Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toasta
Jan 18, 2006
All shall fade to black.
Man, some of these streams really make me realize how bad a lot of people are at games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Bobtista posted:

Looks like just the ports, and I assume they can tell by the fact people are literally only streaming the new features because that's the entire thing people do for e-cred when they get games early.

The French guy who just got posted is still up, presumably because he's not staying in FPS mode and is just doing missions like normal GTA V. Pretty smart on his behalf I suppose except that leaves me with no real reason to watch it.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
werfzfr or something is down too now

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

ChibiSoma posted:

I saw Devil Went Down to Georgia and Elvira. Those alone would've been enough to get me hyped. This is finally going to knock San Andreas off its Best Radio throne. Everyone put on Danger Zone at least once while flying a jet around. Having it in-game is great! Regulate and It Was a Good Day being in, also fantastic!

hell to the yeah

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

King Vidiot posted:

But do they do that on every GTA V stream or just streams of the new port? And how do they prove which one someone's playing unless they're showing off the new FPS mode?

It seems ridiculous to shut down GTA V streams when the game's like a year old now, new port or not.

They do it on unreleased games. This the new game isn't out yet so they're exercising their right to have the stream removed.

The new GTAV has a new minimap so it's pretty obvious if they're playing the new one. Plus all the dumbasses label the stream "NEW GTAV STREAM" to get maximum viewers.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

FCKGW posted:

The new GTAV has a new minimap so it's pretty obvious if they're playing the new one.

So what you're saying is all the streamers need to do is cover up the minimap

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Toasta posted:

Man, some of these streams really make me realize how bad a lot of people are at games.

Tell me about it. I thought I was average at games, but these chumps make me look like the Michelangelo of games or something.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Tell me about it. I thought I was average at games, but these chumps make me look like the Michelangelo of games or something.

What's worse is that some of these people make money out of it.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Is that Elvira as in the song from The Misfits? Because that's p. cool if true.

Edit: wtf am I hallucinating misfits songs now? google doesn't seem to think that's a real thing.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Any lanks to streams?

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Well if they aren't going to add in a Saint's Row garage system, at the very least somebody should be able to rig up some kind of car spawning system like people did for GTA 4. That'd be good enough for me honestly.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Mystery solved, it was Vampira. I know you were all dying to know.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Oom papa oom papa mow mow

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I should try streaming from my car using my hotspot on my phone and just drive around LA and see if I get shutdown also.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
If you're only using the hotspot on your phone and not wardriving wouldn't it pretty much be the same deal?

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

I should try streaming from my car using my hotspot on my phone and just drive around LA and see if I get shutdown also.

If you're going that far, just record yourself running people over, upload it to youtube and say it's GTA5

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

If you're going that far, just record yourself running people over, upload it to youtube and say it's GTA5

Exclusive!! 4K textures!

Lank
Sep 16, 2002

WHERE IS THE CHANCELLOR?!

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

Any lanks to streams?

Sorry man, I don't stream.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The GTA nerd in me decided to make a game on Sporcle based on the brands which have appeared in multiple games. I came up with 22 that might be fairly easy to remember, but am looking for feedback:

http://www.sporcle.com/games/JSprague24/grand-theft-auto-brand-names

Let me know what you think.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

CBJSprague24 posted:

The GTA nerd in me decided to make a game on Sporcle based on the brands which have appeared in multiple games. I came up with 22 that might be fairly easy to remember, but am looking for feedback:

http://www.sporcle.com/games/JSprague24/grand-theft-auto-brand-names

Let me know what you think.

I think you have brain damage.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Lank posted:

Sorry man, I don't stream.

lol
e: gently caress emojis dont work.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
someone rehosted the video that gif was from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=727ilJgUvAI

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

echronorian posted:

someone rehosted the video that gif was from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=727ilJgUvAI
Come on, GameFly, ship this poo poo out already :f5:

So with first person mode, is it activated by a button press that cycles views or is it like a setting that you can switch to always be on?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Come on, GameFly, ship this poo poo out already :f5:

So with first person mode, is it activated by a button press that cycles views or is it like a setting that you can switch to always be on?

On the PS4 you use the touchpad on the controller, so it should be a button press for the Xbone and PC. Apparently exactly how it's configured (like whether taking cover and driving are third or first person) will be in settings.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

chitoryu12 posted:

On the PS4 you use the touchpad on the controller, so it should be a button press for the Xbone and PC. Apparently exactly how it's configured (like whether taking cover and driving are third or first person) will be in settings.
Rad. This time around, I think I'll try to play as much in first person as possible, considering the first 2 times I went through the story was in third person.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Kitty :haw: (from someone's captures off the Xbone version http://imgur.com/a/v7qbf )

I'm going to do third person driving and flying because I can only see it being a pain in the rear end when you need to do more than just drive.

e: someone's streaming the PS4 one with external hardware on banned

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Nov 15, 2014

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
These streams are great. I know GTA worlds can be described as a mile wide and and an inch deep, but man what a mile it is. There might not be boatloads to do as far as emergent gameplay goes, or very many interiors to barge into, but just simple exploration should keep people busy for months. The game world is absolutely beautiful and totally convincing as a real and interesting place.

And again I so seriously hope somebody comes up with a good instant car spawning/customization mod.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Nov 15, 2014

rus0
Nov 14, 2014
Bought a PS3 just to play this, normally I wait until this come out on PC but it was hard to get myself to wait :P

One of the best games I've played, not much for the online-multiplayer.

I had sooooo much fun playing that stock market along with the missions.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

I can't wait for first person flying

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Highest visual quality stream yet and it looks so much better from it. Great colours during daytime, like they get washed out an lost a bit with internal PS4 processing (that 720p30 chip), and Lamar is one tall rear end mutha.

e: ugly popins of airport fences and detail, it happens in such a way I think it's a bug that'll get sorted out

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Nov 15, 2014

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Haha, D-I-V-O-R-C-E is on Rebel Radio now. My grandfather would love that station so drat much!

edit: Traffic density doesn't look all that much denser now from what I've seen, at least.

Wee Bairns fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Nov 15, 2014

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

:siren:I can see the fence popping in:siren:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Any word on whether they've increased the deathcam time or better yet made it "press button to skip"? I really hate how short it is and there's literally no reason for it.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

SplitSoul posted:

Any word on whether they've increased the deathcam time or better yet made it "press button to skip"? I really hate how short it is and there's literally no reason for it.

I was about to post that they haven't and that really sucks :(

e: gnarly AF LOD on vertical detail issues, c'mon Sony ICE team, update the SDK

e: banned, he's moved to http://www.hitbox.tv/HotlineBroVIDYA

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Nov 15, 2014

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

ChibiSoma posted:

I saw Devil Went Down to Georgia and Elvira. Those alone would've been enough to get me hyped. This is finally going to knock San Andreas off its Best Radio throne. Everyone put on Danger Zone at least once while flying a jet around. Having it in-game is great! Regulate and It Was a Good Day being in, also fantastic!

gently caress yes, the new radio is maybe in the Top 3 things I'm most excited about. Playing San Andreas with my Dad helped influence my musical tastes (which explains how they are so loving weird and across the spectrum) and to this day we can each sing Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man with no shame.

Get me some Enter the Wu-Tang: 36 Chambers on classic hip-hop Rockstar.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Nov 15, 2014

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Ok guys I just captured some exclusive footage of my gameplay session of GTA V.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ_Aqmkf3IU
I hope it doesn't get taken down

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Ok guys I just captured some exclusive footage of my gameplay session of GTA V.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ_Aqmkf3IU
I hope it doesn't get taken down

you can tell its a video game because the traffics actually moving.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

So I'm a bit late but on page 298 people were talking about the gif at the end of the thread (since removed) being particularly brutal. Can someone describe what it was?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Robawesome posted:

So I'm a bit late but on page 298 people were talking about the gif at the end of the thread (since removed) being particularly brutal. Can someone describe what it was?
Holding up a convenience store clerk in first person, then killing him and a massive amount of blood coming out.

• Locked thread