Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Turk February posted:

"I bet this 100 hit combo reminds you of your childhood."

Beautiful.

The followup "You can't combo break yo daddy" wasn't bad either :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I used to watch him a long time ago. I can't seem to find his call of duty 4 griefs. They were my favorite.

I liked the shadow run one though "Goddamn retard." "that ni*** can fly, he started flyin and I had to get outta there"

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Soulex posted:

I used to watch him a long time ago. I can't seem to find his call of duty 4 griefs. They were my favorite.

I liked the shadow run one though "Goddamn retard." "that ni*** can fly, he started flyin and I had to get outta there"

The Cod4 videos he did a long time ago in order from oldest to newest.

The Shadowrun one you brought up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X676ja3Uyc

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhxHdlQT3uM
Reminds me of playing MAG and hearing Russian domestic disputes on voice chat. :allears:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

C.M. Kruger posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhxHdlQT3uM
Reminds me of playing MAG and hearing Russian domestic disputes on voice chat. :allears:
That's Jerk Store levels of insult and it still worked. :psyduck:

LotsBread
Jan 4, 2013
I think I griefed someone by merely playing a game. I tried out the Evolved Alpha before it went away, and decided to play as a hunter. Because I honestly have no patience for tutorials, I ignored the unskippable video one. From there on out, I began trying to play the game as a tank/hunter whatever the gently caress its called and went around, getting a hang of the controls. Meanwhile, team mates are giving me poo poo for not finding the monster straight away. One guy kept telling me "We los this game" and "stop plaing" and "go pla tetri". Only thing I could do was arch my brow and ask myself "What exactly is wrong here".

So, that's griefing, I guess? :confused:

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

LotsBread posted:

I think I griefed someone by merely playing a game. I tried out the Evolved Alpha before it went away, and decided to play as a hunter. Because I honestly have no patience for tutorials, I ignored the unskippable video one. From there on out, I began trying to play the game as a tank/hunter whatever the gently caress its called and went around, getting a hang of the controls. Meanwhile, team mates are giving me poo poo for not finding the monster straight away. One guy kept telling me "We los this game" and "stop plaing" and "go pla tetri". Only thing I could do was arch my brow and ask myself "What exactly is wrong here".

So, that's griefing, I guess? :confused:

Too bad you didn't pay attention to the tutorial, because the hunter had the best griefing tool ever; The Arena. It was an ability to create a huge impenetrable shield surrounding an area for a few minutes. Normally it's used to trap the monster to force a fight, but it also blocked the rest of your team as well.

The monster was very weak in the beginning, but if you let it feed on wildlife, it would mutate and become almost unstoppable. If you got the distance right, you could trap the rest of your team in the arena, leaving the monster free to eat unhindered while the rest of your couldn't do anything but helplessly watch as it grew stronger.

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
If you play as the flying monster (Kraken) in Evolve, you can just fly to the farthest corner of any map right at the start and hide in a bush or on top of a rock for the whole round. They'll never find you. Even if they do, it doesn't matter because you brought the movement speed perk; you just fly away faster than they could ever hope to follow and hide again. You still officially lose when the time runs down, but when the Hunters have spent twenty solid minutes running in circles and insulting your mother because they just plain can't find you -- even the robot with the scouting drone for a head -- you'll know who the real winner is: The Kraken, hide and seek champion.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Sort of reminds me of shenanigans from SC2 at launch.

Basically, if a Terran player suspected their opponent was about to deliver the killing blow, they'd lift off one of their Command Centers, fly it to a corner of the map that only flying units could attack it at, then go all-in on the enemy base, trying to kill all of their workers+ worker-producing buildings (as well as any fliers). If it worked, they'd be locked in a stalemate that their opponent couldn't hope to break. If I remember right, Blizzard eventually added in something that would eventually cause a double loss if neither player had damaged anything after a few minutes if someone's base had been revealed (which happens when they lose most of their buildings).

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

In Heroes of the Storm, upon reaching level 10 (~6 minutes into the game), Azmodan gets ability to summon minions that require 4 hits (and do not expire on time), regardless of damage, to be killed. Another hero, Tassadar, has an ability to shield allies, that can be boosted with two talents to never expire and to shield minions for 50% more. These two combined result in relentless assault of minions that, by the level 10 of both Tassadar and Azmodan, take 424 hits to be killed, regardless of what hits them, and with the progression of levels the shield only becomes more powerful, up to some ~800 hits in the late game, though the match never lasts so long as minions, even if shielded sloppily, will end the game around the 15 minute mark at most.

:allears:

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

kalstrams posted:

In Heroes of the Storm, upon reaching level 10 (~6 minutes into the game), Azmodan gets ability to summon minions that require 4 hits (and do not expire on time), regardless of damage, to be killed. Another hero, Tassadar, has an ability to shield allies, that can be boosted with two talents to never expire and to shield minions for 50% more. These two combined result in relentless assault of minions that, by the level 10 of both Tassadar and Azmodan, take 424 hits to be killed, regardless of what hits them, and with the progression of levels the shield only becomes more powerful, up to some ~800 hits in the late game, though the match never lasts so long as minions, even if shielded sloppily, will end the game around the 15 minute mark at most.

Please tell me there are videos of this :allears:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

TheSpiritFox posted:

Please tell me there are videos of this :allears:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VyJjC1rj3k

Too bad the game does not have chat between teams so far. Most you can do is to use callout that is visible at the end of the game. Invincible minions break the core (base) and enemy team sees:

Tassadar: Sorry!
Azmodan: Sorry!

Edit: This was stealth-patched 20 minutes ago. :saddowns:

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Nov 11, 2014

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

kalstrams posted:

That reminds me of the only good thing to come out of League of Legends; players loving with things. The engineer guy, Heimerdinger, has a few turrets he can set down. The important part is that they could block minions, but the waves would continue to be generated. If Heimerdinger did it right, he could fence minions in behind his turrets for say, seven or eight or nine waves? While the rest of the players would farm them and keep them off the towers. Then eventually he'd rebuild his turrets or die, releasing the gigantic minion army.

I tried to find a video but they all have awful clipart and sample text and bad techno music everywhere so just imagine a gigantic swarm of weak little trash dudes plowing in the enemy base.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

kalstrams posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VyJjC1rj3k

Too bad the game does not have chat between teams so far. Most you can do is to use callout that is visible at the end of the game. Invincible minions break the core (base) and enemy team sees:

Tassadar: Sorry!
Azmodan: Sorry!

Edit: This was stealth-patched 20 minutes ago. :saddowns:

I just love the guys freaking out.

'OMG YOU GUYS ITS AN ALPHA AND YOU GLITCHED GET hosed GO PLAY SOMETHING ELSE gently caress YOU'

Because surely, SURELY, an alpha build isn't the time to roll out hilarious game-breaking builds while you can so that the devs can look into it. Maybe they're just mad they won't get to use that particular build in the full version themselves?

I mean, am I misunderstanding here, or are people are getting full-blown threat-slinging mad over a TEST BUILD?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Shady Amish Terror posted:

I just love the guys freaking out.

'OMG YOU GUYS ITS AN ALPHA AND YOU GLITCHED GET hosed GO PLAY SOMETHING ELSE gently caress YOU'

Because surely, SURELY, an alpha build isn't the time to roll out hilarious game-breaking builds while you can so that the devs can look into it. Maybe they're just mad they won't get to use that particular build in the full version themselves?

I mean, am I misunderstanding here, or are people are getting full-blown threat-slinging mad over a TEST BUILD?
Some people get quite made about it. I had people threatening me over Battle.net chat with bans and all this "my uncle works at Nintendo" crap. Other people are like:

same guy in absolute majority of threads about issue posted:

THIS IS A GAME BREAKING BUG THAT REQUIRES IMMEDIATE ATTENTION.

HOT FIX REQUIRED IMMEDIATELY.

Found another quite annoying (for enemy team) thing to pull off in Heroes of the Storm. Abathur clones (his ability) Azmodan, two* Azmodans walk into enemy base and:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUpq6OusK4Y

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

I'm excited for this game but I don't think blizzard is ready for the amount of balancing this will require.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Who's done more balance patches that Blizzard? If they're not ready, no one is.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato

RatHat posted:

Was it Epicmafia? You're lucky you got off that easy, the community is loving toxic and goes apeshit on anyone trolling or cheating.

Town of Salem, nice enough but heavily whored out on social media for kickstarter money and thus stuffed full of really tacky backer-demanded poo poo. Give your character a minecraft house, or a baby dragon pet. Play as your favourite youtubers :thumbsup:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

tomanton posted:

Town of Salem, nice enough but heavily whored out on social media for kickstarter money and thus stuffed full of really tacky backer-demanded poo poo. Give your character a minecraft house, or a baby dragon pet. Play as your favourite youtubers :thumbsup:

I don't see how any of this is a bad thing. It just lets you know who you should vote to lynch first.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato

Coolguye posted:

I don't see how any of this is a bad thing. It just lets you know who you should vote to lynch first.

Absolutely.

tomanton fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Nov 12, 2014

emmie
Jan 13, 2014

Jester in ToS is made for griefing. The way it works is, if you get yourself lynched, you can get a guaranteed kill the next night on anyone who voted guilty against you, even if they are night-immune. You can use this for good (kill a known Mafia member on the turn Mafia ties the town in members, ensuring any competent town team the win) or evil (kill the Mayor right after he's forced to announce himself, ensuring the town hemorrhages two members per day until they lose), and in public matches it's ridiculously easy to get yourself killed. All you have to do is wait until late in the game and claim you're a role that has already died. This has worked 4-5 times for me and I've never been caught at it, each time just saying "WTF people, I'm the loving [role that has already died or is likely to be called]" The trick is to claim a high-priority town target that has already died, like doctor/mayor/sheriff, or a low-priority town target that hasn't (as they will be likely to call you out, having nothing to lose from their role being known). ok hth go have fun as jester

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

emmie posted:

Jester in ToS is made for griefing. The way it works is, if you get yourself lynched, you can get a guaranteed kill the next night on anyone who voted guilty against you, even if they are night-immune. You can use this for good (kill a known Mafia member on the turn Mafia ties the town in members, ensuring any competent town team the win) or evil (kill the Mayor right after he's forced to announce himself, ensuring the town hemorrhages two members per day until they lose), and in public matches it's ridiculously easy to get yourself killed. All you have to do is wait until late in the game and claim you're a role that has already died. This has worked 4-5 times for me and I've never been caught at it, each time just saying "WTF people, I'm the loving [role that has already died or is likely to be called]" The trick is to claim a high-priority town target that has already died, like doctor/mayor/sheriff, or a low-priority town target that hasn't (as they will be likely to call you out, having nothing to lose from their role being known). ok hth go have fun as jester

You're not the guy who was playing as Tyler Durden, are you? Town actually had two investigators in a game I was in, and he kept claiming Investigator until lynched. I cannot believe those people were dumb enough to fall for it.

emmie
Jan 13, 2014

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

You're not the guy who was playing as Tyler Durden, are you? Town actually had two investigators in a game I was in, and he kept claiming Investigator until lynched. I cannot believe those people were dumb enough to fall for it.

Never played under that name, nope. But yeah, pubbie towns fall for it every time

Fruit-by-the-Foot Fetish
Aug 3, 2012

emmie posted:

Never played under that name, nope. But yeah, pubbie towns fall for it every time

What game are you even talking about silly nerd

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

hampton posted:

What game are you even talking about silly nerd

Probably Town of Salem since that's what conversation on this page has been about.

Strotski
Dec 29, 2013

Second life griefing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CQAiIunFPY

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I like his other videos too, it's simple but amusing.
http://youtu.be/iYcXcCpD0qA The patience of this guy is pretty incredible.

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed

Strotski posted:

Second life griefing

Well yeah, but where's the orcs? Or Orks for that matter?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Lemme tell you about a short but sweet SS13 prank.

There's various medals in SS13, basically achievements, and some of them give you alt-skins for things. For instance, everyone gets the 'Fish' medal when they first join a server, which lets them turn a backpack into an equivalent satchel once per round. One of these medals is called 'Enlightened', and it lets you turn one outer suit item, like a space suit or body armour, into an ornate long coat called Grand Alchemist Robes. It retains all the properties of the thing it used to be.

SS13 has straight jackets. Once one's put on you, you can't get it off by yourself, you can't use your hands, you can't even go through closed doors. They go in your outer suit slot.

So I enlisted the help of a nearby Mechanic to get the robes off me after I'd used the skin on them, took them to the cafeteria, left them on the bar and hid in the disposals chute.

Five people fell for it.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Holy poo poo he's kicking the kids oh my god. DANIEL.

the pole or the dole
May 21, 2009
New video by Second Life wonder Estaban Winsmore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvhlc6ttQbg

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Mad Pills posted:

New video by Second Life wonder Estaban Winsmore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvhlc6ttQbg

is that Rosanne?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Dabir posted:

Lemme tell you about a short but sweet SS13 prank.

There's various medals in SS13, basically achievements, and some of them give you alt-skins for things. For instance, everyone gets the 'Fish' medal when they first join a server, which lets them turn a backpack into an equivalent satchel once per round. One of these medals is called 'Enlightened', and it lets you turn one outer suit item, like a space suit or body armour, into an ornate long coat called Grand Alchemist Robes. It retains all the properties of the thing it used to be.

SS13 has straight jackets. Once one's put on you, you can't get it off by yourself, you can't use your hands, you can't even go through closed doors. They go in your outer suit slot.

So I enlisted the help of a nearby Mechanic to get the robes off me after I'd used the skin on them, took them to the cafeteria, left them on the bar and hid in the disposals chute.

Five people fell for it.

How do you put a straight jacket on yourself anyway?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Apparently, quite easily.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

RatHat posted:

How do you put a straight jacket on yourself anyway?

Space magic.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Real life trolling. Don't tell people he's dead or he'll comment sooooo hard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KL51GDdVzU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Is that a cancer patient?

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
I think it's fester.

A Frosty Beverage
Sep 26, 2007

Full of vitamin chill
I didn't notice the B on his shirt at first. Don't know how that could have happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Well it was probably like that when he bought it.

• Locked thread