Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

limited posted:

I've noticed a fun bug during the 'It's in the cards' challenge.

I picked up the pill baggie in the store ( Didn't realize what the hell it was at the time ) and it turns the Deck of Cards into a pill generator instead.

Although I think the CD is still longer than the regular pill bottle, so I may have hosed myself. :stare:

The deck of cards and the pill bottle are both 6-room recharges, so no, you didn't gently caress yourself in that way. You may have other issues if all your pills suck, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I just completed a fun run with Cain on hard mode through the Dark Room. I had a high damage setup with Abaddon and shielded plus magnetic tears, but once I got through the boss rush I was pretty low on health. I found a 1-dice room in Womb 1 and gambled and ended up with a Lord of the Flies setup that came with Guillotine plus Gemini plus Gnawed Leaf. I was able to use the AFK strategy for most of the rest of the run.

The other fun thing in the run was finding a Forget Me Now, also in Womb 1. The second Womb 1 spawned another dice room, this time a 5 room, so I got to completely clear Womb 1 three times in the run.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Escape Goat posted:

I just found out the hard way that "upload" means "overwrite my PS4 save and all of its progress with my Vita save". :smith:
You uploaded from Vita and then downloaded on PS4?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Isaac is a pretty easy fight when you've got non-standard tears (ipecac, brimstone, etc) and Satan is gonna be kinda sucky no matter what you have. I almost always go Satan unless I've got non-standard tears because Isaac's automatic retaliation on every hit drags the fight out a fair bit.

I thought Isaac doesn't auto-retaliate in this one?

shabbat goy
Oct 4, 2008

If anyone was interested in a ridiculously overpowered Azazel seed (as if it weren't already too easy), here's one that has Tech 2 and Ludovico within the first 2 (or 3) floors, plus other good stuff.

3H9G
ZQXX

Powerful laser plus huge floating brimstone ring. I thought plain Azazel was easy...

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
Don't get piercing tears with Dr. Fetus, bombs not stopping enemies makes it like 10 times harder to aim

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Don't pick up Dr. Fetus. Only even mildly worth it if you have Pyromaniac, and that's more for unlimited healing.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what happens if you get proptosis and coal

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Manatee Cannon posted:

Don't pick up Dr. Fetus. Only even mildly worth it if you have Pyromaniac, and that's more for unlimited healing.

It's very frustrating how weak it is. What really got me is you need more than one Dr. Fetus bomb to blow up a bomb fly.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

flatluigi posted:

Didn't that glitch get patched?

ps4 is a patch behind

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I had a good Lost run destroyed by not thinking and picking up Fetus. Just threw up my hands and suicided in the next room. What a terrible item that is now.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
I know there are even more powerful combos out there, but there's something strangely satisfying in Technology 2 + Ipecac which gives you the laser except with Ipecac's massive damage.

I also got homing shots so my purple laser just melted everything in a pretty lightshow.

Also speaking of Technology 2, I noticed that while I retained my 5 damage when I picked it up, as soon as I entered the next floor my damage stat dropped by 2 or 3. I only found the Ipecac in later floor and its damage definitely wasn't reduced when switching floors, though.

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Nov 16, 2014

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

I regret ever having unlocked the cellar. fml

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Tollymain posted:

what happens if you get proptosis and coal

You don't lose any of the range that you would usually lose from having proptosis, according to the wiki.

Literal Nazi Furry fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Nov 16, 2014

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Why are you all hating on the cellar? It's not like it's a super difficult area that will wreck your poo poo. Unless I'm some kind of godlike Isaac player and the only one who can handle it. Which is something I greatly doubt.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
as somebody who cares less about the whole thing, the cellar is still indisputably much harder than the basement for zero additional reward

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Davincie posted:

ps4 is a patch behind
It's really aggravating to me because I have the loading bug. I have to cope with it with really careful savegame management, but I'm inevitably going to gently caress up. Also playing on Vita is pretty much impossible.

1.01 came out a day later than Steam on PS4, on the weekend even. 1.02 is MIA.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Tollymain posted:

as somebody who cares less about the whole thing, the cellar is still indisputably much harder than the basement for zero additional reward

It's supposed to be.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Spiders are just a lot more annoying than flies and have a much greater chance to hit you, that's about it.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

:toot:

Plenty of unlocks left though.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Also the bosses are much more difficult. If you claim to not hate the haunt you are a liar and i hate you.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Ignite Memories posted:

Also the bosses are much more difficult. If you claim to not hate the haunt you are a liar and i hate you.

The Haunt himself is fine, those two little ghosts are the real boss.

Also just fired up an Eden run and :stare:

E:

Metal as gently caress.

E2:

And scythe tears from the first devil room, okay then

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Nov 16, 2014

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

You don't lose any of the range that you would usually lose from having proptosis, according to the wiki.

This is correct. I just finished an Eden run where I got Brimstone and Coal before finding Proptosis. :awesome:

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

Never listen to the wiki, ever. Proptosis + Coal does nothing special in particular.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Waka-waka sure was easy with coffee beans coming out of your eyes

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Ignite Memories posted:

I have no issues with the haunt :(

Bosses end enemies are more dangerous but that's the entire point of the cellar. To balance that out some of the bosses take way less hits than the Monstros and Geminis, which are jokes and just there to stall you. The Widow for instance goes down quick but catches less experienced players off guard with her jumping around. In general, the spider enemies in the cellar are more bearbable than the tall spiders in the basement, because they take less hits. A small spider takes two hits at base attack value (assuming isaac) and the big ones go down in three.

I'm not saying the cellar isn't harder, though, I just genuinely think it's more fun and don't understand the hate people seem to have for it. It used to give me a lot of trouble when WotL first came out, though, I'll admit.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

e: heh I am bad at reading

Also, People having trouble with Dingle, he telegraphs his attacks hardcore. When he charges, he will make a face like he's gonna fart, so start moving sideways from where he is. If he makes a stupid poo poo eating smile, he's going to shoot, so move slightly over from where you are or far from where you are so he misses. If he whistles, he is going to shoot right after, so start moving.

The Adversary is easy too. He telegraphs his homing brimstone beam, so as long as you keep an eye on him, you should be able to dodge his attack. Basically any time he does something other than his default pose, move to the side of him, since he only faces one way when firing the shot. As long as you stay closeish to him, you should be able to beat him without taking damage.

Everyone is complaining about suicide king, but I had no trouble with it and I didn't get any very OP stuff. As long as you keep in mind that the tears shadow is the hitbox, it makes it way easier to hit things. And it does also help if you get a whip worm, it makes the shots fire out away from you faster and in more straight of an arc.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

teethgrinder posted:

It's really aggravating to me because I have the loading bug. I have to cope with it with really careful savegame management, but I'm inevitably going to gently caress up. Also playing on Vita is pretty much impossible.

1.01 came out a day later than Steam on PS4, on the weekend even. 1.02 is MIA.

What's wrong with Vita? I've been playing there exclusively, with a little PC every so often, and it's been fine.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

IGgy IGsen posted:

I have no issues with the haunt :(

Bosses end enemies are more dangerous but that's the entire point of the cellar. To balance that out some of the bosses take way less hits than the Monstros and Geminis, which are jokes and just there to stall you. The Widow for instance goes down quick but catches less experienced players off guard with her jumping around. In general, the spider enemies in the cellar are more bearbable than the tall spiders in the basement, because they take less hits. A small spider takes two hits at base attack value (assuming isaac) and the big ones go down in three.

I'm not saying the cellar isn't harder, though, I just genuinely think it's more fun and don't understand the hate people seem to have for it. It used to give me a lot of trouble when WotL first came out, though, I'll admit.

Uhhhh there's a million tall spiders in the cellar too so I'm not sure what your point is.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
All you guys complaining about fetus have clearly never known the joy of having it and quad shot :getin:

Also its not really bad at all if you have a decent damage stat. Hell I'll even take it on floor one since it guarantees you get every secret room, can blow up every shroom/skull, and all the other perks of having infinite bombs.

VVV Only if you can't resist walking into your own bombs for some inexplicable reason.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Nov 16, 2014

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Oh, man, I rerolled the first treasure room item into the devil beggar. :allears: Then I got Abbadon in the devil room and the game was basically over at that point.

Internet Kraken posted:

All you guys complaining about fetus have clearly never known the joy of having it and quad shot :getin:

Also its not really bad at all if you have a decent damage stat. Hell I'll even take it on floor one since it guarantees you get every secret room, can blow up every shroom/skull, and all the other perks of having infinite bombs.

Having Dr. Fetus with quad shot is a really good way to kill yourself because it's a bad combination unless you have Pyromaniac. Especially if you pick up Mom's Eye or Loki's Horns.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Internet Kraken posted:

It's just weird that it's the one item that got massively nerfed for no apparent reason.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Finally got my first Mom's Heart kill. Easier than I thought it would be, but that's probably because I had Smart Fly backing me up. Most of the Bullet Hell patterns were pretty easy to dodge.

You know the glitch that causes the D12 to count each segment of a multisegmented enemy as it's own enemy? Well that accidentally worked out in my favor. Dry Baby + Multisegmented enemy + Infestation kills = :supaburn:SPIDER ARMY:supaburn:.

Mikedawson fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Nov 16, 2014

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Sir Tonk posted:

What's wrong with Vita? I've been playing there exclusively, with a little PC every so often, and it's been fine.
Nothing for most people.

I'm stuck with the loading bug which was fixed in 1.02. I can mitigate it by deleting my PS4 save and downloading it from cross-save, but my save game has the condition in it that causes the bug.

The problem with Vita is that you can't delete save data without deleting the entire installation. So I would have to re-download and re-install every single time I want to continue my save.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
A couple things I learned:

1. Don't pick up Soy Milk after having your damage stat shuffled to be as low as humanly-possible.

2. If you do pick up Soy Milk with your bottomed-out damage, don't pick up the Cursed Eye that will inevitably-spawn on the next floor.

I'm never going to get out of the cellar with ??? at this rate.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
I haven't fought blue baby yet but I just watched someone else do it and it looks like he teleports right on top of you for a free heart of damage. It looks cheap as gently caress. What are you supposed to do about it?

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:
So I just got a full meat boy and a full bandage girl within three runs, not sure if they've patched it to make it easier or if i got insanely lucky. I was lucky to get book of revelations in the first item room a couple times, but on both of the runs I either only got meat cubes or only got bandages. According to steam they're my rarest isaac achievements at ~1% each.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
Oh my god tear bombs own if you have some ridiculous tear effects

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

ChickenHeart posted:

A couple things I learned:

1. Don't pick up Soy Milk after having your damage stat shuffled to be as low as humanly-possible.

2. If you do pick up Soy Milk with your bottomed-out damage, don't pick up the Cursed Eye that will inevitably-spawn on the next floor.

I'm never going to get out of the cellar with ??? at this rate.

Soy milk sets your damage to minimum anyway, so you'd have been extra screwed if you did have high damage. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
If I have Missing Page Two with no red hearts, does it proc every time I take damage?