Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

poopkitty posted:

http://www.courant.com/breaking-news/hc-groton-sub-base-police-20141113-story.html

"The suspect, who was not identified, was not injured but two Navy civilian police officers were wounded by the ricochet of bullets." :lol:

They actually give those contract, rent-a-cops ammo? I thought they were like Barney Fifes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

LingcodKilla posted:

Just landed in Chicago! Oh boy boot!

Wake up! I know you're falling asleep right now!

I so do not envy the experience you are about to have. But I'll have a drink in your honor on Thanksgiving. And Christmas. And poo poo, I guess New Years too. Enjoy the snow.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Christoff posted:

Unless you're Filipino then you get all those hookups

Amen to this. Get a Filipino friend in supply or medical, hell you could even make friends with someone in admin somewhere that used to be in and it's like word spreads. Get seconds at the galley, get free extras, help with supply to where you get things early and they BS to someone else that "hey man the shipment hasn't come in yet". The little old ladies give you food.

Lingcod I hope you have fun, unless you're schizophrenic or a complete idiot boot camp isn't difficult at all. I wonder where the schizophrenic kids that were with me in boot camp are now, we had like 4 of them and one of them in particular lasted a while, like 5-6 weeks before he lost all control.

Also, found a gig that told me I could set my own hours, they pay like 20 dollars an hour, and it counts towards continuing my certification as a tech. Caffeine pills and monsters are in my future.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Pandasmores posted:

I wonder where the schizophrenic kids that were with me in boot camp are now, we had like 4 of them and one of them in particular lasted a while, like 5-6 weeks before he lost all control.

They are still there in the broken med hold divisions. Waiting.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Nick Soapdish posted:

They actually give those contract, rent-a-cops ammo? I thought they were like Barney Fifes.

The ones at NBK Bangor definitely have guns. No idea if they're real or loaded, but they have them.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
Holy :lol::lol:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Figures its nukes loving up.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Standing by for heavy rolls. LOL

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

ded posted:

poopkitty posted:

Standing by for heavy rolls. LOL

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

ded posted:

No way it's all the crap I've been shoveling down my pie hole at the food court or the 5 minute walk away dominos since I left boot camp! It was my RDC!

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Null Integer posted:

No way it's all the crap I've been shoveling down my pie hole at the food court or the 5 minute walk away dominos since I left boot camp! It was my RDC!

It is 100% accurate that people lie about sit up and push up scores at boot camp, however as I remember the run wasn't cheatable due to ankle bracelet computer magic.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

We were encouraged to lie as far back as 06 and I'm pretty sure it was happening even earlier. They said something along the lines of "If you fail pushups or situps you are being buddy hosed".

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

It's more the idea of fat loving boots crying about being fat at their A Schools.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Fart Sandwiches posted:

We were encouraged to lie as far back as 06 and I'm pretty sure it was happening even earlier. They said something along the lines of "If you fail pushups or situps you are being buddy hosed".

How much of a weeping vagina do you have to be to not at least do the bare minimum of half-assed but we count them anyway pushups and situps?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

whats the minimum needed to pass a navy pt test for a 19 year old?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

justice4trayvawn posted:

It is 100% accurate that people lie about sit up and push up scores at boot camp, however as I remember the run wasn't cheatable due to ankle bracelet computer magic.

I don't know of any cheating when I went through, then again after all the stuff we did it was not exactly difficult in any way to do the required numbers.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

whats the minimum needed to pass a navy pt test for a 19 year old?

50/42 situp/pushup, 12:30 run for sat.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

We were definitely encouraged to "help our shipmates" when I went through in '08.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Stultus Maximus posted:

50/42 situp/pushup, 12:30 run for sat.

12:30 run for 1-1/2 miles?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

12:30 run for 1-1/2 miles?

Yup. At 19.

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

Adding confirmation that we were explicitly told not to be a buddy fucker in the year 2000. This has been happening for a long time. I'm a CFL, it obviously happens in any large group doing a PRT. And it happens everywhere. It's a Navy tradition!?

Oh and in 2000 you wouldn't leave boot camp at 18-19 years old unless you ran the 1.5 in 11:00. I made it at 10:57. Fastest I've ever run.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
When I was a CFL my department had a 100% pass rate. This is obviously because I was such a motivator and everyone was in shape and on point. The cycle after I got out our department had 10 or so failures which is clearly an indication of my successor's lack of leadership in the area of fitness.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

DustyNuts posted:

Adding confirmation that we were explicitly told not to be a buddy fucker in the year 2000. This has been happening for a long time. I'm a CFL, it obviously happens in any large group doing a PRT. And it happens everywhere. It's a Navy tradition!?

Oh and in 2000 you wouldn't leave boot camp at 18-19 years old unless you ran the 1.5 in 11:00. I made it at 10:57. Fastest I've ever run.

At the Academy minimum passing was 10:30. :smugdog:

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

vulturesrow posted:

At the Academy minimum passing was 10:30. :smugdog:

Yeah. And it sucked.

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

ManMythLegend posted:

It's more the idea of fat loving boots crying about being fat at their A Schools.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

We were always encouraged not to be a buddy fucker, but on the run, you sink or swim on your own merits. If you fail the loving run, you are a fatass, plain and simple. Whining that your RDCs told you to is basically not having enough self control to not scarf down that large meat lovers pizza by yourself that you ordered from Dominos to be delivered to your loving barracks room.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Weird. All the companies in my cycle did the run in formation. It was nearly impossible to not make it in the time allowed.

50 pushups 60 situps 1 1/2 miles in 11 1/2 minutes. It was a breeze by the time we were actually tested on it. Then again we got beat nearly daily.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
I always swam mine. It's harder to get an outstanding, but the minimum speed needed to keep yourself from sinking will get you a good. anything faster than that is just icing.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I ran under 10:30 once in my entire time in the navy. I did pass a prt with pneumonia one time, though, when I was in college. loving couldn't breathe when I was through and got chewed the gently caress out by the ER doctor for running in cold weather with a lung full of fluid. Thought my score sucked, but the front office was happy I passed and didn't give a gently caress beyond that point.

I biked my last few ones and tore that poo poo up.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Lmfao, I remember when they would tell us "everyone passes even if I have to cut off your leg and wave it like a drat baton to get your run down" hahahahahhaa

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Biking is the best. gently caress running the PRT.

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

Why should I have to run in this hellhole of an island for 1.5 miles when I can just bike for 12 mins in the cool air conditioned gym?

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
What's up fellow bike bros? :hfive:

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

ManMythLegend posted:

Biking is the best. gently caress running the PRT.

Easy as hell to pass. Decently hard to ace, but you can watch YouTube videos while doing it so who cares

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
We had a department event today and I actually have fun. I had fun in the Navy. Strange feeling.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

vulturesrow posted:

Bike 4 life. 12 minutes of watching ESPN and I get my P. Never going back.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

vulturesrow posted:

:hfive:

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.
I'm pretty sure the Air Force got rid of their bike tests because it was too awesome for them.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Also I passed my weigh-in because I could stretch for that extra half inch, get my height rounded up, and earn five more pounds. :btroll:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Also I passed my weigh-in because I could stretch for that extra half inch, get my height rounded up, and earn five more pounds. :btroll:

Yeah I tell people to always wear their shoes if they can get away with. Some people just think they're extra weight, but unless they're made of lead, your always going to make out in the end from the height.

• Locked thread