Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Capn Beeb posted:

Some footage I've seen suggests it's not a shotgun, but rather an elephant gun. :q:

If Blood Dragon 2 had any integrity they would also have this, but it's an elephant gun

e: elephant gun, stupid :(

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Nov 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Speedball posted:

This may tide me over until Blood Dragon 2, anyway.

Wow, I totally missed Blood Dragon. Going to play through this weekend. :D

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Pawn 17 posted:

Wow, I totally missed Blood Dragon. Going to play through this weekend. :D

It's on sale at the moment. It's a great little game but it's painfully obvious it was a quick game made on the back of Far Cry 3. They managed to eliminate most of the terrible aspects of Far Cry 3 (the story, among one thing) and it's a delight to play as a mindless shooter the way it should have been.

It's very, very short. But it's a hell of a ride. I wouldn't pay full price for it, since it is rather short, but they put enough effort in that the current price point feels like a real steal. Definitely get it.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Wait wait wait, automatic crossbow??? What the gently caress?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Wait wait wait, automatic crossbow??? What the gently caress?

Hey, they kind of existed in the past!

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
An automatic crossbow is... a gun.

I'm kind of amazed as to how that could possibly work otherwise. One of the very few things I know about crossbows is that they're a major evolution in terms of weaponry but have a whole host of disadvantages that made the gun a step up in every way.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Ddraig posted:

An automatic crossbow is... a gun.

I'm kind of amazed as to how that could possibly work otherwise. One of the very few things I know about crossbows is that they're a major evolution in terms of weaponry but have a whole host of disadvantages that made the gun a step up in every way.

I assume its silent? Otherwise why?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Almost certainly silent and a segway between the bow and the gun, easier to aim with a crosshair and no drawback...

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
One of the major advantages crossbows had over the traditional bow is that it required very little skill to use, almost completely eliminated the need for strong arms (except for reloading, when you could just pull the string back with your foot) and it was way more powerful.

This sort of was reliant on it being a bitch to reload and a completely impractical weapon if you were being charged, in which case the bow was almost certainly better.

Maybe I'm an idiot but I can't think of any real way that a crossbow could be made automatic that is both practical and possible.

e: I guess there are those chinese ones but I'm guessing it's just the magic of video games in play instead.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Nov 16, 2014

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Ddraig posted:

Maybe I'm an idiot but I can't think of any real way that a crossbow could be made automatic that is both practical and possible.

We've had commercial self-cocking for awhile using CO2, and people have jury rigged all sorts of poo poo, but nobody has really bothered to put all the technology together to make a real automatic crossbow for sale. It's quite possible, just not really economically practical. There isn't exactly a giant market for people that need a high tech way to save a few seconds firing off crossbows. The most you get is the self-cocking, because there is at least a small market for people that like to crossbow hunt but are perhaps older or hurt or something and simply can't muster the strength or leverage to cock a crossbow. Now, thanks to technology, they don't have to let a physical impairment stop them murdering woodland creatures :911:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Ddraig posted:

One of the major advantages crossbows had over the traditional bow is that it required very little skill to use, almost completely eliminated the need for strong arms (except for reloading, when you could just pull the string back with your foot) and it was way more powerful.

This sort of was reliant on it being a bitch to reload and a completely impractical weapon if you were being charged, in which case the bow was almost certainly better.

e: I guess there are those chinese ones but I'm guessing it's just the magic of video games in play instead.

I'm all in favor of more games giving use Painkiller's Stake Gun.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Boogaleeboo posted:

We've had commercial self-cocking for awhile using CO2, and people have jury rigged all sorts of poo poo, but nobody has really bothered to put all the technology together to make a real automatic crossbow for sale. It's quite possible, just not really economically practical. There isn't exactly a giant market for people that need a high tech way to save a few seconds firing off crossbows. The most you get is the self-cocking, because there is at least a small market for people that like to crossbow hunt but are perhaps older or hurt or something and simply can't muster the strength or leverage to cock a crossbow. Now, thanks to technology, they don't have to let a physical impairment stop them murdering woodland creatures :911:

They had versions in China from as early as about 400 BC as well.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

ayn rand hand job posted:

I'm all in favor of more games giving use Painkiller's Stake Gun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlDALbjuVUU&t=47s

:rock:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Which was the really good Far Cry 3 mod?

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious
ZIGGY'S

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Oh man they knew my weakness for the Mauser "Red9" pistol, those sons of bitches.
Also between the double-barrel and the revolver-style grenade launcher, I think I might be able to pull off a Devil May Cry run if I sort of cheat and use a revolver like Nero. :getin:

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

Professor Shark posted:

Almost certainly silent and a segway between the bow and the gun, easier to aim with a crosshair and no drawback...

What does a two wheeled electric people mover have to do with this? Do you mean a segue?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

r0ck0 posted:

What does a two wheeled electric people mover have to do with this? Do you mean a segue?

Of course he means segue you autistic loving oval office. Context is a thing.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Are you sure he doesn't mean a Segway? Are segways in this game?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Can you shoot a crossbow from a segway is what I'm asking here

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

I'd like to trample all you Segway riders with my war elephant.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Riding a war elephant is cool and all, but will there be a contextual button for petting it or scratching behind its ears?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Segways are in the game, as well as wearing dog pelt-suits in order to trigger a "Furry Fury" achievement.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Of course he means segue you autistic loving oval office. Context is a thing.

Pot calling the kettle black?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Speedball posted:

Riding a war elephant is cool and all, but will there be a contextual button for petting it or scratching behind its ears?

If you pet it behind the ear with your kukri you get 2 bait!

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Speedball posted:

Yes, war elephants need to be loved. There is also a mini game where you can swat the flies off the elephant's behind.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Control Volume posted:

Are you sure he doesn't mean a Segway? Are segways in this game?
drat you! This is how expectations for a game get made unreasonably high by the internet without any intent from the developers, right here.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Have they confirmed Wingsuit Takedowns?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Have they confirmed Wingsuit Takedowns?

This is actually a much more reasonable question. You had Death From Above before, but I think you could only do it from a parachute you detached from.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Baron Bifford posted:

From what I've seen, there is no such limit.

Ah, looking at the comments on GB it's a limit on the autogyro's altitude you can go up to but not a limit on fuel.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

There's like, zero chance of any sort of PS3/PS4 crossbuy or blackfriday deals on this, right?

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Ddraig posted:

Please wait while we are connecting to Far Cry 4(c) Servers. Please Wait.

I had the misfortune of playing Far Cry 3 with an unreliable internet connection and that message is burned into my soul. IT'S CALLED OFFLINE MODE FOR A REASON YOU IDIOTS.
There is an offline mode.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Speedball posted:

This may tide me over until Blood Dragon 2, anyway.

Or not maybe http://www.gamespot.com/articles/blood-dragon-2-not-happening-says-far-cry-4-dev/1100-6423477/

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
They took the joke as far as they should have with the first one.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Baron Bifford posted:

They took the joke as far as they should have with the first one.
Yep. They just need a new joke, that's all. Maybe next April 1st we'll see something.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Player reviews are trickling in from people who have cracked the game or were lucky to get their copies early. Is it OK to discuss them here?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Baron Bifford posted:

Player reviews are trickling in from people who have cracked the game or were lucky to get their copies early. Is it OK to discuss them here?

There's no quicksave button.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

r0ck0 posted:

I think it's pretty obvious that I meant "Segway".

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Baron Bifford posted:

Don't specifically talk about how you stole a game or allude cutely to piracy and it's fine. It's obvious a ton of people are playing and streaming it now.

~Segway~
It's funny that it got cracked early because they chose their own terrible service over Steam. Steam games never get cracked before release (as far as I can remember).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
If it's available for pre-load on Steam, why couldn't any competent hacker crack it?

• Locked thread