Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.

UberJumper posted:

Also how do i get my guy to show up on DA Keep?

Turn off the cheat console if you are on PC and happen to have it turned on. In the game options go to the online/account section and allow game data/character upload. Load and save a game on the character you want to upload. Wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peragus
Sep 13, 2011

Afraid of Audio posted:

You do realize that's a joke post that has no basis in anything right.

I'm an idiot that is looking for any reason to get excited. After ME3, anything seems plausible.

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug
I'm pretty certain I've already read that it does, but is it 100% certain that the PC version of DA:I has full controller support ala the console version?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
I'm just mad because it reinforces bioware's "always save everyone with no bad consequences" shtick.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Linux Nazi posted:

I'm pretty certain I've already read that it does, but is it 100% certain that the PC version of DA:I has full controller support ala the console version?

Yes. They used a controller for a Bioware stream on Twitch, then used a keyboard for the next stream.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Nobody click what I'm about to post, it spoils a whole bunch of endgame stuff. Like straight up the final boss is mentioned. Do not click these if you care about that.

http://i.imgur.com/tAS9LAt.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/NAdq8UH.jpg

As I said, it spoils the end, but confirms what I said. That's next gen Loghain talking to you about whats happening.

Ravenfood posted:

I'm just mad because it reinforces bioware's "always save everyone with no bad consequences" shtick.

I find it funny because literally less then 5% of players actually chose that option, despite the fact there is little to no evidence suggesting he's lying, so it's entirely the emotional choice. And now it's going to bite people in the rear end. That amuses me greatly.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Afraid of Audio posted:

You do realize that's a joke post that has no basis in anything right.

Shut UP

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug

Schubalts posted:

Yes. They used a controller for a Bioware stream on Twitch, then used a keyboard for the next stream.

Awesome.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Cythereal posted:

Holy poo poo. But on the other hand... either the Warden dies or there's a demongodbaby. Bioware, you're good at making this a drat tough call if there's not another way around this...

Old God Child is the correct and most narratively interesting decision but really there are no correct decisions because none of them matter in the end

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill

oatgan posted:

Old God Child is the correct and most narratively interesting decision but really there are no correct decisions because none of them matter in the end

And lets be honest, who's going to say no to demon sex with a swamp witch?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

oatgan posted:

no correct decisions because none of them matter in the end

Woah woah woah, this is a game made by Bioware? Put that poo poo in spoilers!

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Since I'm a huge idiot I romanced my goth waifu and went through the portal with her in Witch Hunt. Wonder how this plays out or if it just gets cleaned up in one sentence "And then Morrigan fed the love-sick warden to the demon baby...."....

Peragus
Sep 13, 2011

oatgan posted:

Don't give a gently caress about god baby. Not my child, not my problem. Although, I'm interested to see how Alistair and Morrigan interact after having a child together.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Ok so I just went to The Keep to mark Loghain alive :negative:.

I didn't see the spoilers but I really want to see what Loghain's deal in Inquisition is. Hope Alistair made up with my Warden after 10 years :smith:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

oatgan posted:

Problem is, Old God Child means trusting Morrigan. And that just isn't a good move.

If the spoiler is true, I'm content to call the Warden dying the best option available.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

I still need to go sort my Keep import. It seems like a really cool idea instead of save importing. What's this Court thing? Does it have any impact on DA:I?

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

iGestalt posted:

I still need to go sort my Keep import. It seems like a really cool idea instead of save importing. What's this Court thing? Does it have any impact on DA:I?

Play it if you liked Cookie Clicker.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

iGestalt posted:

The only important thing to take from The Last Court is Morrigan built an Elluvian for the Empress

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Archimago posted:

Play it if you liked Cookie Clicker.

I love Cookie Clicker.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

iGestalt posted:

I love Cookie Clicker.

You might like it then. The cookies will randomly gently caress you (not in the good way) and you have to collect different kinds of cookies and spend them on other cookies.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Archimago posted:

You might like it then. The cookies will randomly gently caress you (not in the good way) and you have to collect different kinds of cookies and spend them on other cookies.

also you can gently caress a couple of the cookies

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

oatgan posted:

also you can gently caress a couple of the cookies

Hot milk.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cythereal posted:

Problem is, Old God Child means trusting Morrigan. And that just isn't a good move.

If the spoiler is true, I'm content to call the Warden dying the best option available.

I would be impressed if that's the case: If all that selfish desire to keep yourself alive results in bad consequences, it would make the weight of a decision between ultimate sacrifice (which is exactly how Varric introduces the Hero's story in the Keep I noticed) and what is ultimately a cop-out all the more interesting in retrospect.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Can someone explain why the Qunari have horns now? I have not been following Dragon Age since Awakening. They remind me of the ogres in Origins, not Sten.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Juvenalian.Satyr posted:

I would be impressed if that's the case: If all that selfish desire to keep yourself alive results in bad consequences, it would make the weight of a decision between ultimate sacrifice (which is exactly how Varric introduces the Hero's story in the Keep I noticed) and what is ultimately a cop-out all the more interesting in retrospect.

Yeah, I'm surprised Bioware might have the guts to do this. I was very happy with the picture perfect ending of Loghain killing the archdemon while Anora and Alistair marry, but I have no trouble killing my Wardens in the Keep to leave Loghain alive.

grrarg posted:

Can someone explain why the Qunari have horns now? I have not been following Dragon Age since Awakening. They remind me of the ogres in Origins, not Sten.

They were always supposed to in Origins, but there were graphical issues. They got their horns back in DA2. And ogres are darkspawn qunari.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Why the gently caress is lelliana alive

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

grrarg posted:

They where intended to have horns in the first game but they didn't want to model a different helmet model just for Sten, so now Sten is one of a few special Qunari who where born without horns thus considered higher standard and the rest have horns. It's just a retcon. Also ignore all those hornless Qunari you kill in the first game.

e:fb

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ZenVulgarity posted:

Why the gently caress is lelliana alive

Because she never died

Doink9731
May 11, 2011

I'm living in a nightmare.

Cythereal posted:

And ogres are darkspawn qunari.

Uh... sir or madam technically according to the Dragon Age Wiki, "Ogres are born from broodmothers who were once female Qunari."

Which I didn't know before I went on that pedantic search. Thanks!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Doink9731 posted:

Uh... sir or madam technically according to the Dragon Age Wiki, "Ogres are born from broodmothers who were once female Qunari."

Which I didn't know before I went on that pedantic search. Thanks!

Hurlocks = darkspawn humans.

Genlocks = darkspawn dwarves (please ignore that genlocks can use magic and dwarves can't).

Shrieks = darkspawn elves.

Ogres = darkspawn qunari.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Waot, the qunari who DON'T have horns are supposed to be the 'higher class' qunari?

That doesn't make any loving sense. Really?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Drifter posted:

Waot, the qunari who DON'T have horns are supposed to be the 'higher class' qunari?

They are special snowflakes what about it doesn't make sense?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Drifter posted:

It doesn't make sense that nobility have inbred to the extent that they have a condition that is rarer in the general population?

Also, what are your opinions on Klingons.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Drifter posted:

I imagine that they're useful because non-qunari are less likely to freak out about the big gray guy than a big gray guy with obviously non-human horns.

Cythereal posted:

Also, Gaider's explanation for the existence of ogres when qunari are recent arrivals to Thedas is much, much dumber than the explanation you were probably thinking: that the darkspawn just grabbed a qunari woman, since it only takes one broodmother to create an army.

Qunari are "recent" as in, they showed up in force about 300 years ago.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Also, Gaider's explanation for the existence of ogres when qunari are recent arrivals to Thedas is much, much dumber than the explanation you were probably thinking: that the darkspawn just grabbed a qunari woman, since it only takes one broodmother to create an army.

Doink9731
May 11, 2011

I'm living in a nightmare.

hobbesmaster posted:

Also, what are your opinions on Klingons.

Hosghaj (Klingon for powerful).

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Drifter posted:

Not strictly higher class by default, but officially they are more likely to be chosen for the Ben hassrath secret police and espionage roles, which make the regular Qunari uncomfortable around them. And the Ben hassrath are the heart of Qunari society, so even if they don't end up being spies or cops, they can have a hand in shaping people's minds, possibly even against their will with drugs.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Geostomp posted:

Qunari are "recent" as in, they showed up in force about 300 years ago.

Nevertheless, according to Gaider, thousands of years ago, before the rise of the Qun, there was a kossith colony in Thedas that the darkspawn overwhelmed. All ogres are birthed from broodmothers created then.

Someone fire that man already, or at least get him away from social media.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

Why was Sten green? Loremeisters / David Gaider Twitter followers I need you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
This is important

• Locked thread