Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Wow is such a stupid game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Cole posted:

Wow is such a stupid game

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
loving shirt chat is no-go, but WoW chat is a-ok.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I mean for gently caress's sake, I have played Dungeons and Dragons for almost 20 years and WoW is too nerdy even for me.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

ManMythLegend posted:

I mean for gently caress's sake, I have played Dungeons and Dragons for almost 20 years and WoW too nerdy even for me.

:stare:

D&D is like way more nerdy wtf

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

justice4trayvawn posted:

D&D is like way more nerdy wtf

Naw, it's pretty boss actually. Sitting around a table with friends drinking some beers and playing murder hobos the game is fun as gently caress.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

ManMythLegend posted:

Naw, it's pretty boss actually. Sitting around a table with friends drinking some beers and playing murder hobos the game is fun as gently caress.

Theres nothing to look at though so its basically as gay as reading

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

justice4trayvawn posted:

look at this loving kid

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
We are goons. Everyone has a nerd skeleton in their closet.

Except Cole. I imagine he followed a series of links on a NASCAR forum and wound up here.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

justice4trayvawn posted:

millennials.txt

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

justice4trayvawn posted:

Lookit this illiterate scrub.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

ManMythLegend posted:

I mean for gently caress's sake, I have played Dungeons and Dragons for almost 20 years and WoW is too nerdy even for me.

So if the movement of the ship causes a die to tip after it had initially come to rest, do you keep the old roll or the new one?

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014
not like dungeons and Dragons really struck a nerve :ohdear:

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

justice4trayvawn posted:

explains the college burnout.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

tuluk posted:

explains the college burnout.

i went from HS right to the military to an ME degree ??

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

ManMythLegend posted:

I'm sorry to hear that man. On multiple levels. How's your dad taking it?

He's pretty broke up about it. One of his brothers has already got the wheels in motion to take a half page ad in the local newspaper listing his actual survivors.

The only reason we even found out he was dead is his sister is on her deathbed and wanted to see her brother before she passed. My aunt called her step mom to let her know my great aunt was dying only to find out her dad had been dead for months. She was the only one of the 6 to actually grow up with him so it hit her super hard. My dad is the only one that still had a continuing relationship with him. He talked to him on the phone just a few days before the stroke that killed him.

I just tried to friend my step-aunt on Facebook and sent her a message because she's the only one I could find. The funeral home that set up the obituary won't correct the original until they get permission from the other family. A bunch of people found the obituary guestbook online and shared that it was far from complete. 6 kids, 14 grandkids, and about 27 great grandkids and no mention of any of us. My aunt had to tell her aunt that her brother wont be able to come see her because he's been dead for 3 months.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Good on you j4t.

Some of us are just lazier.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Dead Reckoning posted:

So if the movement of the ship causes a die to tip after it had initially come to rest, do you keep the old roll or the new one?

Naw man. We play it prison style where we either draw a slip of paper out of a hat or something, or modify a deck of cards.

Actually we just use dice rolling apps on phones now.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

He's pretty broke up about it. One of his brothers has already got the wheels in motion to take a half page ad in the local newspaper listing his actual survivors.

The only reason we even found out he was dead is his sister is on her deathbed and wanted to see her brother before she passed. My aunt called her step mom to let her know my great aunt was dying only to find out her dad had been dead for months. She was the only one of the 6 to actually grow up with him so it hit her super hard. My dad is the only one that still had a continuing relationship with him. He talked to him on the phone just a few days before the stroke that killed him.

I just tried to friend my step-aunt on Facebook and sent her a message because she's the only one I could find. The funeral home that set up the obituary won't correct the original until they get permission from the other family. A bunch of people found the obituary guestbook online and shared that it was far from complete. 6 kids, 14 grandkids, and about 27 great grandkids and no mention of any of us. My aunt had to tell her aunt that her brother wont be able to come see her because he's been dead for 3 months.

That's terrible. I hope the other family aren't cocks about getting the obituary changed.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
I envy all you fucks who can go watch interstellar stoned as shim right now, what a loving spectacle :stare:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swmuqGWgZCc

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0kSuZFOwFE

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Victor Vermis posted:

Except Cole. I imagine he followed a series of links on a NASCAR forum and wound up here.

NASCAR is pretty stupid so that's a far fetched idea

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

ManMythLegend posted:

That's terrible. I hope the other family aren't cocks about getting the obituary changed.

I think they're going to be since they're the ones that set up the obituary themselves. It's not like they didn't know about us when they set up the obituary in the first place. They had phone numbers for at least my dad even if they didn't have anything for the rest of the family. I have one step sister that I never talk to, don't really like, and don't have any sort of relationship with. Even still, if her dad died, I would call her. I certainly wouldn't let three god drat months go by and then only tell her because she called me to talk to him.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Cole posted:

NASCAR is pretty stupid so that's a far fetched idea

Bucs

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Victor Vermis posted:

don't nascar shame.

or do, I don't care.

I kept up with nascar from age 12ish to 21. and frankly, I was a wheel mechanic, so it should be somewhat expected. blame my old roommate for buying me my first account.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

:(

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evc3Xtc84N0

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

lol

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

I think they're going to be since they're the ones that set up the obituary themselves. It's not like they didn't know about us when they set up the obituary in the first place. They had phone numbers for at least my dad even if they didn't have anything for the rest of the family. I have one step sister that I never talk to, don't really like, and don't have any sort of relationship with. Even still, if her dad died, I would call her. I certainly wouldn't let three god drat months go by and then only tell her because she called me to talk to him.

Fuckers. Well I wish you guys luck.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

replaced a toilet by myself for the first time

now my balls don't dip in the water

life owns

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I need to replace the 3 toilets in my house. I really hate the mess swapping them out tho. No matter how much you tip them out when you carry they always loving drip.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
gonna replace my belt, plugs, brakes/rotors tomorrow. prolly not going to end well lol

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
hmm idea. ill ducttape a trashbag over the bottom that should work.

now to find some toilets

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Helldump Immunity. posted:

gonna replace my belt, plugs, brakes/rotors tomorrow. prolly not going to end well lol

I did my plugs last week. Had to take off the intake manifold to get to them. gently caress Japan.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ded posted:

I need to replace the 3 toilets in my house. I really hate the mess swapping them out tho. No matter how much you tip them out when you carry they always loving drip.

I did OK, I got some huge sponges and shoved one in the tank, one in the bowl and no drips

ded posted:

hmm idea. ill ducttape a trashbag over the bottom that should work.

now to find some toilets

This is what I grabbed from Lowes for like 100 bucks after the Vet discount, took about an hour to take my old one out and toss this one in.

We had a bunch of family over last weekend and this week I kept smelling sewer gas from the toilet. I figure someone knocked it out of alignment or something, and since I had to pull it up anyways to see what was going on I figured might as well replace it, since it's been there at least as long as we've had the place.

I worked a fuckload of OT this month so we have a bunch of extra cash, so we're just doing random poo poo to improve the house before winter hits.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-jOEAufDQ4

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

ded posted:

so shopvac the water out beforehand.

the wax ring on my toilet went out today. get to fix that tomorrow :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Why is everyone's toilets getting replaced?

• Locked thread