Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
This is so two pages ago, but I picked up a pack of those Aquapels for myself as well. I also love my mini boom bluetooth speaker so much I'd buy it again if mine broke so whoever picked that up, you done good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

ChocNitty posted:

Picked up a deal for 3 months of audible for $6 (3 books) so I could get The Great Courses titles, which are massive and pricey.

48 45min lectures. The professor is surprisingly funny which is nice.

Next two months will be the courses in ancient Rome and Egypt. Good poo poo for history geeks, and people needing something for the gym or long work commutes.

My billing cycle was due in a couple days so I tried cancelling my membership and using this offer, it worked so thanks for saving me $30+

Also those music lectures are awesome, I finished them recently. Now I'm on the War and World History ones and found them interesting but a bit underwhelming in comparison, will use my next credit to get the Egypt ones reccommended above.

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost

Ihmemies posted:

I don't like to buy clothes without trying them on and comparing between different sizes. Also varusteleka sells mostly dark colored / green / camo clothing :/
I feel the same way. Last time I bought a jacket online (Fjallraven) it didn't fit me despite my very careful measuring. When I returned it to the retailer (I live in Canada. Retailer is in the U.S.) I got hit with all sorts of customs fees. It was a terrible experience.

melon cat has a new favorite as of 07:33 on Nov 14, 2014

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

MA-Horus posted:

If you're doing the History of Ancient Egypt done by Professor Brier, get ready to enjoy. He's an immensely awesome lecturer and literally THE expert in Egyptian-style mummification.

I'll definitely be getting that one next. I hear mummification is wonderfully sophisticated. It's pretty amazing that we have the preserved body of Egypt's greatest ruler from 3,200 years ago. We don't even have a single portrait for many major historical figures who lived in the middle ages, but we still have the actual face, skin, hair, and nails of an ancient king who ruled long before Jesus, Buddha, or Muhammad was born. Even though he resembles beef jerky now, it's neat just to look at his face and try to contemplate everything he witnessed over his 67 year reign.

Now to segway into jeans.

My car got broken into a week ago, me and my girlfriends luggage got stolen. Got a couple pairs to replace ones that got lost.

MeatRocket8 has a new favorite as of 05:42 on Nov 13, 2014

Mr_Angry
May 15, 2003
A severe disappointment
College Slice
My brother is constantly saying "send money" whenever it comes to his birthday or honestly any day that ends in a Y so I figured this year I'd finally give in and not just do a gift that'll go unused:

I hope he enjoys his newfound wealth and the lifestyle changes it will bring. Amazingly http://www.xe.com shows that as being worth some 275 billion USD and if that's the case then I am the best brother ever. I suspect somehow the actual value is much, much lower.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Surge is back in stock on Amazon.
So I did the sensible thing and bought 3 cases.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Fly with me posted:

Goddamn you. I don't even drink soda and I've got a case of this in my cart now. Trying to convince myself not to buy it.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Fly with me posted:

I try to only drink diet soda...but today IS my birthday...and I have so many Amazon GC dollars just sitting there...

A MEGA EXPLODING
Oct 4, 2012

I may be an underachiever, but I do have a name!

As a reasonable human being of so and so years of age, I do not regret this purchases one bit.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

sansteele posted:

As a reasonable human being of so and so years of age, I do not regret this purchases one bit.

That's going to be the worst mixed drink ever.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
The North Face Thermoball, ready for some cold weather camping. It's super light, warm, and packs down to a pocket.

New running shoes, Kinvara 4's

Suit for my wedding

Shoes

Ring

Bottom Liner has a new favorite as of 16:29 on Nov 13, 2014

A MEGA EXPLODING
Oct 4, 2012

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

That's going to be the worst mixed drink ever.

After I posted, I started wondering how the two would taste together. Will report back with findings. It can't be worse than Coca-Cola and Jose Gold, nothing can be worse than that.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

sansteele posted:

"Barkeep, I'll have your finest Surged Dickel."

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Winter is coming and I'll be prepared.

nerox
May 20, 2001

sansteele posted:

After I posted, I started wondering how the two would taste together. Will report back with findings. It can't be worse than Coca-Cola and Jose Gold, nothing can be worse than that.

A sweet, fizzy whiskey sour?

You should rim the glass with pop rocks.

A MEGA EXPLODING
Oct 4, 2012

^^ Only the finest of watermelon poprocks shall touch these lips mine

Captain Lavender posted:

"Barkeep, I'll have your finest Surged Dickel."

I'm partial to "Dick Surge" myself. What a monstrosity it'll be.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Just call it the Dick Trickle.

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

I forgot about these threads but haven't stopped wasting money on pretty poo poo. I bought this car that has been taking up most of my disposable income as I've been going it part-by-part and getting it back to how it was when new, along with some modifications along the way.

2003 BMW 540i M-Sport 6-Speed. 901 of 1280 and most have been beaten to poo poo. Found this one out in Los Angeles, flew out and drove it back to Michigan. It had some undisclosed issues but I've been making the best of it. Replaced all suspension bushings and arms, installed Bilstein PSS coilovers, M5 swaybars, M5 steering box, muffler delete, VF Engineering supercharger, 3:15 rear diff with Wavetrack LSD, short-shift kit and weighted ZHP knob, and a bunch of other stuff. It's been a great learning experience doing all of the work myself and it's amazing around town and for road trips. It's actually faster than the 911 at this point but with far more utility.

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Quite Polite Like Walter Cronkite
You should have to make a mandatory monthly post - drat you got good taste.

edit: not that recent but I paid to have this fixed and recovered

CP - Black Minolta XD-11 3 by Bud_lish, on Flickr

Bud has a new favorite as of 19:41 on Nov 13, 2014

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

big mean giraffe posted:

Winter is coming and I'll be prepared.

Me Too!

my winter is probably a lot milder than yours :sun:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I bought really 80s bomber jacket on eBay for like $25, it's a going away present for my wisdom teeth.

pfs Write
Jun 29, 2014

get/save/remove
it wasn't a bomber jacket, but at a thrift store I tried on a jacket and there was a bag with wisdom teeth in it. maybe that guy did the same thing

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

beanieson posted:

Me Too!

Northern Michigan here, so yeah, probably.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

beanieson posted:

Me Too!

Where is that stuff from? Is the middle thing a thermal of some sort, or a wetsuit thing or what?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Where is that stuff from? Is the middle thing a thermal of some sort, or a wetsuit thing or what?

Cycling bibs. Keeps your pants from falling down into your buttcrack/gooch when you're pedaling. They're the only thing to ride in, summer or winter.

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

Bud posted:

You should have to make a mandatory monthly post - drat you got good taste.

edit: not that recent but I paid to have this fixed and recovered

CP - Black Minolta XD-11 3 by Bud_lish, on Flickr

I'll just try to remember the order in which I've accumulated poo poo and play catchup. I'm super broke right now because of FW2014 clothes.

Where did you have that recovered? I've considered getting a kit from that Camera Leather site but couldn't justify it since I no longer use my Hasselblads or Pentax.

Pennant
Aug 24, 2007

~~~~~ everybody move your feet and feel united oooh ooh ooh ~~~~~
Post Your Favourite (or Request) > PYF Recent Purchases: Did I Just Watch Somebody Buy?

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Quite Polite Like Walter Cronkite

woot fatigue posted:

Where did you have that recovered? I've considered getting a kit from that Camera Leather site but couldn't justify it since I no longer use my Hasselblads or Pentax.

A guy name John Titterington (sp?) of JT Camera did the fixing and recovering. He's on ebay and does great work. The take-up spool was broken and the auction I won came with a parts donor so not too bad in the end. The leather did in fact come from camera leather dot com but I just had it sent to John since he'd have it apart anyway.

CP - Minolta XD-11
by Bud_lish, on Flickr

I did another one myself in the Griptac and it's great and pretty easy. Nothing better to make you pickup old stuff you don't use anymore than throwing a little love/money at it.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

beanieson posted:

Me Too!

I just got the same socks, $8 in the rei clearance bin. Plus some gloves, also out of the bin:

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

Rag & Bone - Theo Crew Neck Sweater
http://www.rag-bone.com/theo-crew/d/6787C2536

Belstaff - Burstead Sweater
http://www.belstaff.com/men/ready-to-wear/knitwear/burstead-sweater-dark-plum/71130187K67A0023-1.html?start=17

Alex Mill - Brushed Flannel Chore Shirt
http://www.alex-mill.com/collections/mens-shirts/products/brushed-flannel-chore-shirt-2

Alex Mill - Donegal Wool Sweater
http://www.alex-mill.com/collections/mens-sweaters-sweatshirts/products/donegal-wool-sweater

Belstaff - Stratham Jacket in Flannel Wool Twill
http://www.belstaff.com/men/outerwear/jackets/stratham-jacket-grey-melange/71020180C67N0042-1.html?start=36

Baldwin - Henley Pant in Pepper Canvas
https://www.baldwindenim.com/product/denim-mens/henley-pepper-canvas/

Gran Sasso - Cashmere Donegal Crew Neck (couldn't find a pic online)

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

A bunch of electrocandy for a receiver re-cap project I'm going to do: ELNA Silmic IIs

dumb bunny
Jan 30, 2014

Fun Shoe

ThaShaneTrain
Jan 2, 2009

pure mindless vandalism
:smuggo:

and a pre-order for

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
that looks like the shrek font

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

big mean giraffe posted:

Yeah I hit buy so fast it wasn't funny.

motherfuckers won't send it to Australia.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
And one more piece of "art" for $1. This time a copy of Claude Monet's Le Bassin des Nympheas from 1904.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

widefault posted:

And one more piece of "art" for $1. This time a copy of Claude Monet's Le Bassin des Nympheas from 1904.

That's really cool actually. Solid use of a buck

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

^ Awesome deal.

Framed print of Andreas Gursky's "Montparnasse":

More stuff to replace my lost wardrobe:

Nike AF1 '07

Harness leather belt

Over time it turns into a dark copper color.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

ChocNitty posted:

^ Awesome deal.

Now where'd ya get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

ChocNitty posted:

^ Awesome deal.

Where did you get this? My wall needs it.