Sara's stomach would have to be from someone tiny, or some weird bow usage.

At first I thought it was just a dramatic choice, but looks like it's part of the mystery now.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah, you hold a bow up high so the relatively level arrows in Sara's stomach would have to be from someone tiny, or some weird bow usage.

At first I thought it was just a dramatic choice, but looks like it's part of the mystery now.

You only hold a bow up high in one pose. Ollie's fired from the hip before, gangsta style. You can get a good foot difference between stances.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Cool. She must have said "inconclusive" and I missed the"in" part.

I swore she was like "yeah checking it against his dna was the first thing I checked and it was pretty conclusive plus there's all this other stuff too" /paraphrasing

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Number 1 suspect for me is still Ra's Al Ghul based entirely on ~ethnic~ musical sting that now follows the opening title.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
You may be right that it is Ras, but that sting is more likely because this is the Hong Kong flashback season.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
It was Ras. "She was never really one of us".

How much more in your face does it need to be?

Woden
May 6, 2006

ded posted:

Been my thoughts since she died as well, it'll get the most drama with the father/daughter infighting.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Aphrodite posted:

It was Maggie Simpson!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Woden posted:

Been my thoughts since she died as well, it'll get the most drama with the father/daughter infighting.

I really want it to be Talia who carried out the actual killing, so we can get even more family backstabby drama.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Phylodox posted:

Oh, poo poo, Grundy's back!

I'm still waiting for this to happen. :(

Rhyno posted:

Did anyone else fist-pump when Ollie said "Never" or was it just me?

No, but I almost expected them to kiss right after.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Amell said that there was 3 things he could tell us and one of them was a lie.

One was that Ollie isn't the first vigilante, what were the other two? Have we seen enough to determine which one was the lie?

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

ded posted:

I think Ras was responsible, but not directly - he likely sent a lackey to do it. It doesn't even have to be anybody that we have already seen, just somebody that Sara would know from the League.

Gatito
Mar 29, 2010
I've just noticed the heart shaped tips on Cupids arrows.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Azubah posted:

Amell said that there was 3 things he could tell us and one of them was a lie.

One was that Ollie isn't the first vigilante, what were the other two? Have we seen enough to determine which one was the lie?

It was two lies and a truth.
"We're gonna do a boxing glove arrow."
"Not everybody makes it."
"Roy is the only one to get a new superhero suit"

Which is odd because that's two truths and a lie.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Senerio posted:

It was two lies and a truth.
"We're gonna do a boxing glove arrow."
"Not everybody makes it."
"Roy is the only one to get a new superhero suit"

Which is odd because that's two truths and a lie.

It was actually Roy is not the only one, so it's 3 truths.

I do remember something about Ollie not being the first vigilante too though.

Here's the post: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3573125&pagenumber=57&perpage=40#post422640060

It was during last season though.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Nov 14, 2014

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I have two theories who the killer could be.
1. Ollie's Japanese handler guy in Hong Kong whose name escapes me at the moment. I don't know why he'd do it, but there's still lots of Hong Kong flashbacks to get through.
2. Tommy Merlyn. Sure, he had a building fall on him, but death didn't stop his father from coming back, and they have ties to Ra's, whose entire gimmick is coming back to life.
3. Harrison Wells.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I have two theories who the killer could be.
1. Ollie's Japanese handler guy in Hong Kong whose name escapes me at the moment. I don't know why he'd do it, but there's still lots of Hong Kong flashbacks to get through.
2. Tommy Merlyn. Sure, he had a building fall on him, but death didn't stop his father from coming back, and they have ties to Ra's, whose entire gimmick is coming back to life.
3. Harrison Wells.

Firing from a wheelchair would explain the odd angle.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Whizbang posted:

It was Maggie Simpson!

We need a montage of every major character in Starling City shooting firing arrows at Sara.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I would guess the guy with shrinking powers but he's not even getting those in the show.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Krad posted:

I'm still waiting for this to happen. :(

On second thought, that can't be right. Solomon Grundy no fight girls.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Detective No. 27 posted:

3. Harrison Wells.

Sarah didn't get shanked, so that is impossible.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
It was Gorilla Grood, and its the reason for the crossover.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
How about Shado

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Aphrodite posted:

It was actually Roy is not the only one, so it's 3 truths.

I do remember something about Ollie not being the first vigilante too though.

Here's the post: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3573125&pagenumber=57&perpage=40#post422640060

It was during last season though.

I watched this right before making it so I did remember

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

e X posted:

Actually, if you look at the wounds on Sara's body, they look more like knife wounds than arrow wounds.

Sara was stabbed.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Phenotype posted:

Actually, if you look at the wounds on Sara's body, they look more like knife wounds than arrow wounds.

Sara was stabbed.

So you're saying the Punisher killed her with his knife-gun?

nevermind, of course, the arrows we actually saw. WE'RE the unreliable narrators in this story arc. Fuckin' meta.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Phenotype posted:

Sara was stabbed.

By time travelling bullets?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
She could have survives the arrows. She was killed by gravity. Are there any DC characters with gravity powers? Yeah, Starman.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

greatn posted:

She could have survives the arrows. She was killed by gravity. Are there any DC characters with gravity powers? Yeah, Starman.

But will he bring his team - The spiders from Mars?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Okay, so they did the boxing glove arrow, so that's true. We've seen proof of Laurel's costume, so the last one is a lie.

Everyone makes it through season 3 then? Odd, since they already killed Sara.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

The Shortest Path posted:

I really want it to be Talia who carried out the actual killing, so we can get even more family backstabby drama.

I'm hoping. It won't happen, but stranger things (such as Ras on TV) have happened. It would give Nyssa some more motive to go rogue, and set up a pretty loving sweet fight.

e X posted:

Ever since his particle accelerator died, the impossible has become possible. :flashfact:

edit: One last thing; I have zero problems with Cupid being Huntress 2.0, because instead of it being an unintended case of bad writing, the gimmick is that she has a horrifying case of one-sided affection. We then get to :magical: right along with Oliver. So bring on the cheese.

Warmachine fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Nov 14, 2014

• Locked thread