Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Considering that Spider-Verse bit, this seems highly appropriate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

catlord posted:

Considering that Spider-Verse bit, this seems highly appropriate.

Oopsie. :blush: I fixed it.

Wow, this lady is a shithead. Maybe they should slip her the burger that fell through the grate.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Violet hits Charlie Brown so hard his tricycle disintegrates.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Four Eyes

Oh man, that goat pope would be a great avatar.

Lost Side of Suburbia

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Deep Dark Fears

So ask for help. :ohdear:

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Please, ladies, stop fighting over the steering wheel. And try to stay in the same car you started with.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

The Phantom philosophy in a nutshell, even to this day. :allears

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Julet Esqu posted:

Oh my gosh, you guys! This is supposed to be a pleasant dinner party! Quit with the hot-button topics! :sweatdrop:

Thankfully Australia allows prisoners to retain their right to vote* to prevent the possibility of a corrupt government incarcerating their political opponents and dissidents in an attempt to influence the electoral process:colbert:

*If you are over 18 and not serving more than 3 years. When you leave gaol you immediately regain your right to vote.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Nov 16, 2014

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Haha, Peter is so happy. :dance: Seriously though, he should just sell his pictures to another paper. Any other paper.

Gorilla Salad posted:

Thankfully Australia allows prisoners to retain their right to vote* to prevent the possibility of a corrupt government incarcerating their political opponents and dissidents in an attempt to influence the electoral process:colbert:
Plus, you don't have to vote. You have to show up and get your name marked down, but it's a secret ballot so no one can tell if you filled it out correctly or not. If you don't want to vote, just hand it in without filling it out. In fact, you probably don't even need to do that, just get your name marked off and then leave. Or if you don't want to show up, just apply for postal voting and get it over with before election day.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Dustin

Phones are all kids these days care about aren't they?

On the Fastrack

Isn't there a bot that will do that? Sounds like a lot of work.

Safe Havens

Who needs kids when you have a menagerie of genetic abominations?

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

Next week: Sam gets belted by the maintenance man.

9 Chickweed Lane

Just more proof that it only takes a few strips to hate the characters in this strip.

Zachary Nixon Johnson

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Wanamingo posted:

I thought for sure it was going to be suspect number 2. Isn't it kind of basic gun safety to unload one before you start cleaning it?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

TofuDiva posted:

I thought for sure it was going to be suspect number 2. Isn't it kind of basic gun safety to unload one before you start cleaning it?

It is, but I think the idea is the first two suspects' guns would have left casings on the scene.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Dustin

Just how are you getting to the treehouse to begin with?

On the Fastrack

Don't you have a unicorn avatar to update?

Heaven's Love Thrift Shop

Usually you just serendipitously stumble upon one already built and activate it.

Slylock Fox

What is that ape doing to that duck?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Presto posted:

Please, ladies, stop fighting over the steering wheel. And try to stay in the same car you started with.
Ha! I didn't even notice any of this.

F Minus

Mary Worth

Sean's disembodied head seems to be unenthusiastic.

Rex Morgan MD

I don't know why she's on the floor.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

TofuDiva posted:

It is but there are so many examples of suspect #2 he's the most believable.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Reply All

Pearls Before Swine

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I know trigger discipline is kind of a :goonsay: topic, but man, they don't call him Danger for nothing.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

Just more proof that it only takes a few strips to hate the characters in this strip.

I have/have had colleagues like this. They aren't funny, edgy, sexy or endearing, Brooke. They make me (and others) stabby.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Presto posted:

For some reason, I thought it was two parallel stories and they were in different countries.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Peanuts (November 19, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

In any other strip, this would be a "Wow! What a reward for years of hard work!" Here, it's "Wow! How's this going to fall apart?"

Out Our Way (January 25-26, 1926)

The lighter side of pre-pubescent fraud!

It was their story, sure, but a couple of months ago they tacked the guy's sleeping bag down and faked a stampede on top of him. Of course they're going to give him a hard time.

Everything else will be along in due time, but in the meantime, here's an almost-familiar Super-Fun-Pak Comix.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

EasyEW posted:

Peanuts (November 19, 1967)

Fifteen hundred children? How big is this theater? Are they seeing the Rockettes?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Turkeys galore in Bloom County.

Calvin And Hobbes feel the chill of winter and earlier bed-times.

Ripley's

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

I see the leafblower, but where the hell did the guy go?

Heavenly Nostrils

9 Chickweed Lane 11/16/2003

It is a pretentious music joke, you see

Zits

Eh, whatever.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac

Heathcliff
...seems to be having difficulties today, so I sourced it elsewhere:

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Ms Boods posted:

I have/have had colleagues like this. They aren't funny, edgy, sexy or endearing, Brooke. They make me (and others) stabby.

Seriously, I'm not sure how this is supposed to be a positive trait of "makes bitchy jokes about people". Rude.

Unrelated to Brooke poo poo, but I will always hate the stupid trapeze dad and kid.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set roughs it.

Working Daze slips into "video games aren't like REAL LIFE" territory.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

For reals? I wonder what that looks like.

Huh.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

big_bang_theory_theme.wav

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Wanamingo posted:

"NO, WAIT! Why didn't I think of that?" (plants .38 revolver in third suspect's home) "That'll teach that smug non-gunhaver."

Another mystery solved, thanks to... Inspector Danger

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Wanamingo posted:

:raise: What if it was one of the other two and they just picked up the shell casings before leaving?

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Yeah, or what if one of them also owned a .38 revolver. Whatever batshit logic Inspector Danger used to arrive at his conclusion that the third guy did it applies equally well to the other two suspects. He just didn't like the third guy, so out comes the drop gun.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

minimalist posted:

Yeah, or what if one of them also owned a .38 revolver. Whatever batshit logic Inspector Danger used to arrive at his conclusion that the third guy did it applies equally well to the other two suspects. He just didn't like the third guy, so out comes the drop gun.

Yeah, if there's going to be an offscreen gun there is no reason one or both of the other guys can't also have an offscreen gun.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

The only way I could see a K&K cartoon get produced is if Tim & Eric snatched up the rights and just played up the horror of the setting completely straight.

Stoners on Adult Swim would be watching, all like "Oh hey, a cartoon with talking animals, I wonder- THEY'RE ROUNDING UP THE HERBIVORES INTO CAMPS AND SORTING THEM BY FLAVOR WHAT THE CHRIST!!!"

Simian_Prime fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Nov 16, 2014

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Foxtrot

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

The Phantom

Sunday Rip Haywire

Classic Prince Valiant

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

drat, that's a fine pimp-slap.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Hey, remember when "Dilbert" was about a powerless "little guy" whose only solace from callous and arbitrary corporate culture was faith in his own competence and inventiveness, instead of a bunch of cruel assholes bullying the poo poo out of their (apparently) defenseless boss? Scott Adams doesn't either.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Simian_Prime posted:

The only way I could see a K&K cartoon get produced is if Tim & Eric snatched up the rights and just played up the horror of the setting completely straight.

Stoners on Adult Swim would be watching, all like "Oh hey, a cartoon with talking animals, I wonder- THEY'RE ROUNDING UP THE HERBIVORES INTO CAMPS AND SORTING THEM BY FLAVOR WHAT THE CHRIST!!!"

I'd pay good money to sit in on any hypothetical K&K pitch meetings. "So it's about people who are animals." "Alright, but that's not a sell by itself, what's the gimmick?" "Oh, well, the carnivores all round up and routinely eat the herbivores, including the children." "Get the gently caress out of my office."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Hey, remember when "Dilbert" was about a powerless "little guy" whose only solace from callous and arbitrary corporate culture was faith in his own competence and inventiveness, instead of a bunch of cruel assholes bullying the poo poo out of their (apparently) defenseless boss? Scott Adams doesn't either.

No, but I remember the DIlbert where he decided to be a tech support prima donna and blasted his boss in the face with a fire extinguisher.

Rules to live by, frankly.

• Locked thread