Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Vahakyla posted:

I was not kidding though when I asked that I really wonder what those people did at work. If you avoid all work for literally years, doesn't it seem funny? Do they just go to work and twiddle with thumbs until they go home?

I think mostly you just look annoyed.

Although seriously, not doing anything is only an issue if everyone else is working hard. If there is pervasive attitude of 'gently caress it' in the who group, then they were probably just sitting around shooting the poo poo or watching sports of posting on comedy forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwiftef
Jun 30, 2002

SWIFT IS FAT, LOL

Ashcans posted:

I think mostly you just look annoyed.

Although seriously, not doing anything is only an issue if everyone else is working hard. If there is pervasive attitude of 'gently caress it' in the who group, then they were probably just sitting around shooting the poo poo or watching sports of posting on comedy forums.

The NOPD is already under a consent decree because of systematic civil rights violations. 20 years ago, after a woman reported an officer beating a kid to the cops, the officer paid someone to murder her. They also had a brisk drug dealing business operating in the precinct. OPP (Orleans Parish Prison which, to be fair, is run by the sheriff) is also under a consent decree because it is notorious even among prisons for prison violence and bad behavior by the guards. A few years back there were prisoners strolling out of it down to the french quarter and documenting it for Facebook.

What I'm saying is that the NOPD is literally the largest gang on the streets of New Orleans and the IG is promising more stories like this one as he examines other units.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Yeah I remember when that big DOJ report about the NOPD came out, the most darkly humorous part was where they noted that NOPD was so totally inept that they frequently got bit by their own police dogs.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Yeah I remember when that big DOJ report about the NOPD came out, the most darkly humorous part was where they noted that NOPD was so totally inept that they frequently got bit by their own police dogs.

Okay that is funny as gently caress.

Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002

Vahakyla posted:

I was not kidding though when I asked that I really wonder what those people did at work. If you avoid all work for literally years, doesn't it seem funny? Do they just go to work and twiddle with thumbs until they go home?
Detective is one of those jobs where there are always multiple places you can be at any given moment. If there is no effective oversight or administrative review to make sure you're actually doing stuff, you can realistically just go on doing nothing. At any moment where you aren't at place A doing X you could always be at place B doing Y.

No doubt the department wants to case this as a few bad apples bad applin', but for such a thing to be possible requires an inexcusable level of managerial and administrative neglect.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Randbrick posted:

No doubt the department wants to case this as a few bad apples bad applin', but for such a thing to be possible requires an inexcusable level of managerial and administrative neglect.

Its really not that hard to putz off in any career field and get away with it dude.

Like I know you really want to hate cops for everything but you're being unrealistically nit picky.

Cichlid the Loach
Oct 22, 2006

Brave heart, Doctor.

Cole posted:

Its really not that hard to putz off in any career field and get away with it dude.

Like I know you really want to hate cops for everything but you're being unrealistically nit picky.

How would their supervisor not realize for years that half of their unit was literally not producing any reports whatsoever?

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Cichlid the Loach posted:

How would their supervisor not realize for years that half of their unit was literally not producing any reports whatsoever?

Because they are doing the same thing?

Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002

Cole posted:

Are you really prepared to excuse this level of malfeasance as simple slacking? From detectives working a violent crimes or sexual violence beat?

Really?

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Cole is a police apologist and extremely authoritarian GiP poster, just ignore him when he tries to protect those poor poor corrupt detectives.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Cole posted:

Right, because police failing to investigate crimes is exactly the same as slacking off at your loving Starbucks job.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Randbrick posted:

Are you really prepared to excuse this level of malfeasance as simple slacking? From detectives working a violent crimes or sexual violence beat?

Really?

Yes. Why does it have to be more than that?

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Cole posted:

You are morally bankrupt.

Zwiftef
Jun 30, 2002

SWIFT IS FAT, LOL

Cole posted:

Here, I'll help you out because you obviously don't know poo poo about the NOPD:
The NOPD is already under a consent decree because of systematic civil rights violations. 20 years ago, after a woman reported an officer beating a kid to the cops, the officer paid someone to murder her. They also had a brisk drug dealing business operating in the precinct. OPP (Orleans Parish Prison which, to be fair, is run by the sheriff) is also under a consent decree because it is notorious even among prisons for prison violence and bad behavior by the guards. A few years back there were prisoners strolling out of it down to the french quarter and documenting it for Facebook.

What I'm saying is that the NOPD is literally the largest gang on the streets of New Orleans and the IG is promising more stories like this one as he examines other units.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Cole posted:

Because it is more than that. Though maybe it won't seem that way if you're in denial, a sociopath, or a complete moron.

Cops should absolutely be held to a higher standard than workers who don't have the ability or obligation to maintain public order, save/take lives or to help serve justice.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Zwiftef posted:

Here, I'll help you out because you obviously don't know poo poo about the NOPD:

Dear DND, aside from the snarky beginning this is generally how you engage people you disagree with.

Thank you for clearing that up for me.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Cole posted:

Dear DND, aside from the snarky beginning this is generally how you engage people you disagree with.

Cole seriously thought the NOPD were all a bunch of good 'ole boys with a hard job.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Cole seriously thought the NOPD were all a bunch of good 'ole boys with a hard job.

No I didn't but I want to ask which way you want the conversation to progress when you post things like this? Shitposting? Flaming?

I basically said "you are right I am wrong" but I guess that's not how I'm supposed to post here?

You buttsniffer.

Cole fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Nov 14, 2014

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Cole posted:

No I didn't but I want to ask which way you want the conversation to progress when you post things like this? Shitposting? Flaming?

You to realize how much cop dick you are sucking? Nah, just kidding. I know it's sometimes hard to realize that cops are corrupt. But not all cops. I mean, there's corrupt cops and then there's cops who aren't corrupt but stay quiet when they witness or know about corruption.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Cole posted:

So you think that anger towards officers who are ignoring their duty to investigate rape cases is unwarranted? Is that because you believe that rape just isn't that big of a deal or what? Why is it "unrealistically nit picky" to expect police officers assigned to investigate violent crime to actually spend time investigating violent crime?

Cole posted:

You still haven't cleared anything up. Why is anger towards NOPD unwarranted in this situation?

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Cole posted:

I basically said "you are right I am wrong" but I guess that's not how I'm supposed to post here?

You buttsniffer.

Loling at how you accuse someone of flaming then edit your post to add a juvenile insult at the end :allears:

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Solkanar512 posted:

So you think that anger towards officers who are ignoring their duty to investigate rape cases is unwarranted? Is that because you believe that rape just isn't that big of a deal or what? Why is it "unrealistically nit picky" to expect police officers assigned to investigate violent crime to actually spend time investigating violent crime?

You still haven't cleared anything up. Why is anger towards NOPD unwarranted in this situation?

When did I say its bad to be angry at those guys? Or do you just want me to say that? I just said its easy to putz off st work and you got "but its ok!" out of that? Stop filling in blanks that don't exist.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Loling at how you accuse someone of flaming then edit your post to add a juvenile insult at the end :allears:

Sorry I thought that's how I was supposed to post since rational conversation doesnt appeal to you :ohdear:

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Cole posted:

When did I say its bad to be angry at those guys? Or do you just want me to say that? I just said its easy to putz off st work and you got "but its ok!" out of that? Stop filling in blanks that don't exist.

Cole posted:

Right here.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

Cole posted:

You thought people were nit picking regarding an officer that tossed a report about a raped two year old having an std. Or an officer assigned to investigate rapes thought simple rape shouldn't even be a crime.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Solkanar512 posted:

Right here.

No, filing paperwork incorrectly, as I read the situation before someone corrected me without being a shithead, isn't a big deal and you're being nitpicky. If you follow the conversation youll see where I said I was wrong.

I AM AGREEING WITH YOU DND, LEARN TO TAKE YES FOR AN ANSWER.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

DARPA posted:

You thought people were nit picking regarding an officer that tossed a report about a raped two year old having an std. Or an officer assigned to investigate rapes thought simple rape shouldn't even be a crime.

And I was misinformed. Instead of what YOU are doing right now someone actually corrected me .

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

Cole posted:

And I was misinformed. Instead of what YOU are doing right now someone actually corrected me .

You defaulted to boot licking terrible officers and then seem legitimately confused why people have a problem with you.

Cichlid the Loach
Oct 22, 2006

Brave heart, Doctor.

Cole posted:

No, filing paperwork incorrectly, as I read the situation before someone corrected me without being a shithead, isn't a big deal and you're being nitpicky. If you follow the conversation youll see where I said I was wrong.

They weren't filing paperwork incorrectly, they were not producing it in the first place. For like 85% of their cases, there was no investigation and there exist no records whatsoever beyond the initial report. They were literally doing absolutely nothing. A few times they were asked for reports from a few years back, and they created them same-day and backdated them.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

DARPA posted:

You defaulted to boot licking terrible officers and then seem legitimately confused why people have a problem with you.
To be fair the title of the thread is misleading. It should really be ACAB 2014 - Piiiiiiiigs!

New Orleans really should just fire their entire government and start over though. They literally couldn't do worse just drafting people of the street to run that city.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Cichlid the Loach posted:

They weren't filing paperwork incorrectly, they were not producing it in the first place. For like 85% of their cases, there was no investigation and there exist no records whatsoever beyond the initial report. They were literally doing absolutely nothing. A few times they were asked for reports from a few years back, and they created them same-day and backdated them.

Which I got corrected on and immediately conceded my argument so now you're just doing post game coverage.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Goddamn do you guys just never win arguments so you don't know how to handle it?

Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002

Cole posted:

Yeah. I mean I've seen slackers and slapdash work before too. I personally take a really, really dim view to lovely civil servants, though, particularly when they're in positions doing essential work or providing necessary services.

But as I think you've seen, this is a lot worse than just loose cannon cops not getting their timesheets in before close of business. Hell, I've had my proverbial timesheets in late, too. But to use an analogy, it's one thing to not have a file properly documented and it's quite another to do gently caress-all nothing for years on end as a violent crimes or sex crimes detective. An awful lot of things have to go completely sidewise in sequence for that to be possible. This is a very disturbing organizational problem that extends at least up to the lieutenant or captain level of the NOPD's organization, and which persisted for an incredibly long time.

I think we're in agreement on that, though. Not looking to pile on you.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Stop being a loving baby and trying to turn an argument into dumbass point-scoring pissing match. All you had to do was stop responding after he said you were right but instead you try to get some after-action digs in on him like a Usenet nightmare that never ends. Drop it.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Stop being a loving baby and trying to turn an argument into dumbass point-scoring pissing match. All you had to do was stop responding after he said you were right but instead you try to get some after-action digs in on him like a Usenet nightmare that never ends. Drop it.

If D&D had moderators, I'd agree. But at this point might as well just drop to insults.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Uhh right that's nice of you I guess

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/new-jersey-accused-flashing-traffic-stops-article-1.2015294

quote:

A 37-year-old New Jersey policeman has been arrested and charged with official misconduct for allegedly unzipping his fly during several traffic stops, authorities said.

Jason Miller, who's been on the Newton Police Department force since 2001, is free on $35,000 bail after being charged Monday with lewdness and two counts of official misconduct, according to chief Michael Richards and the Sussex County prosecutor's office.
An 18-year-old college student said he was stopped in September, and saw that the traffic cop's zipper was down and his genitals were exposed. The teen was allowed to drive off and later told his girlfriend Miller's "junk was hanging out," authorities said.

Videos from the traffic stops were reviewed by investigators, who said one taken in August shows Miller's "pants are open and his genitals are exposed," according to the affidavit.

In another video, "the sound of a zipper opening and/or closing" can be heard, the document said.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Nov 21, 2014

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
That's some Super Troopers poo poo right there

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Magres posted:

That's some Super Troopers poo poo right there

So you're saying he's a lovable goof?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

MariusLecter posted:

So you're saying he's a lovable goof?
Come on. Who wouldn't want to see this guy's dick?

I wonder if it's as long as his face?

• Locked thread