Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I show a PS4 patch of 1.06 as of several hours ago. What was that supposed to have done?

(Because their no-effort patch notes of "Bug fixes" are SOOOO helpful.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Feenix posted:

I show a PS4 patch of 1.06 as of several hours ago. What was that supposed to have done?

They fixed bugs, duh :colbert:

ZentraediElite
Oct 22, 2002

HN3P7 KNNL9

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Nighthand posted:

I spent half a match teamkilling the guy on my team who kept glitching into that stupid room on the map with the hanger.
It's shockingly easy to get into that glitch too, I tried it last night and literally all you do is lay down, move forward, and boom you're inside.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
realtalk why is prone/dropshotting even a thing anymore with the rad rear end jetpacks

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Some people just like to do it, and it still does work if you're good at it. Why do people lie down aiming at a doorway for 5-10 minutes at a time in a game with grenades? I do it because I've probably got a beer in one hand and can't aim.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

PerrineClostermann posted:

They fixed bugs, duh :colbert:

"Big Fuxes"

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Versus, how are the snipers? I haven't heard anything, or missed it.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Personal Computer

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Got gold for the bulldog this morning, hardcore running around. After the s12, that thing is a godsend. I could kill people from hilariously far away. I even got a dog fight medal, though I don't think I got it with the shotgun, I think a semtex blew up a guy as he was flying and i was jumping for unrelated reasons.

Concrete is going to be the only thing standing between me and shotgun royalty, I just know it. Everything else is reasonable to get through regular play, but the window for dog fight seems to be ridiculously small.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Dum Cumpster posted:

There is a sniper that shoots an explosive nail. If you double tap and strike on or near it it'll cause an explosion damaging those nearby.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Feenix posted:

It finishes fixing that list of issues in a second of 2 patches

No idea why they put out a list of issues and address it over 2 separate patches and don't specify which does what

That being said camo challenges etc should be fixed

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

whip posted:

There is a sniper that shoots an explosive nail. If you double tap and strike on or near it it'll cause an explosion damaging those nearby.

So... they're bad?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

The Personal Computer

Pheel
Jul 23, 2007
Are these guns harder to control or am I just becoming slow in my old age? I was near or over 30% with almost all ARs in the last few CODs but I can't even manage to break 20% on this game.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

This is eerily close to my set up

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
You got blue led's instead or red? Or like a christmas theme to go with your avatar?

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

The Riot Shield was my favorite weapon in MW2, but I'm just not feeling it here. :(
Gung-Ho perk. Run and never have to put your shield down, while goomba stomping people.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

gibbed posted:

Gung-Ho perk. Run and never have to put your shield down.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:

Dum Cumpster posted:

I haven't used them a whole lot. I got irons for the Lynx (semiauto, only kills in one shot on headshots, silencer removes one shot headshot kills) and within 30 seconds realized I had wasted a lot of time; the ACOG was better on it. It has too much recoil and too little ammo to be worth taking. It's like a really lovely version of the Ghosts SVU. The Atlas 20mm is fun I guess but half of that is because it's a loving shoulder-mounted sniper rifle, the other half is because it kills in one shot to everything but the hands and feet. It cannot take a sight other than the default one so it is probably doomed to semi-gimmick at best status (well, it's already a sniper rifle). I have not used the other two for more than a few minutes combined, but I think I will go for irons on the bolt action next prestige.

versus fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Nov 14, 2014

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

Pheel posted:

Are these guns harder to control or am I just becoming slow in my old age? I was near or over 30% with almost all ARs in the last few CODs but I can't even manage to break 20% on this game.

Its probably worse just because it is much more of a fast paced game with people leaping at the drop of a hat.

I actually had to increase my sensitivity to play better.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Shnakepup posted:

I would but you never know who would just laugh about it and who would be a giant baby about it.
I used to jump in a loving well at the beginning of games, not gonna care too much about getting stomped.

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

gibbed posted:

Gung-Ho perk. Run and never have to put your shield down, while goomba stomping people.

Use shield with fast hands and spike drones. Now you can own like shield and c4 on ghosts.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Man, I heard MS' console was big, but that's ridiculous! :downsrim:

Might wanna get that RLOD checked, too. :ohdear:

versus
Sep 11, 2001

Mister Macys posted:

Man, I heard MS' console was big, but that's ridiculous! :downsrim:

Might wanna get that RLOD checked, too. :ohdear:

I earned 12 hours of Double XP & 12 hours of Rapid Supply time in Call of DutyŽ: Advanced Warfare. Get yours! http://www.dewanddoritos.com

e: my 7-11 code isn't working on their site, QQ. If anyone else is a big enough loser to have attempted this, did your code work?

versus fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Nov 14, 2014

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Haven't seen an aimhack that hardcore since I was 14 years old playing CS 1.8 :allears:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Glad to see the church of the rippable turret is gaining followers.

Spread the good word my flock.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Does it matter what kind of rippable turret I use? I'm going to try it out tonight since I'm sick of the AI version failing me. I keep putting it near flags and it won't kill the people taking them. :(

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Did the latest PS4 patch help the lag at all?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Mill Village posted:

Does it matter what kind of rippable turret I use? I'm going to try it out tonight since I'm sick of the AI version failing me. I keep putting it near flags and it won't kill the people taking them. :(

High energy. The customization I use is Rippable, high energy, and support for easy gets.

For ease of use, use it with a class that has gung-ho.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

CheeseFactory posted:

Reddit users say yes

Truth is probably no

versus
Sep 11, 2001

CheeseFactory posted:

Slurms told me it helped him.

e: I'm going to stream again http://www.twitch.tv/versussa

versus fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Nov 14, 2014

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Sounds promising. I thought the previous patched helped but it must of been 1 good night because i just get melted on a 4 bar.

I'll test it soon.

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
I want to be friends with PS4 Goons and play with you on the off chance I can.

PSN- Off1cerWinslow

I suck at this game. Don't take it serious and love talking poo poo.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

gibbed posted:

This doesn't seem to work at all for me.

Also, can lasers shoot through a shield? I just had a guy with the first laser kill me while I was crouched motionless and facing him from a good 40 yards.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

versus posted:

I haven't used them a whole lot. I got irons for the Lynx (semiauto, only kills in one shot on headshots, silencer removes one shot headshot kills) and within 30 seconds realized I had wasted a lot of time; the ACOG was better on it. It has too much recoil and too little ammo to be worth taking. It's like a really lovely version of the Ghosts SVU. The Atlas 20mm is fun I guess but half of that is because it's a loving shoulder-mounted sniper rifle, the other half is because it kills in one shot to everything but the hands and feet. It cannot take a sight other than the default one so it is probably doomed to semi-gimmick at best status (well, it's already a sniper rifle). I have not used the other two for more than a few minutes combined, but I think I will go for irons on the bolt action next prestige.

Good to know. Thanks!

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Dum Cumpster posted:

Good to know. Thanks!

Irons on the bolt is really fun and suprisingly effective. I've had luck with it. That being said its still a sniper and if you get caught against more than one opponent you can't blast them all down like you could with a smg, rifle, or even a shotgun.

However the bullet does penetrate and you can get double kills with one bullet.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

If anyone cares looks like the stock attachment decreases accuracy. First COD where there's a penalty apparently

https://www.reddit.com/r/CodAW/comments/2m9mj0/psa_stock_attachment_decreases_accuracy_increases/

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Christoff posted:

If anyone cares looks like the stock attachment decreases accuracy. First COD where there's a penalty apparently

https://www.reddit.com/r/CodAW/comments/2m9mj0/psa_stock_attachment_decreases_accuracy_increases/
With an MK14 that's not necessarily a negative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Christoff posted:

Well that's just silly.

• Locked thread