Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

closeted republican posted:

In NVBII, is there supposed to be some specific way to expose Arthur Ribben? It seems to me the only way to expose him is to steal his key from him, grab the documents from his chest, then talk to him. I know some of the areas you explore in the "main quest" mention Ribben and point towards Novac (if you hadn't already found the new building that appeared out of thin air when you took the find Ribben quest), but there aren't any hints as how to actually expose him.

I think its either the last or second to last mission where you can find a note that reveals his identity. Then you go and confront him about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

The more I mess around with chem/consumable effects, the more I wish that Bethesda/whoever had figured out a way to separate buffs and debuffs so that your relevant skill (i.e. "Survival" for alcohol) wouldn't just blindly increase every effect an item causes. <snip>
Still, wish there was a way to circumvent this weird, sorta lazy feature.
What you could try is removing the Food Item flag from the various food items. I'm pretty sure that'll make it so the food item's effects won't scale with Survival.
However NPCs will also no longer be able to recognize the food you removed that flag from as being food. I don't think that messes anything up, but will probably make some scenes and backgrounds look weird when NPCs who have a package telling to eat something just stand around.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Master survivalists just funnel that old bottle of Jack Daniels straight into their asses for maximum efficacy.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
COP: I am mildly disappointed that you have not added the Flip the Bird mod to the OP. It is best mod ever.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Naky posted:

COP: I am mildly disappointed that you have not added the Flip the Bird mod to the OP. It is best mod ever.

Haha, what? I couldn't find that on the Nexus. Does it add a Dark Souls-esque animation you can freely trigger that involves flipping people off?

Also, really liking the NPCs Travel mod. It basically adds a bunch of NPCs/creatures/robots who will...travel the Wasteland, basically. If you run into one, you can talk to them. You might be able to trade with them. You can even follow them and see where they go. It's a subtle change to areas that are almost always empty.

Plus I ran into this totally hardcore badass as a result. He was limping through the desert for some reason, headed towards ??? smoking a cigarette. When I ran up and bothered him, he gave me attitude, but traded with me. Then I watched him gimp his way in the general direction of Quarry Junction. Godspeed, rear end in a top hat stranger.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Nov 13, 2014

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Naky posted:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5e5y3gifb2oc2ym/Flip+The+Bird!+V1.7z

Press X to flip the bird whenever you want. Brought to you by the man who will soon be dropping new attack, handgrip, and reload weapon animations to you left and right. (Hitman47101)

I posted it two pages ago :D

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Haha, what? I couldn't find that on the Nexus. Does it add a Dark Souls-esque animation you can freely trigger that involves flipping people off?

Also, really liking the NPCs Travel mod. It basically adds a bunch of NPCs/creatures/robots who will...travel the Wasteland, basically. If you run into one, you can talk to them. You might be able to trade with them. You can even follow them and see where they go. It's a subtle change to areas that are almost always empty.

Plus I ran into this totally hardcore badass as a result. He was limping through the desert for some reason, headed towards ??? smoking a cigarette. When I ran up and bothered him, he gave me attitude, but traded with me. Then I watched him gimp his way in the general direction of Quarry Junction. Godspeed, rear end in a top hat stranger.

Loving this along with wasteland repopulated and monster mod. Had a guy come to help me deal with a pack of mutant dogs and a hellbeast near the NCR prison. Wish I could recruit him as a companion instead of those other useless twats always crying about their rear end in a top hat family that won't come out of their bunker or their dead wife :qq:

Naky posted:

I posted it two pages ago :D

And it's just grand! :)

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Are there any hats that can be worn on top of your hair, instead of being an instant haircut?

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

The Lone Badger posted:

Are there any hats that can be worn on top of your hair, instead of being an instant haircut?

If you are comfortable with using FNVEdit or the GECK to make a plugin, any hat can be worn on top of hair instead of a haircut by removing the hair biped flag from the hat.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

delta534 posted:

If you are comfortable with using FNVEdit or the GECK to make a plugin, any hat can be worn on top of hair instead of a haircut by removing the hair biped flag from the hat.

Hair may or may not clip through hat.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Is there any reason why my game textures aren't fully loading, just staying fuzzy even when I stay near it for like 5 minutes?
I only have lombard station and tailor maid for mods, if that helps any.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Is there any reason why my game textures aren't fully loading, just staying fuzzy even when I stay near it for like 5 minutes?
Check your graphics settings via the New Vegas launcher. In particular the texture quality & view distance settings.
If they're fine, perhaps look at your GPU's driver and check if there's any setting in there that might be messing with New Vegas. For example google showed someone with a similar sounding problem who had the wrong mipmap setting for FO3 set in ATI Catalyst Control Center.

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC
Weirdest new problem. Was having drive space issues, so did a massive cleanout with re-install of FNV with TTW and started (yet another) new game. I'm doing the Wasteland Survival Guide quest and I'll be damned if I cannot get Critical Radiation Poisoning. The counter goes up to 200 rads, and then back to zero. Over and over again. I'm freakin' standing in the radioactive pool by the bomb, slurping the 20rad/sec water like a madman, but the counter keeps hitting 200, and back to zero.

(New) Load order:

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
CaravanPack.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
Fallout3.esm
Anchorage.esm
ThePitt.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
PointLookout.esm
Zeta.esm
TaleOfTwoWastelands.esm
AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
The New Bison Steve Hotel.esm
NVWillow.esp
SomeguySeries.esm
TTW_XPReduction.esp
TTW_SuperMutantRebalance.esp
TTW_StashPackOptions.esp
TTW_StartupMenu.esp
TTW_SpeechChecks.esp
TTW_OutcastTrading.esp
TTW_NoKarmaDCFollowers.esp
TTW_MoreCookingItems.esp
TTW_Reputation.esp
TTW_Bobbleheads.esp
TTW_AnchorageCustomization.esp
CASM.esp
AWOPDeadMoneyVendorPatch.esp
AWOPDeadMoney.esp
WeaponModsExpanded.esp
WMX-DLCMerged.esp
WMX-POPMerged.esp
Impact - TheMichaelBay.esp
AWOP - Impact - TheMichaelBay.esp
Impact - TheMichaelBay - AllDLC.esp
WMX-AWOP.esp
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
WMX-EVE-AllDLCMerged.esp
Camp Searchlight HotFix.esp
PerkEveryLevel.esp
Merged.esp

Total active plugins: 47
Total plugins: 47

W the F?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I know next to nothing about what could be causing the problem, but have you tried using the console to set your radiation?

player.setav radiationrads # I'm pretty sure.

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC

Nasgate posted:

I know next to nothing about what could be causing the problem, but have you tried using the console to set your radiation?

player.setav radiationrads # I'm pretty sure.

"Resolution" to the weirdness: I installed a few more mods (now LOOT sorted), back to the game and managed to get +600 rads for the Wasteland Survival Guide. As I was limping up the walkway to Craterside Supply, my rad level sudden went to zero ... my Pipboy still pointed me to Moira, so in I went. She greeted me as though I had just announced I was over 600 rads, and proceeded to "cure" me, finishing that portion of the quest.

Was she remotely healing me? Is this some new, frightening power Moira Brown has been blessed with? :iiam:

Now further on in this playthrough, and radiation sensitivity seems to be working normally.

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
CaravanPack.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
Fallout3.esm
Anchorage.esm
ThePitt.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
PointLookout.esm
Zeta.esm
TaleOfTwoWastelands.esm
ProjectCloverTTW.esp
AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
factions reloaded raiders v2.esp
SomeguySeries.esm
NVWillow.esp
The New Bison Steve Hotel.esm
TTW_Bobbleheads.esp
CASM.esp
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
outsidebets.esp
TTW_XPReduction.esp
PerkEveryLevel.esp
Camp Searchlight HotFix.esp
Factions Reloaded Legion.esp
factions reloaded followers.esp
WeaponModsExpanded.esp
Impact - TheMichaelBay.esp
TTW_SpeechChecks.esp
TTW_Reputation.esp
TTW_MoreCookingItems.esp
TheInheritance.esp
TTW_StartupMenu.esp
TTW_OutcastTrading.esp
TTW_StashPackOptions.esp
TTW_SuperMutantRebalance.esp
WMX-DLCMerged.esp
AWOPDeadMoney.esp
AWOPDeadMoneyVendorPatch.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
NewVegasBountiesII.esp
TTW_NoKarmaDCFollowers.esp
FalloutNVCheatTerminal.esp
TTW_AnchorageCustomization.esp
awilderwasteland.esp
FNV NPCs Travel.esp
Impact - TheMichaelBay - AllDLC.esp
WMX-AWOP.esp
AWOP - Impact - TheMichaelBay.esp
WMX-EVE-AllDLCMerged.esp
WMX-POPMerged.esp
Merged.esp

Total active plugins: 58
Total plugins: 58

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

MariusLecter posted:

Hair may or may not clip through hat.

And with many hairstyles and hats, this is very likely.

EDIT:

Okay, question: How do you go about creating a brand new effect in the GECK? For example, by default, there is no effect that can be added to consumables/clothing that directly reduces the "sneak" skill, and I want to create one. JSawyer.esp actually adds an effect like this (JSawyerReduceSkillSneak), but I have no idea how he did it, because I've scoured his mod in various programs (GECK, FNVEdit, etc.) and can't see where the information even exists in the esp.

EDIT 2:

Finally figured it out. I had to create a new "base effect" in order to associate it with an "ingestible effect" or "object effect". Mystery solved.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Nov 19, 2014

CFox
Nov 9, 2005
Anyone have tips for eliminating fps drops? I'm running a fairly light mod list (project Nevada and ttw mainly) on ultra settings and while I'm massively overspeced hardware wise I'm still getting drops into the 45 range around a lot of NPCs/items.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

CFox posted:

Anyone have tips for eliminating fps drops? I'm running a fairly light mod list (project Nevada and ttw mainly) on ultra settings and while I'm massively overspeced hardware wise I'm still getting drops into the 45 range around a lot of NPCs/items.

Install the Stutter Remover (top-ish of the OP) and learn a little how to use it--it will require NVSE, which you probably already have installed. As its name suggests, the Stutter Remover is primarily intended to eliminate some of the stutter that can pop up from time to time. However, its ability to reliably limit framerates can actually do a lot to remove FPS drops, probably by helping keep all parts of your PC in sync (among other voodoo). I've had a lot of success with 45-60 FPS limits.

EDIT: poo poo, I just realized this thread is close to 4 years old now.

CFox
Nov 9, 2005

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Install the Stutter Remover (top-ish of the OP) and learn a little how to use it--it will require NVSE, which you probably already have installed. As its name suggests, the Stutter Remover is primarily intended to eliminate some of the stutter that can pop up from time to time. However, its ability to reliably limit framerates can actually do a lot to remove FPS drops, probably by helping keep all parts of your PC in sync (among other voodoo). I've had a lot of success with 45-60 FPS limits.

EDIT: poo poo, I just realized this thread is close to 4 years old now.

Actually should have mentioned I'm using all of the performance mods in the op. I haven't messed with configuring them yet though. Do you generally keep vsync enabled with the stutter remover?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

CFox posted:

Actually should have mentioned I'm using all of the performance mods in the op. I haven't messed with configuring them yet though. Do you generally keep vsync enabled with the stutter remover?

I don't think so, no. I just know that the default setting (max 30 FPS) is actually really low for my personal taste, and combining that with VSync can probably create an unpleasant situation where you bounce between 15 and 30 FPS constantly.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Only use Vsync if you have noticeable tearing. New Vegas was one of the few games that I didn't need to Vsync for some reason. Also if you are running in borderless windowed mode it will Vsync regardless. Pretty sure I used this mod to do borderless window mode.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Nomadic Scholar posted:

I only have lombard station and tailor maid for mods, if that helps any.
This reminds of the time when modding Skyrim, I thought my sprint mod's dash effect (blurring around the screen edges) wasn't going away, and went so far as to remove the mod completely... before I realized I'd just forgotten that my character was drunk, and the blurring was part of the vanilla experience and completely intended. :doh:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Is there a Fallout NV mod out there that lets you fast travel from any location? From a quick search all I was able to find were mods that allow you to fast travel TO anywhere, as in to any point on the map that isn't a marked location. I'm looking for one that lets you fast travel from anywhere such as interiors and the like, where the game won't usually let you fast travel for reasons unexplained. I found one for Fallout 3 but it wouldn't work with New Vegas according to the description.

edit: Found this like as soon as I made this post. I'll try it out and see if it works. It's a pretty old one so it might not anymore.

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow
Hey, I just did a TTW install, and I have WRP installed, but I'm running into a weird issue. I'm still in the Capital Wasteland, and whenever I find a gun touched up by WRP that was also used in FO3, the retexture applies, but the weapon magazines remain untextured. Here are some examples:

Is this easy enough to fix?

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

potaties posted:

Hey, I just did a TTW install, and I have WRP installed, but I'm running into a weird issue. I'm still in the Capital Wasteland, and whenever I find a gun touched up by WRP that was also used in FO3, the retexture applies, but the weapon magazines remain untextured. Here are some examples:

Is this easy enough to fix?

I haven't tried TTW so I don't know if it throws an extra spanner in the works, but that is an issue I've seen with WRP itself. I 'fixed' it for the Sniper Rifle (and the .44 Magnum, I think it was) in WMX-WRP - not the 10mm SMG though. I actually don't remember noticing that problem with it, and WMX/WMX-WRP doesn't edit that weapon's appearance anyway.

It's not exactly a simple fix - and it wasn't even a 'fix' so much as a workaround, as I have no idea what causes the problem. I pointed the affected parts of the meshes at copies of the textures that had been put somewhere else (rather than ones set to override the original textures, as they are by default).

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow
D'oh, I forgot to toggle Archive Invalidation off and on again in FOMM after reinstalling NV for TTW. Of course, it has to be the easiest, most obvious solution possible. Thanks for the help anyway, Antistar.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
No problem. Sort of weird that only the magazines were affected if it was an Archive Invalidation problem, though.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
So, what's that machine race mod (I know it's in the OP, but can't find it for the life of me :downs:), and does it play well with other mods? (Especially Project Nevada and TTW?)

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Poison Mushroom posted:

So, what's that machine race mod (I know it's in the OP, but can't find it for the life of me :downs:), and does it play well with other mods? (Especially Project Nevada and TTW?)

ST Robot race works well with PN, no idea about TTW.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/43732/

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

The only problem with the mods that enable you to play as a super mutant or a ghoul or a robot are the times when other NPCs refer to you as a human. Example, Marcus having you talk to the mercenaries because you're a human like them. It is especially amusing when you shuffle up to them as a robot wearing a baseball cap or a super mutant. "HELLO FELLOW HU-MANS."

MY IMMERSION.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Hey so does anybody know which form list contains the list of all (power) armors that require training in order to wear? I'm leaning towards "AllPowerArmor" but I'm not sure.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
Power armor restriction isn't handled via a form list.
What the Power Armor Training perk does is run a script with this command: SetPCCanUsePowerArmor 1. This allows the PC to equip any armor that with the Power Armor flag.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Raygereio posted:

Power armor restriction isn't handled via a form list.
What the Power Armor Training perk does is run a script with this command: SetPCCanUsePowerArmor 1. This allows the PC to equip any armor that with the Power Armor flag.

Very interesting. For some reason, when I load up all of the base .esm plugins (FalloutNV.esm through the Gun Runners Arsenal .esm) and JSawyer.esp in GECK, the T-51 and T-45 pieces aren't checked as "power armor" in their individual editor windows. I've re-checked them, but I wonder how they got unmarked.

Thanks for the info, though.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Very interesting. For some reason, when I load up all of the base .esm plugins (FalloutNV.esm through the Gun Runners Arsenal .esm) and JSawyer.esp in GECK, the T-51 and T-45 pieces aren't checked as "power armor" in their individual editor windows.

Ropekid removed those flags.

JSawyer's V1 changes posted:

Power Armor flags disabled on all Power Armor and Helmets (no longer explicitly requires PA training)

Edit: Why is the quote box in your post yellow?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Raygereio posted:

Ropekid removed those flags.

Is it yellow because I'm the OP? I don't know, because it isn't yellow on my end. :iiam:

Also, I didn't realize RopeKid had removed those flags. Well tough cookies, because I put them back on.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Raygereio posted:

I think it's yellow to you because he's quoting you. Seems to be a new feature.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Well that's not fair, because I'm not seeing any yellow quote boxes on my end.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Well that's not fair, because I'm not seeing any yellow quote boxes on my end.

in the awful app the OP's posts are in yellow to other folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm getting it too and I'm not on mobile/don't have any plugins installed. Presumably it's just a forum update of some kind. Personally I hope it stays.

(out of context screencap from the awful mods thread ahoy)