Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chairman Pow!
Apr 23, 2010

MaxDuo posted:

I seem to recall someone posting something a while back about the Free Amiibo with Smash U deal being in store now, not just online only. Is this true, or am I remembering something wrong? I'm thinking of going to TRU soon and placing a preorder for the game and Link amiibo and just getting it when on the way home from work the day it comes out, if it's in-store too.

You can do it in store as well, I just did this. There are little black preorder cards by the electronics area, where you put a dollar down, and then bring the receipt so you can purchase your game and get a free Amiibo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

JordanKai posted:

I can't believe twitter lied to me. :(

That one guy is probably the internal developer QA dude. A lot of (nowadays maybe even most) QA is done by the publisher or totally outsourced.

Anyway, happy to report that the composite cable works and now I have proper audio. Now to check out what all this Wind Waker jibbajabba is about.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
500MB was probably more expensive than video games the last time there was a good Sonic game.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Personally I think even Sonic 1-3 are pretty loving over rated.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

noirstronaut posted:

500MB was probably more expensive than video games the last time there was a good Sonic game.

That's not fair, Colors and Generations were pretty good.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Especially unfair when you consider that SA2 is the best Sonic game.

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down
I have no qualms in saying that the Sonic endless runner f2p game is the best sonic game.

I picked up Samba de Amigo for €1 in a Tesco the other day and it's a hell of a lot of fun, definitely good value for money. I paid €3 for Other M, which has been... less value for money.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

1. SA2 isn't even the best Adventure game.
2. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is the best Sonic game.

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down
OTOH, Sonic Adventure has loving big the cat levels gently caress big the cat.

Just letting Samba de Amigo's attract mode hang out while I'm browsing the forums and it's just so joyous.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

At this point they could just make a game starring Big the Cat and it would be better than most Sonic games.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
Sonic has been poo poo for longer than it was good by now. It's like the Simpsons except people masturbate to it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Shelf Adventure posted:

Sonic has been poo poo for longer than it was good by now. It's like the Simpsons except people masturbate to it.

No one reply to this post.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Especially unfair when you consider that SA2 is the best game.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Shelf Adventure posted:

This is a dumb post. I People masturbate to the Simpsons too.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

We can put a man on the Moon but we can't figure out why some people don't like Sonic Adventure 2. The universe is mysterious

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Wow, I didn't realize that every single sonic game is apparently godawful.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

oddium posted:

We can put a man on the Moon but we can't figure out why some people don't like Sonic Adventure 2. The universe is mysterious
Oh don't get me wrong SA2 is totally fine and I don't hate it or anything, I just think SA1 is a way better experience. ...but I'll admit I'm a little biased.

I love it for the same reason I love True Crime: Streets of LA. They're both those kinds of games that came out at a time where a lot of new kinds of gameplay were new and exciting and they tried to do absolutely everything as best as they can... but they weren't really good at anything. At all. But god drat they tried so loving hard it shows and it's cute how much effort they put into it and I can't help but just absolutely love them.

Also the Mystic Ruins theme.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

We can land a spacecraft on an asteroid but Sega can't make a good Sonic game.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

You should just play Sonic 1, 2, 3, Colours, Generations, Racing Transformed then forget Sonic exists

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Help Im Alive posted:

You should just play Sonic 1, 2, 3, Colours, Generations, Racing Transformed then forget Sonic exists

He will live on in my heart.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

irlZaphod posted:

Holy

Shelf Adventure posted:

poo poo

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

irlZaphod posted:

To be fair we landed a spacecraft in a shadow on a comet, so it's batteries are probably going to die today and render the thing useless. If that's the best we are capable of it's no surprise Sonic games are Dumb and Bad.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
QA is only going to look for bugs and glitches to fix. They can't fix bad game design.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Help Im Alive posted:

It's me, I liked Sonic Rush and Colours DS.

When you start collectively beating me with blunt objects, just don't hit me in the face :negative:.

seiferguy posted:

QA is only going to look for bugs and glitches to fix. They can't fix bad game design.

They should be able to catch characters falling out of the world though.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Or that Knuckles infinite jump.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Just because they do though doesn't mean that the programmers will do anything about it. :shepface:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's me, I liked Sonic Rush and Colours DS.

Rush wasn't awful, at least.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

They should be able to catch characters falling out of the world though.

Hi hello I'm in QA let me tell you that if there's a bug that a lot of people are just stumbling across there is a very good chance it was already found and entered by QA but beyond that it's up to the devs if they can or if they want to fix it okay that's it bye.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

irlZaphod posted:

Or that Knuckles infinite jump.
I think that counts as a feature :colbert:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Yeah, heard that 06 had massive bugs found by QA and they were telling the development team but anything that wasn't game-crashing (and even then) was ignored.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

I've seen a lot of stupid opinions in this thread but this really just takes the cake.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Yeah, heard that 06 had massive bugs found by QA and they were telling the development team but anything that wasn't game-crashing (and even then) was ignored.
One thing I remember hearing about '06 was that the demo was actually a later "version" than the final, released game. Shows how off-the-wall its development was.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Sonic Advance 2 is legitimately a great Sonic game. The other portable entries are very hit or miss (Sonic Rush has a brutal difficulty, for no reason at all), but Dimps did do some good stuff.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I grew up with both a Genesis and a SNES and I played the SNES way more

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Narcissus1916 posted:

Sonic Advance 2 is legitimately a great Sonic game. The other portable entries are very hit or miss (Sonic Rush has a brutal difficulty, for no reason at all), but Dimps did do some good stuff.

Its the prime example of bad sonic gameplay though, run to the right and win, bottomless pits everywhere, and bad special stage entry/design.

Sonic Advance 1 is much better, a better Sonic 4 than the actual Sonic 4.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Narcissus1916 posted:

I didn't think Rush was that hard (there's a spike due to Altitude Limit being bullshit, but otherwise it's fine), and I liked it and Rush Adventure (which has the dumb boat stuff, but I was replaying levels a bunch anyway, so I didn't even notice the material grinding part) a lot more than Advance 2. I didn't like the Advance series in general, actually. 1 plays the most like classic Sonic, but I found it kind of dull and forgettable, and 2 and 3 get progressively more awful in level design. The entire Advance subseries also has pretty awful special stages, alongside terrible requirements for entry in 2 and 3.

edit: Also Colors and Generations are the only "3D Sonic games" worth a poo poo, and hilariously neither of them are actually 3D games most of the time. At least every Sonic game (except the godawful Bioware RPG), has had good music.

Motto fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Nov 15, 2014

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Looper posted:

I grew up with both a Genesis and a SNES and I played the SNES way more

Kid Chameleon is better than SMW, Vectorman is better than DKC, Ecco the Dolphin is better than Super Metroid, Toejam & Earl is better than LTTP, Make My Video: Marky Mark kicks the poo poo out of Battle Clash.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Kid Chameleon is better than SMW, Vectorman is better than DKC, Ecco the Dolphin is better than Super Metroid, Toejam & Earl is better than LTTP, Make My Video: Marky Mark kicks the poo poo out of Battle Clash.

You forgot one

Art Alive > Mario Paint

:getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEFsbDGE-4E

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Ecco the Dolphin is better than Super Metroid

Are you high on paint fumes?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sonic has been so hilariously poo poo for so long that yet another hilariously broken game doesn't even phase me. When a new one gets announced I just wait and see if SEGA has actually managed to put out a functioning platformer worth giving a go (Colors, Gens), or if it's a mess that I don't bother with and forget about (Lost World, Boom).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

homeless snail posted:

At this point they could just make a game starring Big the Cat and it would be better than most Sonic games.

Well yeah, Sega Bass Fishing 3 would be amazing. Remote and Nunchuck with the Pad as the fish sonar.

• Locked thread