Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Lurdiak posted:

You're going to be very disappointed with Injustice 2.
Injustice has magic pills to make it okay.

Also it owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Post funny panels doesn't mean post the dumbest discussion of who would win in a fight.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Waterhaul posted:

Post funny panels doesn't mean post the dumbest discussion of who would win in a fight.

sure thing, boss

TEEN DOG #2

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Waterhaul posted:

[Incredible Hulk #391]

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Batman punching superman with a fistful of tiny suns rules. Here's a monkey farting.

The Filth

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

I love how sad that horse looks.

Stop it, Bert! I'm laughing so much I can't eat! You're a scream!

Both from Real Love #43

A Strange Aeon fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Nov 14, 2014

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

A Strange Aeon posted:

Both from Real Love #43

A guy who mugs horses and a guy who fucks old women, all in the same book. What a time it must have been to be alive.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

A guy who mugs horses and a guy who fucks old women, all in the same book. What a time it must have been to be alive.

They weren't the Greatest Generation for nothin'

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

A Strange Aeon posted:

Both from Real Love #43

I was trying to figure out if that was Jack Kirby or Joe Simon, but despite there being a collection of love comics by them called "Real Love" I can't find any evidence that either of them ever worked on that comic.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

TEEN DOG #3 (sorry I'm getting caught up)

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Teen Dog could easily be insufferable, but something about it is just very charming. I really dig it.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Hakkesshu posted:

Teen Dog could easily be insufferable, but something about it is just very charming. I really dig it.

The jokes have fallen off since issue 1, but there's still enough there for me to pick it up every month. There's an earnest quality to the writing that I appreciate.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

mind the walrus posted:

I love Batman but loving jesus does he create blind spots in fans.

I think Batman's psyche was given a nice look-see when that ~Magic Silver Kryptonite~ switched his and Superman's powers. Batman proceeded to stay on the dark side of the planet meting out brutal (yet I think still non-lethal) justice while Superman just enjoyed the fact that he and Lois could gently caress without him having to take it easy...until the other heroes convinced him to start getting serious about becoming Superman again - partly because Super-Batman kicked the entire JLA's rear end when they tried to stop him.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Nov 15, 2014

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I think Batman's psyche was given a nice look-see when that ~Magic Silver Kryptonite~ switched his and Superman's powers. Batman proceeded to stay on the dark side of the planet meting out brutal (yet I think still non-lethal) justice while Superman just enjoyed the fact that he and Lois could gently caress without him having to take it easy...until the other heroes convinced him to start getting serious about becoming Superman again - partly because he kicked the entire JLA's rear end when they tried to stop him.

Also if this took place after Doomed he would have prepared a fuckton so that could never happen again.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Has anyone done the Batman out of control plot line (without him becoming superman)?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

He became addicted to Venom (before Bane) one time, but that was just generic roid rage/addiction, not out of control in a supervillainous way.

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!
There was that Elseworld where his "descendant" ruled over a Batman themed dystopia and kidnapped innocent people off the street. Then he performed plastic surgery in order to remake them in the image of Batman's classic enemies before hunting them down for the entertainment of his people.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
I'm going to save DC by becoming its editor in chief. Here's my projected publishing list:

Batman, written by Grant Morrison (pg 13 ish)
Lobo, written by Keith Giffen (pg 13 ish)
Fun, goofy JLA, alternating GIffen/Morrison (all ages)
Wonder Woman, written by Messner-Loebs and Sam Keith (all ages)

Everything else will be Vertigo.

You're welcome.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Vengeance of Pandas posted:

There was that Elseworld where his "descendant" ruled over a Batman themed dystopia and kidnapped innocent people off the street. Then he performed plastic surgery in order to remake them in the image of Batman's classic enemies before hunting them down for the entertainment of his people.

I think that's I, Joker
http://comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=19769

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Sizone posted:

I'm going to save DC by becoming its editor in chief. Here's my projected publishing list:

You're welcome.
I keep mashing money against the screen but nothing's happening.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Sizone posted:

You're welcome.

Batgirl/Supergirl all ages by Mike Maihack

Mr. Miracle and Big Barda adventure book by Ramon Perez

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Mooseontheloose posted:

Has anyone done the Batman out of control plot line (without him becoming superman)?

Closest I can think of is the Justice Lords episode of Justice League, but even then Batman was the one to realize the error of his ways.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Gavok posted:

Closest I can think of is the Justice Lords episode of Justice League, but even then Batman was the one to realize the error of his ways.

Along those lines, what about the Justice League animated movie from a few years ago where Owlman from the Crime Syndicate goes full nihilist and decides to obliterate the whole multiverse? And in the rare double whammy, Batman simultaneously poo poo talks the real Flash and gets the evil Flash to kill himslef while saving the day.

EDIT: Crisis on Two Earths.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
"It doesn't matter"

Best last words.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

This isn't the thread for this conversation.

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

may microbes, bacilli their tissues infest
and tapeworms securely their bowels digest

Crowetron posted:

Was this before or after he was the President of the United States of America?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

I'd vote for a candidate in power armor every time.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Hey Lex is just standing up for our rights against illegal aliens.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I'd vote for a candidate in power armor every time.

I'm not sure I trust a guy who won't wear a helmet.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Hey, you guys elected Oswald Cobblepot as VP for 8 years, I'm sure Lex deserves a shot.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

bunnyofdoom posted:

Hey, you guys elected Oswald Cobblepot as VP for 8 years

Oh my God :aaa:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

bunnyofdoom posted:

Hey, you guys elected Oswald Cobblepot as VP for 8 years, I'm sure Lex deserves a shot.

:canada::hf::canada:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

How's that Stephen Harper working out for you?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

bunnyofdoom posted:

He was a Dick.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."
Somewhat of a different tack. I did thorough checking on this before I posted. It's from a manga that used to run through one of the hobby magazines in Japan, a retelling of the Vietnam War using bunnies as Americans and cats as Vietnamese. Then the Japanese...

From the Wikkiped

quote:

Apocalypse Meow is a three volume manga series written and illustrated by Motofumi Kobayashi. It was originally published in Japan as Cat poo poo One (キャットシットワン?) in 1998 by Softbank Publishing, but was renamed for the US release to parody the title of the film Apocalypse Now, which also took place during the Vietnam War. It was published in the UK (printed in Canada) in 2004 by ADV Manga. It was also released in Poland in 2006, also under the title Cat poo poo One. It has been released in France, Belgium and Spain, as Cat poo poo One, by Glénat in 2006.

Cangelosi fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Nov 16, 2014

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Cangelosi posted:

Somewhat of a different tack. I did thorough checking on this before I posted. It's from a manga that used to run through one of the hobby magazines in Japan, a retelling of the Vietnam War using bunnies as Americans and cats as Vietnamese. Then the Japanese...

From the Wikkiped

A demonstration of just how far the Japanese are willing to take a pun.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Uthor posted:

Batgirl/Supergirl all ages by Mike Maihack

I am also partial to the rendition of Supergirl from Supergirl: Cosmic Adventures in the 8th Grade which was pretty hilarious all the time.

(From issue one thereof.)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That art looks like the character designer from Tiny Toons got way into anime later in life.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Fuego Fish posted:

I am also partial to the rendition of Supergirl from Supergirl: Cosmic Adventures in the 8th Grade which was pretty hilarious all the time.

(From issue one thereof.)
Cheerleading squad?
Well, that explains her costume anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Say Nothing posted:

Cheerleading squad?
Well, that explains her costume anyway.

No, she's clearly a (marching? flying?) band geek, hence the hat and baton. I love the idea of a Supergirl who's just a total and utter dork.

• Locked thread