Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WolfShirt
May 8, 2007

Pretty pretty pony pony pretty pony pon pon

goatface posted:

Bubsy is amazing. It really does look like an alpha build before the textures have been added.

It shockingly becomes more unfinished as it goes on. It's like an onion of awfulness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WolfShirt
May 8, 2007

EDIT: Uh....see below!

VVVVVVVVVVVV

WolfShirt fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Nov 4, 2014

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

WolfShirt posted:

Quote for new page.

That's part 1.

WolfShirt posted:

Mario Tabletop RPG Adventures -Paper Koopa- Chapter 1-2
The rules: Pen and Paper Mario

As our (heroes??) start their mission they find themselves accosted by a gang of street tough koopas and goombas. Time to test out those fight mechanics~

If anybody's attempted to play with this ruleset so far tell us about it!

From Now Until I Beat It: A COMPLETE PLAYTHROUGH OF BUBSY 3D - Hour 2

This nonsense also continues. Somehow the game continues to become worse by the minute and my tenuous grasp on sanity slips by the catchphrase.

WolfShirt
May 8, 2007

Thanks for that! I honestly would have never noticed that I did that. Don't quote at 3AM people.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Hello! Gharbad told me to check in here. I was wondering what days/times y'all play

Fenrax
Oct 9, 2012

WolfShirt posted:

From Now Until I Beat It: A COMPLETE PLAYTHROUGH OF BUBSY 3D - Hour 2

This nonsense also continues. Somehow the game continues to become worse by the minute and my tenuous grasp on sanity slips by the catchphrase.
Oh wow that platforming level looks incredibly unfair. I somehow don't remember that level at all even though I'm pretty sure I've played until at least the next boss. Maybe I've blocked how terrible that level was from memory although I'm sure that there are even worse levels coming up if my memory of the second boss is accurate at all. The more I see and remember from this game the more I feel sorry for you for playing through the whole thing.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.

Herr Tog posted:

Hello! Gharbad told me to check in here. I was wondering what days/times y'all play

I did no such thing! Don't blame this on me!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I imagine the Paper Mario Tabletop is a custom creation and not some kind of reskin of a Burning Wheel gaem?

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Glazius posted:

I imagine the Paper Mario Tabletop is a custom creation and not some kind of reskin of a Burning Wheel gaem?

It's a /tg/ creation, so all bets are off.

Page says "It borrows somewhat from the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying Game, Dark Heresy and Shadowrun PnP games."

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Ablative posted:

It's a /tg/ creation, so all bets are off.

Page says "It borrows somewhat from the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying Game, Dark Heresy and Shadowrun PnP games."

I know why it borrows from Shadowrun. It's a system with poo poo tons of d6s. But I still don't understand Warhammer and Dark Heresy. I guess if you unfocus your eyes, the stats might look almost similar?

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Gharbad the Weak posted:

I did no such thing! Don't blame this on me!

But...but we talked on Steam :(

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Get on steam, Togg.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Pen and Paper Mario is fantastic. :allears: I'd love to play a cog in the Koopa-industrial war complex.

Bubsy is... well, it is.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I literally had a dream last night where I was talking about Bubsy. I distinctly remember wondering who in the world thought that his character design was marketable.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
What do the kids like? They like animals, right? Cartoon animals? From the TV. They like the Sonic games, and this will be better! Three Dee, like they've never seen, and now we have the compact disks we can fully voice act it! What? Whadda we make him say? I dunno, eh... he's a cartoon isn't he? Make him throw out quips like bugs bunny. Kids love Bugs Bunny. Throw in some of the modern catchphrases to show he's in their world. We'll ship it in November with a marketing blitz and make a killing on the Christmas sales.

The kids will love him.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

goatface posted:

What do the kids like? They like animals, right? Cartoon animals? From the TV. They like the Sonic games, and this will be better! Three Dee, like they've never seen, and now we have the compact disks we can fully voice act it! What? Whadda we make him say? I dunno, eh... he's a cartoon isn't he? Make him throw out quips like bugs bunny. Kids love Bugs Bunny. Throw in some of the modern catchphrases to show he's in their world. We'll ship it in November with a marketing blitz and make a killing on the Christmas sales.

The kids will love him.

Even the first Bubsy game had voice acting. It was horrible.

And let's not forget the series staple of being a platform game with instantly lethal fall damage! :shepicide:

e: also I'm really digging the Mario thing. Ruff ruff.

WolfShirt
May 8, 2007

cobalt impurity posted:

Even the first Bubsy game had voice acting. It was horrible.

Somehow the added space of a CD Rom allowed them to make Bubsy's voice WORSE. Comapare:

Bubsy on SNES
Bubsy 3D

He started off pretty unoffensive and it's like they went back and re-engineered it to be as grating as possible!

WolfShirt fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Nov 6, 2014

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

WolfShirt posted:

Somehow the added space of a CD Rom allowed them to make Bubsy's voice WORSE. Comapare:

Bubsy on SNES
Bubsy 3D

He started off pretty unoffensive and it's like they went back and re-engineered it to be as grating as possible!

I can't even listen to the Bubsy 3D video for more than a minute. It is like they weaponized awful mascot characters.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

gnome7 posted:

I can't even listen to the Bubsy 3D video for more than a minute. It is like they weaponized awful mascot characters.

Yeah, SNES Bubsy was slightly snarky and only bad once you heard "what could possibly go wrong" for the hundredth time because the game was hard as balls. 3D is painful.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

WolfShirt posted:

Bubsy on SNES
Bubsy 3D

"Whoa, are you still playing this thing?"

He knows. :tinfoil:

e:

gnome7 posted:

I couldn't make it 10 seconds into the cartoon show.

MelvinBison fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Nov 7, 2014

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out
Everyone needs to post their FAVOURITE KIT MOMENTS for research purposes.

Edit: Rockmeat's don't count. He has cement for a brain.

Lethemonster fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Nov 7, 2014

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
My favorite Kit moment is how she relentlessly supports Rockmeats in everything he does

WolfShirt
May 8, 2007

My favorite Kit Moments was when she woke bolt upright with murderous intent due to monks goofing around on the roof and ruining her beauty sleep, only to be calmed by sweet compliments.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
My favorite Kit moment was when she suddenly became hand-puppet sized and attached to Joey's hand. That was weird.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

"Isn't caffeine fatal to rabbits?"
"Probably!"

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Kit's fainting spell to distract the Bee Wizard so the party (plus Gary; but I repeat myself) could escape the cave with loot in hand was pretty great.

Slippery42
Nov 10, 2011
"Palla, help! Use your cheating!"

WolfShirt
May 8, 2007

Mario Tabletop RPG Adventures -Paper Koopa- Chapter 1-3
The rules: Pen and Paper Mario

Our crack team of Koopa Troopas infiltrate this mushroom village without drawing any attention to themselves whatsoev- I can't finish that with a straight face.

Bubsy's coming along later this week! But don't worry because this episode is the best one yet. If anybody were to say Link A Friend to our games or generally Plug Us Anywhere I know I'd pick this one! :heysexy:

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Man, Paper Mario makes for such a fun setting. I'm super into the Bob-ombs, Piranha Flowers and Chain Chomps etc just being people.

With all the talk of Medibot's character's species, I half expected a "Hi! I'm Daisy!" at some point.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

I love how much detail Wolfshirt put into every map (especially the puzzle map.) When I saw the top of the Bowser figurehead on the boat it made my whole day.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Scruffy remains the best character.

ruff ruff

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
Finally caught up to these videos and I am simultaneously quite amused and cringing remembering the brutality of 3.5 at level 1. Please, Poorweather, get a crossbow. For your health.

dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

I wanna get a Super Saiyan Mohawk when I grow up! :swoon:

Action Shakespeare posted:

Finally caught up to these videos and I am simultaneously quite amused and cringing remembering the brutality of 3.5 at level 1. Please, Poorweather, get a crossbow. For your health.

Didn't she mention that she's barely strong enough to carry her spellbook and that's it? A feather could probably put her into encumbrance.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

dotchan posted:

Didn't she mention that she's barely strong enough to carry her spellbook and that's it? A feather could probably put her into encumbrance.

Hand crossbow then :v:

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

dotchan posted:

I think we need a training montage.

Weight Book Feather Air lifting!

Borrillz
Aug 2, 2013
I just wanted to say thanks to Captain J. Linebeck for uploading the heroic tier videos to youtube! Keep 'em coming!

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

You can get anything you want at malice's restaurant

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

But where does Prausia come from?

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

But where does Prausia come from?

Beetle cave, she was hatched in that alcove. You don't think she really would've survived the trip there, do you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I can't believe this takes place in Michigan

• Locked thread