Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Cardboard Box posted:

giant bomb has actually talked about this thing in recent weeks. a lot of review embargos are either the day of or day before release, it doesn't usually mean anything.

that said i'm not expecting this game to be reviewed super well, but wrestling games almost never are

Yeah, what you should watch for in games it's review copies not being sent out at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Or post-release embargoes like with AC Unity. I think the game was on sale for 12 hours before reviews could be posted.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
That's what's happening this time. The review embargo lifts the night of release day, not the morning. The game will be on sale (and pre-orders intact and fulfilled) for the whole day before reviews can go live.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

pressedbunny posted:

That's what's happening this time. The review embargo lifts the night of release day, not the morning. The game will be on sale (and pre-orders intact and fulfilled) for the whole day before reviews can go live.

Are you sure? That sounds particularly bizarre.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

pressedbunny posted:

I saw midnight tuesday as in when it becomes tuesday.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

that's usually what it means, yeah.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

That was informative, until it cut out before the part I really want to see, the moves list. I hope in the career mode we dont get hosed from the start and have to use a generic moves set.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Don't worry, they probably got rid of all the superfluous moves just like they did for the entrances.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Somebody mentioned that there are going to be nerfs made to the Supercard KOTR mode but I can't find any specifics on the developer's twitter or the Supercard forum. Can someone fill me in as to what changes are going to be made? I'm currently languishing in a weird purgatory of being too OP for UR KOTR (and having over 20 UR wrestlers in my collection at the moment) but not being good enough to win an Epic KOTR (because every one I enter is filled with guys playing with stacked hands of Legendary pros and a bench of common cards) so if they're going to make it even harder to get pairs of cards then I guess I'll uninstall now and save myself the grind.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

pressedbunny posted:

Who the hell pre-orders games these days… we are past the days where games are on cartridges and actually scarce on their release date. The last time I had trouble finding a game on the first day was back in the N64 days.

Edit: God, what horrible announcing…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIxR0jAFXDQ&t=170s

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

cyberia posted:

Somebody mentioned that there are going to be nerfs made to the Supercard KOTR mode but I can't find any specifics on the developer's twitter or the Supercard forum. Can someone fill me in as to what changes are going to be made? I'm currently languishing in a weird purgatory of being too OP for UR KOTR (and having over 20 UR wrestlers in my collection at the moment) but not being good enough to win an Epic KOTR (because every one I enter is filled with guys playing with stacked hands of Legendary pros and a bench of common cards) so if they're going to make it even harder to get pairs of cards then I guess I'll uninstall now and save myself the grind.

quote:

As for King of the Ring rewards, they are too generous. KotR is fairly short and to get Pro cards so easily makes it the path of least resistance to upgrade your deck. The generous rewards plus the current lack of drops from the board made it this way. When we change the drop system on the board we will be changing the KotR rewards at the same time to ensure both paths are good ways to upgrade your deck for the commensurate amount of effort.

Source: 2K forums post by a dev

So no specifics yet, but it seems like the exhibition drop rate will be tweaked somewhat and the KOTR rewards won't be the same.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Astro7x posted:

Who the hell pre-orders games these days… we are past the days where games are on cartridges and actually scarce on their release date. The last time I had trouble finding a game on the first day was back in the N64 days.
People suckered in by pre-order bonuses and the MUST HAVE NOW mentality that publishers have cultivated.

Daniel Bryan posted:

Are you sure? That sounds particularly bizarre.

Swagger Dagger posted:

I saw midnight tuesday as in when it becomes tuesday.
Absolutely positive. Other than accounting for time zones, nothing is getting out for Tuesday. It's an embargo and not an NDA, though, so don't be surprised if shops break street date or EU publications say gently caress it and put reviews out on the Monday, with US publications then following suit because gently caress it who cares at that point. (In fairness, I've broken embargos a little early before, myself, and nothing really came of it because it was only something like 7 hours ahead of time; it's a bitch when people don't specify time zones. So you never know, writers may say gently caress it regardless. I would hope so.)

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw3ea2iSGC8

I love how huge the ladders are. It's like every ladder is that gigantic joke ladder Big Show used. Hopefully the gigantic steel chair is in there somewhere, too.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

pressedbunny posted:

People suckered in by pre-order bonuses and the MUST HAVE NOW mentality that publishers have cultivated.

Absolutely positive. Other than accounting for time zones, nothing is getting out for Tuesday. It's an embargo and not an NDA, though, so don't be surprised if shops break street date or EU publications say gently caress it and put reviews out on the Monday, with US publications then following suit because gently caress it who cares at that point. (In fairness, I've broken embargos a little early before, myself, and nothing really came of it because it was only something like 7 hours ahead of time; it's a bitch when people don't specify time zones. So you never know, writers may say gently caress it regardless. I would hope so.)

I don't think anybody's expecting reviews on Monday, just that they'll be out Tuesday when the game is. They aren't being held for 24-hours post-release unless I'm totally misreading the statements I've seen.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

pressedbunny posted:

You forgot to mention pre-loading so you can play right away when the game unlocks.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Midnight on Tuesday literally always means 'as soon as it's Tuesday', release date embargos are really common and not much of an indication either way on quality. Lack of review copies, post release embargoes, those are what make you go 'oh poo poo this is gonna suck'.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I pre-ordered because I wanted Sting and wanted it pre-loaded, and unless it's even more broken than the last couple of years I'll probably still enjoy it enough to justify the purchase.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TheJoker138 posted:

I pre-ordered because I wanted Sting and wanted it pre-loaded, and unless it's even more broken than the last couple of years I'll probably still enjoy it enough to justify the purchase.

Same here, I did it for pre-load and because I'm a huge Sting mark, WWE knows how to hit me.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Why do all the videos this guy is uploading to YouTube have no entrance music?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Don't get flagged by Content ID that way.

ColeM
Dec 23, 2007
New User Alert!

TheJoker138 posted:

Yeah, what you should watch for in games it's review copies not being sent out at all.

Or if the reviewers are sent guides on how to review the developer's game. Remember lair?(lovely dragon game where you could only use motion controls to control the dragon)

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Every shut up, here's the true King of Video Games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZOd2rzn1H4

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

Every shut up, here's the true King of Video Games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZOd2rzn1H4

That's definitely a fan-made project saying they're bringing a "real" pro wrestling game back. Ambitious update to the AKI engine most likely.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Please be excited.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Phenix Rising posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw3ea2iSGC8

I love how huge the ladders are. It's like every ladder is that gigantic joke ladder Big Show used. Hopefully the gigantic steel chair is in there somewhere, too.

Well, it's good to see the wrestler models on the PS4 look like poo poo too. At least not everything's changed. AJ looks likes Punk's been beating her, Summer looks like her lips have been shown shut. And Naomi looks like a caricature. A racist caricature.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijRULiMjdM4

A nice matchup featuring chain grappling and stamina. Looks nice actually.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I like how Supercard gives you a second Cena UR when you hit 9000 games. As if you'll play that many and still need UR cards.

Edit: In that video, did King just read out a list of move names that are assigned to the character? Hilarious.

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Nov 14, 2014

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Yeah the ladder rewards just become completely useless after you hit Pro SR Paige, they need to basically halve the gaps between them at that point.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010
Welp, guess I am gonna buy this game.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman
It looks like William Regal is an unlockable character in the next gen version Combine that with the WCW DLC pack and this game will have two William Regals.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Xbox One 1080p, 60fps footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH8k7KEyMxY

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
They changed some ratings from last gen to current gen.

Currently is Current gen, Was is last gen.

Adrian Neville: currently 87, was 87
Del Rio 2014: currently 91, was 88
Del Rio 2011: currently 90, was 87
Bad News Barrett: currently 88, was 84
Batista 2014: currently 90, was 88
Batista 2003: currently 90, was 89
Big E: currently 87, was 84
Big Show: currently 87, was 87
Bo Dallas: currently 84, was 83
Booker T: currently 89, was 85
Bray Wyatt: currently 90, was 89
Brock Lesnar: currently 94, was 92
Cesaro: currently 93, was 86 (!!!)
Chris Jericho 2014: currently 90, was 88
Chris Jericho 2002: currently 94 (!!!), was 92
CM Punk 2011-2012: currently 93, was 92
CM Punk 2012-2013: currently 92, was 91
Cody Rhodes: currently 89, was 85
Corey Graves: currently 80, was 79
Curtis Axel: currently 87, was 81
Damien Sandow: currently 87, was 83
Daniel Bryan 2014: currently 94, was 94
Daniel Bryan 2012: currently 88, was 90
Darren Young: currently 84, was 81
Dean Ambrose: currently 91, was 88
Dolph Ziggler: currently 85, was 84
Erick Rowan: currently 88, was 84
Fandango: currently 85, was 80
Goldust: currently 86, was 85
Jack Swagger: currently 89, was 85
Jey Uso: currently 87, was 85
Jimmy Uso: currently 87, was 85
John Cena: currently 96, was 96
Justin Gabriel: currently 82, was 81
Kane 2014: currently 90, was 91 (!!!)
Kane 2002: currently 90, was 88
Kevin Nash: currently 90, was 87
Kofi Kingston: currently 85, was 84
Luke Harper: currently 90, was 86
Mark Henry: currently 85, was 84
The Miz: currently 84, was 84
Randy Orton 2014: currently 92, was 90
Randy Orton 2004: currently 84, was 86
Rey Mysterio: currently 89, was 84
Ric Flair: currently 91, was 91
Rob Van Dam: currently 88, was 86
The Rock: currently 91, was 91
Roman Reigns: currently 92, was 89
R-Truth: currently 83, was 84
Rusev: currently 88, was 84
Ryback: currently 87, was 84
Sami Zayn: currently 85, was 86
Santino Marella: currently 81, was 80
Seth Rollins: currently 93, was 89
Shawn Michaels: currently 95, was 95
Shaemus: currently 93, was 93
Stone Cold Steve Austin: currently 92, was 90
Titus O'Neil: currently 85, was 83
Triple H: currently 93, was 91
Tyson Kidd: currently 82, was 84
Ultimate Warrior: currently 89, was 90
Undertaker: currently 94, was 93
Xavier Woods: currently 80, was 83

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

That system sounds really tedious.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
Cesaro is higher than most of the rest of the roster. I like that.

e; and he is rated higher than Orton, and on par with HHH.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Lesnar is a 94 when Cena is a 96? Uh... Lesnar beat the Undertaker.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I like that this implies they took the time to photoreference all the wrestlers without shirts, even if they always wear one.

Maybe that explains why they couldn't get the divas in CAWs!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Skunkrocker posted:

Lesnar is a 94 when Cena is a 96? Uh... Lesnar beat the Undertaker.

The Undertaker is also a 94 and never fought Cena (who would obviously win if he did)!

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I honestly have no idea if this company love or hates Cesaro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

The current IC champ is rated lower than Damien Sandow and Erick Rowan. Let that sink in.