Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i think my favorite thing about greninja is the way the camera zooms out to accommodate the doll/log left behind by substitute. it's the best dumbest thing.

now if only they'd give pk thunder the same courtesy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Smash Bros. for TI-83 calculators.

Where the gently caress was this when I was in middle school? All we had was frickin' Drug Wars.

I want a commercial for this where the stuffy, Ben Steinesque math instructor asks a kid to solve for X and the kid zaps his mean teacher with a PK thunder from his calculator.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

"What's the matter, scared?"

"You're good... but I'm BETTA."

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
So sad news to hear about Smash online.

Little Mac has the lowest win ratio in Smash 3DS Online according to Sakurai.

That is really sad but I kind of understand why. People just can't handle the Mac. :(

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I wonder how many of those losses are people side-bing off the edge.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Dedede has the highest win ratio, right? I mean, he is perfect.

I wanna see the rest of these stats.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

Endorph posted:

I wonder how many of those losses are people side-bing off the edge.
I will tell you right now three of those were for me :( dammit I really wanted to bump up Little Mac out of pity now I made him worse.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Maybe people will stop picking him all the damned time now.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Is it just me, or is there a shitload of Ness lately? Can't seem to get away from the little rear end in a top hat. :argh:

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

Yeah, I'm still not seeing that any Macs online. For me, it's a lot of Sheiks, Yoshis, and ZSSs, with honorable mentions going to Ness, Greninja, Captain Falcon, and Ganondorf.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

THE loving MOON posted:

Is it just me, or is there a shitload of Ness lately? Can't seem to get away from the little rear end in a top hat. :argh:

He owns.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

THE loving MOON posted:

Ness is Good now. Ness is Very Good. The existence of combos, his buffed double-jump, and his HUGE reflect hitbox on his bat all make him quite formidable.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

The reason probably is, to be a good LM player requires you to be calculated and VERY patient. Most people playing Mac just want to rush in and punch things

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

So I noticed. I'm real bad

^^edit: I'm seeing way less mac then on launch week now. It used to be that every other guy I beat would whip out Little Mac for round two like he's their secret pocket ace

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Nov 15, 2014

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

FinalGamer posted:

So sad news to hear about Smash online.

Little Mac has the lowest win ratio in Smash 3DS Online according to Sakurai.

That is really sad but I kind of understand why. People just can't handle the Mac. :(
Sakurai has a weekly Famitsu column? Why is no one translating this poo poo.

Also, I very much want to know what all the fighters online stats are. I don't even know why, I just... really badly want to know.

Stats are exciting.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

The reason probably is, to be a good LM player requires you to be calculated and VERY patient. Most people playing Mac just want to rush in and punch things

That is how I play every character. If they don't do well like that then I drop them and move on.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

Eiba posted:

Also, I very much want to know what all the fighters online stats are. I don't even know why, I just... really badly want to know.

Stats are exciting.
I actually do wanna know these stats as well I'm kinda fascinated by this.

Also to whoever was playing Diddy Kong by throwing banana peels, throwing me downwards before airslamming me

gently caress you

i got away from street fighter to avoid this grabbing bullshit what the hell :argh:

To the Mega Man player however who beat me down as both Mac and Sonic, well played good sir.
You truly are worthy of the Blue Bomber.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Eiba posted:

yeah, he's been doing it for a while now and as far as i can tell no one has been translating them except for a couple individual articles. its bullshit and i want to read them all

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

"What's the matter, scared?"

"We're gonna have fun with this thing."

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

It's okay, Little Mac. You've got about a 4:1 win ratio in my book. :unsmith:

Dedede doubles your ratio. :ssh:

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Yeah, Toshi Nakamura posts summaries of Sakurai's articles at Kotaku, but nobody seems to consistently be doing full translations. It's a shame!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

sharrrk posted:

"We're gonna have fun with this thing."

That isn't Wolf. :colbert:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Sire Oblivion posted:

That isn't Wolf. :colbert:

That's us in a week playing Smash Bros :)

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Macaluso posted:

That's us in a week playing Smash Bros :)

:hfive:

I finally got my Wii U online and I've had Smash downloading for about 5 hours now. How the gently caress is it this slow?

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Sire Oblivion posted:

:hfive:

I finally got my Wii U online and I've had Smash downloading for about 5 hours now. How the gently caress is it this slow?

I'm getting the same speed.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
I just had my Wii U be in standby mode and had it download while I was sleeping. Worked out greta.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Squallege posted:

I'm getting the same speed.

Mine just finised, there's now a 40 minute install. What in the holy gently caress.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Imagine this on the night it comes out. Holy poo poo it would go nowhere.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The characters Lyn from Fire Emblem, Isaac from Golden Sun, and Knuckles the Echidna from Sonic the Hedgehog will be in Project M, but maybe not for another year.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

The characters Lyn from Fire Emblem, Isaac from Golden Sun, and Knuckles the Echidna from Sonic the Hedgehog will be in Project M, but maybe not for another year.

the dude also said that Sami from Advance Wars is planned as well. No one else is set in stone yet.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
Come on, you could at least post the gifs. Issac's looking a little rough, but these are leaks so that's understandable. There was also a YouTube video of Lynn vs Knuckles that has since been removed.

Also 3.5 is being released on the site in a matter of minutes.

Edit: Lynn vs Knuckles got mirrored. Also KNUCKLES HAS A CHUCKLE TAUNT.

TechnoSyndrome fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Nov 15, 2014

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
That does look really good especially for fanmods. They still look kinda janky, but it's still leagues ahead of a lot of other character mods I've seen and I assume they're still developing and polishing.

It'd be awkward if Nintendo decides to announce Isaac or something as DLC for Smash 4 though.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Wild Knight posted:

It'd be awkward if Nintendo decides to announce Isaac or something as DLC for Smash 4 though.

Nobody cares about Golden Sun, or Isaac. It won't happen.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

how do i make project MmmmmHmmmm 3.5 work on dolphin perfectly and al.so my mayflash gamecube controller adapter how do i make that work perfectly, someone please walk me through this process as though i were a small, talking woodland animal with a big heart, but an oft-confused brain.

alternatively i would accept fights in smash 4 for the 3ds, but i can literally feel the carpal tunnel beginning to nest in the dank inner caverns of my body as a result of keeping my adult hands glued to a tiny children's toy for multiple hours a day.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

mabels big day posted:

Is he even still a trophy?

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I thought their goal was to make Brawl as much like Melee as possible, not make their own smash game.
Adding in a fuckton of new characters doesn't seem to make much sense, unless you're yanking my chain.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

how do i make project MmmmmHmmmm 3.5 work on dolphin perfectly and al.so my mayflash gamecube controller adapter how do i make that work perfectly, someone please walk me through this process as though i were a small, talking woodland animal with a big heart, but an oft-confused brain.

alternatively i would accept fights in smash 4 for the 3ds, but i can literally feel the carpal tunnel beginning to nest in the dank inner caverns of my body as a result of keeping my adult hands glued to a tiny children's toy for multiple hours a day.

Hello Sofia Coppola_OD_ if you follow the advice linked in the guide below I think you're going to have a really awesome time.

http://smashboards.com/threads/project-m-3-5-online-via-dolphin-netplay-setup-optimization-guide-3-5-ready.346700/

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

How Rude posted:

I thought their goal was to make Brawl as much like Melee as possible, not make their own smash game.
Adding in a fuckton of new characters doesn't seem to make much sense, unless you're yanking my chain.

Hey How Rude, Project M is a mix of mechanics from both Brawl and Melee, and hell, even a little Smash 64 to craft an experience that is both immediately accessible and has strategic depth! Of course its also a love letter to Nintendo nostalgia, much like any other Smash game, only curated by people who spend less time grooming themselves and getting paid and more time LOVING NINTENDO CANON!!

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

How Rude posted:

That's what they were originally planning on doing, but then they realized that was a bad idea, so yeah, now they're basically making their own smash game.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

Hello Sofia Coppola_OD_ if you follow the advice linked in the guide below I think you're going to have a really awesome time.

http://smashboards.com/threads/project-m-3-5-online-via-dolphin-netplay-setup-optimization-guide-3-5-ready.346700/

the only scandal here is how you could possibly have helped me out so quickly! Thanks, brother-gamer. May we someday meet on the field of battle!

:megaman: :mario: :yoshi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

mabels big day posted:

I care about both.
I was still surprised that they added a song from Dark Dawn for the Kid Icarus stage. Gives me hope that the series isn't completely dead.

• Locked thread