Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

Power of Pecota posted:

Crack the sky is like one level above the poop as an activatable item. I'm surprised they didn't buff it since now Lemon Mishap isn't complete garbage and Kamikaze or w/e the suicide vest is called can at least be situationally useful with Pyromaniac.

The Poop can be pretty nice if you have that one trinket.

(Frankly, with how bad Crack the Sky is, I recently picked it up on a ??? run without that trinket and still wished I had stuck with the Poop.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Oh god, bobs brain copies your exact bomb effects, so if you have sad bombs with brimstone/ipecac everything explodes.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Iny posted:

The Poop can be pretty nice if you have that one trinket.

(Frankly, with how bad Crack the Sky is, I recently picked it up on a ??? run without that trinket and still wished I had stuck with the Poop.)

The exact same thing happened to me. Playing as ???, picked up crack the sky because anything must be better than the poop. No, crack the sky is worse than the poop. The poop can be used to make a bridge. The poop can drop pickups sometimes. The poop can block an enemy's path. Crack the sky can do none of those.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

IGgy IGsen posted:

I dunno, chocolate milk has always been pretty fantastic because even if you don't wanna charge you could just mash the buttons to fire super fast and charge up while you were out of range. This was possible in the original too, where people hated chocolate milk as well. Dunno why, it was pretty drat great.
The reason people have always disliked chocolate milk isn't because it's bad, it's because it's annoying to mash the arrow keys.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Oh so that's how you beat Cat Got Your Tongue, get Krampus's Head, use it to annihilate the bosses and if they're still standing, you've just created a million flies which will do the rest for you.

Beat Mom with half a heart left. :cool:

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Crack the sky is so loving worthless, I would rather have the cursed eye. Crack the sky is a tremendous disappointment, and I cannot for the life of me understand why it was added.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Crying bombs, poly and rubber cement is just... hilarious.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Christ floor 1 Envy is tedious, feel like i get it every single time I attempt Purist

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Oh goddamn I've obtained a Chaos Card on Family Man. On Cellar I. :suicide:

Pleeeeeeease let me get this.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Is there anyway to get a copy of steam/rebirth on a USB to play portably?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Holy poo poo the lost, it's amazing and terrible and Jesus Christ how do people manage this.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

AnonSpore posted:

Holy poo poo the lost, it's amazing and terrible and Jesus Christ how do people manage this.

Holy Mantle, Guppys collar/Guppy.

But yes, it is loving terrible, I hate that unlocks are tied to this bullshit character.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
Is Pandora's Box supposed to do more than give you two soul hearts? because I've gotten it three times now and that's all it does for me, seems a little underwhelming since there's a card that does the same thing.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

AnonSpore posted:

:smith::hf::smith: I feel ya bud

AndroidHub posted:

Is Pandora's Box supposed to do more than give you two soul hearts? because I've gotten it three times now and that's all it does for me, seems a little underwhelming since there's a card that does the same thing.

It has random chances to drop different things. I've gotten just two soul hearts out of it few times yes, but also trinkets and pedestal items sometimes.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

FrickenMoron posted:

Holy Mantle, Guppys collar/Guppy.

But yes, it is loving terrible, I hate that unlocks are tied to this bullshit character.

:gitgud:

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

IronicDongz posted:

The reason people have always disliked chocolate milk isn't because it's bad, it's because it's annoying to mash the arrow keys.

In BoI chocolate milk had a damage multiplier that crippled your DPS. You needed to charge for a few moments to match the damage of your regular tears. In Rebirth, that multiplier is less severe.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

AnonSpore posted:

Yeah I really underestimated how hard it is to not get hit even once. It really changes how you play, and a lot of items are completely useless(an example is that Beggars probably aren't worth it since they mostly give health-up items). Also you can't use curse rooms unless you have holy mantle or they're next to a secret room.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wait, i figured the lost would at least be immune to curse room doors. that's just :(

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Wow, Bible and Chaos Card carried me through that last half of Family Man. Rotten Baby is a definitely MVP, since endless flies (though one at a time) can be pretty powerful.

Now onto the final (and looking like best) challenge!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Ignite Memories posted:

Crack the sky is so loving worthless, I would rather have the cursed eye. Crack the sky is a tremendous disappointment, and I cannot for the life of me understand why it was added.

tbh I think White Pony fills its function just fine.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

After a long string of terrible runs I finally got some nice stuff. Daddy Longlegs on the first floor, Polyphemus on the second, then an unending string of HP and damage upgrades going into the Chest. I even turned into the Lord of the Flies in Utero II and gained flight. I was really expecting the D6 to be more useful but usually it just makes a bad item into a useless one.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

pumpinglemma posted:

OK, so I was able to beat Suicide King in the end by getting Brimstone, Lil' Brimstone, and Guppy's Paw. How the gently caress are you meant to do it otherwise? I can see how beating Mom's Heart would be feasible, but Isaac? :stare:

Getting Magic Fingers is pretty drat great to beat Suicide King. Since your damage is at max, most rooms cost only one penny to clear, and with Ipecac finding secret rooms to refill your money is pretty easy.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
Huh, so We Need To Go Deeper, the shovel I dont usually pick up cause I dont want to miss anything that could help me, doesn't always spawn trapdoors to the next level anymore. It can also create ladder trapdoors to an item or those devil deal shops.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Tollymain posted:

wait, i figured the lost would at least be immune to curse room doors. that's just :(

Well since you have flying you don't take damage going into a curse room, but you do coming out. So you'll need some way to teleport or bombing into a secret room to get out.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.
Just had my first run where I got the Leo item and I was surprised at how many items are contained in rocks/skulls/mushrooms.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Logan 5 posted:

Huh, so We Need To Go Deeper, the shovel I dont usually pick up cause I dont want to miss anything that could help me, doesn't always spawn trapdoors to the next level anymore. It can also create ladder trapdoors to an item or those devil deal shops.

Yup. Just remember to check if the door has a ladder in it or not.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Hooray, I beat all the Challenges, but since I got Missing No., I have no idea how. In any case, I now have a Rules Card, which is useless, since we know everything that it says.

Yay?

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
Wow Pinking Shears is so good now. Just murdered ??? for me on my latest Judas run. It does so much damage now holy cow.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I just realized in the Chest that the big round shadow on all the rooms is Isaac's head while he's looking inside it.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
gently caress solar system is a stupid challenge. I'm not going to waste my time trying to plink away at poo poo using loving flies when I can just download a save file. Whoever made these challenges is loving brain damaged. They're not fun by any definition of the word.

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
Holy poo poo. When this game wants you to win, it really means it.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=342246031
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=342245959
I also unlocked Dead Boy on this run :toot:

Tammy's Head + Brimstone is the best goddamn thing. INFINITE SPIDERS AND FLIES!

Fatal Error fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Nov 15, 2014

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Distant Admiration actually hits pretty hard, I don't think Solar System is too bad a challenge.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I bombed a rock in Sheol and found the black market. In the black market was a hole. Since I had like no health and no hope I jumped down. Sure enough I ended up in the Dark Room well before I unlocked the Negative. I Emperor'd to the Lamb and actually took out 3/4 of its health before dying (also, thanks curse of the unknown). That charge he does really fucks me up.

It of course didn't count as a Satan kill. I'm mad.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Haha who writes these things http://bindingofisaacrebirth.gamepedia.com/

quote:

Game Features

Tons of feature film quality animated endings

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
Well, it's better than Foodfight...

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Tammy's Head was the first item I picked up in the Computer Savvy challenge. I think it's my favourite combo now, easy mode.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

mr. nobody posted:

Just had my first run where I got the Leo item and I was surprised at how many items are contained in rocks/skulls/mushrooms.

Mushrooms are pretty great if you have a big supply of bombs because they have a decent chance of spawning the magic mushroom.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Zeron posted:

Mushrooms are pretty great if you have a big supply of bombs because they have a decent chance of spawning the magic mushroom.

Just don't run over them if you have anything that gives lets you smash rocks/mushrooms/skulls.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Zeron posted:

As well as mini mush, which isn't a bad thing to have. If you have good pills going in your run, or PhD, they're also worth it because they can spawn pills. The only drawback is if you have leo or thunder thighs you're likely to hurt yourself on the poison clouds they sometimes produce.

Skulls drop tarot cards and some devil deal room stuff rarely, like the ghost baby and the mark. Just make sure the room is cleared before you explode them, cause they can spawn those pop-up head enemies, but they're easy enough to deal with since they disappear if you leave the room and come back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Distant Admiration actually hits pretty hard, I don't think Solar System is too bad a challenge.

If you're happy to use distant admiration in order to slowly whittle away every room, kudos. But I really don't want to waste my time doing something so stupid. And I think a lot of people feel the same way. I'm happy to download a 100% save file when I feel I've done everything a normal human being would want to do.