Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Thanks again for your help last night Dustoph. Hopefully I'll be up to speed with your druid soon and we can start rockin stuff that way.

Anyone else got a lowbie on blue? I've met some cool folks but goons are far and away the best. JohnnyDangerously/Idge, I've been looking for you but maybe we just play at different times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Hesh Ballantine posted:

Yeah that guy was a diiiick. What's worse is I probably can't be on when it repops, hopefully you can?

Got the robe. Holy poo poo, I can see why you died. Guardian is nearly 100% root resistant, and the oracle doubles for 80s. They stripped all by my last three buffs, Sow skin levi (the ones that matter :smugdog:) but robe was looted in the end.

Cat Pilot
Jan 29, 2003

Santheb posted:

Thanks again for your help last night Dustoph. Hopefully I'll be up to speed with your druid soon and we can start rockin stuff that way.

Anyone else got a lowbie on blue? I've met some cool folks but goons are far and away the best. JohnnyDangerously/Idge, I've been looking for you but maybe we just play at different times.

Friend Hecata or Freiya and I'll log over to my high level druid for some baby sitting on blue, if I'm not doing anything else.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Hey red pals,

What's the preferred goon guild of choice?

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010
The setup right now is basically low level mains in our guild SLAMDUNKATRON and around 46+ mains in Eternal Light and then alts kind of wherever you want to put them. Or if you just want to stay in the goon guild you can.

Video Game Aspie
Dec 29, 2011

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 9 years!)

Currently up to level 13 on my wizzy (Drstrange) over in field of bone, would like to hit up Kurn's but every time I go in there, the place is packed. Just like the old days I guess! I'm down to group with anyone in the area, regardless.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

:toot: :toot: :toot:
:woop: :woop: :woop:

GRATS HESH

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012
goon_epix.tiff

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
I am just putting this up here so people know there are some scum that linger in pretty much every guild especially when one has as long of history as azrael, even holocaust. I know some of the goons went to EL which isn't azrael, but does ally with it time to time. For the most part Azrael has some cool people in it, but there are people in most guilds who will push everything to the limits even risking suspension/30day bans to wipe a raid as so:

God's Work went to do Ragefire tonight, We fought at KC before hand where we won so we went to RF uncontested. The way ragefire works for those that don't know is you turn a pearl into the human version, and essentially the dragon with the loot and cleric epic piece spawn and can be killed. Anyway we ourselves had a monk train up while we killed any possible giants that couldve aggro'd us. (2 at door, 1 pather + magi in naggy lair). Fire Giants have a huge aggro range, Hence why a gater was used to do this because he can easily run into the lava tube while he knows the giants are running past naggys door and he gates and anyone in lair gets instant aggro guaranteed.

Sorry in advance for bad quality video(it locks up for a few seconds into the video because I had to tab out to make sure it was running, used a hotkey to toggle it.) Most guilds on the server have scum in them, People willing to go to this extreme you want to stay away from. Chubs is basically a open druid so a lot of azrael members have access to him so no idea who it actually was. Because of the loss of Derubael, The amount of GMs/Guides on Red are extremely scarce now. Mostly they will come in once a week and clear a few things up. They require way too much proof to get someone suspended for trains, Lot of people stopped bothering making petitions because of this and just make it known. If anything, heres to living through a train on ragefire only to find he had a cloak of flames that was nearly lost =)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_QQWoB8zc0

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
Isn't training allowed on Red? If not, that's a stupidass rule for a PvP server that's already a shitfest of unbalanced bullshit just due to how EQ works

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

No, training is not allowed on red

but good luck proving it

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Indeed, proving a train is near impossible. When they first started really enforcing suspensions for it, I had multiple characters suspended for training some that were not even online or in the zone at the time of said trains. The GM's finally cut back on insta suspensions because they realized people were abusing the trust. So GM's started asking for screenshots and logs, Turns out it wasn't enough. One dude even had literally the highest quality video taken of a monk clearly running up with mobs and FDing on a group, And they couldn't do anything because they had no idea of the 'context' of the situation despite him out of pvp range. Basically people only get suspended for training now when a GM is present watching over, and Red has only 1-2 GM's and when they login they are usually busy taking care of petitions and cannot watch boss fights to ensure things go smoothly. A few trakanons back Sirken and Eunomia were filming a red99 promo vid thing but they made their presence clear and 0 trains happened which was amazing considering a trak fight always ends up with huge spore/reet/jugg trains. That's why I don't bother trying to prove it to GM's anymore, Most of the time they know its true but they can't just press the suspend button.

Training has always been an issue on red, but until the recent months it was never as bad. There was at one point, were training VP was legal on red. So one bard being rez boxxed in n out could waste an entire VP raids time for 5-6 hours, And Lite of Azrael did this numerous times. The rules did not change until Azrael was able to finally compete in VP did the no training in VP become illegal. Red attracts all type of people, A lot of them rejects from blue who were ran off by something that I suppose sometimes works? By naming and shaming a person. But again Red GM decisions are generally based solely either how the GM is currently feeling or sometimes if they are biased.

Characters have been stripped/deleted by others who had access and fully restored(one dude even got his char restored with crown of rile, VS gloves and more items he didn't have pre deletion) with bans to the persons account who did it. Other accounts have been similarly stripped and no action taken, no item reimbursement. When you are running around with fungi's. manastones, AoN's. It is extremely hard to trust anyone with your account info except for those you know irl or have known a long time well enough to know they wont screw you. Plenty of people have been screwed recently by stuff like this, Most recently a holo officer. His AoN alone worth $500 for RMT, so some are in it for pure greed.

Also should anyone need, I have spare ragefire hearts for cleric MQ as well as orb of the frozen water(from the priest robe) if you have the ixi scepter/singed scroll off royals or the orb already from it and want to finish your epic let me know. Have endless supply of RF hearts, Orb of Frozen Water I guess around 5 at least. I think EL and possibly holo have both been doing royals and ixi lately?

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

EL hasn't done Ragefire / Ixi / Royals since I've been with them. The only successful thing downed is Maestro or hate trash clearing. There really hasn't been an attempt at anything else.

I'd definitely take you up on the cleric MQ help though, as of now I am the only person who has a cleric (and it's an alt) out of all of us playing with EL. EL has a good base of clerics, but none of them have click sticks for the most part.

Heshling: I've got fizz camped at the dude in Lake Rathe w/ 100p and bottles of milk. I'll be on and off most of the day.

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Nov 12, 2014

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012

onesixtwo posted:

EL hasn't done Ragefire / Ixi / Royals since I've been with them. The only successful thing downed is Maestro or hate trash clearing. There really hasn't been an attempt at anything else.

I'd definitely take you up on the cleric MQ help though, as of now I am the only person who has a cleric (and it's an alt) out of all of us playing with EL. EL has a good base of clerics, but none of them have click sticks for the most part.

Heshling: I've got fizz camped at the dude in Lake Rathe w/ 100p and bottles of milk. I'll be on and off most of the day.

I just logged in, he's up, gonna wait around a few but then I gotta run out to the doctor real quick. After that I'll be on all afternoon.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Hesh Ballantine posted:

I just logged in, he's up, gonna wait around a few but then I gotta run out to the doctor real quick. After that I'll be on all afternoon.

drat, i just missed you.

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012

onesixtwo posted:

drat, i just missed you.

Here now. Can we exchange Steam IDs or something so this is easier

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
So what's the deal with new characters on red? What should I play? Anyone want to level together? Do we get newbie starter packs and showered with gifts?

I'll play whatever we need. I assume clerics? Anything else I can choose from?

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010

Cbear posted:

So what's the deal with new characters on red? What should I play? Anyone want to level together? Do we get newbie starter packs and showered with gifts?

I am not sure anymore. When we were all in SLAMDUNKATRON we definitely had some classes we needed more than others. Perhaps someone else can give you some suggestions and some pvp server specific stuff about different classes but in any case I would only roll what you want to play. I don't personally have any gear on me as a starter packs but I do have plat if its easily buyable for a reasonable price (not rich), some other goons might have some starter gear banked though depending on the class.

alathar
Jan 6, 2004
O_o

Cbear posted:

I'd be down to group with you. I have a 10 druid and a 20 paladin. Unfortunately it seems like the usual time to get groups is 8-11 pm EST, the exact time I'm busy (when I'm free the rest of the day). Add me on steam? http://steamcommunity.com/id/alathar

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
I've been playing again lately on blue.

If you want an invite to the sparsely populated <Unknown Guild> send me an message on Mauzer or Odious.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Groups on red are always annoying to find a good one, But generally if me or my bro aren't doing anything guild related we are PLing alts and usually always have extra room for the 20-50s groups, 50+ groups depends entirely on time/location really. Wish there was some easier way for all the goons on red to find out whos on at same time. Got a group mid 30s just AFK pling them right now while I watch interstellar. Can never have enough portbots and clerics.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Died in Kurn's Tower. Forgot I was bound in West Freeport. Ughhhhh. How the hell am I going to do this with no way to pay people until I get to the corpse :(

edit: Gilg the druid saved my rear end big time. All hail Gilg.

Santheb fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Nov 13, 2014

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Any goons online on Blue now? I could use a hand with a tiny little transfer in EC.

/tell Zliz

Edit: Done

Pilsner fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Nov 13, 2014

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
Pwnz0r, not sure if you guys in GW keep in touch but *beard (Hax, Root) has some items I'd like to get from him at some point. Do let me know if he's around on some new alts.

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
Karjia is awesome, that is all.

truavatar
Mar 3, 2004

GIS Jedi
Anyone interested in trading me some of their red plat for about 2k I have to spare on blue?

Xantares
Jul 25, 2006
I just don't know
On the monk Robe of the Lost Circle front, I've killed 16 placeholders for Brother Qwinn now just to do the drat turn-in and he still hasn't showed his face. In other news, I have a lot of Crown of Leaves. After camping gnoll pups, putrid skeletons, the High Shamen in SK, the Dagger of Marnek, Zaharn's Coronet, Targin, and Raster, there's still more to go. All the more reason to just kill Brother Z/Q for the drat robe.

Daaz
Feb 20, 2004

D.I.Y.
Sooo i havn't played in atleast 6 months...and my character is gone? ... all of them are gone. :|

nvm. i suck.

is goon squad the place to be now or should i go back to my pubbie guild?

Cat Pilot
Jan 29, 2003

lol the raid scene right now on Blue.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
Give us deets, don't make us go to the forums!

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
People tried to slide past timers by 30 seconds and got caught, TMO and IB trained each other and both got raid suspensions, BDA got moved to Class C for killing Talendor 1min before they were allowed to, think that sums it up.

Cat Pilot
Jan 29, 2003

BDA also wiped to Hoshkar 3+ times before turning off their twitch feed too lol

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

:allears:

In related news, we're currently forming up on Red to hit a target. We raided lastnight too! It's nice being able to go wherever you want to.

:getin: red goons log in :getin:

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

God drat the groups on red loving blow unless you're being PL'ed 99.9% of the time.

I've spent the last 3-4 days at 35 in MM just trying to get loving something going but people are flaky as gently caress on this server and just loving suck.

I was in slamdunkatron, but ended up leaving because for a few days the only people that were on was latege or coolbert because I think the majority bounced to EL. I'd do the same...if I could ever get past level thirty loving five!

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

MrTheDevious posted:

People tried to slide past timers by 30 seconds and got caught, TMO and IB trained each other and both got raid suspensions, BDA got moved to Class C for killing Talendor 1min before they were allowed to, think that sums it up.

LAWL.

FWIW, BDA also had the option of 1 week raid suspension. They opted for class C, since VP will be empty for a week, then after that, 1 week vs IB. Then they're just going to kill FFA mobs for a month, which will drop them back to R, and rejoin the rotation (at the bottom of the list presumably).

So yeah, they hosed up, but they make a conscious decision about to handle the results. Vast majority of members are excited about the (temporary) change. And they did kill Hoshkar - no idea how many wipes it took though, heh.

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010

onesixtwo posted:

:allears:

In related news, we're currently forming up on Red to hit a target. We raided lastnight too! It's nice being able to go wherever you want to.

:getin: red goons log in :getin:

So what did we end up hitting tonight?

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005

Xantares posted:

On the monk Robe of the Lost Circle front, I've killed 16 placeholders for Brother Qwinn now just to do the drat turn-in and he still hasn't showed his face. In other news, I have a lot of Crown of Leaves. After camping gnoll pups, putrid skeletons, the High Shamen in SK, the Dagger of Marnek, Zaharn's Coronet, Targin, and Raster, there's still more to go. All the more reason to just kill Brother Z/Q for the drat robe.

I quested this just for fun on red, to get my already epic monk his whistling fists robe instead of calling out some pals to kill qwinn/zephyl. Are you reading the wiki guide on spawning qwinn? It helps if you have a level 30ish ranger you can track half the zone and find narra and the PH's very easily. It took me about 2 hours to pop him intentionally which was annoying because I spawn him all the time while I farm quillmane cloaks by killing narra and escaped gnolls for fun.

I got everything except the dagger of marnek myself, the coronet was easy luckily. Targin took 2 repops, Raster happened to spawn while I was camping noble for an extra WGN for my SK's life leech quest(ran by, saw human npc standing there was like no way...took me like 60+ hrs on live to get raster) so it was nice doing it all over again. crafted my robe(after 4 fails of shadow silk crafts with a skill of 90 tailoring) and balatin spawned first PH for whistling fist. Robes look awesome on iksars, whistling fist especially but I think the PD robe looks the best by far with its nice light blue.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Niedar posted:

So what did we end up hitting tonight?

Fear. Lots and lots of nothing dropped. We did Hate lastnight, got about 5 pieces total. Tonight we've gotten maybe 4? Bum luck.

Xantares
Jul 25, 2006
I just don't know

Pwnz0r posted:

I quested this just for fun on red, to get my already epic monk his whistling fists robe instead of calling out some pals to kill qwinn/zephyl. Are you reading the wiki guide on spawning qwinn? It helps if you have a level 30ish ranger you can track half the zone and find narra and the PH's very easily. It took me about 2 hours to pop him intentionally which was annoying because I spawn him all the time while I farm quillmane cloaks by killing narra and escaped gnolls for fun.

I got everything except the dagger of marnek myself, the coronet was easy luckily. Targin took 2 repops, Raster happened to spawn while I was camping noble for an extra WGN for my SK's life leech quest(ran by, saw human npc standing there was like no way...took me like 60+ hrs on live to get raster) so it was nice doing it all over again. crafted my robe(after 4 fails of shadow silk crafts with a skill of 90 tailoring) and balatin spawned first PH for whistling fist. Robes look awesome on iksars, whistling fist especially but I think the PD robe looks the best by far with its nice light blue.

I followed the wiki and he finally popped yesterday early morning after 8.5 hours of killing the Narra Tanith and splitpaw gnoll placeholders. Now I'm just struggling with getting tailoring up/finding a tailor after making human alts to buy the spells in FP. I really hope I don't fail on the shadow silk. Any ideas on farming spider silk? Google searching turned up the NE corner of feerrott or east karana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Xantares posted:

I followed the wiki and he finally popped yesterday early morning after 8.5 hours of killing the Narra Tanith and splitpaw gnoll placeholders. Now I'm just struggling with getting tailoring up/finding a tailor after making human alts to buy the spells in FP. I really hope I don't fail on the shadow silk. Any ideas on farming spider silk? Google searching turned up the NE corner of feerrott or east karana.

Spider silk drops like crazy from the pit in field of bone.

• Locked thread