Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

XkyRauh posted:

What about Sphere Break?

That's not Triple Triad, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

XkyRauh posted:

What about Sphere Break?

That's in Sgrub. It's a pretty unpleasant experience for the loser

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Just caught up with the last few comics. I'm very glad Terezi's back and back to being awesome, but still impatiently waiting for best troll Karkat to be brought back to life. Stop goofing around and get on with it, John.

Also that music video...sure was something. Best moment for unintentional hilarity was when Basco looked behind him, noticed he was being stalked by a crowd of Homestuck cosplayers on a dark street at night, and immediately ran like hell, because I'm pretty sure that'd be my exact reaction to that situation IRL as well.

...what quadrant would you all say Hussie and Basco's relationship would fall under, I think we need to have a detailed discussion on this.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Zoe posted:

...what quadrant would you all say Hussie and Basco's relationship would fall under, I think we need to have a detailed discussion on this.

Definitely Hearts-Star-Horshoe

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

CuddlyZombie posted:

Definitely Hearts-Star-Horshoe

I think they're better for Balloons-Star-Horseshoe, personally.

Oh, and am I the only one who thinks we're going back to before Aranea got the ring, and John instead finding a way to get it onto Vriska's finger?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

GeneX posted:

I think they're better for Balloons-Star-Horseshoe, personally.

Oh, and am I the only one who thinks we're going back to before Aranea got the ring, and John instead finding a way to get it onto Vriska's finger?

A Serket in a position of power and relevance does not sound like a fix to the problem. It'd probably be less awful but remember Vriska only got some perspective on how generally lovely she is after witnessing Aranea's awful plan, I doubt she'd have that realization if she was the one to come back to life instead.

Edit: Also, considering John's current thoughts on Vriska I doubt he'd do it anyway.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Nov 16, 2014

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

A Serket in a position of power and relevance does not sound like a fix to the problem. It'd probably be less awful but remember Vriska only got some perspective on how generally lovely she is after witnessing Aranea's awful plan, I doubt she'd have that realization if she was the one to come back to life instead.

Edit: Also, considering John's current thoughts on Vriska I doubt he'd do it anyway.

It's really just a way of getting more Vriska screentime.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

GeneX posted:

It's really just a way of getting more Vriska screentime.

Why would you want that when Meenah can get revived instead, as she is similar to Vriska but far superior.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Why would you want that when Meenah can get revived instead, as she is similar to Vriska but far superior.

We've already got one living Meenah, I'm pretty sure the story's integrity can't take more than that.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Cleretic posted:

We've already got one living Meenah, I'm pretty sure the story's integrity can't take more than that.

More Meenahs would only improve the story exponentially.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I prefer to forget that the alpha trolls as a whole even exist.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Honestly if it were possible to do away with all the Alpha Trolls, Meenah would be a small price to pay.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I am of the opposite mind. The existence of the Alpha Troll's is a small price to pay for Meenah's presence in the story. Every Alpha Troll outside of Meenah and Aranea have their relevance confined to Act 6 Intermission 3 anyway.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I think the story would be better if there were no trolls at all.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Cat Mattress posted:

I think the story would be better if there were no trolls at all.

I don't care if you're joking I agree with this

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
A homestuck without karkat is not worth reading.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'm going to fight you, irl

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Hello yes I am an imbecile who thinks Homestuck would be improved if we removed the existence of Karkat, Terezi, Vriska, Meenah, and Equius.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

homestuck would have ended years ago sans trolls

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Homestuck would be improved if we removed every single character. All of them.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Freak Futanari posted:

Homestuck would be improved if we removed every single character. All of them.
At the rate things are going, that's how it'll end.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

TVs Ian posted:

At the rate things are going, that's how it'll end.

Good.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Freak Futanari posted:

HOMOSUCK WOULD BE IMPROVED. IF WE REMOVED EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER. EXCEPT ME.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
SailorMoonstuck sounds pretty bad tbqfh

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

AriadneThread posted:

homestuck would have ended years ago sans trolls

Yeah I know and it would have been much better.

Homestuck has been going on for 5 years.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

CJacobs posted:

And it will continue on for 5 more.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

SyntheticPolygon posted:

And it will continue on for 5 more.

I didn't vote for this.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Reminder:

Homestuck was originally planned to be only a year long.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I started reading Homestuck in middle school and now I'm graduated and home stuck still hasn't finished and that's pretty ridiculous

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Freak Futanari posted:

I'm going to fight you, irl

Who ruined your avatar? :(

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Lizard Wizard posted:

Who ruined your avatar? :(

I don't know, maybe the same person who bought me the last one, or the one before that. Don't worry though i have a couple potential Vriskatars up my sleeve.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
sailor moon owns though

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Action Shakespeare posted:

sailor moon owns though

no

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

yes :j:

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

drat... alright

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

God forbid that a webcomic keep running for more than a year, that's just unheard of :rolleyes:

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
You scrubs will have cause to complain when you endure Hussie taking 15 years to hit the halfway point of a story only planned to last five. :zoro:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Davinci posted:

I started reading Homestuck in middle school and now I'm graduated and home stuck still hasn't finished and that's pretty ridiculous

During the course of Homestuck I have earned three University degrees. Rereading the comic and trying to remember what it was like when I first read a certain update gives me severe mental whiplash. Then again, take any young person and jump five years in their personal timeline, and you're going to see some big changes.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Since homestuck started I was born, died, passed through the wheel of Samsara, and was reborn as a small yappy dog for my spiritual imperfections.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
years are meaningless to me now. there is no time, except for vriskatime