Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Doublehex posted:

Well when I did it with Titanfall it was the International edition, so I don't think that will be the case.

edit: Scroll to the bottom of the product page and see supported languages. Even on the Mexican site it says that all nearly all languages are available.

What's the reduced price supposed to be at? I seem to be getting the same price with Hula on/off (45 USD).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I bought the game off G2A but is it normal I didn't get a code to redeem the game right away?

edit: or do they send the key when it gets released?

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Nov 16, 2014

Syllogism
Jun 7, 2001

We have listened. We are unmoved. The cleansing will proceed.

Kurtofan posted:

I bought the game off G2A but is it normal I didn't get a code to redeem the game right away?

edit: or do they send the key when it gets released?
Apparently the g2a customer service has no idea when they'll have the keys.

http://i.imgur.com/Xh0WJp7.png

Instead of paying extra for some shady keys with an unknown delivery date, just use vpn

Orv
May 4, 2011

Syllogism posted:

Apparently the g2a customer service has no idea when they'll have the keys.

http://i.imgur.com/Xh0WJp7.png

Instead of paying extra for some shady keys with an unknown delivery date, just use vpn

G2A is legit, they just don't have enough pull to get through publisher bullshit. That said there's no real reason to preorder from them, you mostly go there for their weekly sales.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Josef bugman posted:

When you approach it like that I suppose she has a lot of good points, but the book doesn't bear that out as much because the Templars are trying to dick things over anyway.

Still, these things happen and chatting will happen.

Agreed. Vivienne has some good points, mostly relating to how noble rebellion so often becomes pointlessly violent and that the mages have no real shot at fighting off all of Thedas with their small numbers, but the privileged life and connections makes her whole "perspective" speech hypocritical. Especially the way she glosses over every detail that doesn't paint he political opponents in a negative light. She really is a fantasy Republican.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Bogwitt posted:

Templarz rule! Mages stink!

Decided I'm going to make a male human warrior for my first playthrough. As dreadfully dull as that sounds, I think it just makes more sense for the character as I want my first run to be with a holier-than-thou prick who supports the chantry and the templars.

I'm making a Female Human Warrior, make look as close to Andraste as I can in CC, but play her as Anti-Chantry and an Atheist who hates being called the Herald of Andraste and who will help the Mages and Elves.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Orv posted:

G2A is legit, they just don't have enough pull to get through publisher bullshit. That said there's no real reason to preorder from them, you mostly go there for their weekly sales.

Well it's like 20 euros cheaper so that's pretty good.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
For the fun of it I went through Origin using every country I could and tomorrow is the earliest dragon age will unlock. On an unrelated note, wow some of you guys get really hosed over on prices.

Orv
May 4, 2011

A. Beaverhausen posted:

For the fun of it I went through Origin using every country I could and tomorrow is the earliest dragon age will unlock. On an unrelated note, wow some of you guys get really hosed over on prices.

Yep. Seoul cuts off 14/15 hours from the US release time, and obviously days off the euro time, but that's the earliest.

SoulChicken
Sep 19, 2003

mek it fuhnki

A. Beaverhausen posted:

What country was the winner and what is the time?

Edit : answered above

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS
If I use a vpn to purchase/unlock the US version, will Origin let me play from Japan do you think, or will I have to wait until the 27th anyway?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
^You can definitely unlock it early, you can also buy it through a vpn but then your risking a ban from origin.

SoulChicken posted:

What country was the winner and what is the time?

Edit : answered above

To be specific, South Korea, Thailand, Singapore, and Indonesia all have the earliest unlock at 3:00 PM gmt tomorrow (convert as needed)

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Nov 16, 2014

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Who was the loser in terms of price (aside from Australia of course :australia:)

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

A. Beaverhausen posted:

^You can definitely unlock it early, you can also buy it through a vpn but then your risking a ban from origin.

To be specific, South Korea, Thailand, Singapore, and Indonesia all have the earliest unlock at 3:00 PM gmt tomorrow (convert as needed)

so, 10am EST then, in the only region of the world that matters.

psyman
Nov 1, 2008
Haha oh god apparently the Dragon Age: Inquisition - Inquisitor's Edition is full of dollar store junk: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/2mcqxe/dragon_age_inquisition_inquisitors_edition_very/

quote:

The items inside were all made from VERY cheap gray plastic. The map tokens, inquisition sigil, and lock picks were all the same basic gray cheapo plastic with very poor paint. They all felt like they would break with the slightest pressure. They were also a hell of a lot smaller than the picture on the box. The coins were poorly molded with a terrible paint coating. The quill and ink pot was nothing but a black plastic feather and an empty jar with a cork top....straight from the dollar store.

The drat thing costs US$230 in Aus!: https://ebgames.com.au/ps4-201675-Dragon-Age-Inquisition---Inquisitors-Edition-PlayStation-4

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

Afraid of Audio posted:

Don't pre-order Video Games.

:lron: Best advice on the internet right here.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Wait, so this game is actually good? What the gently caress?

Dogfood
Feb 15, 2004

Part of every balanced meal.

psyman posted:

Haha oh god apparently the Dragon Age: Inquisition - Inquisitor's Edition is full of dollar store junk:

I've been waiting to see this come up.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

redwalrus posted:

:lron: Best advice on the internet right here.

My $200 lifetime subscription to Hellgate: London disagrees with you.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

psyman posted:

Haha oh god apparently the Dragon Age: Inquisition - Inquisitor's Edition is full of dollar store junk: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/2mcqxe/dragon_age_inquisition_inquisitors_edition_very/

The drat thing costs US$230 in Aus!: https://ebgames.com.au/ps4-201675-Dragon-Age-Inquisition---Inquisitors-Edition-PlayStation-4

Ahahahahahahaha

Everything was a concept drawing, there were never any actual photos of the objects, why the poo poo wold people buy that?

Ahahahahaha

http://forum.bioware.com/topic/505948-the-inquisitors-edition-is-coming-to-gamestop/page-14#entry17484646

For reference, here are photos of the actual thing.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Nov 16, 2014

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Wait, so this game is actually good? What the gently caress?

Sure seems so, this isn't where I imagined we would end up either.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I'm glad that goon from SA-Mart found work after getting banned from the forums.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Xoidanor posted:

Sure seems so, this isn't where I imagined we would end up either.

Pessimists are a sad people.

I will still be cautious and let other goons test it before I decide if it's worth buying when it's released here in Europe.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

MadJackMcJack posted:

Who was the loser in terms of price (aside from Australia of course :australia:)

Australia's actually only second worst. The AUD equivalent came to 78.00 USD, as opposed to the Euro's 87.00 USD

GreenBuckanneer posted:

so, 10am EST then, in the only region of the world that matters.

Well yeah, I was just being nice for the unfortunate foreign goons.

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

MadJackMcJack posted:

I haven't gone through them all so this is just from a Swede's point of view. The Digital Deluxe edition that costs $44,99 (with the Mexico VPN glitch) costs 699 Swedish Crowns (SEK) in the Origin store, which google suggests is the equivalent of $94,6. 699 SEK tends to be a standard price for vidya games around here, though PC games tend to be cheaper (I suppose I could buy the standard edition for 599 SEK). In other related news: I just used the VPN thingy.
EDIT: I'm a slowpoke.

ovenboy fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Nov 16, 2014

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
gently caress. Yeah, the Swedish lose the price war.

Anywho,

At least the cards look bitchin. I'm gonna have to snag a deck off of ebay.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Geostomp posted:

Agreed. Vivienne has some good points, mostly relating to how noble rebellion so often becomes pointlessly violent and that the mages have no real shot at fighting off all of Thedas with their small numbers, but the privileged life and connections makes her whole "perspective" speech hypocritical. Especially the way she glosses over every detail that doesn't paint he political opponents in a negative light. She really is a fantasy Republican.

Pretty much, but I can't help but think how irritated she is going to be when I broker a decent deal between the "rebel" mages with more overall freedoms than they had and the Templars having to vet their recruits a lot more.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
So I had a problem with my previous preorder and got a refund, and I found insta-gaming when looking for another place to preorder.

At a first glance they seem totally legit. You can preorder Inquisition 33,47 euros. I paid via Skrill and haven't encountered any problems, so give it a try I guess?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

exquisite tea posted:

My $200 lifetime subscription to Hellgate: London disagrees with you.

You too? :(

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Trap sprung.

dvl
Mar 9, 2007
n/a
Prices in Finland are usually not the worst I guess but for this game they are 60€ for regular and 70€ for deluxe so about 75 and 87 US dollars. I bought the regular version with a Mexican proxy and it ended up being around 33€ so almost half the price.

Here's a stupid question though, how do I know that stuff imported from the Keep actually work when I start DAI? Is there going to be a line somewhere in game thatt clearly states which world state I'm using?

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

dvl posted:

Here's a stupid question though, how do I know that stuff imported from the Keep actually work when I start DAI? Is there going to be a line somewhere in game thatt clearly states which world state I'm using?

I imagine similar to the Mass Effect games and DA2 there will be a menu to select an uploaded world state.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

exquisite tea posted:

Trap sprung.

awwwwwww

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Is any of the preorder bonuses worth it? I wanted to wait until I see more stuff about the game after release but don't want to miss out on any of usefull bonuses.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Rad Valtar posted:

Is any of the preorder bonuses worth it? I wanted to wait until I see more stuff about the game after release but don't want to miss out on any of usefull bonuses.

they're mainly skins. nothing necessary.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

This Denuvo DRM, is it the always online type or what? I hear it described as needing a code that constantly changes in order to play the game, which to me sounds like it would be. Not being able to play a single player game because your internet is down or slow is the most backwards thing.

Doink9731
May 11, 2011

I'm living in a nightmare.
According to Bioware, Origin is the DRM. Denuvo is just used as an anti tampering tool on the executable. Something about 64bit encryption or kernel gobble gook.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Denuvo works offline, at least for Lords of the Fallen.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

They've said it requires an internet connection for the first activation, but nothing after that, as I understand it.

Not that we console peasants have to worry about such elite matters.

Edit:

The official summary of Asunder and Masked Empire, both of which are very important for Inquisition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXX3omLY_JM

CottonWolf fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Nov 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Pre-ordered this even though Bioware have been poo poo recently. I guess I'm retarded or something :shrug:

• Locked thread