Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
drat Yennefer is badass in that trailer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
Umm...is this thread going to be the official all "The Witcher" series title thread or will there be a new one for Witcher 3? I'm not sure where to look for new info.

Also, I was browsing Witcher 3 on Amazon yesterday and they have some nice screenshots, though I'm not sure if those were already posted elsewhere.

And, some fun stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql7gffhmrUA

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Section 31 posted:

Umm...is this thread going to be the official all "The Witcher" series title thread or will there be a new one for Witcher 3? I'm not sure where to look for new info.

From last page (a page you posted on):

Coughing Hobo posted:

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

Beautiful CGI as always.

Anyway how is the OP coming for the new thread? I feel like we should be moving over there as there has been a decent amount of media released.
I had kind of a shakeup at work so it kind of fell on my list of priorities, but things have settled down, and I aim to have it ready by Wednesday.

Thanks for the link, though, hadnt seen that before.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Platige films will do a full length Witcher movie, supposedly with live actors, instead of all CGI. They did some awesome CGI work: http://www.platige.com/pl/cinematic/
let's hope they are up to challenge.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Am I the only one that would prefer they just did it all CGI?

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

The Sharmat posted:

Am I the only one that would prefer they just did it all CGI?

Supposedly their rationale for doing live action is that when people think about CGI movies they think about Pixar, and they want to do a story about killing monsters, sex and inapropriate behaviour.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

alex314 posted:

Supposedly their rationale for doing live action is that when people think about CGI movies they think about Pixar, and they want to do a story about killing monsters, sex and inapropriate behaviour.

So this is a chance to educate people that you can do more with animation than penguins with huge eyes.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I've been waiting for someone to do that for western animation for years, and it's just not going to happen.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.
m-m-m-m-egapost?

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Sure

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

what

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

But it isn't Wednesday.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

The Sharmat posted:

I've been waiting for someone to do that for western animation for years, and it's just not going to happen.

Starship Troopera sequels are all cgi with plenty of violence and nudity it sucks but they did it one is on Netflix

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

The Sharmat posted:

The problem is that chances are it would just lose crazy amounts of money. And why would a studio fund something they know would be a failure? Animation isn't cheap.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
It works for the Japanese. I don't know why it doesn't work for us.

Hammy
May 26, 2006
umop apisdn
I've had this in Steam forever and finally started playing it but the text is unreadable on my TV and I can't get comfy couch to work. I put the dzip in the CookedPC folder but nothing shows up in the launcher's mod menu and the text hasn't changed. Is this an issue with the Steam version or am I just retarded?

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Steam tends to gently caress with mods in some games. Luckily if you own the Steam version you can download the GOG version for free.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

The problem is that chances are it would just lose crazy amounts of money. And why would a studio fund something they know would be a failure? Animation isn't cheap.

Geralt is beloved across Eastern Europe, and is gaining an audience in the Anglosphere. It could easily par for itself long before needing dubbing into English.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Khazar-khum posted:

Geralt is beloved across Eastern Europe, and is gaining an audience in the Anglosphere. It could easily par for itself long before needing dubbing into English.

I was referring more to an "adult" animated film being manufactured in the US. I'd love a fully CGI Witcher movie and I'm kinda sad they aren't going with that.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

https://www.behance.net/gallery/21500317/The-Witcher-3-Steelbooks
Graphics from limited edition steelbook covers. I'd buy some of them in poster form.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

:swoon:

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Just saw the 37 minute gameplay video for the first time and god drat, I'm happy that I just updated my PC so I can finally play The Witcher 2 properly and finish it before this monster of a game is released. :aaaaa:

Also pre-ordered from GOG as 43.79€ + 5.70€ in store credit sounded like a good deal. I got horribly burned the last time I pre-ordered a game (Rome II...) and vowed to never do it again, but gently caress it, I like and trust CD Projekt RED enough to make an exception.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Meta-Mollusk posted:

Also pre-ordered from GOG as 43.79€ + 5.70€ in store credit sounded like a good deal. I got horribly burned the last time I pre-ordered a game (Rome II...) and vowed to never do it again, but gently caress it, I like and trust CD Projekt RED enough to make an exception.

I've gotten burned too many times as well, especially with Total War products (never again!), but CDPR is the only company I will pre-order from, especially if they are competent and smart enough to delay their game (by what, 6 months?) on purpose to give them more time to perfect it. It wasnt a last minute "Oh we're facing delays we have to push it back a month" x6. It was "hey guys our game is supposed to come out later this year, but to give us more time to make sure it is good, we are pushing its release date back 6 months". I was all :allears: because I have this odd hardon for games that are complete on release.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Nov 28, 2014

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
OK, so playing through Witcher 2 and Geralt got wasted with the Blue Stripes and woke up with a silly/sweet neck tattoo. Please tell me that my imported save Geralt will still have it in 3 if I choose to keep it. :allears:

Bort Bortles posted:

I've gotten burned too many times as well, especially with Total War products (never again!), but CDPR is the only company I will pre-order from, especially if they are competent and smart enough to delay their game (by what, 6 months?) on purpose to give them more time to perfect it. It wasnt a last minute "Oh we're facing delays we have to push it back a month" x6. It was "hey guys our game is supposed to come out later this year, but to give us more time to make sure it is good, we are pushing its release date back 6 months". I was all :allears: because I have this odd hardon for games that are complete on release.

Yeah, and if there are still problems after the game launches, I have no doubt that CDPR will do their best to fix everything ASAP.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Bort Bortles posted:

I was all :allears: because I have this odd hardon for games that are complete on release.

You must have the bluest balls in all of gaming.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

The gameplay video was really cool, the three dames were a great wtf moment and it's c thaoolt in the Witcher even when you think you're doing the right thing you're gonna get a gut punch.

I like my dark fantasy...

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Meta-Mollusk posted:

Yeah, and if there are still problems after the game launches, I have no doubt that CDPR will do their best to fix everything ASAP.

Indeed.

Subjunctive posted:

You must have the bluest balls in all of gaming.

I only buy things on sale on steam 6+ months after they are released. e.g. I just bought Borderlands 2 :v:

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Fleet of foot, and all that!
I can't believe there isn't a Save Game Editor of some sort out for this, given how long it's been out for. I've only just found out that you don't earn enough Talents to even max out a single Skill tree, which is nuts considering how many talent points the first game threw at you.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

If anybody doesn't have the first two games, they are currently on sale on GoG together for less than $5. And remember that you get a discount on Witcher 3 if you own the first two.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Is the steelcase only part of the Collector's Edition?

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

Yoshimo posted:

I can't believe there isn't a Save Game Editor of some sort out for this, given how long it's been out for. I've only just found out that you don't earn enough Talents to even max out a single Skill tree, which is nuts considering how many talent points the first game threw at you.

This mod here gives you two skill points a level instead of just one. There's one that give you three but that might be considered a tad excessive.

How big is the difficulty jump from Hard to Dark?

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Lareine posted:

It's doable, I'm working my way through it. I'm running the Full Combat Rebalance mod however so it might be a bit different.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

Lareine posted:

If you can beat the game on hard you can beat it on dark. Positioning so as to not get hit goes from important to crucial but otherwise it's not too different. Play a bit of the arena on the two difficulties and you'll get a quick impression.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Lareine posted:

This mod here gives you two skill points a level instead of just one. There's one that give you three but that might be considered a tad excessive.

You didn't get hit on Hard, right? Just do the same on Dark. Unless you can riposte, dodging is everything.

E:

Cirofren posted:

If you can beat the game on hard you can beat it on dark. Positioning so as to not get hit goes from important to crucial but otherwise it's not too different. Play a bit of the arena on the two difficulties and you'll get a quick impression.

I beat the game on Hard and Dark but the tutorial arena suggests Easy or Normal every time. :v: I don't know what it is about that but it just seems way harder.

GrossMurpel fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Dec 5, 2014

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

GrossMurpel posted:

I beat the game on Hard and Dark but the tutorial arena suggests Easy or Normal every time. :v: I don't know what it is about that but it just seems way harder.

What I found that makes the tutorial arena so hard for me is the change in the roll mechanics. Usually you just need to double tap the WASD keys in the direction you want to go but the tutorial arena forces you to use the spacebar which makes it a lot more fiddly.

Lareine fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Dec 5, 2014

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Lareine posted:

What I found that makes the tutorial arena so hard for me is the change in the roll mechanics. Usually you just need to double tap the WASD keys in the direction you want to go but the tutorial arena forces you to use the spacebar which makes it a lot more fiddly.

I didn't know people actually use double tap. That's always way too inaccurate and slightly too slow for me.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
A new trailer came out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtEO2xZ7BzQ

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

people on the CDprojekt forum are complaining about how this trailer looks worse than previous ones, and WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO HIDE CRPROJEKT RED?

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Eh, it is probably the console version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I guess it's just too subtle for me to notice.

• Locked thread